Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2B

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:09 am

darkevilme wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:At one point I entered the Alchemests basement and came out, and everything was reset, I had to re-explore, and I lost my Space Winnebago in favor of the origional ship, but that was INSANELY crash prone.

*killbill siren sound*

1. that definitely should not happen...how the hell did that happen. The only time the world should reset is when moving between game versions. The thing is the way you managed to have it happen doesn't make any sense. The game loads worlds as a block containing all accessed files from a single file each. I'd get it if it conceivably failed to load or lost a file and you went back to AMIIA and it had reset. But there's no way nomad can have only one zone of AMII in memory unless it's the only zone you've ever visited on the planet. Which the basement is not. If anyone can figure out how to reproduce this that'd be grand.

2...the prospector is still crashing? same problem? or a different one? what's the error.log?

Ok, so I explored a bit, and I can safely say, that everything is exactly where its is in the un freaked out saves, my ship is still reset to the basic one...

Are you ready for the weird part, because its about to get weird.

The storage container in the basic ship, contains my inventory from my latest save. Not the glitched save I'm playing on, my most recent good save files character inventory is in a chest on the basic ship. I know because it has two of Neri's basement keys in it.

So everything is where it should be, except my ship, everything is blacked out but its in the right place, in the replacement ship I have a treasure chest from another dimension, and the game crashes when... ...

... I think I just figured out why the game is crashing. I think it's when I'm getting digested... My ship being gone means my regeneration tube is gone, it's trying to call a function it cant call anymore.

And to be clear, when I loaded the new version in for the first time, I was NOT in the escape pod. I was in the Space winnebago, in the elf village.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:30 am

it appears that starting a new game while one is in the pause menu of an extant save, then backpeddaling before any perks are assigned and pressing continue puts the player in the starter pod instead of where they left off
i didn't think to check any character details when this happened because i was busy trying to do something entirely different and merely misclicked on new game when i meant to continue
further testing is required but i'm busy writing up a guide for this game

also the techy youth perk seems disadvantaged by having a sum of only one increased skill

lastly, how welcome are suggestions for new chargen aesthetic features?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:it appears that starting a new game while one is in the pause menu of an extant save, then backpeddaling before any perks are assigned and pressing continue puts the player in the starter pod instead of where they left off
i didn't think to check any character details when this happened because i was busy trying to do something entirely different and merely misclicked on new game when i meant to continue
further testing is required but i'm busy writing up a guide for this game

also the techy youth perk seems disadvantaged by having a sum of only one increased skill

lastly, how welcome are suggestions for new chargen aesthetic features?

I'll look into the new game issue. Though what it should do if I understand my own code properly is you'd trick the system into starting a new game with no chargen perks selected. This is normally prevented as 'isPlaying' is only set when you reach the last stage of chargen. But if you start a new game from an extant game isPlaying will still be true letting you bypass that safeguard.

Techy youth gives you TECH. Tech is a skill that unifies crafting, repair, security and thus is a more valuable skill than any of the others. That's why you only get 1 rank of it from perks.

And suggestions of any kind are welcome, I just don't guarantee I'll act on them. There's a fair number of chargen steps now after all. But suggestions should with one exception always be made.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:06 am

aight coolio

so my first suggestion is to move the chargen features around so that aesthetic details and perk choices are separated. i don't know which group you'd feel should come first but my inclination is to be able to design the nomad visually and then allocate stats

as for additional steps, these are the two i can think of that would have the most impact:
- hair style, since there's already a list of styles in the macros folder
- height
there's things like eye color but that's not as noticeable

lastly i just wanted to suggest, like, dyed hair colors

EDIT:
i should also note that the two notes by the Battlefield's green ship are hidden under the ship's sprite. Maybe move them a tile east?
also, are there any plans to expand avei's alchemy stock? there's been plenty of additions to the consumables she could sell
and what's cleft fruit in the code supposed to be? the code is jsut a duplicate of pussy juice
also, the code for tadge oil looks weird to me but i'm not too familiar with it. does it drop size only if at 18 inches or if 18 inches and higher?

i also seem to have run into a bug i think from trying to run into a wall but not being able to actually go in that direction. it froze me in place for a while but i was able to reasset control

BIG EDIT: so how fucked is the continuity after you get eated by bea in the neri apology scene and reform
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:29 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:aight coolio

so my first suggestion is to move the chargen features around so that aesthetic details and perk choices are separated. i don't know which group you'd feel should come first but my inclination is to be able to design the nomad visually and then allocate stats

as for additional steps, these are the two i can think of that would have the most impact:
- hair style, since there's already a list of styles in the macros folder
- height
there's things like eye color but that's not as noticeable

lastly i just wanted to suggest, like, dyed hair colors

EDIT:
i should also note that the two notes by the Battlefield's green ship are hidden under the ship's sprite. Maybe move them a tile east?
also, are there any plans to expand avei's alchemy stock? there's been plenty of additions to the consumables she could sell
and what's cleft fruit in the code supposed to be? the code is jsut a duplicate of pussy juice
also, the code for tadge oil looks weird to me but i'm not too familiar with it. does it drop size only if at 18 inches or if 18 inches and higher?

i also seem to have run into a bug i think from trying to run into a wall but not being able to actually go in that direction. it froze me in place for a while but i was able to reasset control

BIG EDIT: so how fucked is the continuity after you get eated by bea in the neri apology scene and reform

1. good catch, i'll move the notes
2. additions to the consumables such as?
3. good catch, i suppose i could drop the fruit from the list now
4. it drops size faster if you're over 18 inches, by six at a time instead of 3 at a time
5. ??? that's weird
6. continuety fuckery level?...probably very fucked? we've got two guest writing contributions that are clashing here. but i suppose that was inevitable. I'll look into a way to cut this gordion knot at some point.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:50 am

i mean, you could just throw a "can't reform" onto that gameover but that feels like the shittiest solution.

as for avei's alchemy stock, i'm talking like bounce and citrullus mammattus. that kinda fancy shit

man, i had some more suggestions but i forgot them
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alphashows » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 am

Ok because I play melee, brave jump is a real fun and useful special move to have!
Makes fighting everything a lot easier, though it has some problems when used diagonally with impassable terrain and from corners though and can disjoint your hitbox from the player 'P'' icon when it jumps inside a wall/object. Using it again normally fixes it but sometimes you can't transition screen or attack enemies because the icon isn't where the game thinks you actually are. Not sure if that's explained well enough but it's easy to reproduce and with some fiddling you can make it through 1 tile walls into other corridors/rooms. It also aggros non-hostiles as it's technically an attack but that's not a big deal really.

Would it be possible for the player to get opportunity attacks when using melee too? It'd make fighting the enemies that run away a lot less of a hassle. Speaking of AOO, non-hostile npcs also still swing at you when you walk past them (Got eaten by an elf warrior while walking around town with low hp)

Finally, yeah... When I wrote those scenes I didn't know there was gonna be a reformer at all and it sort of throws a wrench in the works ahahaaaaa... ..Sorry for any extra work my bumbling has caused!
alphashows
New to the forum

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:39 am

listen dawg, they're great scenes. they made me want to kick neri's teeth in and i loved neri

we'll figure something out
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:48 am

alphashows wrote:Ok because I play melee, brave jump is a real fun and useful special move to have!
Makes fighting everything a lot easier, though it has some problems when used diagonally with impassable terrain and from corners though and can disjoint your hitbox from the player 'P'' icon when it jumps inside a wall/object. Using it again normally fixes it but sometimes you can't transition screen or attack enemies because the icon isn't where the game thinks you actually are. Not sure if that's explained well enough but it's easy to reproduce and with some fiddling you can make it through 1 tile walls into other corridors/rooms. It also aggros non-hostiles as it's technically an attack but that's not a big deal really.

Would it be possible for the player to get opportunity attacks when using melee too? It'd make fighting the enemies that run away a lot less of a hassle. Speaking of AOO, non-hostile npcs also still swing at you when you walk past them (Got eaten by an elf warrior while walking around town with low hp)

Finally, yeah... When I wrote those scenes I didn't know there was gonna be a reformer at all and it sort of throws a wrench in the works ahahaaaaa... ..Sorry for any extra work my bumbling has caused!

1. I'm still trying to figure out why move towards and move away sometimes fucks up. It's admittedly a bit of a low priority but I'm aware that occasionally the routine'll result in people becoming lost in time and space (note to self, include dimensional shamblers in nomad)

2. no..the way AOO is written precludes the player using it...in fact, it's strictly an npc on player thing and companions/hostile factions are immune to it from other npcs. I know this sounds a bit harsh, but I needed a low overhead way of doing it that was complicated but ultimately led to it being somewhat limited in application.

3...I can't reproduce that. and it should only enable it for NPCs if their faction itself is hostile to the player. NPCs don't register for being able to do it unless their faction is hostile to you, send me a save maybe?

4. no worries, we'll work something out.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:09 am

proposal:

bea replaces neri, drafted into the position since she offed the old greeter. she expresses surprise at the player coming back but sorta agrees she overreacted with you. she also explains that she technically earned neri's house but the place is just the exact opposite of where she wants to be so she just gives the key to the player and says it's yours for all she cares

and perhaps then she can be convinced to ingest the player anally

and i suppose a bed inside neri's place just for flavor would be neat

EDIT: if i were to toss everything I couldn't fit in my ship's storage box into a chest in awari's house, would it stay there until i was ready to take it back?

also defeat in space combat closes the game
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:49 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:proposal:

bea replaces neri, drafted into the position since she offed the old greeter. she expresses surprise at the player coming back but sorta agrees she overreacted with you. she also explains that she technically earned neri's house but the place is just the exact opposite of where she wants to be so she just gives the key to the player and says it's yours for all she cares

and perhaps then she can be convinced to ingest the player anally

and i suppose a bed inside neri's place just for flavor would be neat

EDIT: if i were to toss everything I couldn't fit in my ship's storage box into a chest in awari's house, would it stay there until i was ready to take it back?

also defeat in space combat closes the game

1. could work, I dun have the space on my plate to deal with it myself though.

2. ...nothing will take it away and I didn't put an interact is illegal on the faction rules for chests in the village. Honestly I put chests there only to mark out the location. As you can't see npcs who aren't in direct view I needed a way of letting the player identify each house and determine who is in it by making them visually distinct without LOS on the interior. That's why there's shelves, weird vase things, beds, and now chests in the corners. I put the chests cause I didn't want to add more to the tileset for the map at the time and I didn't think 'wait players will use awari's house as a storage location'

3. noted, I'll test and see if I can reproduce.
darkevilme
---

Postby alphashows » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 am

Yeah just ending up with the key in the aftermath seems like the way to go, not really a good house to 'inherit' to be fair.

The AOO for player was just thinking out loud, and I figured out the problem with the npcs, after loading the game from a save that has become hostile to a save that they aren't, the AOOs still come out as if they were.

Is there a sight radius for crime? When I smashed down the door for Neri's house the town turned on me, although I'm pretty sure there were no nearby npcs
alphashows
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:07 am

alphashows wrote:Yeah just ending up with the key in the aftermath seems like the way to go, not really a good house to 'inherit' to be fair.

The AOO for player was just thinking out loud, and I figured out the problem with the npcs, after loading the game from a save that has become hostile to a save that they aren't, the AOOs still come out as if they were.

Is there a sight radius for crime? When I smashed down the door for Neri's house the town turned on me, although I'm pretty sure there were no nearby npcs

it's just line of sight from any npc who is declared a witness by the faction rules for the location..though oddly i didn't put a range limit on it. as for the problem..hmm.....yeah you're being seen from off screen by someone, fun?

HA got it. there's something called the npc statblock library. this is to make the identical stats of most npcs have one common source, so all harpies only have the harpyness duplicated one time in the library..and this is the level where it determines whether an npc is a threat.

and it never resets that when loading or saving as the npc statblock library never needs to interact with the loading or saving(cause this data is static and never changes so doesnt need to be saved or loaded)..so yes, that'd do it.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm

entered the inner sanctum of zorr, got lodged in the wall, had to step out

EDIT: beat the elder thing when i had no damn right to, truant zombie angels be damned

i had neither clarity nor a healing item. just one dose of staid, an auto-pistol, the laser pistol and an axe

oh also here's a suggestion: a lactation perk you unlock the ability to unlock for defeating the mushroom momther
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2C

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:15 pm

and another update to fix bugs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwjxbtwl3yuplnp/Nomad%20alpha%20252C.zip?dl=0
contents:
turned inner sanctum door 90 degrees, tentative fix for resolve timeouts, fix for AoO and loading saves, buffed crossbow damage slightly, fixed inner sanctum thrall script, FIXED ship unearthing script.

this update is a smidge experimental though.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:17 am

i appear to be having a weird issue where if i move far enough into a map, every enemy will disappear. it somewhat seems to be tied to if i've cleared the place out before
so far it's happened the the mushroom girls and the robots in the ruins

my gut says it has to do with the seduction timeout change but i don't know

edit:

bugs:
- the starboard door on the crescent is not usable to leave. i think it was before but i can't do it anymore
- i submitted myself to laurisse and reformed. upon collecting my items, i was now without all my gold but i was able to pick my gold up. however, picking it up did not add it back to my wallet and pressing info on it crashed my game
- the scrollbar in the crafting menu changes color when it passes something you lack the perk to make

suggestions:
- a larger designated landing area for each sector the player is intended to be able to land in so ships of any size can land anywhere smaller ships are intended to land, unless a map genuinely has good reason for only being able to fit a smaller ship. i can't land the crescent in the fawnlands. i have to park in the the southern two sectors
- more enemies that stuff worth selling can be obtained from, like, say, armed opponents
- turning perk-unlock research into research that unlocks the ability to craft an injection to grant the perk instead. as it stands, the perks learned of from researching are pretty low priority compared to everything else and end up having to wait until well after they're found to get chosen
- diversify the number of widgets used to craft. it would make the crafting recipes a lot easier-organised and, if there were more widgets than could be put in a ship, then the workshops found in villages could be granted some of these and the otherwise-nigh-useless structures would finally have some merit

questions:
- since you've decided to use pounds and inches for measurement, do you mind if i drop the u from color and armor and shit like that when i'm touching up stuff. just the user-end stuff, none of the references behind the scenes
- how does the game handle multiple reformers?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:i appear to be having a weird issue where if i move far enough into a map, every enemy will disappear. it somewhat seems to be tied to if i've cleared the place out before
so far it's happened the the mushroom girls and the robots in the ruins

my gut says it has to do with the seduction timeout change but i don't know

edit:

bugs:
- the starboard door on the crescent is not usable to leave. i think it was before but i can't do it anymore
- i submitted myself to laurisse and reformed. upon collecting my items, i was now without all my gold but i was able to pick my gold up. however, picking it up did not add it back to my wallet and pressing info on it crashed my game
- the scrollbar in the crafting menu changes color when it passes something you lack the perk to make

I'll be investigating all these issues. especially if my attempt to fix resolve timeouts has had some severe side effects
suggestions:
- a larger designated landing area for each sector the player is intended to be able to land in so ships of any size can land anywhere smaller ships are intended to land, unless a map genuinely has good reason for only being able to fit a smaller ship. i can't land the crescent in the fawnlands. i have to park in the the southern two sectors
- more enemies that stuff worth selling can be obtained from, like, say, armed opponents
- turning perk-unlock research into research that unlocks the ability to craft an injection to grant the perk instead. as it stands, the perks learned of from researching are pretty low priority compared to everything else and end up having to wait until well after they're found to get chosen
- diversify the number of widgets used to craft. it would make the crafting recipes a lot easier-organised and, if there were more widgets than could be put in a ship, then the workshops found in villages could be granted some of these and the otherwise-nigh-useless structures would finally have some merit

1. I did not foresee that players were this allergic to walking and would treat their ship as a fast travel device on the level of zones (rather than necessary travel between planets) the landing screen was added when i made it possible to make the elves hostile so you could relocate the ship. I did not expect players to use it this much, and there's only two designated landing areas in all of nomad..dammath and minyos, anywhere else the game tries to find a spot large enough to accomodate the ship in the zone and plops it down...I don't intend to redesign all zones to accomodate this*..but I am aware some players want this option and I will say I am working on a way.
2. I'd put it on the todolist, but there's no room.
3. I am not sure entirely what you mean? do you mean you want more variety of ship board modules? and how would more ship board modules make the backup crafting benches in villages have merit as I'm not sure what you mean by 'granting' them these modules (i put them in considering some players would trash the one on the shuttle in order to have another module slot for some other purpose). a wooden hut in minyos can't have a ship board module for quite a few reasons. Unless you're wanting some kind of base building mechanic?
questions:
- since you've decided to use pounds and inches for measurement, do you mind if i drop the u from color and armor and shit like that when i'm touching up stuff. just the user-end stuff, none of the references behind the scenes
- how does the game handle multiple reformers?

1. I always figured inches were better for people measurements..at the same time I'm British though so I'm going to keep on spelling things British and a 'misspelling' bugs me. This may lead to edit wars so hold off on the spellings.
2. At the moment, whichever one you synchronized to first on the same planet would have precedence. It keeps a list of which machines you're synch'd to and when seeing if you can reform searches for one on the same 'entity' (ie a planet, ship or station) to reform you at. In future this will be slightly longer ranged and extend to ships within 1 tile of the entity as well. But in general it's in order of which you synch'd with last.

edit: footnote
* Because I'd have to put a 16 x 16 open space in these zones merely to handle ships up to 60x60 interior dimensions. that's...no it'd ruin the feel of all zones and seem artificial.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:36 am

ok so what i meant was, if you split the recipes so that different widgets could make different things, you could have too many different widgets to keep on one ship
then, you could place certain ones in the crafting huts, like a forge and anvil in dammath or a loom in minyos
the type of crafting station that comes with the shuttle would remain general-purpose

as for the landing zones, i see what you mean. i think then that i change my suggestion to "there is at least one place any ship can land per planet, unless specifically intended to only allow smaller ships"

and for the crafting perk injectors thing, i might actually be able to do that on my own time if i can get what i'm trying to accomplish with the mushroom mother to work
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2D

Postby darkevilme » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:04 am

update again...we're in one of those unstable periods.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/drkrlh7g442k4k0/Nomad%20alpha%20252D.zip?dl=0
contents:
Fix for not being able to pick up gold from item piles on the floor correctly
Fix for resolve timers resulting in critical existence failures
Fix for coloured list scrollbars
Added ability to conduct hull repairs
added but not tested new chargen steps (as a stop gap until i can organize the two series of phases into their own sequences accessible in any order, so you can fill out appearance, then background, or background then appearance, but only after both do you get to start playing)

unresolved issues:
can't reproduce not being able to use both portals of the crescent (should really rename it to that in the files, and get a better sprite)
somehow slayer has managed to duplicate Zin in the save they sent me. there's more than one of her now.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:32 am

it might have to do with the fact she went down in a couple of hits everywhere i took her
interacting with her, i had no means to get her back on her feet, so i just waited for her to despawn
she always came back when i left the zone
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game