Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.1C

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:27 am

dunno if the second floor of mushroom land was removed or if i just got a bad gen

also tucksacks cost nothing, don't accept rations or harpy-land fruit, and apparently accept and delete gourds
those were the foods i tested with

and the reddening of items too complex to craft in incompatible with the scrolling at present
it's like the red stays in the y-axis position it would be in when viewing the top of the list and stays there as items in the list move
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:38 am

tentative release of 252, warning. some content in this release may be in an unfinished and untested state. But this release is being done mainly to provide fixes for errors involving extant content

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5t7kv49ptoo0o0/Nomad%20alpha%20252.zip?dl=0

content:
fixes for space combat
fixes for crafting
fixes for item containers
fixes for things I've probably forgotten about
the rebalancing of experience (Still an ongoing project)
the addition of player as pred AV abilities
3 player as pred av scenes including one by guest writer serenity
1 ub as pred endo branch, 1 ub as prey endo branch, 1 cv as prey endo branch
1 cv as prey(with endo branch), 1 ov as prey(with endo branch), 2 sex scenes, by guest writer Winny

Slayerhero90 wrote:dunno if the second floor of mushroom land was removed or if i just got a bad gen

also tucksacks cost nothing, don't accept rations or harpy-land fruit, and apparently accept and delete gourds
those were the foods i tested with

and the reddening of items too complex to craft in incompatible with the scrolling at present
it's like the red stays in the y-axis position it would be in when viewing the top of the list and stays there as items in the list move

cheers for the bug reports. the last one i'd fixed at my end. the 2nd one I've fixed this morning..the 1st. *muttered cursing* I don't know why the generator keeps on being able to do this when i have routines that are meant to insure the cave is navigable....I'm really not sure what else I can do at this point short of turning the cave into a prefab.
darkevilme
---

Postby Winny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:49 pm

The new area based on what I wrote crashes the game once you get the key just saying.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2A

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Winny wrote:The new area based on what I wrote crashes the game once you get the key just saying.

Untested content, is insufficiently tested.

here's a fix for pretty much just issues relating to winny's guest content.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k41bfucsr2xcxu0/Nomad%20alpha%20252A.zip?dl=0
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:51 pm

is the player's height randomized at start? 5 feet's pretty short

i do appreciate the more customization options though

i also wonder if there's any way i can remove the rocks from the cave without starting a new game
ADDENDUM: wasn't there a second level to the cave of batgirls, too? i can't find it this time

it also appears foes can make attacks of opportunity regardless of whether the player can actually move in the attempted direction
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:31 am

I have not had a Save Corruption since the shift to 2.5 no.

EDIT: Oh Nooooooo. Dont tell me I have to start over again to play 25.2? All I'm getting are load failures when trying to import saves from 25D.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2B

Postby darkevilme » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:is the player's height randomized at start? 5 feet's pretty short

i do appreciate the more customization options though

i also wonder if there's any way i can remove the rocks from the cave without starting a new game
ADDENDUM: wasn't there a second level to the cave of batgirls, too? i can't find it this time

it also appears foes can make attacks of opportunity regardless of whether the player can actually move in the attempted direction

the player's height is static, and set to a fairly arbitrary value at the moment.
suffice to say removing rocks/trees is harder than it sounds. the actual explaination is longer, but it's a fairly non trivial pursuit. And ideally I'd be able to just fix that procedural generation routine.
there was a second level to the batgirl cave yes, for volatile crystals if you lack the skill to make them yourself.
and...this new version might fix the AoO if you try to walk through walls.

0Anesthetic4u wrote:I have not had a Save Corruption since the shift to 2.5 no.

EDIT: Oh Nooooooo. Dont tell me I have to start over again to play 25.2? All I'm getting are load failures when trying to import saves from 25D.

yes, again! to be a drinking bird is your eternal fate! mwahaha-
actually with this I can add a small check to the way it re-populates your crafting recipe list and that might solve the problem for you. here you go.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo5r1bqcqxcgh4d/Nomad%20alpha%20252B.zip?dl=0
also comes with re-organizing how it handles AoO. or it might break everything, cheers.
darkevilme
---

Postby vayne358 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:34 am

Just wondering, because i'm really, really bad at these kinds of games, but is there either a walkthrough or something? All i really know how to do is stack int/science to easy mode the ruins.
vayne358
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:54 am

vayne358 wrote:Just wondering, because i'm really, really bad at these kinds of games, but is there either a walkthrough or something? All i really know how to do is stack int/science to easy mode the ruins.

there's a walk-through buried in here somewhere on how to leave AMIIA, but I think from your prior posts you've done that before. There is currently no walk-through for the entire game, there is however a discord channel for asking questions about how to do X (though sometimes the answer will be 'you need to wait for X to be possible in game')
darkevilme
---

Postby vayne358 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:20 pm

ah, okay. Still, what are the chances of an "easy mode" for us scrubs?
vayne358
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:49 pm

i should also mention i had some difficulty with the "hacking the door to the life pod so i didn't have to toggle synth digestion" sequence actually working
the door wouldn't actually open
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:08 am

So the new version works with my saves, yay, but there are some issues.

One very minor one is that it has screwed up the spacing on the character description. So there aren't spaces on much of the text seemingly when ever there was a number involved. So stuff like "You are5feet0inches tall."

It also seems to have doubled the EXP Zetamorphs are worth. From 30 to 60.

One much more important issue is that it seems to have added an extra Zero on the Exp Required to level up.

Currently at 14,400 EXP requried to hit my next level.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:07 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:i should also mention i had some difficulty with the "hacking the door to the life pod so i didn't have to toggle synth digestion" sequence actually working
the door wouldn't actually open

please ensure your version of assets/data/scripts/omnico/reformerRoom.lua looks like
Code: Select all
function main(flags)
   var1=flags:readFlag("OMNICO_IIA_OVERRIDE")
   var0=flags:readFlag("OMNICO_IIA_SAFETY")
   if var1==1 or var0==1 then
   return true;
   end
   return false;
end

0Anesthetic4u wrote:So the new version works with my saves, yay, but there are some issues.

One very minor one is that it has screwed up the spacing on the character description. So there aren't spaces on much of the text seemingly when ever there was a number involved. So stuff like "You are5feet0inches tall."

It also seems to have doubled the EXP Zetamorphs are worth. From 30 to 60.

One much more important issue is that it seems to have added an extra Zero on the Exp Required to level up.

Currently at 14,400 EXP requried to hit my next level.

1. I'll try and fix the description.
2. Yes, we're in the process of rebalancing. enemies that are more dangerous than raptor girls should give notably more exp than raptor girls.
3. and we've rebalanced experience to have a less shallow curve as player's were ending AM at preposterous levels like 30 or 60. Which'd be fine except it'd be nice to be able to continue the game after AM. And what do i even use to challenge a player who is level 30?
If the player's can easily attain a level that makes the idea of a difficulty curve impossible to maintain I might as well end the game when you leave AM.
This isn't a bug, it's a feature, and a necessary one.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:43 am

darkevilme wrote:1. I'll try and fix the description.
2. Yes, we're in the process of rebalancing. enemies that are more dangerous than raptor girls should give notably more exp than raptor girls.
3. and we've rebalanced experience to have a less shallow curve as player's were ending AM at preposterous levels like 30 or 60. Which'd be fine except it'd be nice to be able to continue the game after AM. And what do i even use to challenge a player who is level 30?
If the player's can easily attain a level that makes the idea of a difficulty curve impossible to maintain I might as well end the game when you leave AM.

I see, I was not expecting such an insane spike.

What made you feel the need to increase the Zetamorp EXP so much, its far from the toughest enemies? Arkosaurs are a legitimate threat but are only worth 25, but I can CLOWN Zetamorphs for 60.

By the way, I like how you added the Devour Option. Its nice to be able to get rid of the bodies I leave in my wake even if it's in a non descript way.

Wait wich house is Neri's House? Is it in town? There aren't any houses with basements other then the alchemists.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:17 am

what's am again
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:49 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
darkevilme wrote:1. I'll try and fix the description.

I see, I was not expecting such an insane spike.

What made you feel the need to increase the Zetamorp EXP so much, its far from the toughest enemies? Arkosaurs are a legitimate threat but are only worth 25, but I can CLOWN Zetamorphs for 60.

By the way, I like how you added the Devour Option. Its nice to be able to get rid of the bodies I leave in my wake even if it's in a non descript way.

Wait wich house is Neri's House? Is it in town? There aren't any houses with basements other then the alchemists.

It's actually not an insane spike, the curve is gradual but steeper. you just skipped the lower part of the curve by importing a save from the old levelling system.

Not all enemies have been updated, but the toughest enemies have been made even more rewarding. But zetamorph's are worth more than before because they have strong melee attacks, are definitively hostile unlike arkosaurs and are encountered in tight and twisting mazes of corridors where it's harder to kite them. You don't encounter them in a wide open field like the arkos or the surface raptors. If you disagree and think they're too easy to beat please explain your strategy.

And cheers. I have a friend who has been bugging me to add it for a different reason to let 100% karma preds survive in areas where the game's pred scene writing is sparse on the ground, especially if they only have a fraction of the vore perks. Otherwise they sorta starve.

Neri's house was added to include Winny's guest content, you can currently sequence break on it though which I need to fix. Shouldn't be able to get in without the key.

Slayerhero90 wrote:what's am again

AM is my abbreviation for Alpha Minoris, aka the starting system. so Alpha Minoris II becomes AMII, the moon of it is AMIIA and the ice world is AMIII.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:58 am

darkevilme wrote:It's actually not an insane spike, the curve is gradual but steeper. you just skipped the lower part of the curve by importing a save from the old levelling system.

Not all enemies have been updated, but the toughest enemies have been made even more rewarding. But zetamorph's are worth more than before because they have strong melee attacks, are definitively hostile unlike arkosaurs and are encountered in tight and twisting mazes of corridors where it's harder to kite them. You don't encounter them in a wide open field like the arkos or the surface raptors. If you disagree and think they're too easy to beat please explain your strategy.

And cheers. I have a friend who has been bugging me to add it for a different reason to let 100% karma preds survive in areas where the game's pred scene writing is sparse on the ground, especially if they only have a fraction of the vore perks. Otherwise they sorta starve.

Neri's house was added to include Winny's guest content, you can currently sequence break on it though which I need to fix. Shouldn't be able to get in without the key.

My strategy is simple... Seduction...

... What?... I said it was simple.

I thought that was intentional.

Even somewhat low level seduction will Annihilate them. They have basically no defence against it, it stunlocks the crap out of them to the point where the will barely ever get off an attack, it bypasses their armor, it works AOE.

Seriously I can fight like 5 of them at once, and not be the remotest bit worried.

I kind of thought that was kind of the point. Seduction is somewhat effective against everything except for a few things it doesn't work at all against, but the upshot is that it's hyper effective against Zetamorphs.

... So what you are saying is Neri's house doesn't exist for me because I am using an old save?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:29 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
darkevilme wrote:It's actually not an insane spike, the curve is gradual but steeper. you just skipped the lower part of the curve by importing a save from the old levelling system.

My strategy is simple... Seduction...

... What?... I said it was simple.

I thought that was intentional.

Even somewhat low level seduction will Annihilate them. They have basically no defence against it, it stunlocks the crap out of them to the point where the will barely ever get off an attack, it bypasses their armor, it works AOE.

Seriously I can fight like 5 of them at once, and not be the remotest bit worried.

I kind of thought that was kind of the point. Seduction is somewhat effective against everything except for a few things it doesn't work at all against, but the upshot is that it's hyper effective against Zetamorphs.

... So what you are saying is Neri's house doesn't exist for me because I am using an old save?

Neri's house will exist cause your save was ported into the new version. ie, everything in the game world was destroyed except you then re-created.

And yeah, zetas have a significantly lower resolve score than their HP score. That's intentional, and commented on in 'cyclopedia entry *again makes a note to add more entries to the lore cyclopedia*

I'm not sure it should let you fight that many at once though. I'll have to rethink..or nerf the exp reward for them to reflect that while they're dangerous to the other 3-4 archtypes dominators have a really easy time with them. (though apparently gadgeteer/marksman hybrids can take them out really easily using a combo of the shooting iron and NETS)
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:46 am

darkevilme wrote:Neri's house will exist cause your save was ported into the new version. ie, everything in the game world was destroyed except you then re-created.

And yeah, zetas have a significantly lower resolve score than their HP score. That's intentional, and commented on in 'cyclopedia entry *again makes a note to add more entries to the lore cyclopedia*

I'm not sure it should let you fight that many at once though. I'll have to rethink..or nerf the exp reward for them to reflect that while they're dangerous to the other 3-4 archtypes dominators have a really easy time with them. (though apparently gadgeteer/marksman hybrids can take them out really easily using a combo of the shooting iron and NETS)

I definantly get swarmed by them, most often by 3 or more at a time.

"Easily" seems to be a rather relative term here, because for a Domiation type it is litterally.

Find Zeno

Press Seduce

Profit.

I don'k know about that? I havent had to re-expore any where everything seems to be exactly the same, and I SCOURED the entire elf village and didn't find her house.

At one point I entered the Alchemests basement and came out, and everything was reset, I had to re-explore, and I lost my Space Winnebago in favor of the origional ship, but that was INSANELY crash prone.

You know what, that may be the problem... Was my save supposed to just load as normal now? I origionally thought the new update was just going to let me keep my level and my crafting recepies, but it let me load in my old saves like I hadn't changed versions.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:58 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:At one point I entered the Alchemests basement and came out, and everything was reset, I had to re-explore, and I lost my Space Winnebago in favor of the origional ship, but that was INSANELY crash prone.

*killbill siren sound*

1. that definitely should not happen...how the hell did that happen. The only time the world should reset is when moving between game versions. The thing is the way you managed to have it happen doesn't make any sense. The game loads worlds as a block containing all accessed files from a single file each. I'd get it if it conceivably failed to load or lost a file and you went back to AMIIA and it had reset. But there's no way nomad can have only one zone of AMII in memory unless it's the only zone you've ever visited on the planet. Which the basement is not. If anyone can figure out how to reproduce this that'd be grand.

2...the prospector is still crashing? same problem? or a different one? what's the error.log?

0Anesthetic4u wrote:You know what, that may be the problem... Was my save supposed to just load as normal now? I origionally thought the new update was just going to let me keep my level and my crafting recepies, but it let me load in my old saves like I hadn't changed versions.

3. It shouldn't let you load old saves without them being reset to AMIIA and the escape pod while deleting the game world so it can be recreated. Every save has a prefix value that's the first thing it loads from the verse.sav file. This value is the version the game is saved in, if this value is different from the value of the version you're loading in it does the whole reset routine. so you should never load a save from a prior version and not end up in the escape pod as if it's newgame+
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game