Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 29.0

Postby TheOutsiderCaracal » Fri May 25, 2018 5:20 am

Hello,

I've recently started to play this game and i'm really enjoying it so far !

Although I have some questions about the save files.

If I download a newer version, will I loose my progress if I put it at the place of the old one ?
Is the "transfer" file category here to avoid that issue ?
How does it work ?

ps: You've done a really great job !
TheOutsiderCaracal
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:50 am

CrazedF wrote:Hello,

If I download a newer version, will I loose my progress if I put it at the place of the old one ?
How does it work ?

okay. Now I'm settled back in after a holiday.
You will lose, some of your progress. The way nomad is built it can't retain your progress in quests, locations cleared and etc between major versions (ones where the number changes). due to it needing to regenerate the game world in order to put new stuff in.
However nomad will let you retain your characters levels, inventory, etc. As that stuff doesn't need to be regen'd to allow access to new content.

Also nomad will let you retain your ship..sometimes. There's points in the changelog where I'll note i break that compatability. but ordinarily if you're on your ship, and it's in space (this bit is important) and you make your save..then if you load your save in another version your ship will still be present, though it'll be moved to the edge of the starting system(make sure you got a full tank).

ps: thanks, always nice to have this stuff appreciated.
darkevilme
---

Postby TheOutsiderCaracal » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 am

darkevilme wrote:
CrazedF wrote:Hello,

How does it work ?

okay. Now I'm settled back in after a holiday.
You will lose, some of your progress. The way nomad is built it can't retain your progress in quests, locations cleared and etc between major versions (ones where the number changes). due to it needing to regenerate the game world in order to put new stuff in.
However nomad will let you retain your characters levels, inventory, etc. As that stuff doesn't need to be regen'd to allow access to new content.

Also nomad will let you retain your ship..sometimes. There's points in the changelog where I'll note i break that compatability. but ordinarily if you're on your ship, and it's in space (this bit is important) and you make your save..then if you load your save in another version your ship will still be present, though it'll be moved to the edge of the starting system(make sure you got a full tank).

ps: thanks, always nice to have this stuff appreciated.
Ha ok I think that I got it.
However I can't tell the difference between the regular saves , and the "transfer" one.
Is it the only thing from your saves that stays when you download a newer version of the game on top of the older one (same place in the hard disc)?
TheOutsiderCaracal
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:15 pm

TheOutsiderCaracal wrote:Ha ok I think that I got it.
However I can't tell the difference between the regular saves , and the "transfer" one.
Is it the only thing from your saves that stays when you download a newer version of the game on top of the older one (same place in the hard disc)?

There...isn't a difference?
All saves have a version number on them (it aligns with the numbers on the game releases) and if this number is different it will attempt to transfer the save. After that save normally. Any save from another version of the game will be subject to the transfer effect of new game plus.
darkevilme
---

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Is there a turtorial or walkthrough for how to do a lot of the stuff in the current version? I'm hearing stuff about Freehaven and catgirl pirates and such but I got no idea even how to properly use the FTL drive... Maybe a map too would be nice :p
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby TheOutsiderCaracal » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 am

darkevilme wrote:
TheOutsiderCaracal wrote:Ha ok I think that I got it.

There...isn't a difference?
All saves have a version number on them (it aligns with the numbers on the game releases) and if this number is different it will attempt to transfer the save. After that save normally. Any save from another version of the game will be subject to the transfer effect of new game plus.

Ok, thank you very much !
TheOutsiderCaracal
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Jacob the espeon wrote:Is there a turtorial or walkthrough for how to do a lot of the stuff in the current version? I'm hearing stuff about Freehaven and catgirl pirates and such but I got no idea even how to properly use the FTL drive... Maybe a map too would be nice :p

Walkthroughs aren't being kept up to date. But if you want to use the FTL engine. Be flying in the solar view. Go to system panel (there's a button for it) go to the nav panel (ditto) then click warp. You'll need a few things for this (valid destination, be far enough away from the star or you won't have enough energy to jump, have a source of ENERGY like a generator) and to press space to wait on the spot when prompted.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 29.2A

Postby PlanktonV2 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:14 pm

accidentally lost the starting laser pistol how do I get it back or spawn it in my inventory?
PlanktonV2
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:53 pm

PlanktonV2 wrote:accidentally lost the starting laser pistol how do I get it back or spawn it in my inventory?

you'd need to edit a container on the first world to contain one and do a new game plus.
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
         <randprefab width="5" height="5">
            <row>77277</row>
            <row>72227</row>
            <row>72227</row>
            <row>72227</row>
            <row>77777</row>
            <placeWidget x="1" y="3" name="chest">
               <lootTable>
                  <loot item="fighting staff" chance="1.0" />
                  <loot item="laser pistol" chance="1.0" />
                  <lootSubTable chance="1" file="consumable_tier_1" />
                  <lootSubTable chance="0.5" file="resource_tier_1" />
                  <lootSubTable chance="0.5" file="consumable_tier_1" />
                  <lootSubTable chance="0.15" file="mutators_tier_1" />
                  <lootSubTable chance="0.25" file="consumable_tier_1" />
               </lootTable>
            </placeWidget>
            <placeWidget x="3" y="3" name="modules/single bed" />
         </randprefab>

alas there isn't an easier way. i honestly didn't expect a player to lose the laser pistol somehow. Though at the same time I didn't expect them to not move to something with a bit more firepower.
darkevilme
---

Postby CACTUS42 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:26 pm

Can someone help me? I've downloaded the game but i have application to launch it... and i don't find how or what I should do
CACTUS42
New to the forum

Postby CACTUS42 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:31 pm

CACTUS42 wrote:Can someone help me? I've downloaded the game but i have application to launch it... and i don't find how or what I should do

for more info there's this error file:

system debug primary shader program id is 3
system debug shadow shader program id is 6

thx in advance.
CACTUS42
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm

CACTUS42 wrote:
CACTUS42 wrote:Can someone help me? I've downloaded the game but i have application to launch it... and i don't find how or what I should do

thx in advance.

You haven't at this point. Said what is going wrong. And that error.log could be from the spotcheck I do each time i bundle a new release where I make sure the game runs.

So you double click run.bat and the console window shows up. says something like.
C:\releases\Nomad>java -jar nomad.jar -Dorg.lwjgl.Sys.debug=true

Does it say anything else? maybe something about GLFW that'd indicate you lack openGL support?
Does the main game window pop up? The one with the logo and stuff.
Are you running on windows? cause I didn't test it on things that aren't windows.
I'm not being given enough information here I'm sorry. You're going to need to be a bit more clear about what you are doing, what is happening, and what is going wrong.
darkevilme
---

Postby CACTUS42 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:31 pm

darkevilme wrote:
CACTUS42 wrote:

thx in advance.

You haven't at this point. Said what is going wrong. And that error.log could be from the spotcheck I do each time i bundle a new release where I make sure the game runs.

So you double click run.bat and the console window shows up. says something like.
C:\releases\Nomad>java -jar nomad.jar -Dorg.lwjgl.Sys.debug=true

Does it say anything else? maybe something about GLFW that'd indicate you lack openGL support?
Does the main game window pop up? The one with the logo and stuff.
Are you running on windows? cause I didn't test it on things that aren't windows.
I'm not being given enough information here I'm sorry. You're going to need to be a bit more clear about what you are doing, what is happening, and what is going wrong.

it says that java cannot run the game(not surprised) so is there something i need? like a rpg maker or something like that? and i don't even have a window for launching the game so there's no game screen of course. sadly i'm not too confident with PCs soo i fear i don't know much.
CACTUS42
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 pm

CACTUS42 wrote:
it says that java cannot run the game(not surprised) so is there something i need? like a rpg maker or something like that? and i don't even have a window for launching the game so there's no game screen of course. sadly i'm not too confident with PCs soo i fear i don't know much.

you need the java runtime environment to run java applications http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html you'll also need opengl 3.0 support as Nomad despite looking like something out of the late 90s is built on an engine I wrote to teach myself modern opengl. Though for that all I can recommend is if it doesn't work, update your graphics driver..if it still doesn't work you might not have the oomph for the way the game is built i'm afraid.
darkevilme
---

Postby Schpadoinkle » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Ever since 292 using the capture system crashes the game.

I can make the capture orb just fine but if I use the machine to link them it crashes the moment I click interact.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GrayLotus » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:47 pm

Schpadoinkle wrote:Ever since 292 using the capture system crashes the game.

I can make the capture orb just fine but if I use the machine to link them it crashes the moment I click interact.

Would you be able to attach the error.log file from the main game directory? It should automatically generate a crash report if you run the game through the run.bat file. It's much easier to bug-fix with it.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Schpadoinkle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:45 am

GrayLotus wrote:

Would you be able to attach the error.log file from the main game directory? It should automatically generate a crash report if you run the game through the run.bat file. It's much easier to bug-fix with it.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: nomad.World cannot be cast to spaceship.Spaceship
   at widgets.capsules.WidgetCapsuleSystem.Interact(WidgetCapsuleSystem.java:66)
   at widgets.WidgetSlot.Interact(WidgetSlot.java:152)
   at view.ZoneInteractionHandler.Interact(ZoneInteractionHandler.java:164)
   at view.ViewScene.Click(ViewScene.java:508)
   at view.ViewScene.UpdateLogic(ViewScene.java:418)
   at view.ViewScene.Update(ViewScene.java:482)
   at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:327)
   at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:311)
   at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:47 am

Schpadoinkle wrote:
GrayLotus wrote:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: nomad.World cannot be cast to spaceship.Spaceship
   at widgets.capsules.WidgetCapsuleSystem.Interact(WidgetCapsuleSystem.java:66)
   at widgets.WidgetSlot.Interact(WidgetSlot.java:152)
   at view.ZoneInteractionHandler.Interact(ZoneInteractionHandler.java:164)
   at view.ViewScene.Click(ViewScene.java:508)
   at view.ViewScene.UpdateLogic(ViewScene.java:418)
   at view.ViewScene.Update(ViewScene.java:482)
   at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:327)
   at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:311)
   at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:9)

looking at this error.log I cannot help but ask. Could you show me a screenshot of this thing you think is a specimen containment system?
darkevilme
---

Postby MikhailOberchav » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:29 pm

still having a little trouble with the game, what's the best way to get fuel and energy for the ship? i managed to get to the elf planet but couldn't find more fuel to travel elsewhere, i also noticed i couldn't find a way into the cave on the first world. I'll keep exploring but i'm just a tad confused.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby Benevorlent » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:21 pm

MikhailOberchav wrote:still having a little trouble with the game, what's the best way to get fuel and energy for the ship? i managed to get to the elf planet but couldn't find more fuel to travel elsewhere, i also noticed i couldn't find a way into the cave on the first world. I'll keep exploring but i'm just a tad confused.

Info dump and kind-of-cheesy tips in the spoiler below
Spoiler: show
West, then west again from the elf village, you'll find some plains with akrosaurs (big dino's shown with a capital A) there. They're passive unless you stray too close to them. In those plains you'll find a cave where there'll be blue crystals, interact with the blue crystals to harvest them. Each blue crystal provides 1 point of fuel. Beware the bats in the cave.
Easiest way to get to the plains is to get to the most south-western part of the elf village, head west from there into the lamia plains, then head south into no man's land. There shouldn't be any hostile NPCs there, so you can walk through there without issue and once you reach the westernmost part of no man's land, you can head north then west again to get to the dino plains.
If you don't want to deal with the dinosaurs and bats, you can buy blue crystals from the shopkeeper in the elf village. It's 62.5 gold per crystal, and it's not too difficult to get up gold so you have enough fuel. If you don't have anything you're willing to sell though, you can head south into the Raptor plains and pick Deku Nuts there. The raptors I believe are the weakest of hostile mobs on that planet, but they like to group up to fight, so try to take them out one by one. There is a way to make them non-hostile, though.
If you seduce a raptor, you can then have sex with it. Might require a cock, not tested without one, sorry. Once you've fucked a raptor, they become neutral to you, only attacking if you attack first. They don't de-spawn and don't become hostile again when you leave and come back, so you can seduce and fuck a couple of raptors, retreat back to the village and rest, then head back in repeatedly to pacify the entire raptor population if you wish.
The elves love Deku nuts, and so each Deku nut you pick will sell for 100. 3 nuts will fetch you just under 5 blue crystals (300 gold from the nuts, 312.5 gold cost for the crystals)
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game