Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 23E

Postby darkevilme » Sat May 20, 2017 4:44 pm

darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:45 pm

is the ice planet plateau fix among them?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun May 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:is the ice planet plateau fix among them?

hopefully, yes. but seen as the plateau is a procedurally generated area all i can say is the times i did it the path was traversable.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:04 pm

i'll see if i can mod chargen to make me debug-powerful and test it out

on my end, i'm in the middle of cleaning up the deer-girl interactions. not planning on adding any new ones; just eliminating redundant text, fixing syntax, and varying up the vocabulary more
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed May 24, 2017 10:14 am

with the success of the last feedback form I've decided to solve my procastination problem by asking the main question as another form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScIJQEigeTEXSp57AAQxloAi_MgjyvLAAI_iB8Y9B_f9X5auw/viewform?usp=sf_link

also other questions thrown in there cause I'm curious about that rather than needing answers like with question 1.
darkevilme
---

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:53 pm

I keep getting errors with my save files. It not saving properly, not autosaving, not overwriting a saved file, not loading a saved file and even a crash when saving one time.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby darkevilme » Wed May 24, 2017 12:59 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:I keep getting errors with my save files. It not saving properly, not autosaving, not overwriting a saved file, not loading a saved file and even a crash when saving one time.

'errors'. meaning what? what does the error.log file say when this happens. I'm asking now cause I REALLY can't do anything about your problem without more information except offer you internet sympathy, which isn't worth a whole lot.
darkevilme
---

Postby gullvy » Wed May 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Is there a guide for this game somewhere? I'm currently stuck on the starting moon, and I can't really find out how to get fuel for the spacecraft. I've tried going into the dungeon with all the synths. I found a blueprint and used it, but nothing happened - no text, and I didn't learn to craft anything new.

Also, there was a line about a cave in the starting area, but I haven't been able to find said cave.

Keeping well fed also seems pretty hard. Even eating all the synths that I beat, I steadily lose satiation, and the same with the harpies.

Ultimately, it'd be great with some kind of a guide.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Wed May 24, 2017 5:54 pm

gullvy wrote:Is there a guide for this game somewhere? I'm currently stuck on the starting moon, and I can't really find out how to get fuel for the spacecraft. I've tried going into the dungeon with all the synths. I found a blueprint and used it, but nothing happened - no text, and I didn't learn to craft anything new.

Also, there was a line about a cave in the starting area, but I haven't been able to find said cave.

Keeping well fed also seems pretty hard. Even eating all the synths that I beat, I steadily lose satiation, and the same with the harpies.

the blueprint is...glitched, good catch. fix for that will come in update 24. for now ignore it.
you should be able to find the cave. the cave is always there, and when you get near it there will be text. it looks sort of like
Code: Select all
0xxx0
xxxxx
xx0xx
xx0xx
0x0x0

not sure why you're having so much trouble eating though. most players manage to not starve, and most players managed to not starve before the satiation decay rate got its second round of reductions.
darkevilme
---

Postby Benevorlent » Wed May 24, 2017 6:08 pm

gullvy wrote:Is there a guide for this game somewhere? I'm currently stuck on the starting moon, and I can't really find out how to get fuel for the spacecraft. I've tried going into the dungeon with all the synths. I found a blueprint and used it, but nothing happened - no text, and I didn't learn to craft anything new.

Putting help in the spoiler tag if you want it.
Spoiler: show
Re-explore the starting area until you find the cave, it's necessary to leave the moon. Inside are mushgirls, who you can eat upon seducing them. They also attack using pheromones, which damages resolve instead of health. They are ranged and if you're unlucky you can have a spawn where an area has multiple mushgirls and nowhere to hide, but damage remains upon leaving the cave so you can always leave and come back to whittle them down.
You'll want to fully explore the cave, as there's a ways down which seems to normally be generated near the "end" of the cave. Down there is the Mushgirl Queen, who does heavy seduction damage but is still weak to physical attacks. My suggestion would be to rush her, as she guards a drop containing a six shooter (uses bullets), bullets and carnicola. The former is a decent ranged weapon, and the latter will give you the perk oralvore if you don't already have it, or give you enough experience to get to your next level if you do (may give 100 xp instead, not yet tested).
Around the entirety of the cave are blue crystals, and interacting with them will place some in your bag. Like the gourds and fruit bushes, they are harvestable and will respawn. The blue crystals can be placed in the fuel tank you can create in the ship to provide fuel, at 1 fuel per crystal, but you don't need too many to get to the main planet.
Synths don't give much satiation, probably because they're robots. Harpies and mushgirls give much more, but if your karma score (shown in the character menu) is low, then they won't give much. Karma simply determines whether living or non-living food will give you more satiation, with less karma meaning more from non-living food and more karma meaning more from living food. Your Karma is affected by what you eat, going up for eating living things and down for non-living things. so if you want to be a pred character, then eating living things and abstaining from non-living food will help even if your satiation is already full (unless at 100 karma, which is the maximum). Your satiation will always steadily decrease, you can't survive without eating, after all. Update 24 plans to give pred characters the ability to capture creatures, so taking food on trips will be a possibility.
Hope this helps, kinda rushed but I hoped I explained things alright.
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 pm

darkevilme wrote:
MarkusFreeman320 wrote:I keep getting errors with my save files. It not saving properly, not autosaving, not overwriting a saved file, not loading a saved file and even a crash when saving one time.

'errors'. meaning what? what does the error.log file say when this happens. I'm asking now cause I REALLY can't do anything about your problem without more information except offer you internet sympathy, which isn't worth a whole lot.

Here is the error code from when it won't load.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: saves\save\Alpha Minoris.sav (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at nomad.StarSystem.load(StarSystem.java:158)
at nomad.Universe.Load(Universe.java:525)
at menu.SaveLoad.Load(SaveLoad.java:268)
at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:204)
at gui.Button.ClickEvent(Button.java:113)
at gui.Window.ClickEvent(Window.java:72)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:100)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:346)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:321)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:11)

Also when I seduce the zetamorph it puts me in an endless research cycle, even if I research it. Then when I interact with the seduced ones it asks me to study them and doesn't show any of the options it would for after killing them, leaving only study and do nothing options. I don't know how to get an error code for that.

Btw, awesome game. Very well thought out, beautifully applied. Sorry if I came across as over entitled in my last post.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby gullvy » Wed May 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Okay, thanks, I figured it out. I was wondering what the Karma meant.

Anyway, I had a sudden crash. I seduced the priest in the village where you land, and when I tried interacting with her afterwards, the game window immediately closed.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Wed May 24, 2017 8:17 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:
darkevilme wrote:

Here is the error code from when it won't load.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: saves\save\Alpha Minoris.sav (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at nomad.StarSystem.load(StarSystem.java:158)
at nomad.Universe.Load(Universe.java:525)
at menu.SaveLoad.Load(SaveLoad.java:268)
at menu.SaveLoad.ButtonCallback(SaveLoad.java:204)
at gui.Button.ClickEvent(Button.java:113)
at gui.Window.ClickEvent(Window.java:72)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:100)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:346)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:321)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:11)

Also when I seduce the zetamorph it puts me in an endless research cycle, even if I research it. Then when I interact with the seduced ones it asks me to study them and doesn't show any of the options it would for after killing them, leaving only study and do nothing options. I don't know how to get an error code for that.

Btw, awesome game. Very well thought out, beautifully applied. Sorry if I came across as over entitled in my last post.

1. it would seem the 'i thought this was more reliable' issue has cropped up again.. nomad deals well with many things, but it has a weakspot that it tends to assume file operations don't go wrong..and apparently for some people they do, a lot. I will try and ring fence this shit more for 24.

2. ??? this could conceivably happen, all of them require either a vagina, the CTF perk or i think possibly the oralvore perk? point is its possible to have no interactions available with seduced zetamorphs. and yes, it currently does not check you don't have the research already unlocked to make sure the study them option disappears...another fix for 24 methinks.

3. thanks. and it's okay. I tend to come across as grouchy cause I've asked for the error log when people report errors...for a while now. glad you're enjoying nomad despite the fact that saving and loading are going a tad screwy. I will make sure to put a bit more verification that saving actually occured when we think it occured in the next update..the reason it needs to wait for 24 is i forgot to branch when i started working on 24 content(WHOOPS) and i've changed the save format. Which means it can't load anything except the player character from saves of version 23. except i've yet to increment the version number. so i could put out a 24 in name only that doesn't have the content and features yet. or i could let people wait and come back when nomad has the option to capture fawns and put them in your space sex dungeon ship thing and experience the fixes then.

@Gullvy
there's no seduce priest dialogue, i really should put a stub there saying there's no interaction to prevent it from crashing though. that or make it suffer gracefully.
darkevilme
---

Postby bonberjean » Mon May 29, 2017 11:55 am

well... sometimes the world is generated that makes an access to certain dungeons impossible, I know that is the seed's fault and nothing can be done about it but you could add an item that can help in some of these cases or make it required to pass certain dungeons that you could make in the future

the item: Satchel charge - plant it on a rock, wall or tree to destroy it, useful to pass in the passage that is not supposed to be blocked (without having to restart the game from the beginning)
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Mon May 29, 2017 12:02 pm

bonberjean wrote:well... sometimes the world is generated that makes an access to certain dungeons impossible, I know that is the seed's fault and nothing can be done about it but you could add an item that can help in some of these cases or make it required to pass certain dungeons that you could make in the future

the item: Satchel charge - plant it on a rock, wall or tree to destroy it, useful to pass in the passage that is not supposed to be blocked (without having to restart the game from the beginning)

...cave generation for the lower part of the mushroom caves? or did you somehow end up unable to access Zorr despite it being massive? or is it omnico you can't get into? cause i can make the seed handle this better if you tell me which dungeon.
darkevilme
---

Postby bonberjean » Mon May 29, 2017 12:20 pm

darkevilme wrote:
bonberjean wrote:well... sometimes the world is generated that makes an access to certain dungeons impossible, I know that is the seed's fault and nothing can be done about it but you could add an item that can help in some of these cases or make it required to pass certain dungeons that you could make in the future

...cave generation for the lower part of the mushroom caves? or did you somehow end up unable to access Zorr despite it being massive? or is it omnico you can't get into? cause i can make the seed handle this better if you tell me which dungeon.

All of the above, some games, the mushroom cave (that leads to the boss or the entrance) don't appear, the omnico sometimes don't appear the cave entrance making it impossible to enter, I didn't reached Zorr yet, so I'm not sure about this one
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:23 am

So I finnaly played this, and it's pretty good. I don't know why this version works on my computer, and others didn't but what ever. I doubt I've made it half way through, but I'm probably spending too much time on this as is.

If I may make a suggestion, What if the Synths consumded damaged robots, and each other, to become stronger. Get a little DBZ action up in here.

Edit

Oh and I don't know if this is a glitch or it's just random but the Quendi saleswoman only sold me the mysterious bottle once. It killed me, and now that I've reloaded it's not back in her shop.

Edit Edit

If you go under the alchemist's table, the game get stuck on "It's her tongue"

EDIT EDIT EDIT

OK Now My Ship Is Gone! I have to re-explore the town with the Quendi, and My ship isn't in the middle of it anymore.

I've also been having a lot of trouble getting my saves to continue to work, a lot of them just aren't letting me load them.
Last edited by 0Anesthetic4u on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Hansony » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:55 am

The game seem to have a bug where if you reload a game without shutting the entire thing down first, merchants will keep whatever they had, be that more or less then default.
I tried to use that to buy extra blue crystals from one, but sadly something along the way made the game crash
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:04 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:So I finnaly played this, and it's pretty good. I don't know why this version works on my computer, and others didn't but what ever. I doubt I've made it half way through, but I'm probably spending too much time on this as is.

If I may make a suggestion, What if the Synths consumded damaged robots, and each other, to become stronger. Get a little DBZ action up in here.

Edit

Oh and I don't know if this is a glitch or it's just random but the Quendi saleswoman only sold me the mysterious bottle once. It killed me, and now that I've reloaded it's not back in her shop.

Edit Edit

EDIT EDIT EDIT

OK Now My Ship Is Gone! I have to re-explore the town with the Quendi, and My ship isn't in the middle of it anymore.

I've also been having a lot of trouble getting my saves to continue to work, a lot of them just aren't letting me load them.

1. synths eating robots, or anything eating something that isnt the player when it's not the player. is pending on the 'observer vore' planned feature

2. there's only one mysterious bottle of death in the shop, though if you leave them long enough they might replace it.

3. you're playing a d'girl, it's a long standing gap in the dialogue that it doesn't handle that well in those circumstances with the alchemist. I will wall it off probably so the tongue can't be involved unless you have a V.

4. saves and loading in nomad had for the longest time been assumed to be reliable. I have no idea why this has changed now (didn't used to get reports of this) but basically, nomad doesn't perform integrity checking after a save and so it failed to save alpha minoris II but didn't notice it'd failed, then when you loaded the save it lacked alpha two and regenerated alpha 2 as if you'd come to it for the first time. which sadly does not include your spaceship.

5. @Hansony

...and that I need to fix. there's a glitch where it actually doesn't properly load in the shop data.

so in summary:
I'm going to be making sure shop contents are retained, walling off the alchemist tongue unless you have a V, and ring fencing saving with integrity checking to make sure that it notifies if saving is successful or not based on how many files it has.

edit: and now a spoiler hint
In order to find draconians: you need to break the rocks that separate the lower half of alpha minoris II from the rest. To do this you will need explosives, which you can make from either synthesized volatile crystals (created from the regular fuel crystals if you have crafting rank 1) or by finding volatile crystals directly on the lower level of the bat caves. The bat caves are accessible from the plains in the NW...
now, once you break the rocks the draconians will have a chance to show up in the jungle, valley, plains or swamp. They will only show up as single individuals and are a bit stronger than the other enemies around them.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:46 am

darkevilme wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:So I finnaly played this, and it's pretty good. I don't know why this version works on my computer, and others didn't but what ever. I doubt I've made it half way through, but I'm probably spending too much time on this as is.

Edit

Edit Edit

EDIT EDIT EDIT

1. synths eating robots, or anything eating something that isnt the player when it's not the player. is pending on the 'observer vore' planned feature

2. there's only one mysterious bottle of death in the shop, though if you leave them long enough they might replace it.

3. you're playing a d'girl, it's a long standing gap in the dialogue that it doesn't handle that well in those circumstances with the alchemist. I will wall it off probably so the tongue can't be involved unless you have a V.

4. saves and loading in nomad had for the longest time been assumed to be reliable. I have no idea why this has changed now (didn't used to get reports of this) but basically, nomad doesn't perform integrity checking after a save and so it failed to save alpha minoris II but didn't notice it'd failed, then when you loaded the save it lacked alpha two and regenerated alpha 2 as if you'd come to it for the first time. which sadly does not include your spaceship.

5. @Hansony

...and that I need to fix. there's a glitch where it actually doesn't properly load in the shop data.

so in summary:
I'm going to be making sure shop contents are retained, walling off the alchemist tongue unless you have a V, and ring fencing saving with integrity checking to make sure that it notifies if saving is successful or not based on how many files it has.

edit: and now a spoiler hint
In order to find draconians: you need to break the rocks that separate the lower half of alpha minoris II from the rest. To do this you will need explosives, which you can make from either synthesized volatile crystals (created from the regular fuel crystals if you have crafting rank 1) or by finding volatile crystals directly on the lower level of the bat caves. The bat caves are accessible from the plains in the NW...
now, once you break the rocks the draconians will have a chance to show up in the jungle, valley, plains or swamp. They will only show up as single individuals and are a bit stronger than the other enemies around them.

Actually I didn't play a D girl, I played a herm, but as far as I can tell the characters Vagina kept falling off. Options involving it kept disapearing, at one point I drank something and it said I grew one, and I never had trouble using the unbirth perk even when I think the character didn't have one.

By the by, are there ways to "console command" or save edit to give my self perks? I don't want to have to start again from level 1.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game