Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 29.2A

Postby hyokage369 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:14 am

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6d5ceaed, pid=9852, tid=0x00002fa0
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_172-b11) (build 1.8.0_172-b11)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.172-b11 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [lwjgl_opengl32.dll+0xeaed]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
hyokage369
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:35 am

hyokage369 wrote:# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6d5ceaed, pid=9852, tid=0x00002fa0
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_172-b11) (build 1.8.0_172-b11)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.172-b11 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [lwjgl_opengl32.dll+0xeaed]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
#

OpenGL has done something illegal as the report implies. This is usually cause you lack the support for the version of GLSL nomad uses (140 core) and so it failed to create the shader, then attempted to access it. Check with the opengl extension viewer which can list your openGL capabilities.
darkevilme
---

Postby RediQ » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 am

So, I used to have this running on my computer as of a few months ago, but now whenever I run the game I get this error:
Spoiler: show
C:(file path)
a -jar nomad.jar -Dorg.lwjgl.Sys.debug=true
[LWJGL] GLFW_VERSION_UNAVAILABLE error
Description : WGL: OpenGL profile requested but WGL_ARB_create_context_p
rofile is unavailable
Stacktrace :
org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1251)
org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1412)
vmo.Game.<init>(Game.java:138)
vmo.Main.main(Main.java:7)
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000007fef73cf137, pid=5188, t
id=1832
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (9.0+11) (build 9.0.1+11)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (9.0.1+11, mixed mode, tiered, comp
ressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C [lwjgl_opengl.dll+0xf137]
#
# No core dump will be written. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client v
ersions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:(file path)
#
#

C:(file path)
Press any key to continue . . .

(I removed the file paths but it's just the directory the game is in)

I guess maybe since I had to change and update my graphics drivers since the last time I played nomad, it may have altered something about my openGL? But I wouldn't think a driver update should break or downgrade the openGL version or Java's ability to access it.

I also used an OpenGL extension viewer just to be sure and it says I'm using 3.3, which would hopefully be enough...
RediQ
Participator

Postby bloodle8 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:01 am

You said before that now you should be able to transfer your character and ship from previous versions as long as you save in space, but when I tried to update from 30B to 30.1, my character transferred, but not the ship. I still woke up in the escape pod. Is there something I'm doing wrong? And, honestly, is there a way to get a warp-equipped ship quickly, even if it's by cheating? Because I really, really don't want go through the hassle of digging out the cruiser and re-stocking it for the 15th time. It takes hours just to see the new content now.
bloodle8
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:47 am

bloodle8 wrote:You said before that now you should be able to transfer your character and ship from previous versions as long as you save in space, but when I tried to update from 30B to 30.1, my character transferred, but not the ship. I still woke up in the escape pod. Is there something I'm doing wrong? And, honestly, is there a way to get a warp-equipped ship quickly, even if it's by cheating? Because I really, really don't want go through the hassle of digging out the cruiser and re-stocking it for the 15th time. It takes hours just to see the new content now.

your ship might of had damage when you transferred to 30.1. the widget damage format changed in that one. But without seeing your save from beforehand and running through the load routine locally I couldn't tell you.
and you can use manipulating the alpha minoris xml to spawn in the avenger if you really really want to.
darkevilme
---

Postby bloodle8 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:19 pm

darkevilme wrote:your ship might of had damage when you transferred to 30.1. the widget damage format changed in that one. But without seeing your save from beforehand and running through the load routine locally I couldn't tell you.
and you can use manipulating the alpha minoris xml to spawn in the avenger if you really really want to.

Ahhhh, I see, I think that's it. I don't think I patched up all the damage to the cruiser. Alright cool, thank you!
bloodle8
Participator

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 30.1

Postby googaplex » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:50 pm

How do you get to the Avior and Feromedio systems? I can use the two warps in the Alpha Minoris system to get to Forakis and Auriga and the warp circles those two systems have don't do anything.
googaplex
New to the forum

Postby mmmooo55 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:22 pm

hey, i've been playing for awhile, and don't want to look through all 61 pages; how can i get into the mountain pass to the west of harpy forest? i am currently level six. help?
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby Benevorlent » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:39 pm

mmmooo55 wrote:hey, i've been playing for awhile, and don't want to look through all 61 pages; how can i get into the mountain pass to the west of harpy forest? i am currently level six. help?

Solution is in the spoiler below.
Defeat a harpy using seduction, then lick their folds without going in. Once you've given the same harpy cunnilingus twice, defeat them a third time and now you can crawl in. They'll take you up the mountain.
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lonewolf » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Version 30.2 has a typo in the script robot_synth.lua Line 184

There is an extra "(" before the outbreak function. This bug is causing the game to crash in the robot factory
Lonewolf
Been posting for a bit

Postby MikhailOberchav » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:46 pm

having a small problem with the lizards unearthing the new ship. it says that there's still robots to fight even though when i go there they are no where to be found. I also crafted a high explosive for the controlled explosion but it just says to exit. all 4 robots are dead too, i've made 3 trips just in case they respawned and they are no where there and i have the 4k gold to pay for the service.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rhakark » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:33 am

The trigger for becoming a knight is rather broken. If you accept it and then reload a save at any point, it's as if you never accepted being a knight for the ruler, but the elves are still hostile to you, and you can no longer obtain knighthood as there's no quests to turn in to trigger it. Basically you get locked out of the faction warring because it seems to reset the alignment trigger on a save load. So if you have no saves prior to turning in the quests, you're sol.
Rhakark
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maydar2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:42 pm

So build 30.2 found and confirmed some bugs(spoiler-ed because spoilers):

- Map gen on frozen planet makes no path to ship unless there is a way to jump over abyss tiles. Not sure if I was just super unlucky. Loaded up prev build 29A and it was fine.
- Confirmed Rhakark's bug of broken knight status after loading a save.
- Not able to get the lizards to dig out the prospector even with the 4 robots dead and 4k gp. Stuck in a loop of char claiming the robots are still there. Read this one earlier in the thread.
- Encounter Suit does not apply any def bonuses powered or not.

Anyway to force re draw a one surface zone map?
Maydar2
New to the forum

Postby Maydar2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:43 pm

So I am dumb:
The fourth robot is in the ship >.>

Amazing game. The storytelling and writing is top notch. The crafting and exploration is fun and has depth.
Maydar2
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:51 pm

MikhailOberchav wrote:having a small problem with the lizards unearthing the new ship. it says that there's still robots to fight even though when i go there they are no where to be found. I also crafted a high explosive for the controlled explosion but it just says to exit. all 4 robots are dead too, i've made 3 trips just in case they respawned and they are no where there and i have the 4k gold to pay for the service.

please confirm you have killed the robosphere inside the ship as well as the 3 outside of it?

Rhakark wrote:The trigger for becoming a knight is rather broken. If you accept it and then reload a save at any point, it's as if you never accepted being a knight for the ruler, but the elves are still hostile to you, and you can no longer obtain knighthood as there's no quests to turn in to trigger it. Basically you get locked out of the faction warring because it seems to reset the alignment trigger on a save load. So if you have no saves prior to turning in the quests, you're sol.

Well shit. this one is going to be a tricky one. I'll have to do some serious digging now. The allegiance is a faction level flag. faction flags are stored in Verse.sav, and it'd be really goddamn weird if that wasn't being properly updated as it also determines what zone and entity to put you in (entities are things like planets and ships, now you know)

Maydar2 wrote:So build 30.2 found and confirmed some bugs(spoiler-ed because spoilers):

- Map gen on frozen planet makes no path to ship unless there is a way to jump over abyss tiles. Not sure if I was just super unlucky. Loaded up prev build 29A and it was fine.
- Confirmed Rhakark's bug of broken knight status after loading a save.
- Not able to get the lizards to dig out the prospector even with the 4 robots dead and 4k gp. Stuck in a loop of char claiming the robots are still there. Read this one earlier in the thread.
- Encounter Suit does not apply any def bonuses powered or not.

Anyway to force re draw a one surface zone map?

delete the appropriate save file (for the planet, not the foldeR!) to force the entire world to be generated anew, don't do this with worlds with quests and such on as it may lead to some bizarre behaviour with the flags. I will take another look at the procedural generation of the plataeu though.

Maydar2 wrote:So I am dumb:
The fourth robot is in the ship >.>

Amazing game. The storytelling and writing is top notch. The crafting and exploration is fun and has depth.

Thankyou for your praise. I hope you continue to enjoy. especially in future versions where I fix all the bugs you mentioned. Though I find it almost odd that nomad is being praised for storytelling.
darkevilme
---

Postby poprock3189 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:38 pm

I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but, I just got the fatalist perk and am curious as to how to use fantasize, as I only see surrender.
poprock3189
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:46 am

poprock3189 wrote:I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but, I just got the fatalist perk and am curious as to how to use fantasize, as I only see surrender.

It's a bug, good catch, fix next version.
darkevilme
---

Postby TheOutsiderCaracal » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Hello again, ^^

I have a little question about when you download a newer version and the save tranfer (once again :P).
I came from the 272 version (I still have it though) to the latest one (302B) so I know that I will loose some features.
However, if I wanna get my inventory and latest location back, do I need to manually put the content of the save folder of the oldest version into the newer one (or do anything else?) or does the game do the work it by itself somehow ?

Thank you in advance :).
TheOutsiderCaracal
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:20 pm

TheOutsiderCaracal wrote:Hello again, ^^

I have a little question about when you download a newer version and the save tranfer (once again :P).
I came from the 272 version (I still have it though) to the latest one (302B) so I know that I will loose some features.
However, if I wanna get my inventory and latest location back, do I need to manually put the content of the save folder of the oldest version into the newer one (or do anything else?) or does the game do the work it by itself somehow ?

Your inventory will be retained. Your location cannot be due to the way the game works (I'd have to either rework massive amounts or make it so save transfers did not necessarily come with the new content in each new version, and people complaining about missing content due to the way the world gen, saving and new versions work is a hell i do not need). You will either be returned to the escape pod inventory and perks intact or, if you saved on your ship+ the ship is in space +the ship transfer system is working between the versions in question, you might end up spawning on the ship with the ship transfered to the edge of the first starsystem (the edge is a bit far out, top up the tanks before doing this).

To save transfer simply copy the relevant save folder (its name is the same name as appears in the save menu) into the saves folder of the new version of the game. the system will automatically detect saves from prior versions and attempt to transfer to the current version using the mechanisms explained above.
darkevilme
---

Postby TheOutsiderCaracal » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:01 am

darkevilme wrote:
TheOutsiderCaracal wrote:Hello again, ^^

Your inventory will be retained. Your location cannot be due to the way the game works (I'd have to either rework massive amounts or make it so save transfers did not necessarily come with the new content in each new version, and people complaining about missing content due to the way the world gen, saving and new versions work is a hell i do not need). You will either be returned to the escape pod inventory and perks intact or, if you saved on your ship+ the ship is in space +the ship transfer system is working between the versions in question, you might end up spawning on the ship with the ship transfered to the edge of the first starsystem (the edge is a bit far out, top up the tanks before doing this).

To save transfer simply copy the relevant save folder (its name is the same name as appears in the save menu) into the saves folder of the new version of the game. the system will automatically detect saves from prior versions and attempt to transfer to the current version using the mechanisms explained above.
Ok, thank you very much !

Have a good day ^^ .

Edit: I have done as you said and I indeed got all my stuff back and got back to the pod with all my perks, awesome ! (I was on the first planet so it''s even better )
TheOutsiderCaracal
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game