Devourment Update Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Update Thread

Postby DevourmentDev » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:31 am

Updated. PLEASE READ ALL OF OP BEFORE DOWNLOADING.

If you reply to this thread with complaints or questions asking why things are broken or changed, your post will be reported for being off topic. The current release is ALPHA and is NOT for anyone who is uncomfortable dealing with bugs.

Bug reports by PM please.
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:43 am

cakemanisreal wrote:Yeah...There was already mention that they will never consider on adding male preds to the Devourment mod at all...

You know, there's nothing stopping literally any of you from doing it anyway. It's just the original dev who won't do it.

So make a mod of the mod. Bethesda owns the copyrights to the game. Not the mod maker. You can screw with it if you want.

Thing is I know nobody's got the time or interest to be arsed with doing it is all.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:22 am

Aces wrote:
cakemanisreal wrote:Yeah...There was already mention that they will never consider on adding male preds to the Devourment mod at all...

You know, there's nothing stopping literally any of you from doing it anyway. It's just the original dev who won't do it.

So make a mod of the mod. Bethesda owns the copyrights to the game. Not the mod maker. You can screw with it if you want.

Thing is I know nobody's got the time or interest to be arsed with doing it is all.

If I can get permission do do utterly as I please, I can easily toggle the option on. Unfortunately I won't do it unless Vegan gets back to me with said permission. And he might never come back. It's a popular enough request, I just don't feel comfortable totally disregarding his wishes.

But Aces is not completely correct. Yes you can mod the mod... But im telling you straight up, without access to the script source, you won't get far. Be easier to start from scratch, and trust me, I'm contemplating it myself due to the mess Devourment is. There are parts that seem to be for ne thing, but just don't work. Duplication is common, apparently because old versions of a script just got left in, when new versions came along, but removing the 'dead' script kills something else unrelated because it was called by a function that was recycled from the older release, but is still in use...

A full restart would eliminate a lot of my headaches, but would likely take months away from any new progress on what we already have.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:30 am

Sideromelane wrote:
Aces wrote:

If I can get permission do do utterly as I please, I can easily toggle the option on. Unfortunately I won't do it unless Vegan gets back to me with said permission. And he might never come back. It's a popular enough request, I just don't feel comfortable totally disregarding his wishes.

But Aces is not completely correct. Yes you can mod the mod... But im telling you straight up, without access to the script source, you won't get far. Be easier to start from scratch, and trust me, I'm contemplating it myself due to the mess Devourment is. There are parts that seem to be for ne thing, but just don't work. Duplication is common, apparently because old versions of a script just got left in, when new versions came along, but removing the 'dead' script kills something else unrelated because it was called by a function that was recycled from the older release, but is still in use...

A full restart would eliminate a lot of my headaches, but would likely take months away from any new progress on what we already have.

Oh right, decompiling. Not always easy. Doable, but not always easy.

I've considered trying my hand at Skyrim modding too but I've still got my hands tied up with VORE Station and possibly gonna start a mainstream project soon.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:41 am

I messed with the decompiling tools before I got the source. Yeah its totally doable, but the sheer volume of undocumented code that you can Not reference with the creation kit makes it a massive undertaking.

Also the copyright Vegan has is for the scripts he wrote, not for what the creation kit generates. But only ~10% of the entire Devourment codebase is CK generated. Most of it is totally custom. So decompiling it and uploading your own Devourment varient, well, it would still be open to getting reported to the admins here and deleted. It's unfortunate but we're stuck with it unless I'm given full ownership.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:08 am

Sideromelane wrote:I messed with the decompiling tools before I got the source. Yeah its totally doable, but the sheer volume of undocumented code that you can Not reference with the creation kit makes it a massive undertaking.

Also the copyright Vegan has is for the scripts he wrote, not for what the creation kit generates. But only ~10% of the entire Devourment codebase is CK generated. Most of it is totally custom. So decompiling it and uploading your own Devourment varient, well, it would still be open to getting reported to the admins here and deleted. It's unfortunate but we're stuck with it unless I'm given full ownership.

That would be irrelevant. 10% of it is enough to invalidate any copyrights on it. They apparently don't know how copyright works.

"If You distribute or otherwise make available New Materials [Mods], You automatically grant to Bethesda Softworks the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, sublicensable right and license under all applicable copyrights and intellectual property rights laws to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, perform, display, distribute and otherwise exploit and/or dispose of the New Materials (or any part of the New Materials) in any way Bethesda Softworks, or its respective designee(s), sees fit."

^ Bethesda's EULA. You can't just violate that because you made some custom code. Else I could violate Baystation's EULA because we made some vore code. They don't own the rights to their vore mod. Bethesda does.

I'm not going to do more digging until I want to mess with it, but I believe this invalidates their copyright claim on the mod. Furthermore, copyright in code is pretty damn hard to enforce. There gets to be a point where your intellectual property as a coder is invalidated because there's no better way to do something. They taught this stuff when I was in school.

In layman's terms; If I can't code something better than you can, my code can be identical. One would have to prove in court that there was a better way to write it in order to have a reliable defense. Judging by how badly coded the vore mod appears to be, that probably wouldn't happen though. Undocumented spaghetti code, unstable as fuck, lots of gamebreaking bugs... Starting from scratch is probably easier.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Amzinoji » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Well, on the more agreeable topic of restarting the mod, I think many people would be okay with it seeing as it could mean that it could make faster progress in the long run. While it would take some time to reach this same point, it would ultimately make it easier to update because you would know everything in the code. Ultimately, that would also make it easier for you to get outside support, since you could adapt it to the code more easily.
Amzinoji
New to the forum

Postby Raiden13 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:49 pm

I guess I've found one bug :D

After digesting lethally a prey, it's inventory menu still opening forever after the player belchs
Raiden13
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoraciousArtistry » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:56 pm

I do have a question concerning the unified patch that has been streamlined into the core mod, which type of skeleton is inside? The original patch would continuously break most of my race mods and bodyslide sets that are based on the latest groovtama XP32 extended skeleton. In the future which skeletons will you be using for the mod?
VoraciousArtistry
Participator

Postby Someone92 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:13 am

Btw: Groovtama stated that he will add the bones needed for Devourment to his maximum compatibility skeleton. So before you guys make a custom skeleton for Devourment get in contact with him and see if you can find a better solution.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp ... -extended/
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Someone92 wrote:Btw: Groovtama stated that he will add the bones needed for Devourment to his maximum compatibility skeleton. So before you guys make a custom skeleton for Devourment get in contact with him and see if you can find a better solution.

The belly bones are no longer required.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Sideromelane wrote:
Someone92 wrote:Btw: Groovtama stated that he will add the bones needed for Devourment to his maximum compatibility skeleton. So before you guys make a custom skeleton for Devourment get in contact with him and see if you can find a better solution.

The belly bones are no longer required.

The model used for the belly in devourment currently isn't very good and looks awkward the way it wobbles up and down and clips through you when it gets smaller. I would MUCH prefer using belly bones.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 pm

Sideromelane wrote:A full restart would eliminate a lot of my headaches, but would likely take months away from any new progress on what we already have.

I think Sid you just have to ask yourself one big question.

Would it be easier in the long run?

Devourment isn't exactly being updated every 2 weeks. so i'm sure people can wait if you do need to. but at-least you'll know what everything does and can modify it easier.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Talon13 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:02 am

Sideromelane wrote:
Aces wrote:

I think you already do. When a creator abandonds a project and hads it over to someone else that's sort of the end of there input
Talon13
Participator

Postby Aces » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:34 am

Talon13 wrote:I think you already do. When a creator abandonds a project and hads it over to someone else that's sort of the end of there input

One thing is for certain. Literally anyone can pick up the idea and start it from scratch, and no matter how much anyone complaints about copyright infringement, it's an invalid argument and they don't understand how copyright works for video games.

Even now, someone could do a male mod and the original creator--even if they were still around--doesn't get a say in the matter. The most they can do is make a big fuss and take down their mod download links. That's it.

Anyone can restart the project from scratch. It's been proven possible as a concept to be doable in Skyrim; to have vore. Restarting it with a more experienced coder would probably result in a far more stable final product.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Amzinoji » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:48 am

Raiden13 wrote:I guess I've found one bug :D

After digesting lethally a prey, it's inventory menu still opening forever after the player belchs

I can confirm that this happens; I started the game up with this alpha real quick to test it, and it immediately occurred after eating one of the first enemies in Helgen Keep. It also appears to think that each time, you have also digested someone new, and it gives you devourment perks because of that. It does, however, still let you eat other people and bodies, and there was no swollen stomach; might be able to figure this one out real quick if we're lucky.
Amzinoji
New to the forum

Postby Sideromelane » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:32 am

Talon13 wrote:I think you already do. When a creator abandonds a project and hads it over to someone else that's sort of the end of there input

Eka has already confirmed that simply 'abandoning' a project doesn't mean it can be 'owned' by anyone else. I really do not want this argument here though, please take it elsewhere or discuss it in private.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:31 pm

Amzinoji wrote:
Raiden13 wrote:I guess I've found one bug :D

I can confirm that this happens; I started the game up with this alpha real quick to test it, and it immediately occurred after eating one of the first enemies in Helgen Keep. It also appears to think that each time, you have also digested someone new, and it gives you devourment perks because of that. It does, however, still let you eat other people and bodies, and there was no swollen stomach; might be able to figure this one out real quick if we're lucky.

You can work around this issue by copying the scripts from the original EBBB Devourment build; I don't know if it'll remove other features, though.

Also, installing Dev 7 Build seems to break Sexlab/SOS and Racemenu (despite having the latest versions installed, the game complains that it's only finding a previous one). Again, a reinstall of the affected mods fixes the issue, but it has to be a full 'remove and reinstall' for the repair to be recognized.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:47 pm

OK so this is probably gonna get people yelling at me, but forgive me if it is, there are JUST SO MANY Devourment threads, I'm confused.

What I do know is that the Devourment MOD has changed developers several times.

You say that this is a Buggy Alpha Release.

The question I want answered is, "Is this the Best Devourment mod that has been made to date?" Is this an older version that you got your hands on and began working on, or is it you picking up where the latest version left off?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:32 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:The question I want answered is, "Is this the Best Devourment mod that has been made to date?" Is this an older version that you got your hands on and began working on, or is it you picking up where the latest version left off?

This is a new version, but it is unstable. Then again so are all of the devourment mods.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game