Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0QD

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 pm

i'm making a slime what should be the text for when you miss it?
never mind this is to tricky for me to program not very good at this tuff
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0QD

Postby Rashdolphin » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:52 pm

I still don't know how to get the newer versions how to work can anyone help.
Rashdolphin
Been posting for a bit

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0R

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:59 pm

I googled the error you reported and got nothing. So either you misreported it or no one has ever experienced that error with glfw/lwjgl.

edit:
bump for update. fixes and two new minor tweaks.

1. player start is now defined by start.xml instead of being hard coded.

2. ranged weapons now have a bonus at range and a penalty close in to their to hit roll. this might make them more effective at whittling down enemies who are approaching and therefore make them less useless against harpies.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0R

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:43 pm

This looks like a very interesting game... I would love to try it! But as is usual, it does not work on Linux... apparently due to missing local libraries (a .so for each .dll), which maybe you could consider including please?

Code: Select all
mircea@linux-qz0r:~/Artwork/Games/Vore/Nomad> java -jar ./nomad.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1864)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122)
        at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:97)
        at org.lwjgl.system.Library.<clinit>(Library.java:48)
        at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryUtil.<clinit>(MemoryUtil.java:56)
        at org.lwjgl.system.libffi.Closure.<clinit>(Closure.java:57)
        at vmo.Game.<init>(Game.java:102)
        at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
mircea@linux-qz0r:~/Artwork/Games/Vore/Nomad>
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0RA

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:55 pm

You're the only person who raises the issue. It's not come up afore now. Anyway. Here. This MIGHT fix it. I honestly don't know though, it's not like i have a linux box to test on.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6o523yqggx764mw/Nomad_tech_demo_0RA.zip
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0RA

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:51 pm

darkevilme wrote:You're the only person who raises the issue. It's not come up afore now. Anyway. Here. This MIGHT fix it. I honestly don't know though, it's not like i have a linux box to test on.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6o523yqggx764mw/Nomad_tech_demo_0RA.zip

It is working now. Thank you for the support!

Just one minor problem left, again Linux related: The file assets/art/logo.png is not seen and causes another crash at startup, due to incorrect case sensitivity. Could you please rename Logo.png to logo.png? I've done so locally for the time being and got the game to actually run, but just pointing this out as well.

And yeah... us Linux users are sadly still a minority. I do hope this will change someday :)
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0S

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:22 am

happy to help, enjoy the game. I'll have that logo change in the next update whenever i get around to having time to write it.

edit:

new version out.
now has the appearance system. including dialogue macros, appearance screen, a moddable body part system and items that TITS style mutate the user.

next stop.
probably building towards supporting a town.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0S

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:22 am

bump new content:

now presenting modder's guide one, dialogue. first draft, changes will be made based on feedback. additional guides will be made when I feel like it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HrK7F0cjoCH9DIHQTXAcP_4Lan2-J7kYV-dHUdqe88g/edit?usp=sharing
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0TA

Postby Biergesetz » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:34 am

pretty good game you got going here
Biergesetz
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:42 pm

How exactly do you fix the ship. I have all the crafted parts from the table and the fuel but no idea how to set them up.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:18 pm

stand on free tiles aboard the ship, open inventory, select item, click use. yeah i got lazy. i really should of made a ship module placement tool. maybe i'll get around to doing it next time, or when more people actually get as far as realizing there's a ship to fix.
darkevilme
---

Postby Fevix » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:34 am

darkevilme wrote:stand on free tiles aboard the ship, open inventory, select item, click use. yeah i got lazy. i really should of made a ship module placement tool. maybe i'll get around to doing it next time, or when more people actually get as far as realizing there's a ship to fix.

I get that far quite often, but it's difficult to get by the robots because they always seem to travel in pairs and by the time I even get TO them I've taken so much damage that I can't possibly hope to kill both of them.

Spoiler: show
That and I do enjoy crawling into the harpies x.x
Fevix
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:36 pm

okay then. i stand corrected. and i'm gratified you're enjoying 'spelunking' in this game Fevix.

So I ask. How should I handle adding modules to ships? bear in mind modules like widgets (wooden chests, crafting tables) take up individual tiles aboard the ship. How should the ui handle giving the user this ability?

as for the robots. yeah as they're the only enemies people find routinely who have a ranged attack they do seem a little op to players. but I'm going to hold off on trying to put in a half arsed fix until i can work on improving the combat system to give the player more choices in combat than they currently have. Then we can have a fullsomely arsed fix.
darkevilme
---

Postby Lockete217 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:22 pm

As someone who lurks, I've enjoyed this game massively. I have to ask if this is a bug or not, but once an enemy has gone non-hostile, you seem to be able to attack, seduce and shoot them with them not caring anymore.

As for modules, perhaps make specific tiles where when interacted with give you the possibility of putting things there for important things?

Spoiler: show
I also greatly enjoy crawling into harpies, and being forced into harpies. Just the harpies in general really :wink: I have spent WAY too much time interacting with/being forced inside them...
Yup I lurk
Lockete217
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:45 pm

hmm. well, there's a module cap on how many modules total the ship is allowed to have. would people begrudge just having certain tiles highlighted as module tiles and therefore not having free placement allowed for these things?
it'd make it more clear to players how to place modules if clicking certain tiles brought up a 'select module to place here' dialogue.

also...clearly i need more npcs with multiple smut branches like the harpies as everyone seems to love them. but i've been having writer's block on that for the longest time.

also. any feedback on things pertaining to space and spaceships will be welcome if you actually manage to figure them out and get to the main planet.

edit:
and i will try to check out the rules to make sure that those you shoot who arent hostile...actually become hostile again.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Like the guide for conversations, proving to be a great reference so far! Like that portrait support is in too.

Did have a couple of questions though, about portraits and one about sprites:

1)For sprites, is it possible to make them larger than the current creatures (32x32 I think?)? obviously the hitbox would still just be 1 tile, but just having the sprite spill over a bit.

2)Is there a specific size used for portraits? will it shrink anything larger if there is, or trim it?

3)Is it possible to change the portrait during conversations, say, make a little visual scene play out, or change the mood of the NPC you're talking to.

4)probably more of a request, but similar, would it be possible to allow a place for a game over image to go with the portraits?
komaru
???

Postby darkevilme » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:43 pm

1. no. sprite images can be larger, but will be squashed to fit the square. I'd need to consider carefully whether i wanted to change that as it could lead to some strangeness..though large sprites might also have their appeal so long as they dont go too far overboard..probably 1.5 tiles high would need to be the limit.
2. no, yes, no. the portrait frame will compress/stretch any square image to fit the same size without trimming.
3. yes. calling the portrait command multiple times will replace the image..or should do. I admit things aren't extensively tested.
4. its possible. I'll think on it. the notion never occured to me i admit.
darkevilme
---

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:38 pm

I think the sprite issue could be easily solved if it's done like in OVRL - sprites have only horizontal size and are centered on the square. I did some OVRL modding and there never was a readability issue with overlapping images.

Alternatively, ability to change tile size. If stretching/squashing is already a thing it should be easy enough?
GreenSlime
Participator

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0U

Postby darkevilme » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:03 pm

new version out. Shop and chargen framework implemented.

I'm unsure what to tackle for the next update. so you can influence things a tad.

EDIT: the people have spoken. next update, combat overhaul. this might be a while...
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0V

Postby darkevilme » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:58 am

okay bump for new update. now that it isn't april fools no one will accuse it of being a fake update....also it wasn't ready till super late yesterday.

so update contents:
status effects (buff, debuff, stun so far, but more to come it was the framework that was the real bitch to code)
better move support (now possible to have more options as the player later, like guns with secondary fire modes)
new items: shroompaste, e-cell, radio gun, deflector bracelet
a fair bit of behind the scenes wrangling

this update is almost certainly unstable, I've changed a lot, you have been warned.

future considerations:
I'm running out of letters. Once we hit the release after Z I want to shift to calling this an actual alpha and trying to have more of an emphasis on content.

But...

I'm one guy with a dayjob and other hobbies. This project is too big for me alone and I'm going to need help(it's a fucking open world game!), not with the coding but with everything else which is quite substantial(items, quests, story, worldbuilding, smut, npcs, locations, balance..). So at some point before release Z I'm going to need to either need to acquire a team or reconsider the scope of the game.

more specifically:
the harpies..are popular, and the reason they're popular is I was unusually inspired to give them a branchy as all hell set of smut scenes. None of the other npcs have that, and that's cause I haven't had that particular debauched inspiration strike twice. It'd be nice if some other npcs got the same love harpies did and that means more branching smuttery, so maybe someone can help out with inspiration/writing there.

and now more generally again:
What are people wanting to see in future updates.
my roadmap only seems to contain docking and dungeon generation, towns and quests, karma meter as major items now and
more portrait support, sprite resizing, ship component sockets as minor items.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game