Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Postby darkevilme » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:38 pm

perihelionwrites wrote:On the subject of community contributions, I've made a few modifications to some of the text files, adding my own stuff and filling what I saw as holes in the available content.

I hadn't shared any of that stuff because I wasn't aware of a good way to share it. That and I thought the game was abandoned...

At any rate. Is there a preferred way to submit community content?

Probably joining the discord I have a channel there to collect all the community contributions.
And the unity port will be done when its done. I might do a community content collection release if I have a good chunk of it there.
Other than that? the Unity port is currently at the state of bogged down re-adding minyos as to add minyos i need to make unity nomad support some quest features, law and order system, mutators and shops again.
darkevilme
---

Postby PowerPuncher702 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:01 am

Can anyone help me open the game itself? I have Java installed and when I click it to open it, it doesn't open
PowerPuncher702
New to the forum

Postby VVV » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:10 am

there is a second window that needs to be open at all times with it. don't close it and make sure that your computer is not blocking it.
VVV
Somewhat familiar

Postby PowerPuncher702 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:55 pm

I figured out how to open it now. Just needed to fix Java itself
PowerPuncher702
New to the forum

Postby MelonBoobies » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:41 pm

How does one even start this game ..? I've tried a few times but no results ... help ?
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:18 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:How does one even start this game ..? I've tried a few times but no results ... help ?

so when you unzip the game and execute run.bat and the command line black window appears. what does it say?
darkevilme
---

Postby MelonBoobies » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:12 pm

darkevilme wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:How does one even start this game ..? I've tried a few times but no results ... help ?

so when you unzip the game and execute run.bat and the command line black window appears. what does it say?

a bunch of stuff ... at the end it says the location of it followed by "Pause" and a bit above that there's the line that says "Failed to load a library"
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:58 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:
darkevilme wrote:

a bunch of stuff ... at the end it says the location of it followed by "Pause" and a bit above that there's the line that says "Failed to load a library"

at a guess, you're trying to run on mac or linux for which the game doesn't have the libraries bundled for lwjgl. But seen as you didn't bother to actually copy and paste what the black window has in it and are extremely roughly paraphrasing it I can't usefully do more than guess.
darkevilme
---

Postby MelonBoobies » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:10 pm

darkevilme wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:
darkevilme wrote:so when you unzip the game and execute run.bat and the command line black window appears. what does it say?

at a guess, you're trying to run on mac or linux for which the game doesn't have the libraries bundled for lwjgl. But seen as you didn't bother to actually copy and paste what the black window has in it and are extremely roughly paraphrasing it I can't usefully do more than guess.

I would if I could but there are some sorta personal info in there so I'd rather not, also I'm on a windows laptop ...
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:
darkevilme wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:a bunch of stuff ... at the end it says the location of it followed by "Pause" and a bit above that there's the line that says "Failed to load a library"

I would if I could but there are some sorta personal info in there so I'd rather not, also I'm on a windows laptop ...

You asked for help, i said what information i needed in order to actually help you, you say you will not give me this information. I therefore cannot help you. Note this is not 'will not help you' or 'chooses not to help you' its 'cannot help you' as in you've made helping you impossible.
darkevilme
---

Postby MelonBoobies » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:03 am

darkevilme wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:I would if I could but there are some sorta personal info in there so I'd rather not, also I'm on a windows laptop ...

You asked for help, i said what information i needed in order to actually help you, you say you will not give me this information. I therefore cannot help you. Note this is not 'will not help you' or 'chooses not to help you' its 'cannot help you' as in you've made helping you impossible.

Does this work for yah ? Cut out the mostly personal stuff
Spoiler: show
yehaw.png
yehaw2.png
yehaw2.png (30.86 KiB) Viewed 2413 times
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:43 am

MelonBoobies wrote:
darkevilme wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:I would if I could but there are some sorta personal info in there so I'd rather not, also I'm on a windows laptop ...

Does this work for yah ? Cut out the mostly personal stuff
Spoiler: show
yehaw.png
yehaw2.png

Helps me? yes. Helps me help you? not necessarily because this is freaking bizarre.
It's saying it can't find the lwjgl.dll. Here's the thing, that library is bundled inside nomad.jar. So its bizarre it can't find it. My only guesses at this point are 1. you didn't unzip the files into a folder and it somehow doesn't behave properly if you try to run it inside an archive. 2. the download is corrupted and you need to re-download it.
I'm sorry but this one is weird. I haven't seen this happen before. Normally its 'tried to run on mac/linux' or 'doesn't have java installed or 'doesn't have openGL support' but this 'can't find file in same box as itself' problem is new.
Try redownloading?
darkevilme
---

Postby MelonBoobies » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:50 am

Ok, I'll see if it helps at all.
Idk if it's the cause but it is inside a file, in a file, in a file which I use as a safebox to check for viruses when downloading anything off of the web
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby MelonBoobies » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:52 am

Gives me the same responce ... Same data and same location ...
Just had to take it out of the folder-ception and it worked
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby MasterInventor » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:12 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:Gives me the same responce ... Same data and same location ...
Just had to take it out of the folder-ception and it worked

It sounds like you put those libraries in a place where they hit the file path character limit and could no longer be loaded.

A "folder-ception" does nothing to protect you from viruses, by the way. You might want to look in to hard drive partitions.
MasterInventor
Been posting for a bit

Postby eleventh » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:21 am

I know this is a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know how to make dialogue lines (<text> stuff </text>) have line breaks? Been messing with some of the conversation files and I vaguely remember getting it to work once in an older version.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:17 am

eleventh wrote:I know this is a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know how to make dialogue lines (<text> stuff </text>) have line breaks? Been messing with some of the conversation files and I vaguely remember getting it to work once in an older version.

This is a question you should probably ask on the discord.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby PantsCommander » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:17 pm

Got something of an odd bug.

Plasma pistol is dealing negative damage on crits against Black Zetas, but positive damage on normal hits.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
PantsCommander
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:29 am

PantsCommander wrote:Got something of an odd bug.

Plasma pistol is dealing negative damage on crits against Black Zetas, but positive damage on normal hits.

Oh, ha. I'm not gonna look into the code to check. But I'm guessing the crit path doesn't take into account negative damage due to extreme defences and floor the value at a minimum of 0. A plasma pistol is thermokinetic, and as you've seen from trying to use lasers thermal damage is pretty much useless against zetamorphs due to their resistance to cosmic rays. So the thermal portion of your attack when critical is being reduced below zero damage. That's a hell of an edge case no wonder no one mentioned it till now.
darkevilme
---

Postby PantsCommander » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:20 am

Figured it was the mixed damage types causing it, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Another bug, the Apartment 3 encounter on Freehaven, picking a fight still costs the 25k as if I had paid off the debt.

I have a save if you need it to verify, but the screenshot is here:

Also, buying a ship at Freehaven seems to be very glitchy, it only works if the central dock is open, and if you change screens (go to one of the side docks to, for example, grab the gear off your original ship), then the ship that you just bought and paid for seems to despawn.
PantsCommander
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game