Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0L

Postby darkevilme » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:05 pm

It lives.

Currently I'm still on what I'm terming the march to space. Which admittedly as it doesn't directly facilitate smut probably ranks somewhat lower on the priorities of others, but dangit it's my project i can fritter away my far more limited time on features I want to have in it.

The march to space:
containers and container handling (loot chests for treasure, the precious computation valves!)
crafting and crafting recipes (build fuel tanks from scrap metal, build control console from computation valves..how? with SCIENCE!)
lots of ship system integration
interplanetary space travel

things I could work on alongside it as a diversion from it that are not dependent on the march to space being complete:
support more things with the dialogue engine to ease modding
the player character sheet, player perks and eventually player as pred gameplay
the appearance system. As I'm taking inspiration from trials in tainted space this needs to be a bit more indepth than usual..anyone who wants to help design it that'd be appreciated.

things that I won't work on until the march to space is complete:
towns and faction support
shops
npc, global and faction specific flag pools for tracking quests and ongoing relationships.

what happens after all above is complete?
I don't know. No really, I never planned much beyond completing the march to space. We'll have to see when we get there.

edit:
New update out. Now possible to eat harpies alive.
next update.
march to space crafting
content multiprey support
darkevilme
---

Postby DarkTau » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:28 am

Running Windows 10, and every time I double-click run I get a command prompt that has the following error - http://i.imgur.com/bDdEEkj.png
DarkTau
Participator

Postby tgcidolfus » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:16 am

Does the save/load mechanic work, as I can make a save file, but when trying to load it, the window just closes?
tgcidolfus
Participator

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0M

Postby darkevilme » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:04 pm

darktau: I'm afraid I don't know what the problem is, sorry.

Tgcidolfus: It does work for me. It might not for you. in which case send me the save folder and I'll try to load it over here and fix any bugs that arise.

update:
expanded item list. tweaked satiation decay rate. fixed a bug. probably more bugs out there.
darkevilme
---

Postby Salanth » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Hey! I got around to playing the 0L version; definitely looks ambitious. I like the look of it thus far.

I encountered a few things in there, some of which might be fixed by now, but hopefully you should know what issues are fixed just by seeing what I wrote? Anyway, here they are.

Bugs:

You exit the mines northwest to the crash pod top of the entrance square, in the rock wall.

It seems that clicking on the save text box sometimes inputs the movement inputs you have made up to that point in that session (e.g. 33221322147).

If you select empty, then the text box, write a save file name, then click on the text box to deselect, then click on the save button at the bottom of the screen, your game will not be saved when you click on OK like in usual cases.

Crashes:

Crash when unequipping jumpsuit.

Crash after walking around. Not sure what it could be, but it happened when I was walking up towards the end of the screen in the harpy forest (back towards the area you start in).

Also, I remember there being crash logs in vorewar, but I haven't found any in Nomad. Are there any in Nomad?
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:19 pm

argh. holdoff testing, nomad is seriously broken right now wait for version N. and i sometimes forget to turn logging back on when i release a version. this is built on a modified vore war engine so it does have the logger. IT's just I comment it out when I'm debugging it on my computer. Anyway, wait for version N. fixes are coming I swear. Until then feel free to provide suggestions or whatever, nice to see ya again that1guy.
darkevilme
---

Postby Salanth » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:01 pm

I see, just going to wait for version N then. As far as suggestions goes, I'm not really sure if I have any. I'm guessing you have the foundations for an item crafting system of some sort (judging from the crystals and whatnot), there are enemies you can interact with, and the skills and abilities are going to get more use as you go along. So in a way all the foundations are there, at least all that I can think of. Maybe the possibility of having less hostile npc's?

The only thing I have really been bugged by is the fact that combat is a slapping fight, and that health regenerates so slowly. On the other hand health needs to regenerate a bit more slowly so that you got an incentive to seek out something to eat, putting you in a situation where you can't just heal up? Regardless, I think the balancing when it comes to combat/health could use some work, if it wasn't something you are looking at already.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Salanth » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:05 pm

I see, just going to wait for version N then. As far as suggestions goes, I'm not really sure if I have any. I'm guessing you have the foundations for an item crafting system of some sort (judging from the crystals and whatnot), there are enemies you can interact with, and the skills and abilities are going to get more use as you go along. So in a way all the foundations are there, at least all that I can think of. Maybe the possibility of having less hostile npc's?

The only thing I have really been bugged by is the fact that combat is a slapping fight, and that health regenerates so slowly. On the other hand health needs to regenerate a bit more slowly so that you got an incentive to seek out something to eat, putting you in a situation where you can't just heal up? Regardless, I think the balancing when it comes to combat/health could use some work, if it wasn't something you are looking at already.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:06 pm

less hostile npcs are planned for further along. the crafting system is also planned. Any suggestions for improving the combat would be welcome, as yeah. its a bit smacking the harpy and getting smacked back till one of you falls over. I could make it more decisive but that'd be harsh on new players. I dunno though, bears thinking about.

edit addendum:

More specifically the town/non hostile npc/ faction support is planned for after the march to space. The crafting system is part of the march to space. And more decisive as in I up the lethality of things. Currently an issue with the laser gun is while shooting at range is fine one can't inflict crippling injury before they close due to how anaemic attacks are in balance with HP.

So it might be an idea to reduce HP scores or up attack damage. But is that a move players would appreciate?
darkevilme
---

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:20 am

Okay, before I even play the game, holy crap I love this changelog, it's so silly!
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:26 am

Hmmm... Having some weird issues with Java here.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:58)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL20.glCreateShader(GL20.java:221)
at vmo.Game.loadShader(Game.java:147)
at vmo.Game.LoadShaders(Game.java:163)
at vmo.Game.<init>(Game.java:112)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:10)
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:40 am

sorry kid. This is a problem with your computer graphics hardware being too old to support modern openGL. and it must be pretty danged old. I'm currently typing this message from work and the computers HERE support openGL shaders.

So there is no fix I can provide to this problem as its a problem with your computer hardware.
darkevilme
---

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:47 am

darkevilme wrote:sorry kid. This is a problem with your computer graphics hardware being too old to support modern openGL. and it must be pretty danged old. I'm currently typing this message from work and the computers HERE support openGL shaders.

So there is no fix I can provide to this problem as its a problem with your computer hardware.

Not surprised really. My family refuses to trade up and we've had this computer since the early 2000's.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0N

Postby darkevilme » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:56 am

BOOM! New version!
darkevilme
---

Postby zxcfrtyuiop » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:34 am

This game keeps crashing/closing when i try to continue or load a save game on the newest version :(
zxcfrtyuiop
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:03 am

send me the save file/ error log file or preferably both. otherwise i can't diagnose this problem.
darkevilme
---

Postby Salanth » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Hello again, here are a few things I found.

The entrance of the mushroom cave spawned the edge of the map to the harpy forest. Needless to say, I couldn't go inside.

Crash: Happened when trying to overwrite a save.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at widgets.WidgetContainer.save(WidgetContainer.java:144)
at zone.Tile.Save(Tile.java:108)
at zone.Zone.Save(Zone.java:533)
at nomad.World.Save(World.java:366)
at nomad.System.Save(System.java:108)
at nomad.Universe.Save(Universe.java:262)
at menu.SaveLoad.Save(SaveLoad.java:239)
at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:176)
at shared.Button.ClickEvent(Button.java:113)
at shared.Window.ClickEvent(Window.java:69)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:81)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:318)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:293)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:11)

Crash: Clicked the "use" box to attempt to eat fruit when there were no fruits left.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 2, Size: 2
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at actor.Inventory.getItem(Inventory.java:158)
at item.InventoryScreen.UseItem(InventoryScreen.java:223)
at item.InventoryScreen.UnequipEquiporUse(InventoryScreen.java:383)
at item.InventoryScreen.HandleDropdown(InventoryScreen.java:487)
at item.InventoryScreen.ButtonCallback(InventoryScreen.java:373)
at shared.DropDown.ClickEvent(DropDown.java:110)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:81)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:318)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:293)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:11)

Also, I have figured out that using oral vore makes managing your nutrient level (and in extension your health significantly easier), yet that makes that single playstyle much more convenient than the rest. I still think that health regeneration is a bit slow, and I think it would be good to have a sleep or rest action of some kind that you can use in safe areas, which has higher health regeneration rate in exchange for draining more nutrient. This would make waiting when low on health more bearable.

As far as fighting goes, now that I better know how to manage my health it has gotten a bit better, but the basic problem of being a slapping fight still remains, obviously. Striking a balance here would make it more compelling, even if it would still be a bit simplistic. As for how to make the core combat itself less simplistic? I don't know. Maybe it doesn't have to be engaging, if the rest of the game is interesting enough.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0P

Postby darkevilme » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Balancing vore in a world with hunger is tricky. I suppose I could make it so that the nutrient level for preds drains faster but they regen quicker. Dunno if that'd still be balancing in favour of preds over prey though. Will definitely put some kinda rest facility on the todolist though along with fixing the bugs.

edit:
boom new version
darkevilme
---

Postby zxcfrtyuiop » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:21 am

darkevilme wrote:send me the save file/ error log file or preferably both. otherwise i can't diagnose this problem.

Once i get the new version i will try to see if that bug is still there, and if it is then how do i send the save file and error log to you?
zxcfrtyuiop
Been posting for a bit

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0P

Postby darkevilme » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:33 am

any file upload site of your choice and send me links.

edit addendum:

Now looking for suggestions for balancing pred vs play style gameplay. Especially with regards to say, sexual vore types where them rewarding one with nutrients doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game