Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2B

Postby darkevilme » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:11 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:ok so what i meant was, if you split the recipes so that different widgets could make different things, you could have too many different widgets to keep on one ship
then, you could place certain ones in the crafting huts, like a forge and anvil in dammath or a loom in minyos
the type of crafting station that comes with the shuttle would remain general-purpose

as for the landing zones, i see what you mean. i think then that i change my suggestion to "there is at least one place any ship can land per planet, unless specifically intended to only allow smaller ships"

and for the crafting perk injectors thing, i might actually be able to do that on my own time if i can get what i'm trying to accomplish with the mushroom mother to work

1. I think not. the crafting huts are a backup, seen as they don't actually cost me anything to include that they're not useful to players willing to sacrifice a module slot isn't important.

2.Actually, you're guaranteed to be able to land on the first visit. the first zone isn't generated before you land there, and it generates the landing area first...this means any zones which have fixed location or large prefabs should have fixed location landing zones to prevent the ship clipping into the temple of elemental evil and making it non functional.

3. With some this makes sense, CTF for instance..but with the pheremone dispersal ability you get from the shrooms it seems a bit dubious to let the player take a useful new skill without needing a perk for it. Unless it's only the first perk of many. Also, there's no ingredients suitable for the creation of mutators or such so that's why I haven't let you craft the things so far.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2D

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 am

just gonna note something i found: the option to anal vore a defeated zetamorph directs to unbirth0

anyways, here's a suggestion for the mutators: mutagenic chemicals you can find rarely in chests and perhaps more plentifully much later on. they'd make it harder to actually get the perk than just by mixing some shroompaste and herbs together in a syringe but they'd provide an alternate means of gaining perks that otherwise would be ignored for more useful ones

anyways thanks for listening to my suggestions but i'm getting a feeling i should lay off on the suggestions for now so i'll get back to fixing something up for the mushmom
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.2E

Postby darkevilme » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:15 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffvy8oho7l1pgss/Nomad%20alpha%20252E.zip?dl=0

minor fixes, guarantees for repair, fixed zetas, put back in the robosphere on the heavy.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:33 pm

hull repairs require more than two scrap to be in the player's inventory despite only using two
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:05 am

Why is the latest version still not destroying my world?

It just happily takes my save File and changes nothing.

Not spawning in the pod, not restructuing the cells, and the floors are still littered with boddies.

Though the corpses are dissapearing given time now... Begs the question as to whats happening to them, because robots cant rot, and I use non-lethal methods to dispach everyone else.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:15 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Why is the latest version still not destroying my world?

Not spawning in the pod, not restructuing the cells, and the floors are still littered with boddies.

Though the corpses are dissapearing given time now... Begs the question as to whats happening to them, because robots cant rot, and I use non-lethal methods to dispach everyone else.

latest version was mainly small changes that didn't add new content. also I haven't changed the format of things (253 WILL change the starsystem format) so i don't NEED to enforce a version shift...do people want me to do this with every version? It was more a when unavoidable tool to deal with dropping save data that couldn't be loaded than a 'every damned time' thing.

as for the 'corpses'. well, the seduced sorta..take care of their lust state and then vanish off. I managed to square the circle on making it so you couldn't severely break the villages with seduction by making it so non reforming npcs who get seduced and time out SHOULD reappear when you return to the zone. So if you seduce the shopkeeper, let her despawn and then go out and return she should reappear where as respawning npcs are treated as normal. not a perfect rule, but it makes some sense.

As for what's happening otherwise? maybe they slink off considering nomad is a somewhat peculiar verse where all shooting someone repeatedly with lasers does is deplete their stun points and leaves them weak and vulnerable. I leave ambigous questions of game mechanics. From a gameplay perspective it was best to have them not clog up the game world blocking everything so they needed to vanish. but at the same time unless I'm going to have the guards in all villages treat a teasing look as grievous major assault with a deadly weapon I need to do something about important or singular npcs being seduced and then vanishing.
Last edited by darkevilme on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:25 am

darkevilme wrote:

latest version was mainly small changes that didn't add new content. also I haven't changed the format of things (253 WILL change the starsystem format) so i don't NEED to enforce a version shift...do people want me to do this with every version? It was more a when unavoidable tool to deal with dropping save data that couldn't be loaded than a 'every damned time' thing.

as for the corpses. well, the seduced sorta..take care of their lust state and then vanish off. I managed to square the circle on making it so you couldn't violently break the villages with seduction by making it so non reforming npcs who get seduced and time out SHOULD reappear when you return to the zone. So if you seduce the shopkeeper, let her despawn and then go out and return she should reappear where as respawning npcs are treated as normal. not a perfect rule, but it makes some sense.

Well its just that you know, something don't exist for me that really should.

By the way I've been meaning to ask, did I get the ESP skill by defeating the Old One, and what does it do. Once I unlock it do I have to take other skills to get it to do anything, or does it not have a function right now?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:30 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
darkevilme wrote:

as for the corpses. well, the seduced sorta..take care of their lust state and then vanish off. I managed to square the circle on making it so you couldn't violently break the villages with seduction by making it so non reforming npcs who get seduced and time out SHOULD reappear when you return to the zone. So if you seduce the shopkeeper, let her despawn and then go out and return she should reappear where as respawning npcs are treated as normal. not a perfect rule, but it makes some sense.

Well its just that you know, something don't exist for me that really should.

By the way I've been meaning to ask, did I get the ESP skill by defeating the Old One, and what does it do. Once I unlock it do I have to take other skills to get it to do anything, or does it not have a function right now?

you get an ability to unlock psi potential once you defeat the elder thing. this lets you unlock two psionic move perks you can take subsequently...currently there's not a vast tree of psionic abilities, but I wanted to gate keep it with the investment of unlocking psi potential before you got to start shooting mind bullets at people.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:38 am

Discovered a new giltch.

I was battling a Harpy on a new play through, for the third or so time trying to do the whole "Take Me To Your Leader" bit, when she just suddenly ceased to exist.

She was there, and then she was gone. I almost wonder if the Corpse Remover erased her for being around too long.

Just happened again. This time I got in a fight with a Harpy, after giving another "Some Attention", and as the fight concluded the now freely moving non hostile harpy ceased to be.

Also when leveling up, it removes seduction from my main list of abilities and I have to F2 it again.
Last edited by 0Anesthetic4u on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:52 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Discovered a new giltch.

I was battling a Harpy on a new play through, for the third or so time trying to do the whole "Take Me To Your Leader" bit, when she just suddenly ceased to exist.

She was there, and then she was gone. I almost wonder if the Corpse Remover erased her for being around too long.

Just happened again. This time I got in a fight with a Harpy, after giving another "Some Attention", and as the fight concluded the now freely moving non hostile harpy ceased to be.

Also when leveling up, it removes seduction from my main list of abilities and I have to F2 it again.

...ah yeah, i think i forgot to have the clock reset when they're healed. fix coming.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:59 am

Also Also, Can we get some back story on where the origional Shuttle came from, cauze untill told otherwise I'm going to assume it belong to a particularly bad ass black mechanoid I have dubbed Bill.

EDIT: Why is there so much space on the bottom of this comment?

By the by, Mushroom Cave Glitch... Alive an well. Cant get to the lower part of the cave because its blocked off with rocks and Crystals.

Seriosuly I know its more work but make the cave rocks Smashable. It would seriously remove the necessity of even fixing this glitch.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:29 am

the smashable obstacles thing might be a little harder than just toggling an option

it's to my understanding that the cave rocks are tiles while smashable things like the Ruins machinery are widgets

now i may be clueless about most of how this game is made, but that sounds to me like something of an overhaul

in the meantime, save before entering caves so if you can't find the entrance to level two, reload the game and enter again so the map regenerates itself

question for dark:
why was clothing crafting removed again?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:question for dark:

I can't quite remember. I think it was when I re-organized the crafting lists the first time as part of re-working to make engineer archtypes more viable that I did it. And honestly I didn't think that many players WANTED to take the time to craft lingerie or medieval jacketses.

I mean, considering that most alien armour (for some peculiar reason) has no seduction penalty and such is there really a need for the player to make these things?

yes they've been taken out, but do we have a good reason to put them back in?
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:20 pm

well, at its core, no

it was just a means to an end and one of many possible solutions for a problem that maybe just i perceive. the removal took away an item of clothing that boosted seduction and i may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure it was the only item that did so, leaving armor predominantly just for boosting physical defenses and not much else
so it's less that i want to be able to craft the revealing outfit and more that i want to be able to have the sort of item the revealing outfit was: a sacrifice of defense for a boost to my primary means of attack
if such kinds of items are reintroduced and sold or found instead of made, that'd be just fine by me

it would feel like fabric would have a pretty limited use, though

another question: is there any way to be able to be able to include quotation marks in dialogue? when i tried all the way back with elven villagers, it just made the game crash so i had to come up with a tacky solution
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:the smashable obstacles thing might be a little harder than just toggling an option

it's to my understanding that the cave rocks are tiles while smashable things like the Ruins machinery are widgets

now i may be clueless about most of how this game is made, but that sounds to me like something of an overhaul

in the meantime, save before entering caves so if you can't find the entrance to level two, reload the game and enter again so the map regenerates itself

question for dark:

I am awear of that. I know. I know that it will be more work, and its not that simple, but to slay this dragon dead, nothing else has worked. This would kill it. Guarnteed.

It's had to have been over all more effort by this point trying to make it so the glitch doesn't happen, then it would be to just make it so the glitch can happen and not matter.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:47 pm

oh, i'm not trying to seem opposed to the idea, just trying to let you know such a fix won't come too soon with all the other stuff on dark's plate
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:another question: is there any way to be able to be able to include quotation marks in dialogue? when i tried all the way back with elven villagers, it just made the game crash so i had to come up with a tacky solution

XML doesn't like you using double quotes that way, it confuses it. so give " a try. this is a way of sorta slipping it under the radar. cause otherwise you're closing and re-opening an attribute in a way that confuses the ever loving fuck out of XML.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 pm

cool. i'd tried to to do it like the <page>s did it so the offending text was contained within a <choice destination="sexmurderthenparty"></choice> by a <text></text> but that didn't fly
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:30 pm

Did the ammount to dig up the ship increase because I have over 7000 gold and I still cant get them to dig up the ship. I just keep saying "This is going to be expensive" and then not giving them my money.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:31 pm

you should have a different conversation option available to actually talk about paying

what version are you rolling with?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game