Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25D

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:09 am

darkevilme wrote:1. you're probably on the upper right of the star, i mean the middle right, or lower right...or down. basically which side of the star you're on chooses your direction.

Spoiler: show
try asking queen laurisse or the high priestess of the quendi about this. you should get a dialogue option to commission them to have their village dig the ship out for you.

3. still there, it just looks a bit similar to a large star on the view unless you move. the view and see it's on the same parallax plane as the other stars.

4. AH...Nissa sometimes stocks spacebars, and i'm going to add an option to build them for high TECH players soon...though this raises an odd question.

How do have room for that much of an energy reserve in the shuttle? it's the equivalent of a space minivan. You said yourself you haven't been to III

to try and acquire the prospector
so I'm almost impressed though not sold on the practicality of it.

I'll admit i genuinely never expected a player to try making a warp-bug out of the shuttle. Though I suppose the fact you've clearly done so is proof that one can be quit of alpha minoris very quickly if they're motivated.

enemies should vanish given enough time. >.> give them 100 ticks and they vanish without being interacted with, unless that stopped happening in which case do alert me to this.
the bounce mutator is a rare item drop, you've just been unlucky.

in other news. I'm currently working on a refactoring of the experience curves and adding attack of opportunity support for melee enemies in nomad.

What do you mean? The basic fuel tank can hold up to 50 power. And I did eventually find the area I can warp from, but it still doesn't work. It finds the star to warp to, but when I hit Warp, nothing happens.

EDIT Now its telling me it's charging the warp at 0% EDIT

Well the whole labrinth is full of enemie corpses that havent gone away and I've been up and down it in an out without an apparant reduction in the size of the pile of bodies. Robots for sure dissapear given time, which is honestly frustraiting, but I don't think Organic enemies do. Some times I will take a beating and Hide around a corner then wait in place to heal for a LONG while, and the bodies don't dissapear like they do with robots.

Man I want synths to be able to absorb each other for a power boost. I'm just thinking about all the times Im waiting around the corner from a synth with a dead robot or synth between us... It happens more often then you'd think. Maybe those synths would be able to violate their safety protocols, develope more of a personality...
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:24 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:What do you mean? The basic fuel tank can hold up to 50 power. And I did eventually find the area I can warp from, but it still doesn't work. It finds the star to warp to, but when I hit Warp, nothing happens.

Well the whole labrinth is full of enemie corpses that havent gone away and I've been up and down it in an out without an apparant reduction in the size of the pile of bodies. Robots for sure dissapear given time, which is honestly frustraiting, but I don't think Organic enemies do. Some times I will take a beating and Hide around a corner then wait in place to heal for a LONG while, and the bodies don't dissapear like they do with robots.

Man I want synths to be able to absorb each other for a power boost. I'm just thinking about all the times Im waiting around the corner from a synth with a dead robot or synth between us... It happens more often then you'd think. Maybe those synths would be able to violate their safety protocols, develope more of a personality...

1. energy, not fuel. energy. but once you're charging you just press space or numpad 5 to 'wait' in space. (i should update the help page to mention this control)

2. right...make sure defeated enemies vanish again, it's on the bug hunting list

3. develop more personality? methinks someone wants a synth companion.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:32 am

darkevilme wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:What do you mean? The basic fuel tank can hold up to 50 power. And I did eventually find the area I can warp from, but it still doesn't work. It finds the star to warp to, but when I hit Warp, nothing happens.

1. energy, not fuel. energy. but once you're charging you just press space or numpad 5 to 'wait' in space. (i should update the help page to mention this control)

2. right...make sure defeated enemies vanish again, it's on the bug hunting list

No. Me wants a dangerous Synth Nemisis, who will probably kick my ass. Probably with lazers.

I tried waiting in place. Nothing seemed to happen for a long while, so I though maybe the menu was stoping me from trying to move, so I closed it and waited, only to find it need to calculate the jump again, and I was still at Zero energy.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:35 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:1. energy, not fuel. energy. but once you're charging you just press space or numpad 5 to 'wait' in space. (i should update the help page to mention this control)

No. Me wants a dangerous Synth Nemisis, who will probably kick my ass. Probably with lazers.

I tried waiting in place. Nothing seemed to happen for a long while, so I though maybe the menu was stoping me from trying to move, so I closed it and waited, only to find it need to calculate the jump again, and I was still at Zero energy.

does your ship have a generator? simple reactor? solar collector? battery bank? does your ship have any ENERGY aboard to power the space warper?
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:57 am

darkevilme wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:1. energy, not fuel. energy. but once you're charging you just press space or numpad 5 to 'wait' in space. (i should update the help page to mention this control)

does your ship have a generator? simple reactor? solar collector? battery bank? does your ship have any ENERGY aboard to power the space warper?

AHHH! Thats what thats for. I made one but never found a use for it so I just threw it in a storage pod.

As an aside.

DAMN finding the Space Low Rider is an expedition!

I spent like 30 minutes ploding through those caves to find it. Thank God I can eat the Lixis now to keep my strenght up.

... Of course it doesn't have a work bench in it so I cant craft a fuel tanke to put the blue crystals in I found along the way.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:02 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:AHHH! Thats what thats for. I made one but never found a use for it so I just threw it in a storage pod.

As an aside.

I spent like 30 minutes ploding through those caves to find it. Thank God I can eat the Lixis now to keep my strenght up.

... Of course it doesn't have a work bench in it so I cant craft a fuel tanke to put the blue crystals in I found along the way.

'space low rider' ?

you're calling it the space low rider? I dread to think what you'd call the buried ship now.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:09 am

darkevilme wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:AHHH! Thats what thats for. I made one but never found a use for it so I just threw it in a storage pod.

As an aside.

'space low rider' ?

you're calling it the space low rider? I dread to think what you'd call the buried ship now.

Its funny you mention that...

I was just popping in to Edit my previous comment to suggest that perhaps it would be enjoyable to start using Spaceball terminology to discuss the game...

So I do believe it would be a Winnebago.

Quick Question. What happens to my other ships if I get a new one and use it. I don't want my chests with all my gear to dissapear.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:13 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
darkevilme wrote:

As an aside.

'space low rider' ?

Its funny you mention that...

I was just popping in to Edit my previous comment to suggest that perhaps it would be enjoyable to start using Spaceball terminology to discuss the game...

So I do believe it would be a Winnebago.

Quick Question. What happens to my other ships if I get a new one and use it. I don't want my chests with all my gear to dissapear.

nothing...nothing should happen. you'll have to haul your stuff from one ship to another. but the ship shouldn't go anywhere when you start using another one.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 am

darkevilme wrote:nothing...nothing should happen. you'll have to haul your stuff from one ship to another. but the ship shouldn't go anywhere when you start using another one.

Speaking of the Space Winnebago, it crashes the game alot. It apparantly cant land alot of places, because when I try to select places to land it gives me a red X when I pick them, they when I try to pick a new location, the game crashes.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:45 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
darkevilme wrote:nothing...nothing should happen. you'll have to haul your stuff from one ship to another. but the ship shouldn't go anywhere when you start using another one.

Speaking of the Space Winnebago, it crashes the game alot. It apparantly cant land alot of places, because when I try to select places to land it gives me a red X when I pick them, they when I try to pick a new location, the game crashes.

PM me the error log messages? i'll investigate the crashes. and the reason it can't land in some places is cause it's bigger than those spaces have room for. there isn't room for it to come down in the jungle without getting a tree jabbed into its underside, performing an aerial wheely and going spinning off into the hills to explode in a fiery blast of destruction...seen as said tree jabbing flat spinning death would of been a bitch to code i just made it so it doesn't let you land anywhere that lacks a gap big enough to accomodate the ship.
you should be able to land on open zones most of the time though, or on dedicated landing areas like the pads in the villages.

edit:
just as a note, both the general player preference poll and the voting poll for patreons only will close on wednesday exactly one week after they went up. at which point i start work on update 26.
darkevilme
---

Postby SegaCD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:48 am

This happens whenever I try to load a save file.
system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant spaceship.Spaceship.ShipState. 
at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Unknown Source)
at spaceship.Spaceship$ShipState.valueOf(Spaceship.java:1)
at spaceship.Spaceship.load(Spaceship.java:279)
at spaceship.Spaceship.load(Spaceship.java:297)
at nomad.StarSystem.load(StarSystem.java:183)
at nomad.Universe.Load(Universe.java:589)
at menu.SaveLoad.Load(SaveLoad.java:254)
at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:197)
at gui.Button.ClickEvent(Button.java:98)
at gui.Window.ClickEvent(Window.java:62)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:86)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:348)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:326)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
SegaCD
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:51 am

SegaCD wrote:This happens whenever I try to load a save file.
system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant spaceship.Spaceship.ShipState. 
at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Unknown Source)
at spaceship.Spaceship$ShipState.valueOf(Spaceship.java:1)
at spaceship.Spaceship.load(Spaceship.java:279)
at spaceship.Spaceship.load(Spaceship.java:297)
at nomad.StarSystem.load(StarSystem.java:183)
at nomad.Universe.Load(Universe.java:589)
at menu.SaveLoad.Load(SaveLoad.java:254)
at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:197)
at gui.Button.ClickEvent(Button.java:98)
at gui.Window.ClickEvent(Window.java:62)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:86)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:348)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:326)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)

send me the save file? or at least tell me what you did to the spaceship to have this happen.
darkevilme
---

Postby SegaCD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:40 am

all I did was land the ship at the elf village, then I got out and realize that you can't get your items back after the group scene with the greeter.
Last edited by SegaCD on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SegaCD
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:43 am

SegaCD wrote:all I did was land it

somehow your ship has lost track of its state..it doesn't have a valid state like landed, docked, space, etc...

I have no earthly idea how you managed this.
darkevilme
---

Postby SegaCD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:47 am

I don't know either. it also won't let me attach my save folder.
SegaCD
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 am

SegaCD wrote:I don't know either. it also won't let me attach my save folder.

drop box it then send me a link
darkevilme
---

Postby SegaCD » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:25 am

SegaCD
Been posting for a bit

Postby Winny » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:38 pm

I noticed but your stats don't increase when you level you just get more perks is that how its suppose to be?
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Winny wrote:I noticed but your stats don't increase when you level you just get more perks is that how its suppose to be?

stats should increase. if they don't for you then I'm not sure why they don't. but they do increase, just not by a mad amount. like, 1-3 per level depending on your ability scores.
darkevilme
---

Postby Sinistral » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Doesn't look like the carnicola is giving its exp bonus anymore. It gives you the perk but not the 100 XP.
Sinistral
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game