Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 24J

Postby darkevilme » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 pm

okay fixes for.
gun using satiation, which they shouldn't.
faction library not being cleared on new game.
not being able to use ammunition in the quickslot.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f5rmcgg3pbbtba0/Nomad_alpha_24J.zip

and i've been forgetting them for a while so, drop box link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyy1e0qu6vgx31j/Nomad%20alpha%2024J.zip?dl=0
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:25 am

First off, sorry I didn't respond to the fixes you guys sent me, thanks for the advice.

But I've been too busy to try them, and now the newer versions are out. So I, 1 hoped that maybe the new Versions would fix my problem, and 2 thought my saves would just import into the new game anyway, even if the space ship was not where I needed it to be.

But no on the seccond account. I took the save folders and moved them to the apropriate location and duped them in, but I cant load from any of them.

They show up in the load list, but are in-acessable to load from.

Am I doing something wrong?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:31 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:First off, sorry I didn't respond to the fixes you guys sent me, thanks for the advice.

But I've been too busy to try them, and now the newer versions are out. So I, 1 hoped that maybe the new Versions would fix my problem, and 2 thought my saves would just import into the new game anyway, even if the space ship was not where I needed it to be.

But no on the seccond account. I took the save folders and moved them to the apropriate location and duped them in, but I cant load from any of them.

I dont know exactly. but. if you upload the files I can take a look at them and try to do some autopsy on what might of happened.

edit:

okay tracked back to which version you last played....and found it was 23something...now i really want the files cause the version shift is in fact supposed to work (you should end up in the escape pod with your levels and inventory intact) and if it doesn't I want to know why.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 am

darkevilme wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:First off, sorry I didn't respond to the fixes you guys sent me, thanks for the advice.

I dont know exactly. but. if you upload the files I can take a look at them and try to do some autopsy on what might of happened.

edit:

okay tracked back to which version you last played....and found it was 23something...now i really want the files cause the version shift is in fact supposed to work (you should end up in the escape pod with your levels and inventory intact) and if it doesn't I want to know why.

Here.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7ds4646vkjp0d7w

It's a bit counter intuitive to say, but I hope these files dont just out right work for you, and fail to load like mine do.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:04 am

Gotta say. A ridiculous number of my saves go corrupt on this version. The auto save even went corupt at one point, aloing with my previous hard save. So I lost about an hour of work.

Also using alot of options is making the game crash. Repulsor bands have the option to be split, and that will crash the game. Along with geting info on the Cultivator Blueprint.
Last edited by 0Anesthetic4u on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:16 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Gotta say. A ridiculous number of my saves go corrupt on this version. The auto save even went corupt at one point, aloing with my previous hard save. So I lost about an hour of work.

Also using alot of options is making the game crash. Repulsor bands have the option to be split, and that will crash the game. Along with geting info on the Cultivator Blueprint.

1. if the save goes corrupt. send it my way. I am still trying to get to the bottom of it. Though I should warn you that if it goes corrupt due to files simply going missing there's nothing for me to look at. At the same time, and yes i know it still happens, Nomad should now never get into a situation where it's outright failed to create the file. as after the saving routine the game checks all the files exist. And after that it tries again, if the 2nd time fails it will then warn you with big red letters. So i'm not sure what else more I can do on that front. So that just leaves where the file EXISTS but is unreadable. In which case I want to know why.

2. you got a stack of repulsor bands, and you split them, and the game crashed....I'm intrigued I will test this.

3. and i will test the cultivator blueprint thing.

Thankyou for your bug reports and your forebearance for the ongoing nature of work on this game.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 am

darkevilme wrote:1. if the save goes corrupt. send it my way. I am still trying to get to the bottom of it. Though I should warn you that if it goes corrupt due to files simply going missing there's nothing for me to look at. At the same time, and yes i know it still happens, Nomad should now never get into a situation where it's outright failed to create the file. as after the saving routine the game checks all the files exist. And after that it tries again, if the 2nd time fails it will then warn you with big red letters. So i'm not sure what else more I can do on that front. So that just leaves where the file EXISTS but is unreadable. In which case I want to know why.

2. you got a stack of repulsor bands, and you split them, and the game crashed....I'm intrigued I will test this.

Thankyou for your bug reports and your forebearance for the ongoing nature of work on this game.

No I had one repulsor band, equiped. It wouldn't "Use" but the option to split it was there. I was intrigued by that, and pressed it only to have it take about 30 minutes of my time and throw it in the trash.

Also I really don't see the Value in seduction. It doesn't work on all enemies, and it's weak as hell. I know it can broker you peace with the harpies, but I've taken every perk associated with it and Seductris 3 times, giving me a total of 9 Seduction, and it's STILL weak as hell. Despite having that and Alluring, I do at best 3 points of seduction per successfull hit, and despite having Sex Apeal, my ranged seduction still does 0 seduction over any range greater then 1 square.

And it's annoyingly in a separate menu, taking more clicks then switching between attack and Interact do.

Am I foccusing on the wrong stats for it, Is there a threshold of points in seduction before it starts doing more damage, or is this just brokenly weak right now?

Sorry for all the complaining. I complain because I care. I like this game. Sunk wayyyy too many hours into it already, but yeah, seduction is worthless right now, and I'm not taking perks that I really need because I want to see if I can't get seduction to actually work for me.

I went back to playing after writing this, and got a Point Blank, CRITICAL on a fawn using seduction and did 0 seduction.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 24K

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:31 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
darkevilme wrote:1. if the save goes corrupt. send it my way. I am still trying to get to the bottom of it. Though I should warn you that if it goes corrupt due to files simply going missing there's nothing for me to look at. At the same time, and yes i know it still happens, Nomad should now never get into a situation where it's outright failed to create the file. as after the saving routine the game checks all the files exist. And after that it tries again, if the 2nd time fails it will then warn you with big red letters. So i'm not sure what else more I can do on that front. So that just leaves where the file EXISTS but is unreadable. In which case I want to know why.

No I had one repulsor band, equiped. It wouldn't "Use" but the option to split it was there. I was intrigued by that, and pressed it only to have it take about 30 minutes of my time and throw it in the trash.

Also I really don't see the Value in seduction. It doesn't work on all enemies, and it's weak as hell. I know it can broker you peace with the harpies, but I've taken every perk associated with it and Seductris 3 times, giving me a total of 9 Seduction, and it's STILL weak as hell. Despite having that and Alluring, I do at best 3 points of seduction per successfull hit, and despite having Sex Apeal, my ranged seduction still does 0 seduction over any range greater then 1 square.

And it's annoyingly in a separate menu, taking more clicks then switching between attack and Interact do.

Am I foccusing on the wrong stats for it, Is there a threshold of points in seduction before it starts doing more damage, or is this just brokenly weak right now?

Sorry for all the complaining. I complain because I care. I like this game. Sunk wayyyy too many hours into it already, but yeah, seduction is worthless right now, and I'm not taking perks that I really need because I want to see if I can't get seduction to actually work for me.

I went back to playing after writing this, and got a Point Blank, CRITICAL on a fawn using seduction and did 0 seduction.

1. sorry about the save issue meaning you lost 30 minutes. THANKYOU for specifying you had it equipped..as that probably explains it. I never checked splitting behaviour worked for items in equip slots cause when I first put in equip slots quickslot didn't exist so you couldn't put a stack of items in the equip slots.

2. seduction is possibly a matter to address in future balance issues. some players seem to get a decent amount of use out of it though so I'll let you lot hash it out amongst yourselves and bend to the consensus opinion when the dust settles.

3. You can press F1 to access the help page and press F2 to select your quick action, moving seduction or any other move, onto the main dropdown. So yes you could put the mighty boot on the top tier of the dropdown if you were that way inclined.

edit:
4. point blank seduction on fawn for 0 damage...okay. that..should not actually happen. I'm going to add that to my stack of things to test now.
fawns dont have any tease damage soak, seduction always rolls at least 1 damage, and they're point blank so there shouldn't be a decay penalty at that distance.

edit edit:
whew. okay some fixes for a few of these things. using quickslot items, description, splitting quickslot, the sex appeal perk not working due to a typo, some addressing of range decay and criticals. also i added a bit more warning to try and ring fence save issues, maybe. they probably haven't gone away though.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6aj741753df8zdb/Nomad_alpha_24K.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pikinx3xbzgoiqf/Nomad%20alpha%2024K.zip?dl=0

Hopefully sometime this endless swarm of bugs will come to an end and feedback will shift back to the game content as opposed to its at time janky engine.
darkevilme
---

Postby BellyOfTheWubblies » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:26 am

Seduction works just fine, but most equipment has a negative bonus for it. You have to have armor specific for seduction.
BellyOfTheWubblies
Somewhat familiar

Postby ThotPrime » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:00 am

So i ran into a problem that i didn't catch at first glance and may have screwed myself... after entering the elf village after a while i ran into a shop to sell items saved and saw i couldn't so i relaunched the game turns out it did save but my ship had vanished and i seem to be stranded now... any way to try and fix this or do i need to restart?
ThotPrime
New to the forum

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:33 am

BellyOfTheWubblies wrote:Seduction works just fine, but most equipment has a negative bonus for it. You have to have armor specific for seduction.

What armor is specific to seduction. I've been running around naked the whole time because everything seems to deduct from Seduction.

Also I find it odd, that the little space ship next to the sun crashes the game when I try to reach it, Buuuut the planet with the Taurs thats a million miles away in the dead of space can be landed on without consequence.

Also is there somewhere to see what changed int the update from J to K?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:45 am

JoebidenBoon wrote:So i ran into a problem that i didn't catch at first glance and may have screwed myself... after entering the elf village after a while i ran into a shop to sell items saved and saw i couldn't so i relaunched the game turns out it did save but my ship had vanished and i seem to be stranded now... any way to try and fix this or do i need to restart?

you can hex edit verse.sav and find the first number (should be 240) and replace it with another number to preserve your character but restart from the escape pod with levels intact.

but could you elaborate on
after entering the elf village after a while i ran into a shop to sell items saved and saw i couldn't so i relaunched the game
do mean it told you a save had failed? if that happens you must save your game to another slot and pray. the slot you used now contains the remains of your save operation. I could add backing up of save slots afore every save. But that'd make saving take still longer to perform. We're now in the territory where everything I do to make saving more reliable will have a performance hit due to needing file copying. It might be one we have to just swallow though.

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
BellyOfTheWubblies wrote:Seduction works just fine, but most equipment has a negative bonus for it. You have to have armor specific for seduction.

What armor is specific to seduction. I've been running around naked the whole time because everything seems to deduct from Seduction.

Also I find it odd, that the little space ship next to the sun crashes the game when I try to reach it, Buuuut the planet with the Taurs thats a million miles away in the dead of space can be landed on without consequence.

Also is there somewhere to see what changed int the update from J to K?

naked is perfectly fine. but honestly you have so much in the way of attack bonus a -2 to hit probably wouldn't matter so much. I think your issue is regarding damage output and I addressed some of it in the J to K transition. There's a revealing outfit that you can make with the crafting perk that provides a modicum of defence without sacrificing seduction.

Basically J to K was bug fixes for things you reported. So look at your own reports then assume i tried to fix each one. The only thing that wasn't a report from you was a typo in the definition of the sex appeal perk that made it not work.

to try and itemize though from memory:
I fixed blueprint description not showing up on info
I fixed not being able to use or split things in the quickslot
I fixed using stacks in the quickslot not actually reducing the stack
I adjusted criticals slightly to add +1 to damage in addition to the other effects (such as stunning for tease and shock, maxing the roll for thermal or doubling the roll for kinetic)
I counted distance for range decay abilities measured from the first adjacent tile not where the player was standing
I fixed a typo in the sex appeal perk, it now works as expected as opposed to not being functional

Currently seduction damage is affected by only three things:
your charisma score, if you take affluent childhood for the +1 to charisma that translates into a +1 to damage
Alluring perk, you can take this at level 5 onwards. adds +2 to the max damage turning seduction from 1-6 to 1-8
sex appeal, indirectly this perk affects damage as it changes seduction's range decay value from 1.0 to 0.5

I might add further levels of alluring at some point. or further levels of sex appeal that halve the value further.

and the ship over the sun is my developer shuttle that I'm oft too lazy to take out as I use it a lot in testing. Shouldn't crash when you dock with it. but you're not supposed to dock with it, it's mine, stealing it is cheating. Docking is being added as I'm doing some work on the march to lightspeed in parallel and ship to ship docking is part of the march to lightspeed. It's meant for use later though and not so you can steal my already tricked out shuttle.

The reason naturally you can land on alpha minoris III is it's a world identical to II and IIA. the shuttle is a spaceship. and before you ask the spacehulk is actually a spacestation according to the game code, not the same thing.
darkevilme
---

Postby ThotPrime » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:06 pm

but could you elaborate on
after entering the elf village after a while i ran into a shop to sell items saved and saw i couldn't so i relaunched the game
do mean it told you a save had failed? if that happens you must save your game to another slot and pray. the slot you used now contains the remains of your save operation. I could add backing up of save slots afore every save. But that'd make saving take still longer to perform. We're now in the territory where everything I do to make saving more reliable will have a performance hit due to needing file copying. It might be one we have to just swallow though.

The save claimed it failed but it didn't. it did save my location and character but the current generation of that village changes anytime i use that save or any save that i tried to make as a replacement when it failed it also claims any save inside the village fails regardless if i goto the surrounding areas minus the ruins.
ThotPrime
New to the forum

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:44 am

darkevilme wrote:naked is perfectly fine. but honestly you have so much in the way of attack bonus a -2 to hit probably wouldn't matter so much. I think your issue is regarding damage output and I addressed some of it in the J to K transition. There's a revealing outfit that you can make with the crafting perk that provides a modicum of defence without sacrificing seduction.

Basically J to K was bug fixes for things you reported. So look at your own reports then assume i tried to fix each one. The only thing that wasn't a report from you was a typo in the definition of the sex appeal perk that made it not work.

to try and itemize though from memory:
I fixed blueprint description not showing up on info
I fixed not being able to use or split things in the quickslot
I fixed using stacks in the quickslot not actually reducing the stack
I adjusted criticals slightly to add +1 to damage in addition to the other effects (such as stunning for tease and shock, maxing the roll for thermal or doubling the roll for kinetic)
I counted distance for range decay abilities measured from the first adjacent tile not where the player was standing
I fixed a typo in the sex appeal perk, it now works as expected as opposed to not being functional

Currently seduction damage is affected by only three things:
your charisma score, if you take affluent childhood for the +1 to charisma that translates into a +1 to damage
Alluring perk, you can take this at level 5 onwards. adds +2 to the max damage turning seduction from 1-6 to 1-8
sex appeal, indirectly this perk affects damage as it changes seduction's range decay value from 1.0 to 0.5

I might add further levels of alluring at some point. or further levels of sex appeal that halve the value further.

and the ship over the sun is my developer shuttle that I'm oft too lazy to take out as I use it a lot in testing. Shouldn't crash when you dock with it. but you're not supposed to dock with it, it's mine, stealing it is cheating. Docking is being added as I'm doing some work on the march to lightspeed in parallel and ship to ship docking is part of the march to lightspeed. It's meant for use later though and not so you can steal my already tricked out shuttle.

The reason naturally you can land on alpha minoris III is it's a world identical to II and IIA. the shuttle is a spaceship. and before you ask the spacehulk is actually a spacestation according to the game code, not the same thing.

... Huh... Should the K update just become known as the "Anesthetic Update" because you seem to have litterally adressed every issue I brought up, with it.

I was not expectin my comments to have that much impact on the directly following update of the game.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:27 am

JoebidenBoon wrote:The save claimed it failed but it didn't. it did save my location and character but the current generation of that village changes anytime i use that save or any save that i tried to make as a replacement when it failed it also claims any save inside the village fails regardless if i goto the surrounding areas minus the ruins.

exactly what i mean. it succeeded in saving the verse.sav and player.sav and failed to save alphaminorisII.sav hence the village changes as the entire planet is changing. I'm afraid barring a willingness to hex edit to manually force the version shift routine you're stuck. but i want to reiterate, when it says the save failed that means in the current version that that slot is effectively damaged. when that happens you MUST make a successful save either there or somewhere else and not attempt to load that slot in its current state. I know the save system isn't fully proof against file IO exceptions as it stands but the reason you have a problem is when this happened you did not do this. You're playing from an incomplete save slot that is missing information and this is the result of that.

I will attempt to re-work saving so that a failed save does not leave the slot in this 'damaged' state but I'm afraid that's a change too major for a letter release. It'll have to wait until 25. until then when it says a save failed that means it only succeeded part of the way and as such the save slot is now damaged. You must either save over the slot until you get a successful save to repair it or save to another slot immediately.

0Anesthetic4u wrote:[

... Huh... Should the K update just become known as the "Anesthetic Update" because you seem to have litterally adressed every issue I brought up, with it.

I was not expectin my comments to have that much impact on the directly following update of the game.

Shit going wrong I try to address promptly. And it's only a letter update. The only thing that might be considered not a bug fix is me changing criticals to add the +1. So really it's just that bugs were reported, bugs were addressed as promptly as possible.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:15 am

darkevilme wrote:Shit going wrong I try to address promptly. And it's only a letter update. The only thing that might be considered not a bug fix is me changing criticals to add the +1. So really it's just that bugs were reported, bugs were addressed as promptly as possible.

You act fast thats for sure. At some point you said something to getting around to check something. By that did you mean that you'd "Get around to it" in like 17 minutes. You seem to be operating in Salarian time is what I am saying.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:09 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
darkevilme wrote:Shit going wrong I try to address promptly. And it's only a letter update. The only thing that might be considered not a bug fix is me changing criticals to add the +1. So really it's just that bugs were reported, bugs were addressed as promptly as possible.

You act fast thats for sure. At some point you said something to getting around to check something. By that did you mean that you'd "Get around to it" in like 17 minutes. You seem to be operating in Salarian time is what I am saying.

If it's a bug fix, perhaps. But salarian time is only for definitions and code. My rate for content is a LOT slower than that and update 25 is still like, over a month away.
darkevilme
---

Postby TeamFortress2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:56 pm

After fixing the pump, I ask to see the shop and every time the game just shuts down
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:52 pm

TeamFortress2 wrote:After fixing the pump, I ask to see the shop and every time the game just shuts down

yeah..there's a typo in how i added some items to the list for that store. seen as you're the first person to find the mechanic though here's the fix.

place in nomad/assets/data/shops/dammathMechanic.xml to replace the contents there.
https://pastebin.com/KAf1Y39v

I'd put out a new update. But for something it's taken this long for people to find I can wait and put out a fully integrated fix later alongside other bug fixes.

and side note:

Want more content catering to your desires in nomad?
Want a specific enemy or scene added to the game?
Want more say in what roadmap features get implemented first?

Become a patreon for nomad today!

patreon
darkevilme
---

Postby DrakeX » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:38 pm

cannot open the game, i get this on cmd when i try to run it

C:\Windows\system32>java -jar nomad.jar -Dorg.lwjgl.Sys.debug=true
Error: Unable to access jarfile nomad.jar
DrakeX
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext