Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0P

Postby Jack » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:38 am

Something else on this topic.
When people want to design new content for this game in form of encounters, it might be helpful to make it easier for them to implement such ideas.
At the moment, it is a bit tough for not-programmers to keep an overview about their scenes, what they have to write and what they already did.
For myself, I made a little overview with Power Point to keep track of it.
But if you could provide a simple tool for this purpose, it might encourage people more to add to this game.

Spoiler: show

On another note, I did not quite get what you meant by your last addendum, DarkEvilMe.
Is it a problem, that the game is based on nutrients to work, and characters who do not perform oral vore somewhat regularly will starve?
Tranquility breeds strength.
Jack
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:58 am

Jack wrote:On another note, I did not quite get what you meant by your last addendum, DarkEvilMe.
Is it a problem, that the game is based on nutrients to work, and characters who do not perform oral vore somewhat regularly will starve?

something like what this guy was talking about
That1guy wrote:Also, I have figured out that using oral vore makes managing your nutrient level (and in extension your health significantly easier), yet that makes that single playstyle much more convenient than the rest. I still think that health regeneration is a bit slow, and I think it would be good to have a sleep or rest action of some kind that you can use in safe areas, which has higher health regeneration rate in exchange for draining more nutrient. This would make waiting when low on health more bearable.

because high nutrient levels are required to get regeneration the game favours those who pred as they are easily capable of keeping their nutrient levels sufficiently high to get regeneration where as prey players find such things more difficult.

So I need to balance things so prey players aren't forced to play on hard mode in comparison to pred players.

One possible way is to have taking predation result in ones nutrient decay rate and regeneration increasing. Such that the pred player regens even quicker but finds it equally as hard as the prey player to stay satiated.

A logic breaking approach would be to make vore purely flavour and therefore result in no increase in nutrients. but you'd think digesting someone'd give nutrients so that'd be silly.

and then one comes to sexual vore types and the question of what reward they're supposed to give for their use. wouldn't make sense for them to give nutrients the same way.
darkevilme
---

Postby Jack » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:08 am

Hmm.
If the issue is that oral vore gives a bonus which is somewhat important for the gameplay, you could also make it more easy for other players to acquire this as well.
For example, have enemies drop regular food as loot after they have been defeated.
It could have low value, so the oral predators do not gain much of selling it, but it might solve the issue with the nutrient management for the other players.
On the downside, it will make keeping a high level of nutrients ridiculously easy for oral vore players.

(Edit: Or you could split the players into three categories: Herbivores, carnivores and omnivores. Depending on which the player picks at the start of the game, they will get only nutrients from normal food, only from living prey or a bit from both.)

A different approach could be to make regular food easy to obtain in towns, so players can prepare better before they head out into the wilderness.
The starting zone would still be a bit rough, but small caches of food could be spread around the landscape to make up for it - and thereby also reward for exploring the map.

Then again, you could keep food somewhat scarce to keep the aspect of careful food management, but give it higher nutritious value than prey.
For example a box of apples instead of just one as a single item, industrialized food for space travel with a very high nutritious value, things like that.
Predators who still do not want to fall back on the regular food (because oral vore will still provide satiation, even if not as much) could probably take a perk on level up, which enables them to process their prey better.
Tranquility breeds strength.
Jack
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby komaru » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:23 pm

I return, for now!

Bad news, my Centauress really did not work out at all, and what I have was from like 6 versions ago >.>, thus I have decided to scrap her for now.

Good news, I have decided to get somewhat ambitious and have already started work on an entire section of the universe, since the March to Space is underway, I figure I might as well get ahead of the curve! Just doing up a few basic monsters now, and I just had a quick question:

Aside from modifying attack damage if it's the "bonus modifier" for an attack, what do different stats do?

I mean, I assume Endurance gives some benefit to HP and/or defense, Agility or Dex probably gives some kind of dodge chance? Just want to make sure so I can try to tailor the stats a bit!
komaru
???

Postby darkevilme » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:45 pm

I think for npcs currently the stats don't actually do anything as i put in means to directly manipulate all the values derived from them. Yeah this is one of those things about entering a project with no roadmap. the number system underneath the game is a little cockeye at the moment due to iterative changes.

all npc attributes and 'stats' (meaning health, resolve) can now be set directly. Don't worry about the ability scores.

also. very cool to hear you're building your own planet Komaru. That's kinda what I wanted to facilitate with the way i was building nomad. An open world experience into which content could easily be added.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:47 pm

Excellent, thanks!
komaru
???

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0Q

Postby darkevilme » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:45 am

new update out: the late christmas update, now with power and approval from this guy
darkevilme
---

Postby Rashdolphin » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:31 pm

i have been able play the older versions but now i cant, i clicked the run file and it ran it but it said that the "GLFW_Version_Unavaliable" anyone know what this means?
Rashdolphin
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:53 pm

I updated to lwjgl 3 a version or 3 back, originally to make use of a font tool..but the tool didnt work so i made my own font tool and now the update to lwjgl 3 i think merely makes the game more likely to work on windows 10. But lwjgl 3 uses GLFW..that being said, a google search didn't result in any solid hits. so i got nothing. if anyone can find an answer to this problem feel free to enlighten me.
darkevilme
---

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Loading saves crash the game now for me. Also what did the Christmas update add exactly? o.o
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:54 pm

use version 0QA. I re-enabled the error reporting. or send me the save files. or just tell me what you did before saving and I'll dupe the steps on my end.

as for what's in the christmas update:
...a fair chunk of stuff. so i might forget a few. the big one though was.
SPACETRAVEL.
Okay, there's no where important to actually head to. but the goal i set for the player of being able to leave alpha minoris IIA can be attained. To get this done required...more work than i care to contemplate even in recollection on my end. Crafting, space navigation, ship systems..lots of stuff.

Also I added one exploration reward of a planned three to alpha minoris IIA.
darkevilme
---

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:20 pm

darkevilme wrote:use version 0QA. I re-enabled the error reporting. or send me the save files. or just tell me what you did before saving and I'll dupe the steps on my end.

as for what's in the christmas update:
...a fair chunk of stuff. so i might forget a few. the big one though was.
SPACETRAVEL.
Okay, there's no where important to actually head to. but the goal i set for the player of being able to leave alpha minoris IIA can be attained. To get this done required...more work than i care to contemplate even in recollection on my end. Crafting, space navigation, ship systems..lots of stuff.

Also I added one exploration reward of a planned three to alpha minoris IIA.
You can literally just start a new game and save without doing a single thing and it will crash when you load. Should be pretty simple to to dupe. XD
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0QB

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:36 pm

whoops. Fixed..now, hopefully, with 0QB.
darkevilme
---

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:48 pm

leveling up crashes it
don't know if it's just me
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0QC

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:25 pm

not just you. so i fixed it.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0QC

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:37 pm

thanks
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0QD

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:23 pm

how do I unlock the pred perk? and also just a tip why not put a really weak monster in the area where the shuttle is cus the monsters right now are a wee bit to tough just saying
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:55 pm

the pred perk has no dependencies thus far beyond that you get enough exp to level up. the harpies are easily beaten if you put the jumpsuit on for protection from their claws...also if i hadn't emptied the laser pistol battery for testing purposes and forgot to re-enable it. Anyway that fix is coming. That being said its quite possible the monsters are rather too tough. Balancing has not yet occured.

Adding a new monster would require me to write more content and I have enough new content on the todolist I haven't gotten around to doing yet. Feel free to write your own weak monsters for the area around the shuttle though.

edit:
also the combat system is probably not very good. so suggestions for tweaks to that are as appreciated as balancing suggestions.
Last edited by darkevilme on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkevilme
---

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:00 pm

I will try to do that wha file has the monster maker program in it or what ever it's called
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

there's no monster maker. all the monsters and their smut scenes are defined in plain xml files and it should be relatively straight forward to write your own.

While a monster maker program would be nice to have...I have enough on my plate just with the current feature list for the main game so that'll have to be something made by another as I don't have time to even finish the main game in a timely fashion let alone engage in such a side project.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game