Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 18C

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:30 am

A suggestion for future, please add a farming system for people who don't like to be preds.

suggestion base:

start area near the pod would be 4 tiles of farm land, with one having carrets in it, these and the fruit you can get from the harpy area would be the players first source of food outside of rations.

farming as a system

ground: player interacts and places a seed in farm land, after time it becomes a plant, player waters plant and after time it becomes food. different plants give different food.

hydroponics: built on the ship, hydroponics skips step but requires a liquid silution to work, no clue how this would work system wise. each hydroponics can hold 3 plants opposed to the grounds one.

foods that can be grown.

carret
info: it looks like a carrot but is blue, still tastes the same.
time: ??? maybe 20 "tile" moves
saturation: 25 per
grows: 2 carrets
seeds: 2 per grow.

berry
info: just a berry bush
time: 60 tiles
saturation: ???
grows: one bush, replenishes after 10 tiles of movement gives 4 berries per use.
seeds: rarely found, doesn't give.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shroomz » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:03 pm

As neat as that might be normally, this game doesn't really have a working 'time' system yet outside of changing zones as far as I know. So really, it's probably just flat out easier to walk back and forth between the harpy zone and just keep harvesting those fruits. Though at some point being able to plant a bush as a module in your ship might be nice... Once there's a ship with more than four available tiles.
Shroomz
Been posting for a bit

Postby vayne358 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:25 pm

when placing a part in the ship on the green spots, i cant scroll through my inventory so have to drop a bunch of stuff first.
vayne358
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 18D

Postby vintious » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:56 pm

There are plenty of farming simulators already, I understand it under a prey mentality but just having a hydroponic feeder opposed to a full-blown farming system would do well enough. A plant-type enemy that tries to feed their prey into max satiation for a near-unavoidable swallow would be mildly interesting.

And this request is for a bit of ease of farming past the first planet, but I'd like to see Junk Mace reduced from 8 scrap to just 4, constantly having to dodge lazors just to grab two-four piddly bits of metal that I couldn't get from smashing drop pods is quite annoying. Maybe I should just use the lazer pistol though...
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jade86 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:08 am

where are the saurian people i cant find them or are they on the yellow star if yes there is a bug with it i cant enter it
Jade86
New to the forum

Postby Shroomz » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:11 am

Saurians are found in a part of the second, larger planet. There's a bit of hoop-jumping to do to find them, but they're there.

In other news, as a thought for the dev, maybe give the Saurian Raiders a different letter as their 'token' in the game. I mistook them as being identical to the town guards and for the longest time I was convinced that I wasn't able to find them, all because the icon was the same.
Shroomz
Been posting for a bit

Postby dasno » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:25 pm

is there some sort of engine or something i need to run this game i cannot figure out how to get it to play.
dasno
New to the forum

Postby Cygni » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:20 am

How close are we to a new update?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:42 pm

@dasno:

just doubleclick run.bat. assuming you have decent opengl support and the JRE it should work fine.

@Maenethal:

My schedule no longer permits me to provide time estimates for the completion of nomad updates. 19 is not imminent though if that's what you're hoping for. update 19 is however somewhere between 33 and 50 percent complete.

If people want to idle the time between now and when it drops. I have absolutely no plans for the contents of update 20 so if people want to bat that discussion around for a bit feel free.
darkevilme
---

Postby dasno » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:58 pm

I tried but i get the system black box and it has this error
glfw_version_unavailable error
description the requested client api is currently unavailable
what do i need to update?
dasno
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:18 am

dasno wrote:I tried but i get the system black box and it has this error
glfw_version_unavailable error
description the requested client api is currently unavailable
what do i need to update?

graphics card drivers, if not that then the graphics card to one that isn't ancient or artificially crippled. nomad runs on opengl 3.1.

the game should say what version of opengl and GLSL is actually available on your system in the event of a glfw failure like this.
darkevilme
---

Postby dasno » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:46 pm

thank you for the help i got it running :)
dasno
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:55 pm

dasno wrote:thank you for the help i got it running :)

well then, enjoy I'm just glad you're not another person I have to tell their comp can't play. A freeware vore game. So I hope you enjoy my game
darkevilme
---

Postby Cygni » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:56 am

Didn't you have some sort of place where people could submit new enemies? I thought there used to be a link somewhere.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:15 am

Maenethal wrote:Didn't you have some sort of place where people could submit new enemies? I thought there used to be a link somewhere.

Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

it's more than a place where people could submit new enemies and more a place where all things content and planning could be produced for nomad by third parties.
darkevilme
---

Postby Houyo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:15 am

Have I tagged this thread yet? Doing so now just in case.
Houyo
???

Postby Dwarfbrother » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:18 pm

When I try to start the game, it opes a window for a split second and closes again. What's going on?
Dwarfbrother
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:49 am

Dwarfbrother wrote:When I try to start the game, it opes a window for a split second and closes again. What's going on?

I have no idea. you haven't told me what the cmd window said or what was appearing in the error.log file so I'm as in the dark as you are.
darkevilme
---

Postby hentaimasterthe » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:21 am

I can't seem to start a new game. I have the latest java script, I get to the start menu and can load a saved game, but I can't start from the beginning, when I try, it give me a cmd.exe window saying Nomad>pause prease any button to continue, and when I do it just closes and nothing more. and I'm using version 19a.
hentaimasterthe
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:40 pm

hentaimasterthe wrote:I can't seem to start a new game. I have the latest java script, I get to the start menu and can load a saved game, but I can't start from the beginning, when I try, it give me a cmd.exe window saying Nomad>pause prease any button to continue, and when I do it just closes and nothing more. and I'm using version 19a.

you haven't told me what was appearing in the error.log file so I'm as in the dark as you are.

edit:
actually. two points.

1. I conjecture it's due to the words laser pistol being capitalized in the start.xml
2. the version you are attempting to use is not yet ready for a general release to the vorish masses and is mostly for limited testing exposure to a few friends of mine. Mostly because I plan to add another round or two of content before doing an official update 19 release.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game