Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 18D

Postby Cyne » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:10 pm

The game keeps closing out on me too... I have the error log here;

Failed to create the GLFW window
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: No GLCapabilities instance has been set for the current thread.
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL.getCapabilities(GL.java:211)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.getInstance(GL11.java:1394)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.nglGetString(GL11.java:4278)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glGetString(GL11.java:4288)
at vmo.Game.<init>(Game.java:134)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
Cyne
New to the forum

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 19

Postby darkevilme » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Cyne wrote:The game keeps closing out on me too... I have the error log here;

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: No GLCapabilities instance has been set for the current thread.

failure to initialize openGL. update your graphics card driver, if that fails update your graphics card. game runs on opengl 3.0 and this error is caused by a failure to create a valid openGL context and window.

edit:
so version 19. whole bunch of stuff in it. I really dont have plans for version 20 at the moment and so i'll take a break. I'll let the fan suggestions flow and see if there's a conversation erupting in the near future with regards to the big 2-oh.
darkevilme
---

Postby Gutsman25 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:48 am

I am currently running into a problem running the game. A black box appears that states the following.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjg132 in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.lwjgl.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:97)
at org.lwjgl.Library.<clinit>(Library.java:48)
at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryUtil.<clinit>(MemoryUtil.java:56)
at org.lwjgl.system.libffi.Closure.<clinit>(Closure.java:57)
at vmo.Game.<init>(Game.java:102)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Gutsman25
New to the forum

Postby R3X » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:43 pm

Not an expert, but it sounds like a problem with your java, try update/repair/reinstall it
Don't Panic
R3X
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gutsman25 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Thank you for the help. Turns out that my security software mistakenly thought some of the files were hazardous and removed them when I attempted to unzip it. I did update java while I was at it though. So, thank you and have a nice day.
Gutsman25
New to the forum

Postby vayne358 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:18 pm

how do i use this npc spawner i see in the change log?
vayne358
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:23 pm

vayne358 wrote:how do i use this npc spawner i see in the change log?

it's not what you think it is. what it does is create non respawning groups of warriors from the elf and saurian factions in the central area. later it can probably be used to spawn uncommon enemies in other zones so you have a small chance of running into something in the jungle that is NOT a lamia or running into something in the valley that isn't a raptor.

It's a level gen tool, not a debug device that lets you spawn any npc in the game where you are.
darkevilme
---

Postby R3X » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:04 pm

so I've read about a new cv scene, but can't seem to find it, any hints ?
Don't Panic
R3X
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:22 pm

R3X wrote:so I've read about a new cv scene, but can't seem to find it, any hints ?

Hint: It's a feral enemy.

Or if you want to know outright,

Spoiler: show
Try checking out the Great Serpent.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby kyllion » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:07 am

Hey i'm loving the game but i've gotten stuck. So far i've been able to clear everything on the first planet but i can't seem to find 1 last computation device and have already killed all robots.
Do the robots respawn at some point so i can harvest more or is there some other spot i have missed?
Thanks in advance
kyllion
New to the forum

Postby RistinRitarit » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:28 am

I can't launch the game, this error just keep popping up and I don't know how to fix it. Help would be apreciated

[LWJGL] GLFW_API_UNAVAILABLE error
Description : WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL
Stacktrace :
org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1168)
org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1251)
vmo.Game.<init>(Game.java:130)
vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
RistinRitarit
New to the forum

Postby Evilpancake » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:14 am

RistinRitarit wrote:I can't launch the game, this error just keep popping up and I don't know how to fix it. Help would be apreciated

Stacktrace :

ya i was going to try this game but same thing here, oh well
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 19A

Postby darkevilme » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:25 am

RistinRitarit wrote:I can't launch the game, this error just keep popping up and I don't know how to fix it. Help would be apreciated

Stacktrace :

"WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL"
please update your graphics card drivers. if that doesn't work please use a computer that's less than a decade old.

Nomad is built to use OpenGL 3.1. which is not a significantly outrageous standard to ask for. In order for Nomad to support legacy openGL would require me to rewrite every part of the graphic's engine. I'm afraid that's a metric ton of work to support a small minority of extremely antiquated computers.

so yeah, my bad but if your computer physically can't support opengl 3.1 even with its most up to date drivers I cannot realistically do anything to change that for you.

kyllion wrote:Hey i'm loving the game but i've gotten stuck. So far i've been able to clear everything on the first planet but i can't seem to find 1 last computation device and have already killed all robots.
Do the robots respawn at some point so i can harvest more or is there some other spot i have missed?
Thanks in advance

you managed to clear the entirety of the ruins and the omnico factory of robots and you only got 9 computation valves?
also..umm, yeah uh... 0.0
apparently the robots do not respawn, i dunno how that happened...umm...fuck?
I'm gonna have to fix this I think >.>
I honestly didn't know I'd done this.

edit:
EMERGENCY PATCH INCOMING!

edit edit:
emergency patch deployed http://www.mediafire.com/file/9d9gbn0r779ajc4/Nomad_alpha_19A.zip
this patch adds more guaranteed computation valves to the ruins..and also re-attaches skin to the player >.> cause i apparently removed that from the starting character definition at some point in the last update or so without realizing it. so here, have your skin back.

sadly with the way nomad works the only way you can in fact have this change with an existing save (ie, the situation that kyllion would like) is to regenerate alpha minoris IIA..which, okay if you're willing to do it, just save while standing in the escape pod then close the game, delete alpha minoris iia.sav and then reload it. seeing the data is missing it should attempt to regenerate the entire moon from scratch. warning, anything not in your character's inventory will be lost doing this.
darkevilme
---

Postby Evilpancake » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:54 pm

darkevilme wrote:please update your graphics card drivers. if that doesn't work please use a computer that's less than a decade old.

wow that's a pretty douchbaggy thing to say, can't speak for the other guy but my computer is only a year old and i can run all the best games on max settings, AND my drivers are all up to date. So i don't know what the issue is but i really no longer care
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Evilpancake wrote:
darkevilme wrote:please update your graphics card drivers. if that doesn't work please use a computer that's less than a decade old.

wow that's a pretty douchbaggy thing to say, can't speak for the other guy but my computer is only a year old and i can run all the best games on max settings, AND my drivers are all up to date. So i don't know what the issue is but i really no longer care

Okay. I apologize for the assumption, and the fact that sometimes I can come across as a bit of an asshole. It was based on prior experience what is most likely true when an initialization error comes up in nomad. Seen as that is seemingly not the case I need to do some further investigation. Apologies. And we'll see if I can work out what's gone wrong, if you or the other guy could provide at least what sorta graphics card you have this might help. also what OS you're using...and... i'm looking into this now and this may be a while (this is some seriously arcane shit, why i ever started doing graphics programming i'll never know).

edit:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iif9ffreza6iilj/Nomad_experimental.zip experimental tweak to openGL initialization. I honestly can't say whether it will fix the problem or not due to the immense difficulty in testing it...also I'll be frank, when it comes to openGL configuration options I am not a master.. I kludged together something that worked when I started building this engine and I used it since. I don't entirely know what I'm doing when it comes to changing the initialization options.

edit edit:
So looking this up on google it's a surprisingly uncommon error. I can find some people complaining about it being a specific combo of windows 10 and the latest version of the nvidia driver, except i'm ON the latest nvidia driver on windows 10 and it still works on my machine. So that can't be it. There appears to be a suggestion that it's a combination of the vast number of poorly understood opengl window configuration options that may or may not be the problem hence my nomad experimental release above. But I don't bloody know and needless to say not having access to the combo of hardware on the machines of these guys it's going to be an absolute pain in the ass to systematically test.

So yeah. If the experimental version doesn't work I may not be able to fix this.
darkevilme
---

Postby kyllion » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks for the answer, i think i've found where I went wrong, during the clearing of the basement sometimes defeated robots would disappear before i could loot them, cause i had to finish off the androids next to them first, i probaply lost a few devices that way.
kyllion
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:07 pm

kyllion wrote:Thanks for the answer, i think i've found where I went wrong, during the clearing of the basement sometimes defeated robots would disappear before i could loot them, cause i had to finish off the androids next to them first, i probaply lost a few devices that way.

well you cant do interaction moves with things like fallen foes while hostiles are in view. this is kinda a way of handwaving the fact that some interactions, dismantling robots, fucking raptors, eating and digesting harpies..do take a fair amount of time and if they were in view i might have a player ask 'hey why are the other harpies just standing there calmly waiting politely for me to complete this dialogue where i am eating one of their number and digesting her?'

that being said. I've now guaranteed that in the 19A version there will be at least 10 computation valves in chests split between the ruins and factory.
darkevilme
---

Postby Red_Rudy_07 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:05 am

Minor glitch, not sure if it affects anyone else, but it seems equipped melee weapons don't work currently. They show up as in hand, but when I go to slug something with my junkmace or make with the stabbing with the knife It says I punch them and do punch level damage.
No error log for this one, sorry.
Red_Rudy_07
New to the forum

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 19B

Postby darkevilme » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Red_Rudy_07 wrote:Minor glitch, not sure if it affects anyone else, but it seems equipped melee weapons don't work currently. They show up as in hand, but when I go to slug something with my junkmace or make with the stabbing with the knife It says I punch them and do punch level damage.
No error log for this one, sorry.

prediction. you are using the experimental version.
notification. the experimental version is built off the code state as is in development where I am currently trying to improve combat moves yet again to allow the player more options for customization and combat.
Summation. The changes mentioned above have managed to break the ability of the game to detect in hand weapons...again, this isn't the first time.

edit:

and i was wrong. the change in question occured when I properly implemented grenades, which was update 19, so umm, i released 19 with a somewhat less than minor bug, so uh, damnit.

update fixes that issue, maybe, hopefully:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l53983mm4e8yzze/Nomad_alpha_19B.zip
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 19B

Postby runoff » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:51 pm

dont know if its just me but when i head into the mine in the lizard town the game crashes as well as when i head south of the elf village. even though ive been that direction before.
runoff
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game