Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.5D

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:36 am

1 you need to have the better space engine, a power generator, solar or regular, and you need to instal it on your ship. If you don't have enough slots for all that you need to make enough slots.

2 Not all conflicts must be solved with violence.

3 There is a computer that makes the place more dangerous. You must put your life on the line to get through those doors.

4 Only perks. Though might I suggest the inclusions of say scientific journals or manuals that improve your crafting and Jurry rigging skills. That would honestly make more sense then "You fought enough aliens, you are smarter now."
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 am

Anesthetic wrote:4 Only perks. Though might I suggest the inclusions of say scientific journals or manuals that improve your crafting and Jurry rigging skills. That would honestly make more sense then "You fought enough aliens, you are smarter now."

I think I've mentioned before what this runs into. A character build is only a character build if it's a trade off. Making it so you items everyone has the ability to find are how you develop that skill and being a gadgeteer, engineer, roboticist or scientist is suddenly NOT a character build as everyone will pick it up at no real cost alongside their extant abilities.

And your logic can extend to every single perk choice in the game "I fought rats in the basement of a deviant alchemist and now i can seduce people better" it's a level based progression system, it's not 100% realistic and sensible.

So no, the closest we're going to get to that idea is where such manuals might exist as EXPENSIVE purchases from stores on freehaven.
darkevilme
---

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:05 am

Is there any sort of command to zoom out, look around, or get an overview map? It's a bit of a nuisance trudging around trying to remember where such-and-such thing was in the various areas.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nuggholio » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 am

yeah i still have no idea how to get through those doors lmao.

wait.... i think im onto something
nuggholio
Participator

Postby Schpadoinkle » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:57 pm

How do I use a space bar? Equipping it puts it in my weapon slot, and it breaks instantly if I attack a ship component with it.

Also how do I warp? My ship has a warp thing, but it just says no stars in range.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Revx_Z wrote:Is there any sort of command to zoom out, look around, or get an overview map? It's a bit of a nuisance trudging around trying to remember where such-and-such thing was in the various areas.

nope, but the last experimental version includes an automap device.

Schpadoinkle wrote:How do I use a space bar? Equipping it puts it in my weapon slot, and it breaks instantly if I attack a ship component with it.

Also how do I warp? My ship has a warp thing, but it just says no stars in range.

1. you should be able to attack a ship module slot and have whatever is in it pop out, unless it's a module you didn't put in. If it is not working then send me a save. And yes, the thing is meant to break instantly..blame the Talharan's for putting apple to shame in the planned obsolescence stakes.

2. need to be on the right, downright, or down, positions around the star..that being said, still working on there being places to go.
darkevilme
---

Postby Anesthetic » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:41 am

darkevilme wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:4 Only perks. Though might I suggest the inclusions of say scientific journals or manuals that improve your crafting and Jurry rigging skills. That would honestly make more sense then "You fought enough aliens, you are smarter now."

I think I've mentioned before what this runs into. A character build is only a character build if it's a trade off. Making it so you items everyone has the ability to find are how you develop that skill and being a gadgeteer, engineer, roboticist or scientist is suddenly NOT a character build as everyone will pick it up at no real cost alongside their extant abilities.

And your logic can extend to every single perk choice in the game "I fought rats in the basement of a deviant alchemist and now i can seduce people better" it's a level based progression system, it's not 100% realistic and sensible.

So no, the closest we're going to get to that idea is where such manuals might exist as EXPENSIVE purchases from stores on freehaven.

Your logic is sound. Though technically you can seduce the rats. I suppose something like that would be a practice system like Elder Scrolls.

I was just going off of the fact there there are ways to get some perks and abilities already without having to actually chose them in the level up.

darkevilme wrote:
Revx_Z wrote:Is there any sort of command to zoom out, look around, or get an overview map? It's a bit of a nuisance trudging around trying to remember where such-and-such thing was in the various areas.

Schpadoinkle wrote:How do I use a space bar? Equipping it puts it in my weapon slot, and it breaks instantly if I attack a ship component with it.

1. you should be able to attack a ship module slot and have whatever is in it pop out, unless it's a module you didn't put in. If it is not working then send me a save. And yes, the thing is meant to break instantly..blame the Talharan's for putting apple to shame in the planned obsolescence stakes.

2. need to be on the right, downright, or down, positions around the star..that being said, still working on there being places to go.

That might be a problem... See for me Spacebars NEVER break. Ever. I've transitioned multiple ships pulling up every single moduel in the ship with just one Space Bar.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 am

darkevilme wrote:

So where else is there to go other than the starting planet, the space hulk, the elf planet and the frozen one?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:53 am

Schpadoinkle wrote:So where else is there to go other than the starting planet, the space hulk, the elf planet and the frozen one?

in 255, you can go to SE and E and encounter spacepirates.
in 257, as above and you can go visit the first draft of freehaven spacestation to the south.

honestly, the addition of FTL travel wasn't that long ago. We're still working on there being places to travel to with it, and it's slow going as I'm still doing the bulk of the work solo.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.7

Postby Sulac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Game crashes when I enter Omnico on the starting planet, this is version 25.7

Spoiler: show
system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
deleting folder temp
deleting file Alpha Minoris IIA.sav
deleting file Alpha Minoris.sav
deleting file Auriga.sav
deleting file Cephei.sav
deleting file Forakis.sav
deleting file player.sav
deleting file verse.sav
[Fatal Error] factory.xml:101:4: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/Users/User/Desktop/Stuff/EkaSort1/Nomad257/Nomad/assets/data/worlds/Alpha%20Minoris%20IIA/factory.xml; lineNumber: 101; columnNumber: 4; The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
at shared.ParserHelper.LoadXML(ParserHelper.java:36)
at nomad.World.LoadZone(World.java:382)
at zone.Zone.LoadZone(Zone.java:199)
at view.ViewScene.Transition(ViewScene.java:540)
at widgets.WidgetPortal.Step(WidgetPortal.java:104)
at zone.Tile.Step(Tile.java:77)
at view.ViewScene.UpdateLogic(ViewScene.java:421)
at view.ViewScene.Update(ViewScene.java:480)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:328)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:312)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at nomad.World.LoadZone(World.java:386)
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.7A

Postby darkevilme » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Sulac wrote:Game crashes when I enter Omnico on the starting planet, this is version 25.7

Spoiler: show
system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
deleting folder temp
deleting file Alpha Minoris IIA.sav
deleting file Alpha Minoris.sav
deleting file Auriga.sav
deleting file Cephei.sav
deleting file Forakis.sav
deleting file player.sav
deleting file verse.sav
[Fatal Error] factory.xml:101:4: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/C:/Users/User/Desktop/Stuff/EkaSort1/Nomad257/Nomad/assets/data/worlds/Alpha%20Minoris%20IIA/factory.xml; lineNumber: 101; columnNumber: 4; The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
at shared.ParserHelper.LoadXML(ParserHelper.java:36)
at nomad.World.LoadZone(World.java:382)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at nomad.World.LoadZone(World.java:386)

cheers. fix for, keep'em coming. https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2r14a5nmff7x94/Nomad%20alpha%20257A.zip?dl=0
edit:
It's cause I removed the enemy spawning so i could check out and try to find the 'one short corridor full of robots' problem and address it. forgot to properly put it back in.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.7B

Postby Anesthetic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:52 am

Wow. First time in a long time this thread has been silent.

How are things going?
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby pussylover3 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:02 pm

question how do I open the doors in the synth factory
pussylover3
Somewhat familiar

Postby SegaCD » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:17 pm

this was addressed earlier in the thread. but here is your answer. find the main computer on the first floor, and turn on synth digestion and it will unlock the door
SegaCD
Been posting for a bit

Postby pussylover3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:14 pm

but but that is a ridiculous way to open a door something completely obscure opens it and no indication brilliant still love the game though
pussylover3
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anesthetic » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:31 am

pussylover3 wrote:but but that is a ridiculous way to open a door something completely obscure opens it and no indication brilliant still love the game though

It's a game where people swallow eachother whole. This is where you draw the line of Rideculousness?
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:37 pm

pussylover3 wrote:no indication

right?
the game wrote:From: mgr. Asbel
to: all
RE: preventing accidents

I'm going to presume the recent glitches involving the synth safeties
are down to maintenance or defects rather than actual foul play for
the time being. However it has become clear I need a contingency in
place unless I want to explain to head office how I'm down half the
staff due to the synths getting gurgle happy. As such I've pulled
some strings to get us a reformation tube. It'll be locked in the
back of the storage level unless the main computer detects synth's
without their safeties. This is to stop you lot using it
recreationally which I know you would do, and probably still will do
despite my best efforts. Just remember I can blank patterns and I
have a space on my shelf.

Wrong.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:24 am

Anesthetic wrote:
pussylover3 wrote:but but that is a ridiculous way to open a door something completely obscure opens it and no indication brilliant still love the game though

It's a game where people swallow eachother whole. This is where you draw the line of Rideculousness?

there's ridiculous as in "that's not realistic" and there's ridiculous as in "that wasn't designed with any forethought or respect to the player's intelligence". do not confuse the former for the latter

luckily in this case, the claimed ridiculousness is from the player's failure to observe surroundings and not the actual fault of the game
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 26.0

Postby pussylover3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Well now I feel like an ass
pussylover3
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 26.0A

Postby SegaCD » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:18 pm

I just looked at the code
SegaCD
Been posting for a bit