Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 26.0A

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:41 am

So I just sucessfully seduced a Drake...

Fairly sure that's not supposed to be possible.

I accidentally used seduction against one because I forgot to switch to attack and Noticed I did 1 seduction damage.

From there on just to prove a point I harassed that Drake with Seduction, and tricked the AI into a loop of movements he couldn't escape untill I finally fully seduced it... Took A Long Time...

At best I could pull 3 damage out of a Critical Seduction, but the weird thing was a Critical didn't always net any damage at all.

The seduction damage realy seemed to be random to trigger. If it triggered and I got a critical then I could do 3, if it triggered but no critical 1, and if it didn't trigger even with a critical 0.

The ultimate result is just the normal text as if you beat it with a physical attack. Honestly it perhaps makes a little more sense with seduction unless drakes are a Masocistic species.

EDIT

Also what are the benifits of the space low rider?

I mean unless you are insane you will find the Whinnebago first, and it has more equipment slots.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 am

Anesthetic wrote:So I just sucessfully seduced a Drake...

Fairly sure that's not supposed to be possible.

I accidentally used seduction against one because I forgot to switch to attack and Noticed I did 1 seduction damage.

From there on just to prove a point I harassed that Drake with Seduction, and tricked the AI into a loop of movements he couldn't escape untill I finally fully seduced it... Took A Long Time...

At best I could pull 3 damage out of a Critical Seduction, but the weird thing was a Critical didn't always net any damage at all.

The seduction damage realy seemed to be random to trigger. If it triggered and I got a critical then I could do 3, if it triggered but no critical 1, and if it didn't trigger even with a critical 0.

The ultimate result is just the normal text as if you beat it with a physical attack. Honestly it perhaps makes a little more sense with seduction unless drakes are a Masocistic species.

EDIT

Also what are the benifits of the space low rider?

I mean unless you are insane you will find the Whinnebago first, and it has more equipment slots.

it's not usually possible, that's why scenes aren't written for it.

and the prospector has...nine slots, the heavy..has nine slots. they have the SAME number of slots. they're both tier 2s. the heavy is tougher but is less fuel efficient. the prospector is cheaper not needing 4k of gold to acquire.
darkevilme
---

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:52 am

darkevilme wrote:it's not usually possible, that's why scenes aren't written for it.

and the prospector has...nine slots, the heavy..has nine slots. they have the SAME number of slots. they're both tier 2s. the heavy is tougher but is less fuel efficient. the prospector is cheaper not needing 4k of gold to acquire.

It's also on a planet that will kill you unless you are like level 12 minimum.

4k gold is not an issue when you factor in the difficulty of getting to the prospector in the first place, and the added difficulty of porting an extra Fuel Tank, and enough blue crystals to make that thing flyable.

And since you can't land anywhere else on that planet more reachable, you cant take off and reland closer to your previous ship, you need to aquire enough blue crystals from the caverns with the Lyxis, or bring enough and then schlep them through the cavern to get back to the other planets, and since the interplanetary reactor is a whopping 30 pounds you are likely just using a regular fuel tank so you need, TONS of blue crystals to get back to the other planets from there, as well as make multiple trips to and from your previous ship.

So yeah. Getting 4k gold is WAY easier then any of that.

Also no it does not have 9 slots. It has the 3 at the front the red 1 in the middle, and the 4 at the back. So 8, unless one of the wall pannels is secretly a slot.

And yeah I figured that wasn't supposed to happen. That's why I posted about it. I figured it was a glitch. I shouldn't be able to damage them at all with seduction, so the fact that I can intermittantly do it is a problem.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:08 am

Anesthetic wrote:
darkevilme wrote:it's not usually possible, that's why scenes aren't written for it.

It's also on a planet that will kill you unless you are like level 12 minimum.

4k gold is not an issue when you factor in the difficulty of getting to the prospector in the first place, and the added difficulty of porting an extra Fuel Tank, and enough blue crystals to make that thing flyable.

And since you can't land anywhere else on that planet more reachable, you cant take off and reland closer to your previous ship, you need to aquire enough blue crystals from the caverns with the Lyxis, or bring enough and then schlep them through the cavern to get back to the other planets, and since the interplanetary reactor is a whopping 30 pounds you are likely just using a regular fuel tank so you need, TONS of blue crystals to get back to the other planets from there, as well as make multiple trips to and from your previous ship.

So yeah. Getting 4k gold is WAY easier then any of that.

Also no it does not have 9 slots. It has the 3 at the front the red 1 in the middle, and the 4 at the back. So 8, unless one of the wall pannels is secretly a slot.

And yeah I figured that wasn't supposed to happen. That's why I posted about it. I figured it was a glitch. I shouldn't be able to damage them at all with seduction, so the fact that I can intermittantly do it is a problem.

Turns out I put a stack of junk overwriting the rear center slot. it's MEANT to have 9 slots.

So I'm guessing I need to make the heavy a harder ship to acquire in comparison. Maybe I'll buff the robospheres. Or make it still more expensive to unearth. Or make it so the prospector is seven kinds of awesome. Or make the prospector easier to acquire.
darkevilme
---

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:24 am

So what you are saying is that one of the wall pannels is secretly a slot.

darkevilme wrote:So I'm guessing I need to make the heavy a harder ship to acquire in comparison. Maybe I'll buff the robospheres. Or make it still more expensive to unearth. Or make it so the prospector is seven kinds of awesome. Or make the prospector easier to acquire.

I vote either of the seccond 2.

As it stands no ammount of money would make the Whinnebago less apealing to me then to get the Low Rider.

I'm a level 16 character decked out in the best armor and gear equippable, and the Prospector is such an ungodly endevor, I started trying to do it and gave up because it was too much work.

So I won't do it, and I still wouldn't be interested in doing it even if it had 10 slots.

The idea that players might get the Low Rider before the Whinnebago is simply ridiculeous. Fist you have to get to the furthest planet, then you have to be tough enough to survive there, good enough to find it, have the resourses to repair it, and the gold to get enough fuel in it to take it back to society, because the only why you are getting enough blue crystals to get to the planet in one ship, then come back in another is to buy them. Unless people feel like spending hours farming the caves.

All that is high level stuff, and not for anyone who isn't already using the Space Whinnebago.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 26.0C

Postby darkevilme » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Anesthetic wrote:So what you are saying is that one of the wall pannels is secretly a slot.

darkevilme wrote:So I'm guessing I need to make the heavy a harder ship to acquire in comparison. Maybe I'll buff the robospheres. Or make it still more expensive to unearth. Or make it so the prospector is seven kinds of awesome. Or make the prospector easier to acquire.

I vote either of the seccond 2.

As it stands no ammount of money would make the Whinnebago less apealing to me then to get the Low Rider.

I'm a level 16 character decked out in the best armor and gear equippable, and the Prospector is such an ungodly endevor, I started trying to do it and gave up because it was too much work.

So I won't do it, and I still wouldn't be interested in doing it even if it had 10 slots.

The idea that players might get the Low Rider before the Whinnebago is simply ridiculeous. Fist you have to get to the furthest planet, then you have to be tough enough to survive there, good enough to find it, have the resourses to repair it, and the gold to get enough fuel in it to take it back to society, because the only why you are getting enough blue crystals to get to the planet in one ship, then come back in another is to buy them. Unless people feel like spending hours farming the caves.

All that is high level stuff, and not for anyone who isn't already using the Space Whinnebago.

okay. Thing is. I can't make 'getting it' easier without making the whole world easier. Which reduces the progression curve. So I may as well run with making it more awesome...

In other news https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7w5w6yxtqftqme/Nomad%20alpha%20260C.zip?dl=0
still working on bug stabilizing the new release. But I think it might be worth showing to folks now. See changelog for details.

Speaking of progress though. I'm feeling a bit less than focused when it comes to my roadmap for update 270 right now. So why not. I'm going to open it to the community again. Feel free to make suggestions about things to correct, improve, add for update 270. I open the floor to the masses.

similarly, another poll, cause you gotta love polls https://goo.gl/forms/qicij34uJfmDQaqV2

Between the polls, community, patreon supporters and discord group I'll probably be able to have a roadmap for 270 and maybe 280 and beyond.
darkevilme
---

Postby pussylover3 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:11 pm

one Thing I think this game needs is a way to remove obstacles or bypass them for instance, on the snowy planet where you are supposed to be able to fight wyverns... the only path to get there was blocked by a SNOWBALL and I am thinking well this suck and left then on the same planet. I go underground and comeback up to get the other ship but one block gaps were preventing passage and believe me I looked for another way in back there were none. so unless this is a scenario where I am being retarded AGAIN because I don't really read the story (sorry for that I'm sure the story is beautiful) or I am missing a perk because I am level 13 and cannot for the life of me grind 6000 experience in a timely manner of which I do not have.
then that's means level generation can be mean
pussylover3
Somewhat familiar

Postby CaptainElusive » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:16 pm

After installing build 260, I was back at the beginning of the game (though I still had my stuff so I'm assuming that's not a big deal [though Zin was still with me which may be a problem]). I built a research machine and found that I couldn't research any creature. I think the game didn't reset my research and now I don't have any of those entries. Upon getting to the elf village, I wasn't able to talk to the priest or the shopkeep. When I used the look option on them, it told me something like "a straw mat". Lastly, there's a game lock with the raptor girls in the containment pod. After eating them and letting them go the first time, if you try to eat them again, the dialogue option does not work and your stuck in that menu (This is an issue with the 257B though it may still be in current builds). I hope that helps.
Usually silent, hiding in plain slight. Only seen when he wants to be. Amateur edgelord [hey!].
CaptainElusive
New to the forum

Postby Anesthetic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:31 am

One thing that would be REALLY nice is a way to mark chests that you've opened to indicate that they've been drained, or simply looked in.

I cant tell you how many times I've seen chests scattered around the world, and not known if I looted them yet.

I've taken to destroying any chests I find after I remove the Items I found valuable in the moment, just so i don't have to be curious if I've looted them yet.

This often leaves piles of still good items like bateries, computation valves, and grenades on the floor just because I didn't have the carry weight to support taking any more then the absolute best items from the chest, and then getting rid of the chest despite the seccond tier Items being left behind, just because I don't want to waste my time with confusion.

So maybe you could make it so if the chest is empty the lid is off, and it's black inside, and if its just been opened and not completely looted, it's lid is off and there is gold inside.

One planet that could be cool to add is an advance but corrupt society.

You know the poliece just come up and rob/extort you, they find excuses to arrest or eat you, if you get mugged and try to report it they will either take advantage of you, or just dismiss you as someone wasting their time. Everyone's a back stabber and nobody is your friend, but they have good stuff so you have to really question weather or not you want to go there.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Xidas » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:06 pm

So I've got a weird bug where when I try to pick up the shooting iron with bullets in my inventory, the game crashes. I've already used it before, but only until I used up the six shots it started with. I was trying to reload it, but the game crashes whenever I click on it in inventory. I can move it to and from boxes just fine.

Here's the error log:

system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
deleting folder temp
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: item.ItemAmmo cannot be cast to item.instances.ItemDepletableInstance
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.CanReload(InventoryScreen.java:862)
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.GenDropDown(InventoryScreen.java:812)
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.update(InventoryScreen.java:231)
at view.ViewScene.UpdateLogic(ViewScene.java:394)
at view.ViewScene.Update(ViewScene.java:480)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:328)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:312)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
Xidas
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:03 am

Xidas wrote:So I've got a weird bug where when I try to pick up the shooting iron with bullets in my inventory, the game crashes. I've already used it before, but only until I used up the six shots it started with. I was trying to reload it, but the game crashes whenever I click on it in inventory. I can move it to and from boxes just fine.

Here's the error log:

system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
deleting folder temp
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: item.ItemAmmo cannot be cast to item.instances.ItemDepletableInstance
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.CanReload(InventoryScreen.java:862)
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.GenDropDown(InventoryScreen.java:812)
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.update(InventoryScreen.java:231)
at view.ViewScene.UpdateLogic(ViewScene.java:394)
at view.ViewScene.Update(ViewScene.java:480)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:328)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:312)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)

put down all your bullets, and pick them up again. look for any that are not part of a stack or that don't have any indication of how much ammo they contain. you have a naked itemammo reference, which ordinarily shouldn't happen but is a side effect of ammo being stackable now that I haven't quite managed to patch over.
darkevilme
---

Postby RisingStar » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:52 am

I previously had your blog bookmarked but it was not updated and I only just now found this. woops.
RisingStar
New to the forum

Postby vayne358 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:24 pm

after clearing the rat problem for the elf alchemist, i dont get an option to go under the table. bug or was it removeD?
vayne358
Somewhat familiar

Postby vayne358 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 pm

is the device in neri's basement implemented yet?
vayne358
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:48 pm

unless it was broken with the ui changes, yeah, the basement device should work. you just need to figure out how to get it to work. it worked back when i made my guide like several months ago
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Runek » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:39 pm

SO! After beating this I have a few ideas.

For the ice-planet ship. To offset how hard it is to get to this thing. Then to make it functional, as well as it being a heavier craft than the second.- planets ship. I offer you the idea of putting one, or two more nodes for equipment. I love this ship, but I feel a slight sense of irritation that I need to remove nodes to swap things for what I am trying to do. Often I replace the crafting bench with the research computer. Simply because the other nodes have things put into them to have those items function. In no ship have I been able to afford to place down the bed or the capture items if I wanted it to be warp capable. I was so sad to find out that the trade ship while it has more cargo room. That it has fewer nodes to put equipment into. (Also that you can't remove the cargo containers as if you do, they don't have nodes for equipment under them! Thus losing cargo-space)

Secondly, captured ships. Why can't I strip out the equipment from them? The space-bar breaks and when I finally do enough damage they are not intact. (Could just be an issue with my game?) Also, why are space bars destroyed on hitting a mob? I destroyed several because I was not paying attention...

UI ideas. Could we get information about each stat? Some I haven't messed with at all because I wasn't sure what they did. Could be just a button next to each stat. Or a 'help' menu that tells you what they do.

Maps and directions. So, by now I figure the 'war' is incomplete. Given no matter what I do the captains never show up. So a quest-log planet-map (To show regions and items of importance?) that shows where you have been. As well as "warp gates" That tell you where each warp launch direction/take off point is available. To follow up with the map idea, perhaps a galaxy-map? To simply ease into helping the player figure out where they can go?
Runek
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Runek wrote:SO! After beating this I have a few ideas.

For the ice-planet ship. To offset how hard it is to get to this thing. Then to make it functional, as well as it being a heavier craft than the second.- planets ship. I offer you the idea of putting one, or two more nodes for equipment. I love this ship, but I feel a slight sense of irritation that I need to remove nodes to swap things for what I am trying to do. Often I replace the crafting bench with the research computer. Simply because the other nodes have things put into them to have those items function. In no ship have I been able to afford to place down the bed or the capture items if I wanted it to be warp capable. I was so sad to find out that the trade ship while it has more cargo room. That it has fewer nodes to put equipment into. (Also that you can't remove the cargo containers as if you do, they don't have nodes for equipment under them! Thus losing cargo-space)

I am currently in the process of replacing the prospector with a stronger (tier 3) ship in that location. That being said, you are supposed to be making choices when it comes to spaceship system selection. You should never be in a position where you can just have ALL THE THINGS. If i wanted you to have all the things I'd just have spaceships come fully equipped and operate from a menu. That being said, I wonder what exactly you did to fill NINE ship slots and not have room for that stuff. What is the configuration of your prospector?

Secondly, captured ships. Why can't I strip out the equipment from them? The space-bar breaks and when I finally do enough damage they are not intact. (Could just be an issue with my game?) Also, why are space bars destroyed on hitting a mob? I destroyed several because I was not paying attention...

Because ship definitions for alien ships don't include the 'item contained' definition for each widget slot. They could. Maybe. But this might run into players potentially sequence breaking to get super awesome alien weapons before they're supposed to. And the spacebars act as equivalent of melee range grenades with a special effect. it doesn't matter whether you're using them as intended. And as you're not using them as intended please note that we are not responsible for damage caused by intentional misuse.
UI ideas. Could we get information about each stat? Some I haven't messed with at all because I wasn't sure what they did. Could be just a button next to each stat. Or a 'help' menu that tells you what they do.

This is an overdue feature. I just haven't gotten around to it.

Maps and directions. So, by now I figure the 'war' is incomplete. Given no matter what I do the captains never show up. So a quest-log planet-map (To show regions and items of importance?) that shows where you have been. As well as "warp gates" That tell you where each warp launch direction/take off point is available. To follow up with the map idea, perhaps a galaxy-map? To simply ease into helping the player figure out where they can go?

Yes the war isn't quite working. might be fixed next update. A quest log..probably not going to happen. An enhanced version of the automap that shows which zone you're in though.. I might add that.
Ditto I might add a hinter where if you have navigation skills it highlights directions to adjacent stars.
darkevilme
---

Postby Runek » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:33 pm

On my last playthrough, the prospector had the Missle-weapon, cargo container, interplanetary reactor, the research station that I also swapped back and forth with crafting bench, simple reactor, two warp coils(So I didn't need the battery bank), and the reformer, with the nav console. Most of that stuff is kinda-sorta needed for getting various things or scenes. While being warp-capable. Otherwise thanks for answering!
Runek
Been posting for a bit

Postby Buggingbug8020 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:08 am

Do I just need windows to play this?
Buggingbug8020
New to the forum

Postby CreeperBoy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Buggingbug8020 wrote:Do I just need windows to play this?

Anything that can run the Java Runtime Environment can play this. Mac can do it, Linux can do it, but most people use Windows. If you're lucky, your mobile device can use it.

You can get the Java Runtime Environment from Oracle's website.
CreeperBoy
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game