Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 27.0K

Postby Anesthetic » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Travisplo wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:
You need fuel, Blue crystals from the mushroom cave will do. And I couldn't tell you if the cultivator is any good. Never used it, and I doubt it would be usefull, for anyone playing this game for the obvious reason that basically everyone is going to subsist off Vore, and making food isn't going to help that much.

You also have NO need of a generator at this stage. Generators are for FTL travel... or I supposed inter system travel, as FTL would be required to travel from planet to planet without dying of old age first.

Well, I also found three poor quality fuel pods in the facility, and I've already harvested and dumped everything in the mushroom cave into the tank. And I use the laser pistol.

Crystals regrow.

The lazer gun is a weak weapon. You want to use the fighting staf you find in the hut on the same screne you find the spaceship.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Travisplo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:47 pm

Anesthetic wrote:
Travisplo wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:
You need fuel, Blue crystals from the mushroom cave will do. And I couldn't tell you if the cultivator is any good. Never used it, and I doubt it would be usefull, for anyone playing this game for the obvious reason that basically everyone is going to subsist off Vore, and making food isn't going to help that much.

You also have NO need of a generator at this stage. Generators are for FTL travel... or I supposed inter system travel, as FTL would be required to travel from planet to planet without dying of old age first.

Well, I also found three poor quality fuel pods in the facility, and I've already harvested and dumped everything in the mushroom cave into the tank. And I use the laser pistol.

Crystals regrow.

The lazer gun is a weak weapon. You want to use the fighting staf you find in the hut on the same screne you find the spaceship.

I really, really don't, actually. I have -1 melee and dodge, 0 parry and +2 ranged. And -1 struggle. And Strength 4.
Last edited by Travisplo on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Travisplo
New to the forum

Postby Anesthetic » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Travisplo wrote:I really, really don't, actually. I have -1 melee and dodge, 0 parry and +2 ranged. And -1 struggle. And Strength 4.

No you do. My characters always are weak in Melee, but melee weapons still work great, it also has the added benifit of never running out of ammo, and my strength is also 4.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Travisplo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Anesthetic wrote:
Travisplo wrote:I really, really don't, actually. I have -1 melee and dodge, 0 parry and +2 ranged. And -1 struggle. And Strength 4.

No you do. My characters always are weak in Melee, but melee weapons still work great, it also has the added benifit of never running out of ammo, and my strength is also 4.

Really? I guess I'll try it, I've tried meleeing enemies with it before, but it never really worked out better than pistol, because I had to close in with those fucking robots.
Travisplo
New to the forum

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:02 am

Travisplo wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:

Really? I guess I'll try it, I've tried meleeing enemies with it before, but it never really worked out better than pistol, because I had to close in with those fucking robots.

With Alpas Carapace, robots cant hurt you.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FancifulFish » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:28 am

I've just started playing this game and I've totally been enjoying it. Just curious as to whether I am completely screwing something up or I'm encountering a bug of some sort.

Whenever I place the navigation console in the ship and try to interact with it, the game closes itself instantly. After scanning through some but not all of this thread, I haven't seen anyone mention it, so I assume I'm just doing something terribly wrong that the game extremely disagrees with.

EDIT: Solved!
FancifulFish
New to the forum

Postby Hansony » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:24 am

FancifulFish wrote:I've just started playing this game and I've totally been enjoying it. Just curious as to whether I am completely screwing something up or I'm encountering a bug of some sort.

Whenever I place the navigation console in the ship and try to interact with it, the game closes itself instantly. After scanning through some but not all of this thread, I haven't seen anyone mention it, so I assume I'm just doing something terribly wrong that the game extremely disagrees with.

EDIT: Solved!

So what did you do wrong?
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:37 am

i should mention, travis, that the generator isn't really required at the point in the game you're at. my typical setup is a nav console, a research computer, a fuel tank, and a storage box
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:14 am

Travisplo wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:

So how has my advice been working out?
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VoreLover99 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:55 pm

I can't seem to get this to run on Linux. I tried running it from the terminal with the code in run.bat, and it spat this back at me:
Code: Select all
localhost:~/Games/Nomad$ java -jar nomad.jar -Dorg.lwjgl.Sys.debug=true
[LWJGL] Failed to load a library. Possible solutions:
   a) Set -Djava.library.path or -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath to the directory that contains the shared libraries.
   b) Add the JAR(s) containing the shared libraries to the classpath.
[LWJGL] Enable debug mode with -Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=true for better diagnostics.
[LWJGL] Enable the SharedLibraryLoader debug mode with -Dorg.lwjgl.util.DebugLoader=true for better diagnostics.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate library: liblwjgl.so
   at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:123)
   at org.lwjgl.system.Library.<clinit>(Library.java:53)
   at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryUtil.<clinit>(MemoryUtil.java:56)
   at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryStack.<init>(MemoryStack.java:59)
   at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryStack.create(MemoryStack.java:78)
   at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryStack.create(MemoryStack.java:69)
   at java.lang.ThreadLocal$SuppliedThreadLocal.initialValue(ThreadLocal.java:284)
   at java.lang.ThreadLocal.setInitialValue(ThreadLocal.java:180)
   at java.lang.ThreadLocal.get(ThreadLocal.java:170)
   at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryStack.stackGet(MemoryStack.java:594)
   at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryStack.stackPush(MemoryStack.java:603)
   at org.lwjgl.system.Callback.<clinit>(Callback.java:35)
   at vmo.Game.<init>(Game.java:102)
   at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:7)

Here's my reported Java version:
Code: Select all
localhost:~/Games/Nomad$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_151"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-8u151-b12-0ubuntu0.16.04.2-b12)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Java, so I have no idea what this stuff means. Any idea how I can get this working?
Last edited by VoreLover99 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VoreLover99
Been posting for a bit

Postby BurningHeart » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:22 pm

So, something I have noticed was that the shooting iron closes the game, with no know reason. Sometimes its doesn't, but most of the time clicking it closes the game.
BurningHeart
Been posting for a bit

Postby Anesthetic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:42 am

BurningHeart wrote:So, something I have noticed was that the shooting iron closes the game, with no know reason. Sometimes its doesn't, but most of the time clicking it closes the game.

Thats called crashing the game, and yeah, the Shooting iron has been bugged for ever. It's got something to do with the ammo getting separated into weird counts of rounds.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:41 pm

@VoreLover99:

I can't really diagnose for linux. I don't have a linux machine for testing purposes. But it looks like despite me including the natives for linux lwjgl it's not unpacking them. A look online indicates it might be a problem of lwjgl not supporting 32 bit linux.

As for on windows. Please run the gl extension viewer to get your openGL version. Nomad requires opengl 3.3 and glsl 140 core.
darkevilme
---

Postby BurningHeart » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:44 pm

Anesthetic wrote:
BurningHeart wrote:So, something I have noticed was that the shooting iron closes the game, with no know reason. Sometimes its doesn't, but most of the time clicking it closes the game.

Thats called crashing the game, and yeah, the Shooting iron has been bugged for ever. It's got something to do with the ammo getting separated into weird counts of rounds.

Ok, that makes partial sense. Hope it gets fixed or just removed for the game if it doesn't. No needed to keep bugged things in.
BurningHeart
Been posting for a bit

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 28

Postby ipeerownu » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:25 am

A list of bugs I have noticed. Not sure if any of these were already mentioned. Going by planet names I saw mentioned in the files.

1) Apparently, there is a Mushroom Girl cave somewhere on the starting planet (Alpha Minoris 2A) based on some forum posts I read. I could not find it despite thoroughly searching the entire planet. Maybe I'm missing something?

2) Weight is not deducted from storage containers properly when taking out stacks of an item. This allows for people who abuse this bug to stack up a massive amount of weight worth of items. This does not appear to apply to the Tucksack. Weight resets itself to its actual value, which can be over the max, when container access is exited and re-entered.

3) On the Desert Planet (Forakis 1), there's a pyramid that appears to lead to nowhere.

4) On the ice planet (Alpha Minoris 3), I saw no method of leaving the Arachne Matron's nest after defeating her.

5) Sometime, when there are two fuel tanks ( equipped to the starter ship; one regular gas tank and one interplanetary reactor), fuel will sometimes dupe itself across both gas tanks if put on, gone into orbit, moved a square, and then both gas tanks examined. This appears to be random chance. Used this glitch to get fuel into the Interplanetary Reactor

These bugs were found in version 27.0J, which may have been fixed in future versions.

EDIT: Nevermind about the Mushroom Girl cave. I found it. There was a tiny space of area in the fawn area I did not search.
Last edited by ipeerownu on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ipeerownu
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 28

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:34 am

1. mushroom girl cave should be in the zone with the fawns that you started in unless that's changed or your game is bugged

i can't help with anything else because i don't fix bugs (technically i don't help with this project at all anymore) and i haven't played in months
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 28.0B

Postby Cygni » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:26 pm

I got a question. How do you get High Explosives?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ipeerownu » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Maenethal wrote:I got a question. How do you get High Explosives?

High Explosives are crafted using some scrap and some Volatile Crystals. I believe you craft the Volatile Crystals with 4 Blue Crystals each.
ipeerownu
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:40 pm

I can't even get the game to run, can anyone help? (also, do I have to download all of the Nomad28 files, or is there any difference between Nomad28, Nomad28A, and Nomad28B?)

Here is one of the errors:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffee75df137, pid=1564, tid=0x000000000000212c
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_162-b12) (build 1.8.0_162-b12)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.162-b12 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [lwjgl_opengl.dll+0xf137]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

And the other just says:
Failed to create the GLFW window

PS: I'm sorry if this was solved in another post, I just don't want to skim through 57 pages trying to find info that may not exist >.>
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:35 pm

this is usually to do with your openGL support. please ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card and use GL extension viewer tool available online to check you have openGL 3.3 and GLSL 140 core support which is needed to run the game.

Additionally. Nomad on failed to create the GLFW window posts your openGL support level along with that message into the 'error.log' file. so you can find out your support level from there.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game