Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.5

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:03 pm

darkevilme wrote:
Slayerhero90 wrote:i can't speak with 100% certainty but i do believe you're exploring the game in the wake of some sincere alterations to a lot of systems. some shit got broken

This. luckily most of these issues will be fixed next update.
A lot of underlying systems including the UI have been revamped.

edit:
update 255, see the changelog for details
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ove35om2int6k93/Nomad%20alpha%20255.zip?dl=0

beware this version might have some instabilities due to the change to stacking. Before ammo wouldn't stack, now it should..but this may cause some issues with reloading, etc etc.

[EDIT]Upon further testing, I have found that the Seduction glitch I mention later in this post is not a result of Imported saves but of the current game version and is present no matter what. I downloaded a NEW copy of the Latest Nomad, deleted the old new version, extracted the new version, and started a New Game, how ever the glitch persists. Seduction is NOT selectable.[EDIT]

Well thats a bug... I have litterally nothing on me. Nothing equipped, nothing in my inventory... Weigh 29 pounds though.

EDIT

Boy you weren't kidding when you said instability.

Seduction doesn't work. Hot keying seduction results in regular attacks, and going through the Other menu to Domination, resutls in STRIKING the enemy even when a sword is equiped.

And saves seem to only load once before becomming corrupted.

Edit

Damn son. Deleted the saves, then Re-inported them. Now hitting Domination activates USE.

So old files are just HOSED in this version...

But I don't want to start from Scratch, I litterally found 5 Citrullus Mammtuls in my current save! What are the odds that that will happen again?

Is there any way to import just my Appearance?

Edit: I hesitate to do this, but as the current version has such a catastrophic glitch I've keep playing the old version, and so I have a Bug report that may be obsolete in the newest version.

If you lose to the big Lixi, the Game locks up on the "Eaten By a Tail" line. It is unclickable. The game has to be closed to let you load a new.

Also the Poison Lixis can Cock you after being dead(sometimes you just go to 0 health and don't die though.). It is possible to defeat and consume the Poison Lixis, yet have their poison persist LONG after(Possibly infinitly in the right circumstances) and drain you over and over untill you are inevitably cocked. It is potentially infinitely because its timer seems to reset after escapeing from 0 health. I avoided being cocked 5 straight times after the Lixi was dead, and the poison never wore off.

Poison Lixis seem rather OP. They can do more damage then the big ones, attack enmass, and appear out of nowhere. If you get hurt, they will hunt you down in a Huge pack, and escape is near impossible.

... Am I a pain? I feel like I post a Ton in this thread, and most of it is problems, or suggestions, and I can understand how annoying that could potentially be.
Last edited by 0Anesthetic4u on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ThotPrime » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:06 am

Been wondering is there anyway to full screen this at all? or at least up the size a bit ?
ThotPrime
New to the forum

Postby GrayLotus » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:13 am

JoebidenBoon wrote:Been wondering is there anyway to full screen this at all? or at least up the size a bit ?

I'm not sure about fullscreen, but you can increase the window size by editing the config.txt in the assets folder. Change the 'screenscale' value to something higher than the base 0.8 and the window will be larger next time you run the game.

(Main Nomad Folder)/assets
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:46 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
darkevilme wrote:
Slayerhero90 wrote:i can't speak with 100% certainty but i do believe you're exploring the game in the wake of some sincere alterations to a lot of systems. some shit got broken

This. luckily most of these issues will be fixed next update.
A lot of underlying systems including the UI have been revamped.

edit:
update 255, see the changelog for details
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ove35om2int6k93/Nomad%20alpha%20255.zip?dl=0

beware this version might have some instabilities due to the change to stacking. Before ammo wouldn't stack, now it should..but this may cause some issues with reloading, etc etc.

[EDIT]Upon further testing, I have found that the Seduction glitch I mention later in this post is not a result of Imported saves but of the current game version and is present no matter what. I downloaded a NEW copy of the Latest Nomad, deleted the old new version, extracted the new version, and started a New Game, how ever the glitch persists. Seduction is NOT selectable.[EDIT]

Well thats a bug... I have litterally nothing on me. Nothing equipped, nothing in my inventory... Weigh 29 pounds though.

EDIT

Boy you weren't kidding when you said instability.

Seduction doesn't work. Hot keying seduction results in regular attacks, and going through the Other menu to Domination, resutls in STRIKING the enemy even when a sword is equiped.

And saves seem to only load once before becomming corrupted.

Edit

Damn son. Deleted the saves, then Re-inported them. Now hitting Domination activates USE.

So old files are just HOSED in this version...

But I don't want to start from Scratch, I litterally found 5 Citrullus Mammtuls in my current save! What are the odds that that will happen again?

Is there any way to import just my Appearance?

Edit: I hesitate to do this, but as the current version has such a catastrophic glitch I've keep playing the old version, and so I have a Bug report that may be obsolete in the newest version.

If you lose to the big Lixi, the Game locks up on the "Eaten By a Tail" line. It is unclickable. The game has to be closed to let you load a new.

Also the Poison Lixis can Cock you after being dead(sometimes you just go to 0 health and don't die though.). It is possible to defeat and consume the Poison Lixis, yet have their poison persist LONG after(Possibly infinitly in the right circumstances) and drain you over and over untill you are inevitably cocked. It is potentially infinitely because its timer seems to reset after escapeing from 0 health. I avoided being cocked 5 straight times after the Lixi was dead, and the poison never wore off.

Poison Lixis seem rather OP. They can do more damage then the big ones, attack enmass, and appear out of nowhere. If you get hurt, they will hunt you down in a Huge pack, and escape is near impossible.

... Am I a pain? I feel like I post a Ton in this thread, and most of it is problems, or suggestions, and I can understand how annoying that could potentially be.

1. this is what i get for posting the update late at night without complete testing just cause fixes for several common ui bugs are present in it.
2. the seduction thing is cause i changed a boolean value from false to true on the mode 'special' as part of my fiddling to try and stop you from being able to click through to the action button while messing with the drop box for action selection that it creates when clicked...this was stupid of me, fix coming.
3. don't know why your inventory got lost. i got my inventory to port okay when i ported an older save just now.
4. problem found and fixed with lixi worker
5. yeah they shouldn't be able to return from digestion or defeat to get you when you're hit with that.
6. poison lasts 120 ticks, doing 4 damage every 10 ticks. assuming you never manage to roll an endurance check over DC 15 which it checks every 10 ticks. if you do you immediately remove the poison effect. so yes if you never make the roll they can inflict significant damage. It might be time to start having stores sell antidote items or drop their damage back down to 2 per tick. though implementing them will take me a bit of time.
7. no not a pain, the bugs need fixing after all.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:52 am

darkevilme wrote:1. this is what i get for posting the update late at night without complete testing just cause fixes for several common ui bugs are present in it.
2. the seduction thing is cause i changed a boolean value from false to true on the mode 'special' as part of my fiddling to try and stop you from being able to click through to the action button while messing with the drop box for action selection that it creates when clicked...this was stupid of me, fix coming.
3. don't know why your inventory got lost. i got my inventory to port okay when i ported an older save just now.
5. yeah they shouldn't be able to return from digestion or defeat to get you when you're hit with that.
6. poison lasts 120 ticks, doing 4 damage every 10 ticks. assuming you never manage to roll an endurance check over DC 15 which it checks every 10 ticks. if you do you immediately remove the poison effect. so yes if you never make the roll they can inflict significant damage. It might be time to start having stores sell antidote items or drop their damage back down to 2 per tick. though implementing them will take me a bit of time.

So is that going to be retroactively integrated into the existing link for the most recent version, or are we waiting on an update.

And what of the Save Corruption issues. In the new version you can load off an old save once, then it is corrupted.

It seems though that creating a NEW save based on Old Data works and will load without issue, so It's not the biggest issue I suppose.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.5A

Postby darkevilme » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:02 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
darkevilme wrote:1. this is what i get for posting the update late at night without complete testing just cause fixes for several common ui bugs are present in it.

So is that going to be retroactively integrated into the existing link for the most recent version, or are we waiting on an update.

And what of the Save Corruption issues. In the new version you can load off an old save once, then it is corrupted.

It seems though that creating a NEW save based on Old Data works and will load without issue, so It's not the biggest issue I suppose.

1. new version. the cat is sorta out of the bag, replacing the link would be not owning up to my mistakes.
2. Not going to address that urgently, it's not a priority issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuv4btelz7hkyvr/Nomad%20alpha%20255A.zip?dl=0
bugfix, mostly for the seduction no longer being usable. See changelog for details.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:16 am

darkevilme wrote:So is that going to be retroactively integrated into the existing link for the most recent version, or are we waiting on an update.

1. new version. the cat is sorta out of the bag, replacing the link would be not owning up to my mistakes.
2. Not going to address that urgently, it's not a priority issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuv4btelz7hkyvr/Nomad%20alpha%20255A.zip?dl=0
bugfix, mostly for the seduction no longer being usable. See changelog for details.[/quote]

I have to point out that most definantly you can get cocked by dead lixis. I was healing up in a corner with 14 health after fighting a regular Lixi, when a poison one appeared out of thin air, and poisoned me before being sumarily dispatched. I then did the whole unbirth one just to use the most "Official" kill and not the "Devour" one. Seconds later it re materilised and cocked me on the first try.

thats 30 minutes of spelunking down the toilet.

Should a hard saved.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:22 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:I have to point out that most definantly you can get cocked by dead lixis. I was healing up in a corner with 14 health after fighting a regular Lixi, when a poison one appeared out of thin air, and poisoned me before being sumarily dispatched. I then did the whole unbirth one just to use the most "Official" kill and not the "Devour" one. Seconds later it re materilised and cocked me on the first try.

thats 30 minutes of spelunking down the toilet.

Should a hard saved.

and I'll point out I've added checks to make sure that the origin of a DOT has to be 'alive' now (ie, have positive resolve and health).
issue reported, fix provided. fix should work. ONWARDS TO GLORY
darkevilme
---

Postby faceclock2200 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:31 pm

So I started a new save with this latest update and I'm fairly certain there's something wrong with stacking. I pick up more scrap metal when I already have two in my inventory, the item moves to the bottom of my inventory like I got more of it but I still only have two.
faceclock2200
New to the forum

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 25.5B

Postby darkevilme » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:49 pm

faceclock2200 wrote:So I started a new save with this latest update and I'm fairly certain there's something wrong with stacking. I pick up more scrap metal when I already have two in my inventory, the item moves to the bottom of my inventory like I got more of it but I still only have two.

item in stacks should be stackable. attempt at a quick fix.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8oil6sdkf1sjsm4/Nomad%20alpha%20255B.zip?dl=0
darkevilme
---

Postby derpmcherp73 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:50 pm

Not sure if this bug has been brought up before, but the game thinks I still need to kill the robospheres guarding the bigger shuttle when I've already killed them. Can't get the shuttle because of it.

An unrelated albeit still irritating bug involves the crossbow. Not sure how I got it to happen, but clicking on it in my inventory whenever bolts were present caused the game to instantly crash. I could only equip, unequip, and drop it if I dropped all my bolts first.
derpmcherp73
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:55 pm

derpmcherp73 wrote:Not sure if this bug has been brought up before, but the game thinks I still need to kill the robospheres guarding the bigger shuttle when I've already killed them. Can't get the shuttle because of it.

An unrelated albeit still irritating bug involves the crossbow. Not sure how I got it to happen, but clicking on it in my inventory whenever bolts were present caused the game to instantly crash. I could only equip, unequip, and drop it if I dropped all my bolts first.

1. you've killed 4 robospheres?

2. interesting weird bug. I'm gonna investigate. If only cause this is the first time anyone has said they're actually using the crossbow.
investigated. can't reproduce. without an error.log I can't isolate the problem.
darkevilme
---

Postby derpmcherp73 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:10 pm

darkevilme wrote:
derpmcherp73 wrote:Not sure if this bug has been brought up before, but the game thinks I still need to kill the robospheres guarding the bigger shuttle when I've already killed them. Can't get the shuttle because of it.

1. you've killed 4 robospheres?

2. interesting weird bug. I'm gonna investigate. If only cause this is the first time anyone has said they're actually using the crossbow.
investigated. can't reproduce. without an error.log I can't isolate the problem.
1. I faintly recall killing only three of the robospheres, but the fourth one was nowhere to be found when I was playing last night. A message came up saying that a robosphere's deflector shield went down when I re-entered the cave to double check that they were all gone, but it wasn't even hiding behind the shuttle.

2. Managed to recreate it. Here's my error.log:
Spoiler: show
system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
deleting folder temp
deleting file Alpha Minoris II.sav
deleting file Alpha Minoris.sav
deleting file Auriga.sav
deleting file Cephei.sav
deleting file Forakis.sav
deleting file player.sav
deleting file verse.sav
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: item.ItemAmmo cannot be cast to item.instances.ItemDepletableInstance
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.CanReload(InventoryScreen.java:863)
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.GenDropDown(InventoryScreen.java:813)
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.Callback(InventoryScreen.java:881)
at gui.lists.List.ClickEvent(List.java:156)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:86)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:334)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:312)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
derpmcherp73
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:23 pm

derpmcherp73 wrote:1. I faintly recall killing only three of the robospheres, but the fourth one was nowhere to be found when I was playing last night. A message came up saying that a robosphere's deflector shield went down when I re-entered the cave to double check that they were all gone, but it wasn't even hiding behind the shuttle.

2. Managed to recreate it. Here's my error.log:
Spoiler: show
system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6
deleting folder temp
deleting file Alpha Minoris II.sav
deleting file Alpha Minoris.sav
deleting file Auriga.sav
deleting file Cephei.sav
deleting file Forakis.sav
deleting file player.sav
deleting file verse.sav
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: item.ItemAmmo cannot be cast to item.instances.ItemDepletableInstance
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.CanReload(InventoryScreen.java:863)
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.GenDropDown(InventoryScreen.java:813)
at playerscreens.InventoryScreen.Callback(InventoryScreen.java:881)
at gui.lists.List.ClickEvent(List.java:156)
at input.MouseHook.update(MouseHook.java:86)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:334)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:312)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)

1. killed the one in the crescent ship?

So apparently you've created a raw reference to item ammo in the inventory (Should never happen, you should only get item depletable instance as it says, or a stack). not sure how you managed that. Did you take them from a stack or something? this is a big deal. how did you create this thing?
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:05 am

darkevilme wrote:1. killed the one in the crescent ship?

Eh hem, It's called the Space Winnebago.

I thought we were all in agreement on this.

Everyone being me.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby derpmcherp73 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:06 pm

So apparently you've created a raw reference to item ammo in the inventory (Should never happen, you should only get item depletable instance as it says, or a stack). not sure how you managed that. Did you take them from a stack or something? this is a big deal. how did you create this thing?

1. Was not aware that you could go inside the ship. I'll have to mess around with it more later, but I think that may be the problem.

2. I did take the bolts from a stack. When I was buying ammo for the crossbow, I wasn't sure how much ammo each bundle held so I ended up buying 10 of them at once. This created a stack of 10 bolts bundles in my inventory, and just before going out to fight some things I decided to store 7 of the bundles and take 3 with me, thus taking them out of the stack.
derpmcherp73
New to the forum

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:53 am

derpmcherp73 wrote:

1. Was not aware that you could go inside the ship. I'll have to mess around with it more later, but I think that may be the problem.

2. I did take the bolts from a stack. When I was buying ammo for the crossbow, I wasn't sure how much ammo each bundle held so I ended up buying 10 of them at once. This created a stack of 10 bolts bundles in my inventory, and just before going out to fight some things I decided to store 7 of the bundles and take 3 with me, thus taking them out of the stack.

Not killing the robot in the ship is deffinantly the problem.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:09 am

Ok, so I've been wondering this for ever, what is the point of the Interplanetary reactor?

It seems to process fuel EXACTLY as efficiently as a fuel tank.

It burns what I assume is 1.333- fuel per square traveled so every 3 squares you use 4 fuel.

And before you ask I'm not using the Interplanetary Reactor in Conjunction with a Fuel Tank or a Regular Reactor.

Also I think the Mushroom Milk Injection should be locked in the current version of the game. It takes real resources to craft a useless item.

Lastly there seems to be a glitch with the Chests in this Version. I think that is what caused me to have 20 something weight while being completely empty.

Though currently this has been VERY benificial, as the Cargo Container just decided that it was going to stop tallying weight at some point and will only infrequently increase weight when something is added to it.

I think I currently have something on the order of 500 pounds in one chest.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:18 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Ok, so I've been wondering this for ever, what is the point of the Interplanetary reactor?

It seems to process fuel EXACTLY as efficiently as a fuel tank.

It burns what I assume is 1.333- fuel per square traveled so every 3 squares you use 4 fuel.

And before you ask I'm not using the Interplanetary Reactor in Conjunction with a Fuel Tank or a Regular Reactor.

Also I think the Mushroom Milk Injection should be locked in the current version of the game. It takes real resources to craft a useless item.

Lastly there seems to be a glitch with the Chests in this Version. I think that is what caused me to have 20 something weight while being completely empty.

Though currently this has been VERY benificial, as the Cargo Container just decided that it was going to stop tallying weight at some point and will only infrequently increase weight when something is added to it.

I think I currently have something on the order of 500 pounds in one chest.

1. the interplanetary reactor doubles the ships fuel efficiency. your observations are in error.
Code: Select all
I used an avenger with and without it to move 3 tiles. fuel cost with 4.5 units. fuel cost without 9 units. which matches the default fuel efficiency of the avenger being 3 units per tile.

2. Fair point, I'll block it off for next update. though currently it's one of the only uses for mutagen in the game. there's no 'more important' uses for it as I haven't transferred over the zetamorph research to require mutagen instead of a perk point to unlock the ability.
3. cargo containers, again?..joy, i'll investigate.
darkevilme
---

Postby nuggholio » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:11 pm

i've only just started the game but i can only pick up 2x of an item, no more than that.
the game will pick the item up, count the weight it would use, then not give it to me if i already have 2 of it.
nuggholio
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game