Devourment Update Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Update Thread

Postby brandinthom » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:42 am

Just wondering if anyone has tried downloading the 0.70 version of this mod recently.

The dropbox page the link sends me to has a file for download that's only 129.97kb in size, and only has a scripts folder in the compressed file.

I'm not sure if this is an issue on my end or if the dropbox upload was changed somehow, but as is, the download doesn't have the devourment.esm or many of the other files needed to install the mod.
brandinthom
New to the forum

Postby DevourmentDev » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:03 am

New version up, apologies for the corrupted 70.1 version, real world problems kept me away from my computer until this morning to fix it.
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

Postby IronySandwich » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:01 pm

A few bugs/issues I've noticed:

The bodyslide scaling doesn't seem to stay with the save file. If your playing and load a save you retain your current level of modification even if the save you loaded has a different number or no people in your stomach/breasts/butt.

Digestion no longer seems to be happening. You can manually get rid of people by using the defecation spell, but no one digests.

I second the notion that the bodyslide modification doesn't need to be linear.
Instead of (I'm making up numbers here) the 1st person giving you a modifier of 20, the second 40, then 60, 80, 100, etc. It should really be something more like 40,60,70,75,then maybe max out at 80. Spheres grow logarithmically with volume, not linearly. And putting in a max value that's big, but not game breaking should prevent some issues down the road.
IronySandwich
New to the forum

Postby jellman » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:13 am

starting to wonder if im the only one still using .65 , just dont like the newer belly. is there any chance that the new version will get animation? i have no clue how that would even be possible, i dont think ive ever seen anything that would allow the body mesh to animate in that way. perhaps seperate versions featuring the old belly in the future?. or is the new belly going to be integeral? might just stick to .65 if it is.
jellman
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMCJavelin » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Bookmarked
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby Kavvanshrike » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:38 pm

jellman wrote:starting to wonder if im the only one still using .65 , just dont like the newer belly. is there any chance that the new version will get animation? i have no clue how that would even be possible, i dont think ive ever seen anything that would allow the body mesh to animate in that way. perhaps seperate versions featuring the old belly in the future?. or is the new belly going to be integeral? might just stick to .65 if it is.

You aren't the only one, as much as i like the growing and shrinking effects on the breast and ass, I don't feel as though redblues alternative should completely replace the old devourment belly, as people have noted 1. belly shouldn't grow at a linear rate 2. It really doesn't look like there's an entire person in there when the number is small(ie 1-4) 3. sacrificing struggle animations and shapely bulges for an oversized pregnancy belly.

Even if all said scaling issues are rectified in the future, and the digestion system becomes well integrated....if you use any armour/clothing mods, not all of them are pregnancy enabled(or even bodyslide enabled for that matter), and the more immersive alternative belly becomes very immersion breaking, and the old belly kinda didn't have that issue no matter what you wore, sure it was clipping through your clothes and that was a little unimmersive for cloth buuuut having your heavy plate armor stretch around your massive belly is also a bit unimmersive.

I wouldn't doubt that this Ni node stuff can be applied to the old devourment belly to make the best of both worlds, so you can have the scaling belly and the struggle animations...I know the old belly can be altered by Ni node stuff because if you leave sexlab hormones on its default setting your devourment belly is bound to grow or shrink depending on how much sex you have.
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby DarkPinkie » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:11 pm

jellman wrote:starting to wonder if im the only one still using .65 , just dont like the newer belly. is there any chance that the new version will get animation? i have no clue how that would even be possible, i dont think ive ever seen anything that would allow the body mesh to animate in that way. perhaps seperate versions featuring the old belly in the future?. or is the new belly going to be integeral? might just stick to .65 if it is.

I still use .65C as I don't trust the new version to work properly with Ryanshow's Stranger Mod (as even mentioned by OP). I wouldn't enjoy Devourment on my skyrim without it. Outside of the stranger mod I only see it mostly only as a useful (if a bit unreliable) combat ability and buff & Help to get skills, as getting skills in Requiem is hard and slow as a snail.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby DivineDragonGod » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Everyone has their own tastes :gulp: for everything. A suggested solution is to make either 2 or 3 different downloads for this mod which differ in belly types; Old, New, and No belly.

The no belly option is just the idea of using the old shrink animation when you use swallow as an actual spell. I've noticed with the Multiprey addon, that if you swallowed enough targets without the belly files, that you still get an animation with your bare belly as if its hard at work.

The Old belly is for those who still want to use the old belly but still want the possible updates to come that don't effect the belly files. I understand this current version is just the addition of the new belly files and the new inventory scripts. It would be nice though to just have the new inventory scripts for the old devourment belly, since the old way just transfers the items to your inventory with the absorb all option on if you don't like or have tech. issues with the other options.

*Edit* A side note here,I've done many testings of this mod and sadly the Digest power is broken :(
DivineDragonGod
Been posting for a bit

Postby Terrafox » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Hey everyone, I haven't been here in quite a while and I was starting up skyrim again and wanted to ask a few things sense the Dev mod that I was using doesn't seem to want to work, and there was this new update with nexus that I had to cancel a few mods just to get to the start up page. So it does seem that there are quite a few changes here on skyrim and I was hoping that maybe someone could help me out with a few of my problems.

One is that I do believe there might have been an update to Dev mod as I'm still using the .65 version which i'm going to guess is a little old by now.
Second when I was getting it to start up the game would automatically crash saying the devourment won't work due to "Incompatible with skeleton detected" and I have had this problem but I still can't seem to get it to work right. Is there a new way around this? I also haven't downloaded any new body skeletons in over a year and am wondering why it was crashing.

And that is really it for bad things, so anyone got any ideas for why my game crashes?

Also just curious if there was any new side mods that anyone else has made with devourment? I know Pow was working on the swallowing and struggling noises.
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tariq » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:04 am

Thank you for maintaining a changelog.
tariq
Been posting for a bit

Postby DivineDragonGod » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:36 pm

If you updated your NMM, Terrafox, it is possible you may have to reinstall your mods since they integrated a new function from Mod Organizer which in turn could mess up how mods work in your game. The same thing happened to me and that was all I had to do to fix the issue.
DivineDragonGod
Been posting for a bit

Postby Terrafox » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:45 pm

DivineDragonGod wrote:If you updated your NMM, Terrafox, it is possible you may have to reinstall your mods since they integrated a new function from Mod Organizer which in turn could mess up how mods work in your game. The same thing happened to me and that was all I had to do to fix the issue.

Thanks for the reply, so are we still using the .65 version of dev right now?
Also I forget where should Dev be on the load order? If I remember correctly it should be to the top of the list?
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Farfanuggen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Terrafox wrote:
DivineDragonGod wrote:If you updated your NMM, Terrafox, it is possible you may have to reinstall your mods since they integrated a new function from Mod Organizer which in turn could mess up how mods work in your game. The same thing happened to me and that was all I had to do to fix the issue.

Thanks for the reply, so are we still using the .65 version of dev right now?
Also I forget where should Dev be on the load order? If I remember correctly it should be to the top of the list?

The NMM change was both good and bad in my opinion. Good in the fact that they made the system a little cleaner, but bad in the sense that every mod you install basically has a permanent cache that the new system remembers and installs the mod that specific way every time. So if you want to change something with a multi-part mod you have to deactivate the mod, uninstall it and redownload it.

.65 is still the most stable build I've played with so far...and while .70 does sound interesting....it's just .65 together with redblue's mod. And I have both installed right now and play just fine. However, if it does fix a few of the issues that EBBB has, I might consider installing it soon. I still can't get Feel Yourself to work properly, and the transfer mechanic is messed up for me for the boobs.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby RiggsEclipse » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:37 am

Does anybody have the .65 available for download? The original link no longer works and I cant seem to find a source for it '^^ I'm loving the new version but the bugs are making it unusable personally c:
RiggsEclipse
Been posting for a bit

Postby Terrafox » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:25 am

ok I have gotten the version 65 dev to work but for some reason when ever I swallow someone there is no belly?
I did just re-download and install Dev again but I was curious sense I wasn't here for a while is this a new problem and or is there a easy way to fix the no belly issue?
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nyanyan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:49 am

I tried asking this on the thread for the actually belly, but there hasn't been an answer yet, so I'll ask here as well.

What exactly does the Digest power do? I use it, and get an effect/buff for all of 0 seconds, and then...nothing. Does it call the digestion script from 65, or do something else? 'cause I have 3 dead people in my stomach, and digest isn't doing anything, as far as I can tell.

I can defecate if I need to get rid of them, but I'm not a fan of scat, so I'd prefer to just absorb/delete them entirely.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby essedess » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:22 am

RiggsEclipse wrote:Does anybody have the .65 available for download? The original link no longer works and I cant seem to find a source for it '^^ I'm loving the new version but the bugs are making it unusable personally c:

I second that request, I had to reformat my computer and I apparently didn't have a backup of the .65 version, I would like to use it while the newer version is being perfected.

Edit: FOUND IT.....I simply overlooked it......I better stick it in my one drive just in case.
essedess
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Farfanuggen » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 am

As per Siders pointing out, I took my link down.

Sorry Sider. Didn't realize something like that happened....I was without internet for pretty much half of Sept.
Last edited by Farfanuggen on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby RiggsEclipse » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks man!
RiggsEclipse
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevourmentDev » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:32 pm

0.65c was taken down as it was pointed out to me that due to an unintended function, it violated the rules of this forum (I would have left the old versions available to download regardless of personal feelings on it, if that had not been pointed out to me). Anyone wishing to discuss, or share that version should move to the Underage forum.

Thanks.
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game