Devourment Update Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Update Thread

Postby Yuniwuff » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:45 pm

Hey! I have useful information for you. I've been modding and tweaking Skyrim for a long time, so when a save refuses to load, it's very likely that it's NOT your mod doing it.

Any save file that has been in the game world long enough is likely not to load, this is because of the buildup of scripts -- both from vanilla quests AND mods doing things, as everything you do is saved in scripts, because Papyrus. To get these saves to load, try this fix.

1) From the TITLE SCREEN, use the ~ key to open up the console.
2) Enter the command "coc riverwood" to instantly start a new game and dump the default nord in Riverwood.
3) Load your most recent save file (the one that refuses to load) from this location. It should load now.

I can't explain exactly why this works, but it has to do with the game not liking loading a file that has too many scripts saved on the very FIRST time you load the game each time you boot it up. Something about a memory failsafe for the console version or some such.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Might I suggest you add a second posting of your mod to Loverslab? That's where much of the adult Skyrim modding community is, and I'd love to see the progress on this mod. Plenty of experienced modders willing to help debug stuff! Just a suggestion, not pushing you. :) Thank you for continuing work on this wonderful old mod. <3

-- Yuni
Yuniwuff
New to the forum

Postby Leshir » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Isha wrote:For those of you that are still playing with Devourment, I've managed to cobble together a 'prototype' version of the EBBB add-on; I'm calling it 'EBBB+' (the other option was 'EEBBB', but that's just getting ridiculous :lol: )

You can get it from my DropBox account, here:

http://tinyurl.com/EBBBTest

You'll need Devourment, obviously. Also, this is an ALPHA version; expect bugs, and don't use this with anything you don't want to risk losing to corruption and error.

What I need to find out:

1) Does everything work properly? Does digestion stop when it should? Do you have a huge balloon belly?
2) Do the script alterations I've made function properly? Think of this as a stress-test; if you find a crash or an odd script error, let me know!

Things I know about:

-- Occasionally, you might leave a building and have a flat belly again. I'm not sure what causes that, but it seems to involve reloading a saved game.
-- Sometimes, saves might refuse to load and cause a silent CTD; occasionally, reloading an earlier save can fix the problem (it may have something to do with scripts; I'm looking into it).
-- I'm not certain that the 'transfer' powers will work when digestion is active.
-- Multi-prey is very broken, because of the script updates and node changes. Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately.
-- NPC preds still do not work; the alterations I've made to the scripts were (by Papyrus-related necessity) specific to the player. If I can fix it, I will.

Hopefully, this will tide you over until FallEat (or whatever it's going to be called) is released. I'm no longer working 'full-time' (as it were) on Devourment, but if there's still enough demand, I''ll put a bit more of my time into what I've got so far.

Have fun!

Isha.

Thank you very much for the good work ^_^ . I'm going to test it out as soon as I can, I'll post here if I find some bugs
Leshir
Somewhat familiar

Postby pendingdelete509h26b » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:03 am

Okay, so I am clearing out my Mod Organizer for Skyrim. I haven't played Skyrim in a while, so I'm deleting all mods except for Sex Lab.

Who here has the most up to date Devourment mod and what are the additional requirements? Pm me the links, including any Nexus mods that are required to run the mod thanks.
pendingdelete509h26b
???

Postby Adseria » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:20 am

darkflame8 wrote:
RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:
Galmar1313 wrote:Has anybody got The Mf version of devourment?

What is "MF"?

Ignore the troll, MF stands for male pred, which everyone knows was never even considered.

I will point out that, while Vegan did say he would not make a male-pred version of the mod, someone did actually modify it to have male preds. However, since it was done without Vegan's permission, he forced them to take it down, which they did (though not without complaint...).
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=44088

Best. Skyrim. Mod. EVER.
Except maybe a couple of others I haven't found yet. Do they count?
Adseria
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:59 pm

Adseria wrote:
darkflame8 wrote:
RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:
Ignore the troll, MF stands for male pred, which everyone knows was never even considered.

I will point out that, while Vegan did say he would not make a male-pred version of the mod, someone did actually modify it to have male preds. However, since it was done without Vegan's permission, he forced them to take it down, which they did (though not without complaint...).

On what authority? They had no right to do demand take-down on grounds of copyright or otherwise.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:13 pm

Aces wrote:
Adseria wrote:I will point out that, while Vegan did say he would not make a male-pred version of the mod, someone did actually modify it to have male preds. However, since it was done without Vegan's permission, he forced them to take it down, which they did (though not without complaint...).

On what authority? They had no right to do demand take-down on grounds of copyright or otherwise.

On the common decency and respect for a creator not wanting their work to be perverted and put to an end they find profoundly personally objectionable. Vegan found that the thought of male preds made him "physically ill". But this ground has been trodden before with the 'fuck you vegan' and 'creator's rights' camps both having had their say.
darkevilme
---

Postby Aces » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:50 pm

darkevilme wrote:
Aces wrote:
Adseria wrote:I will point out that, while Vegan did say he would not make a male-pred version of the mod, someone did actually modify it to have male preds. However, since it was done without Vegan's permission, he forced them to take it down, which they did (though not without complaint...).

On the common decency and respect for a creator not wanting their work to be perverted and put to an end they find profoundly personally objectionable. Vegan found that the thought of male preds made him "physically ill". But this ground has been trodden before with the 'fuck you vegan' and 'creator's rights' camps both having had their say.

That sounds like complete nonsense in this context. I don't go around telling people to stop drawing because I don't like them doing herms, or--

Wait, why am I arguing this? This horse has been dead for months. I digress. I'll quit beating it. Besides, it's irrelevant. If someone wants to make a male Devourment mod, there's no violation of any copyright, and anyone who claims otherwise hasn't read Bethesda's EULA. If the author of the male devourment mod took it down out of respect, then that's one thing--but the wording you used was "forced them to take it down" but now you say "respect for a creator" so I have no idea which it is. Getting mixed messages here.

So if anyone does have the male version of the mod, post it if you want. Or don't. I don't really care either way. I'm just here to say "creator's copyrights" for a mod are bullshit. Respect from person to person is another matter entirely. I won't argue that.

Either way, it'd be nice if people didn't accuse one-another of being trolls when asking a legitimate question. No one's trying to incite a riot or start shit. Someone wanted to know where this mod was. "Ignore the troll" is just a cunt thing to say. (You weren't the one who said this. I'm just annoyed by them.)
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:15 pm

Aces wrote:
darkevilme wrote:
Aces wrote:So if anyone does have the male version of the mod, post it if you want. Or don't. I don't really care either way. I'm just here to say "creator's copyrights" for a mod are bullshit. Respect from person to person is another matter entirely. I won't argue that.

I'll step in and state my .02, then withdraw to avoid inflaming the situation.

Examining the posts that have been exchanged on this subject so far, I have not seen the word 'copyright' used in any context. I have seen the term 'creator's rights', which is a different thing. One ('copyright') is a legal protection of ownership, while the other ('creator's rights') refers to the non-legal, personal right of an author/creator to control how a work is modified and used (I admit, the distinction is thin, but it's still valid).

I won't get into the 'rights battle' that continually comes up, but let's not cloud things by misinterpreting what's being said.

Now, can we -please- put this issue to bed once and for all?
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby Apostolos » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:11 am

Hmm I'm kinda curious, will there be a form that will work with the remastered editions coming to consoles later this year?
Apostolos
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:19 am

Apostolos wrote:Hmm I'm kinda curious, will there be a form that will work with the remastered editions coming to consoles later this year?

No.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Isha wrote:For those of you that are still playing with Devourment, I've managed to cobble together a 'prototype' version of the EBBB add-on; I'm calling it 'EBBB+' (the other option was 'EEBBB', but that's just getting ridiculous :lol: )

Minor note: Redblue didn't have a name for his mod originally, but when the name Expanding Belly Breasts and Butts was suggested, it became EBBB, hence the ridiculous name scheme :lol:
Looking for RP:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p419268

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby mamoti » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:56 am

hi
devourment file has removed
do every body have Devourment 0.7 please
mamoti
New to the forum

Postby e2s86 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:38 am

SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION is coming in October and many mods will not work. :!: :!: :!: :!:
e2s86
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:21 am

e2s86 wrote:SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION is coming in October and many mods will not work. :!: :!: :!: :!:

No need to spam that below every single devourment topic.... And you still can play the "old" Skyrim, so the mods will still work in the normal edition.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:05 am

e2s86 wrote:SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION is coming in October and many mods will not work. :!: :!: :!: :!:

This is false.

Edit: Probably.
Last edited by Aces on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Absentia » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:47 pm

Aces wrote:

This is false.

on pc its a dice roll whether there work without being completely remade.
on console they did say the mods that need over mods will not work, so any mod that requires SKSE will not work.
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Absentia wrote:
Aces wrote:

This is false.

on pc its a dice roll whether there work without being completely remade.
on console they did say the mods that need over mods will not work, so any mod that requires SKSE will not work.

It's not a dice roll. It's outright false. The "remastered" version of the game is just adding console mods (as they used for Fallout 4) and better graphic (which PC already has with their free high def DLC). The PC version will be completely unaffected. Unless you have a source telling me otherwise, I'm going to affirm you were misinformed.

Edit: I'm wrong. Source proves me wrong in next post.
Last edited by Aces on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ian66613 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:29 am

Aces wrote:It's not a dice roll. It's outright false. The "remastered" version of the game is just adding console mods (as they used for Fallout 4) and better graphic (which PC already has with their free high def DLC). The PC version will be completely unaffected. Unless you have a source telling me otherwise, I'm going to affirm you were misinformed.

The remastered PC version is 64-bit. Any mods that use SKSE will have to wait for the 64-bit version of SKSE to be released and downloadable. Skyrim remastered will also have a new creation kit.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Aces » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:51 am

ian66613 wrote:
Aces wrote:It's not a dice roll. It's outright false. The "remastered" version of the game is just adding console mods (as they used for Fallout 4) and better graphic (which PC already has with their free high def DLC). The PC version will be completely unaffected. Unless you have a source telling me otherwise, I'm going to affirm you were misinformed.

The remastered PC version is 64-bit. Any mods that use SKSE will have to wait for the 64-bit version of SKSE to be released and downloadable. Skyrim remastered will also have a new creation kit.

Huh. I stand corrected, then! Though I still do not believe this will affect mods. Still, at this point I'm willing to say "I could be wrong."
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VVVx » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:08 pm

Aces wrote:
ian66613 wrote:

Huh. I stand corrected, then! Though I still do not believe this will affect mods. Still, at this point I'm willing to say "I could be wrong."

Anything using SKSE, which is a lot of major mods, will have to wait for the new SKSE to be built and released to rebuild their mods. Either that or they have to rework their mods to not use SKSE.
VVVx
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game