Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 19I

Postby darkevilme » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19 am

brandonflare wrote:Error log of
Spoiler: show
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at perks.PerkProcessor.processModifier(PerkProcessor.java:57)
at perks.PerkProcessor.processPerk(PerkProcessor.java:25)
at actorRPG.Player_RPG.Calcstats(Player_RPG.java:381)
at actorRPG.Player_RPG.addPerk(Player_RPG.java:679)
at chargen.Phase_Perk.performChoice(Phase_Perk.java:67)
at chargen.PlayerStartScene.select(PlayerStartScene.java:232)
at chargen.PlayerStartScene.ButtonCallback(PlayerStartScene.java:218)
at gui.Button.ClickEvent(Button.java:113)
at gui.Window.ClickEvent(Window.java:72)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:100)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:344)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:319)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:11)

occured when I chose the fast background from the beginning of the game.

new update http://www.mediafire.com/file/qfb3clrewhd3acy/Nomad_alpha_19I.zip
fixes the fast backstory..though as the security skill might be reworked (See my community contribution thread where i tried to start it as a topic of discussion here https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=47654&start=20#p2566402 ) it might be this backstory ends up itself reworked.

also this update includes the additional combat moves part of update 20...at this point we're in a weird state where stuff from update 20 is leaking as part of the fixes for update 19. I'll probably declare update 20 arbitrarily when more content is done.
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:03 pm

It's probably time with update 20 not too far away to start planning a rough roadmap of what should be in update 21. below is a poll with a grab bag of ideas, and the winning 1-3 will probably end up part of update 21. but if your idea is not mentioned down there or the mentions are insufficiently vague by all means just post your suggestion in the thread.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12376394
darkevilme
---

Postby Benevorlent » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:55 am

No "Player as CV Pred" option, was that added in one of the updates and I missed it? It doesn't seem to be in the changelog.
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Benevorlent wrote:No "Player as CV Pred" option, was that added in one of the updates and I missed it? It doesn't seem to be in the changelog.

such is coming in update 20. the poll is for update 21.
darkevilme
---

Postby Qwaar37 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:40 pm

So, if I want to write up a creature to then send to you, but dont quite understand all of the code, should I just try an write up all the text sections with little commented bits saying where they go in relation to eachther? Or should I try to copy and cannibalize existing monsters?

Relevant because making 'sorbing snow harpy.
Qwaar37
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Qwaar37 wrote:So, if I want to write up a creature to then send to you, but dont quite understand all of the code, should I just try an write up all the text sections with little commented bits saying where they go in relation to eachther? Or should I try to copy and cannibalize existing monsters?

Relevant because making 'sorbing snow harpy.

I've put dialogue together from that sort of thing before. Basically I just need a desc and

start
text
-choice "choice text" goes to X

X
text
-choice... etc

I don't need people to write xml, they can if they like though and want to have macros descs and such. but I've had one guest writer so far who has actually done it in xml, the rest just toss me a bunch of labell'd text blocks with the pathing details as to how to fit them together.

and I can do the rest.
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:35 pm

I have a few suggestions I didn't see on the strawpoll.
More normal creatures/robots.

Flesh out a better lore reason why the player gains the ability to vore and or unbirth.
-One could gain the abilities from consuming specific items (could be an item at the end of a dungeon, like the underground synth bunker).
-Or it could occur because of certain interactions with certain NPCs (Like the Mushroom Mother).
-Or (if you wanted to keep it an ability that you choose when one levels up) one could provide a technobabble explanation like, "excessive exposure to mutagenic compounds found on these alien worlds, etc.".
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 20

Postby darkevilme » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:50 pm

so update 20 out so I can work on update 21:
contains dialogue ui rework, seduction rework, perk combat move addition, player as pred cockvore, 4 cockvore scenes of player as predator
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b7bcxh699ta5veq/Nomad_alpha_20.zip

SmokeStriker125 wrote:I have a few suggestions I didn't see on the strawpoll.
More normal creatures/robots.

Flesh out a better lore reason why the player gains the ability to vore and or unbirth.
-One could gain the abilities from consuming specific items (could be an item at the end of a dungeon, like the underground synth bunker).
-Or it could occur because of certain interactions with certain NPCs (Like the Mushroom Mother).
-Or (if you wanted to keep it an ability that you choose when one levels up) one could provide a technobabble explanation like, "excessive exposure to mutagenic compounds found on these alien worlds, etc.".

define 'normal creatures', though if i find reasons to put in more high tech stuff i can always re-use robots, they're cheap. they have no vore scenes to write.

as for the lore...what we need a reason? this is a smut game ^_^ though you can get oralvore from a tailored mutagen and unbirth from brightfeather. i always figured it was something in the air but didn't think i needed to spell it out.

as for what's coming in update 21:
more player as pred vore, new npc enemy for alpha minoris II, another village smut scenario, cone AOE attacks, exploration reward for alpha minoris II, more equipment.
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:17 pm

darkevilme wrote:define 'normal creatures', though if i find reasons to put in more high tech stuff i can always re-use robots, they're cheap. they have no vore scenes to write.

as for the lore...what we need a reason? this is a smut game ^_^ though you can get oralvore from a tailored mutagen and unbirth from brightfeather. i always figured it was something in the air but didn't think i needed to spell it out.

You know,ferocious alien beasts. Nothing fetish related, just weird alien creatures that may or may not be hostile.

Regarding lore, I suppose all I was really suggesting was fleshing things out a little. Giving things more flavor.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:32 am

SmokeStriker125 wrote:
darkevilme wrote:define 'normal creatures', though if i find reasons to put in more high tech stuff i can always re-use robots, they're cheap. they have no vore scenes to write.

You know,ferocious alien beasts. Nothing fetish related, just weird alien creatures that may or may not be hostile.

Regarding lore, I suppose all I was really suggesting was fleshing things out a little. Giving things more flavor.

I might toss in some optional stuff lore wise. If I can tag a trigger to give you a research data entry when you get one of the vore perks. Currently admittedly its not fully explained, but throwing in explainations depending on implementation might rub pred players the wrong way as they'd have to engage in some sorta lengthy side quest before unlocking a vore type or something. I could just add a time based event that unlocks the vore types exactly 1000 ticks after you first land and says something about 'you can feel yourself changing', but that's so lazy i have to wonder whether it's worth doing at all.

as for the alien beasts. I am unsure how well that would go down. Don't get me wrong I'd love it if I could just populate alpha minoris II with all manner of critters that don't have long and time consuming to write smut scenes and just triggered the 'you've met a terrible fate' gameover. But I'm not entirely sure that would go down well with the target audience, people aren't exactly playing nomad for the riveting story or highly polished gameplay >.>

...existential crisis aside this does raise an interesting question I've asked a few friends and I'm always interested in the answer. So I'll put it out for general responses:

"If you could have one thing added to nomad, what would it be?"
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:00 pm

darkevilme wrote: I might toss in some optional stuff lore wise. If I can tag a trigger to give you a research data entry when you get one of the vore perks. Currently admittedly its not fully explained, but throwing in explainations depending on implementation might rub pred players the wrong way as they'd have to engage in some sorta lengthy side quest before unlocking a vore type or something. I could just add a time based event that unlocks the vore types exactly 1000 ticks after you first land and says something about 'you can feel yourself changing', but that's so lazy i have to wonder whether it's worth doing at all.

as for the alien beasts. I am unsure how well that would go down. Don't get me wrong I'd love it if I could just populate alpha minoris II with all manner of critters that don't have long and time consuming to write smut scenes and just triggered the 'you've met a terrible fate' gameover. But I'm not entirely sure that would go down well with the target audience, people aren't exactly playing nomad for the riveting story or highly polished gameplay >.>

Don't sell yourself short, your game has a lot of potential to be pretty fun gameplay wise; it's already my favorite creation on this board by far. I especially appreciate how easy it is to mod Image (I'm working on a retexturing of the game, hope you don't mind).

Regarding populating the worlds with non-fetish related enemies and having vore/unbirth/whatever be a little harder to acquire, there's something good to be said about having to work at achieving something. You don't have to go overboard, I'd simply recommend making the occurrence of smut interactions and their corresponding NPCs a little less common (as it stands now it's pretty easy to get them).
To give context to my opinion, I myself like predatory-player interactions. Image

darkevilme wrote:"If you could have one thing added to nomad, what would it be?"

Well since your asking for more ideas :D , how about giving the combat more depth.

Example: introduce new a stat and a toggle ability, fatigue(the stat) and running (the toggle ability). Combat actions and running drain fatigue (standing still restores fatigue, walking restores fatigue slowly, and maybe a few items can refill fatigue artificially ), if fatigue is drained too much you'll move slower and become unable to fight effectively (which I suppose could have smut consequences). Enemies also have fatigue (but for the sake of programming simplicity can't run, although you could give certain enemies a short sprint ability)This could give ranged combat and melee combat a little more depth, where people can build characters that are more endurance orientated with low damage output high health and fatigue or focus on higher damage output over a shorter amount of time (thus relying on items that refill fatigue if they get into a protracted fight).

Or in the case of giving seduction more depth, you could have different types of seduction be more effective versus certain NPCs/creatures. Submissive vs. Dominant (Yin/Yang) might be the right way to go way to go.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zygrograxgra » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:38 pm

"If you could have one thing added to nomad, what would it be?"

Not losing the ability to unbirth when I use the Phalifungi would be nice.
Maybe the ability to 'capture' enemies with vore? Like, eventually perhaps, have an area the player can claim their own, and then take defeated enemies there. That's an awful lot of work though.
Zygrograxgra
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:59 pm

SmokeStriker125 wrote:Don't sell yourself short, your game has a lot of potential to be pretty fun gameplay wise; it's already my favorite creation on this board by far. I especially appreciate how easy it is to mod [ http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/a/animesweat.gif ] (I'm working on a retexturing of the game, hope you don't mind).

Just so long as you don't mind me stealing the retexturing mod should it turn out to be better than the 10-15minutes of effort programmer art that comprises most of the stuff in the game.

SmokeStriker125 wrote:Well since your asking for more ideas :D , how about giving the combat more depth.

Example: introduce new a stat and a toggle ability, fatigue(the stat) and running (the toggle ability). Combat actions and running drain fatigue (standing still restores fatigue, walking restores fatigue slowly, and maybe a few items can refill fatigue artificially ), if fatigue is drained too much you'll move slower and become unable to fight effectively (which I suppose could have smut consequences). Enemies also have fatigue (but for the sake of programming simplicity can't run, although you could give certain enemies a short sprint ability)This could give ranged combat and melee combat a little more depth, where people can build characters that are more endurance orientated with low damage output high health and fatigue or focus on higher damage output over a shorter amount of time (thus relying on items that refill fatigue if they get into a protracted fight).

Or in the case of giving seduction more depth, you could have different types of seduction be more effective versus certain NPCs/creatures. Submissive vs. Dominant (Yin/Yang) might be the right way to go way to go.

It might be better to move an indepth discussion of combat improvement to the collaboration thread. But yeah, Nomad does hurt somewhat for a lack of an MP/AP/TP/Stamina bar as a short term resource to spend on combat abilities. The only costs I can tag on to abilities at the moment are costs to satiation, or the price of having to find ammo or recharge the device.

as for seduction, i already gave a seduction perk tree..and i'm reluctant to move away from the 6 damage types model i have now (kinetic, thermal, shock, tease, pheremone, psionic)

Zygrograxgra wrote:"If you could have one thing added to nomad, what would it be?"

Not losing the ability to unbirth when I use the Phalifungi would be nice.
Maybe the ability to 'capture' enemies with vore? Like, eventually perhaps, have an area the player can claim their own, and then take defeated enemies there. That's an awful lot of work though.

phalifungi turns you into a dickgirl not a herm, so being able to still unbirth after losing your vagina would probably qualify as a hell of a trick. If you want to reverse that pussy fruit should be in the world somewhere, possibly in store. If you want to not have it happen in the first place use hermilixir instead.

As for capturing enemies. It's one of those longterm goals, mainly as predatory players can't stock up on 'rations' for long space voyages as it is..which kinda sucks for them. But I baulk at it for a variety of reasons, the main one being that I might need to write a whole nother context of vore scenarios for captured prey...which...my plate is already so full it could kill me by toppling over.

Though the area the player owns is their ship, there's a silly idea of adding bases but for now, the player owns whatever ship they're currently using...and there will be other ships.
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:28 pm

darkevilme wrote:Just so long as you don't mind me stealing the retexturing mod should it turn out to be better than the 10-15minutes of effort programmer art that comprises most of the stuff in the game.

Well as a frankenstein Photoshop artist that wouldn't bother me at all, I'd be happy if you adopted the art into the game when the time comes. Although, if it were to be adopted you might want to think about changing the resolution of the game window, as it stands now I think the game displays the art below 100% of the art's original resolution. Here's a scaled up preview (https://i.imgur.com/E3UeavH.jpg), about half are still a work in progress.

darkevilme wrote:It might be better to move an indepth discussion of combat improvement to the collaboration thread. But yeah, Nomad does hurt somewhat for a lack of an MP/AP/TP/Stamina bar as a short term resource to spend on combat abilities. The only costs I can tag on to abilities at the moment are costs to satiation, or the price of having to find ammo or recharge the device.

as for seduction, i already gave a seduction perk tree..and i'm reluctant to move away from the 6 damage types model i have now (kinetic, thermal, shock, tease, pheremone, psionic)

Understood, you know the programming of your game better than most (and the time and effort involved with making changes to it), so I'd defer to your judgement on that.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:05 pm

SmokeStriker125 wrote:
darkevilme wrote:Just so long as you don't mind me stealing the retexturing mod should it turn out to be better than the 10-15minutes of effort programmer art that comprises most of the stuff in the game.

Well as a frankenstein Photoshop artist that wouldn't bother me at all, I'd be happy if you adopted the art into the game when the time comes. Although, if it were to be adopted you might want to think about changing the resolution of the game window, as it stands now I think the game displays the art below 100% of the art's original resolution. Here's a scaled up preview (https://i.imgur.com/E3UeavH.jpg), about half are still a work in progress.

darkevilme wrote:It might be better to move an indepth discussion of combat improvement to the collaboration thread. But yeah, Nomad does hurt somewhat for a lack of an MP/AP/TP/Stamina bar as a short term resource to spend on combat abilities. The only costs I can tag on to abilities at the moment are costs to satiation, or the price of having to find ammo or recharge the device.

Understood, you know the programming of your game better than most (and the time and effort involved with making changes to it), so I'd defer to your judgement on that.

i cannot help but laugh a bit at the re-texture images..especially as the fawns are in game demis like many many species in nomad so the picture of the deer threw me for a bit as i wasnt sure why it was there.

and as for the combat system. I'm not saying I'm not gonna do it, I am gonna say it's enough work that I'd want to carefully consider how to implement a change like having a stamina meter and all things feeding into it hence why i think it (like any proposal for making tech orientated characters more viable) should be a topic for the community collaboration thread perhaps...also I'm so not taking on such a thing till after update 21, the amount of content on the todolist for 21 is such it'd be silly to try and do anything else ontop of that.

but yeah changes like moving from the six damage type model or adding a stamina bar are changes that take enough work I generally need to be sure it's the right decision before commencing. Can't do it on a whim...though yeah, combat in nomad does need to be in general somewhat deeper than it is now.
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:35 pm

darkevilme wrote:i cannot help but laugh a bit at the re-texture images..especially as the fawns are in game demis like many many species in nomad so the picture of the deer threw me for a bit as i wasnt sure why it was there.

Hmmm... I didn't get that impression from the fawn's description, oh well. I do intend to include the Photoshop files I used to cobble the sprites together with, so if people want to make changes they should be able.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby zenox81 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:26 am

um so for some reason I get an error message whenever I attempt to save
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'saves\autosave' does not exist
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:1368)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:1261)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:1230)
at nomad.Universe.saveCopy(Universe.java:319)
at nomad.Universe.save(Universe.java:349)
at menu.SaveLoad.Save(SaveLoad.java:255)
at menu.SaveLoad.buildDirectory(SaveLoad.java:242)
at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:211)
what do I need to do?
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:02 pm

zenox81 wrote:um so for some reason I get an error message whenever I attempt to save
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source 'saves\autosave' does not exist
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:1368)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:1261)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileUtils.java:1230)
at nomad.Universe.saveCopy(Universe.java:319)
at nomad.Universe.save(Universe.java:349)
at menu.SaveLoad.Save(SaveLoad.java:255)
at menu.SaveLoad.buildDirectory(SaveLoad.java:242)
at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:211)
what do I need to do?

...why doesn't your saves/autosave folder exist? it's part of the game when it's distributed.
please create saves/autosave folder.
darkevilme
---

Postby Hongry01 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:12 am

Just played this game for the first time tonight and man is it good! I thought I would share the issues I ran into while playing though;

1. Some of the vore dialogue was failing to display within the scenes, roughly half a sentence per paragraph would be invisible leaving a blank hole in the text. I noticed this with the Fawn Girl and Mushroom Girl, but NOT the Harpy or Ratgirl oddly enough. The scenes in question were the Oral Vore NPC seduced ones for those two characters.
2. After seducing the shop-owner in Minyos and leaving the screen to go South, when I returned the shop-owner had vanished seemingly forever on that save-file. Had to reload an earlier save
3. On a similar note after accidently selling my "Rusted generator key" to the same shop-owner I tried to buy it back, at which point the game crashed.

Pretty impressed with it so far however, and there's plenty of potential for the future. My only suggestion would be to add a chest/storage space for the shuttle as carrying around a bunch of scrap and computer parts isn't ideal, but then neither is dropping them on a random planet. I wound up with 30 scrap so dropping them 1 at a time and then picking them back up 1 at a time in the shuttle was getting a tad tedious.

PS: Out of curiosity, are there any plans for (optional) disposal scenes? Didn't see it on either of the google docs
Attachments
error logs.zip
My 3 error logs
(14.92 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Hongry01
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:34 am

yyywww111 wrote:Just played this game for the first time tonight and man is it good! I thought I would share the issues I ran into while playing though;

1. Some of the vore dialogue was failing to display within the scenes, roughly half a sentence per paragraph would be invisible leaving a blank hole in the text. I noticed this with the Fawn Girl and Mushroom Girl, but NOT the Harpy or Ratgirl oddly enough. The scenes in question were the Oral Vore NPC seduced ones for those two characters.
2. After seducing the shop-owner in Minyos and leaving the screen to go South, when I returned the shop-owner had vanished seemingly forever on that save-file. Had to reload an earlier save
3. On a similar note after accidently selling my "Rusted generator key" to the same shop-owner I tried to buy it back, at which point the game crashed.

Pretty impressed with it so far however, and there's plenty of potential for the future. My only suggestion would be to add a chest/storage space for the shuttle as carrying around a bunch of scrap and computer parts isn't ideal, but then neither is dropping them on a random planet. I wound up with 30 scrap so dropping them 1 at a time and then picking them back up 1 at a time in the shuttle was getting a tad tedious.

PS: Out of curiosity, are there any plans for (optional) disposal scenes? Didn't see it on either of the google docs

glad you enjoyed. always good to have a fan and know my work hasn't been wasted.

1. dangit, i will look into this.. the way the text window splits things to put them on lines sometimes mucks up.
2. back in the day two things were true, npcs who were seduced disappeared after a 100 ticks and any npc who had 0 health or 0 resolve (ie was ticking that 100) was removed when the player left a zone. now only one of those things is true. as npcs who are seduced recover after 100 ticks instead of vanishing (you can assume what you will about HOW they recover). but as a result the village shopkeep vanished cause these rules were being applied inconsistently.
3. ....can you sell or buy keys? they're not normal objects...I never checked whether you could sell or buy keys! note to self, check whether the player can buy and sell keys and exposition items!
4. why don't YOU add a storage space to the shuttle? it's on the list of craftable ship components. build a cargo container and stuff your stuff in it.
5. nope, well...there aren't any plans from me. but seen as nomad accepts content contributions much like with the storage space THE POWER IS YOURS!
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game