Devourment Update Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Update Thread

Postby RiggsEclipse » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:33 am

Well then does someone have it over there? I forgot to grab it on my laptop before I left my desktops location x3
RiggsEclipse
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevourmentDev » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:14 am

RiggsEclipse wrote:Well then does someone have it over there? I forgot to grab it on my laptop before I left my desktops location x3

If everyone can have a little patience, and I can get some real life things finished, I plan on uploading a sanitized 'final' version of 0.65c sometime soon (ie, the next few days), which is able to be shared on this forum - it will be a final release, it will never be added to or updated, 0.70 is the future, so to speak. Part of the plans for 0.7x is to attempt and integrate some of the animation and bulges etc that made the 0.65 versions so popular. Bear in mind, I liked those things myself, so they are not 'gone', simply set aside while other issues are sorted out first. Once I get a fully stable base to work from, we can start looking again at animations and add-ons etc.

Incidentally, I have also started the framework to get things like unbirth working (and from there, other alternate vore classes as well).
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:40 am

DevourmentDev wrote:
RiggsEclipse wrote:Well then does someone have it over there? I forgot to grab it on my laptop before I left my desktops location x3

If everyone can have a little patience, and I can get some real life things finished, I plan on uploading a sanitized 'final' version of 0.65c sometime soon (ie, the next few days), which is able to be shared on this forum - it will be a final release, it will never be added to or updated, 0.70 is the future, so to speak. Part of the plans for 0.7x is to attempt and integrate some of the animation and bulges etc that made the 0.65 versions so popular. Bear in mind, I liked those things myself, so they are not 'gone', simply set aside while other issues are sorted out first. Once I get a fully stable base to work from, we can start looking again at animations and add-ons etc.

Incidentally, I have also started the framework to get things like unbirth working (and from there, other alternate vore classes as well).

All good news.

Take your time a deal with your life stuff. You life should always come first.

Anyone who says otherwise is a selfish prick.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RiggsEclipse » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:37 am

I apologize if I sounded impatient! I meant no intention of it :D One question though, will this version you plan to release have the UnifiedPatch integrated or along separate with it?
RiggsEclipse
Been posting for a bit

Postby essedess » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:52 am

That's good, I'm looking forward to it. BTW I've had a problem of the belly not going back to being completely flat after it is empty, plus might be unrelated to the mod but when I create a character it pretty much ignores my bodyslide settings and gives her saggy baggie breasts that only get worse as I transfer to breasts.

On the topic of transfer I find it a bit cumbersome to have to use one power to move my digested prey to my ass then use a separate power to defecate.
Also I think I would rather pick through their remains for their loot rather than have an inventory window open after I swallow them. This is just my opinion, take it as you will :) (probably too soon to worry about these aspects at it's current stage of development anyway, right?)
essedess
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DivineDragonGod » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:41 am

One question I must ask, will this mod have different options for us to choose from when it comes to how we dispose the remains? Some people, like myself, are not into scat or have some tech. issues that causes Skyrim to become unstable.
DivineDragonGod
Been posting for a bit

Postby Someone92 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:05 am

Are there plans to make the big belly after you eat someone optional?
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DevourmentDev » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:26 am

Yes, the powers will be getting looked at as well, although it will be more a case of integrating the new stuff by Redblue into the old framework to 'make it work like it did before', with the addition of the new stuff making it easier to use, and some grammar/syntax tweaks to make it read nicer.

I'm also going to look at simplifying the powers so that you get them with the character, not after a glitchy save-restart - you may notice already on new characters that the powers redblue created are now there immediately, and the old devourment ones still need you to reload your save. That's because it's very easy to make powers racial, while the devourment spell add system is weird and just will not trigger correctly and I gave up trying to make it function and just made everything racial. (I spent/wasted the best part of a week attempting to get the powers to update, and it stalled because in the end I could not figure out the version registering system. The scripts have an internal version reference that seems to be in advance of the actual version, and was just... a mess. It's getting ripped out too.)

When it comes to it, I will rip out the current spell-add system that vegan had, and make everything work via racial powers. This will make things trickier for people with custom races, as they will need to be edited in the creation kit to give them the powers, (there will be a tutorial, it's actually a very simple thing to do, just time consuming when you're editing all the game's playable races. It will also allow the easy creation of small mods which switch on some of the non-playable races for devourment, such as spriggans or dragons etc, along with animations etc, as and when people want to create those mods), but it reduces the complexity of the code we're dealing with considerably, and should make the script load somewhat lighter as well, as there will not be nearly as much running in the background all the time. The devourment spells are currently added dynamically to NPCs with a 'cloak' spell - essentially an invisible AOE that originates with your character. This requires a ton of active scripts which hopefully I can eliminate, and although more compatible with custom races, activating it for NPC races is a glitchy and risky operation. Edible Animals for example had the potential to make every animal in the game a predator - fair enough for the prey players, but there was a high likelihood of crashing your game as a result. With the planned system, races can be added by people themselves when they create animations and fix the AI for them, the mods shared here, and hopefully things will run a lot more smoothly.

Since this will affect the mod in a huge way, I'm hesitant to say when it might happen, however I also want to test it in the not TOO distant future as I suspect it will help fix some of the problems I'm having reported to me, and need to fix anyway. Certainly the script part could happen a lot sooner than later, and integrating the powers sometime after, once the MCM menu is properly understood (ie, the debug spells will go there instead of being a castable spell, like other mods generally have them arranged).
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

Postby Farfanuggen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:18 am

All of that sounds somewhat complicated to someone who has 0 programming experience, but if it's able to help you stabilize the mod I'm all for it.

I'm having quite a few issues with crash on window pop-up with redblue's mod. Never really had an issue with it before, but now it seems to happen at random intervals. Sometimes I can play for hours and not have it happen, others I can swallow and digest the first NPC and it'll happen.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby Someone92 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:37 pm

DevourmentDev wrote:When it comes to it, I will rip out the current spell-add system that vegan had, and make everything work via racial powers. This will make things trickier for people with custom races, as they will need to be edited in the creation kit to give them the powers, (...)

How well will it work with a race overhaul mod such as Imperious - Races of Skyrim?
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scaleyvore » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Well for those who don't like the new devourment versions belly size i.e those who think it's too small, you can change the "growth rate" per prey by using the console command

set 000scalefactor to XX where X is whatever number, it starts out at 5 so Iswitched it to 40, which makes the belly reasonably big for a whole person inside. However it grows slow D:
Scaleyvore
Been posting for a bit

Postby Znonymous » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:42 pm

What was wrong with the 65 verson? How the heck did that end up underage?
Znonymous
Somewhat familiar

Postby Adseria » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Znonymous wrote:What was wrong with the 65 verson? How the heck did that end up underage?

There was an issue that it was possible to ask some children (eg. Carlotta Valentia's daughter) to swallow you.
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=44088

Best. Skyrim. Mod. EVER.
Except maybe a couple of others I haven't found yet. Do they count?
Adseria
Somewhat familiar

Postby DivineDragonGod » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:18 am

Well to be honest, I thought it was funny to see a child retaliating to a vampire attack by eating them. Bet they didn't see that coming :P
DivineDragonGod
Been posting for a bit

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:56 am

Adseria wrote:
Znonymous wrote:What was wrong with the 65 verson? How the heck did that end up underage?

There was an issue that it was possible to ask some children (eg. Carlotta Valentia's daughter) to swallow you.

You know what confuses me. There are people who do expressly underage art here, other games like Larapha a Witches Tale, Mysta's Vore Adventure, and Nyan Adventures, all have Vore Sceens involving children, some of them shocking and disturbing even my deadened sensibilities, yet for some reason it a hot button topic here.

I make a big deal about it in Nyan Adventures, everyone tells me to shut up, yet here its the opposite? What gives?

It doesn't even have that uncomfortable vibe that Nyan aventures gave off.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby schnozzberrins » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:44 am

I'm wondering whether or not the mod should just be completely overhauled at this point. It feels like a game a telephone that's been passed around and recompiled by several people at this point that it's really just become a bit inconsistent. I've been thinking of some ways it could be a little cleaner and more consistent, as well as leave it open for more content to be added in the future:

- Players start off being able to digest one person at a time while having a total of ten digested prey in their bodies at once. As their level increases, they can obtain a maximum of five digesting at once and twenty people in total.
- After a person has been digested, they players weight will go up accordingly. As much as I like EBBB, I think it's better to have a system that allows players to make use of their own custom bodyslide parameters. Having ten people at once will raise the player's weight by 50, while twenty people will raise it by 100.
- Digested victims are cataloged in a unique inventory that shows which digested NPCs are inside the player's body at the time, with their respective names displayed for better roleplaying function.
- To make room for more victims, a player can either metabolize their digested prey to gain a permanent stat / skill bonus OR convert them into milk. This milk can be saved as an item to use in special recipes or consumed to put the prey back into the player's body.
- At much higher levels, the player can release NPCs and have them serve as enslaved followers, possibly with their own vore powers.
schnozzberrins
New to the forum

Postby DevourmentDev » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:45 am

schnozzberrins wrote:I'm wondering whether or not the mod should just be completely overhauled at this point. It feels like a game a telephone that's been passed around and recompiled by several people at this point that it's really just become a bit inconsistent. I've been thinking of some ways it could be a little cleaner and more consistent, as well as leave it open for more content to be added in the future:

- Players start off being able to digest one person at a time while having a total of ten digested prey in their bodies at once. As their level increases, they can obtain a maximum of five digesting at once and twenty people in total.
- After a person has been digested, they players weight will go up accordingly. As much as I like EBBB, I think it's better to have a system that allows players to make use of their own custom bodyslide parameters. Having ten people at once will raise the player's weight by 50, while twenty people will raise it by 100.
- Digested victims are cataloged in a unique inventory that shows which digested NPCs are inside the player's body at the time, with their respective names displayed for better roleplaying function.
- To make room for more victims, a player can either metabolize their digested prey to gain a permanent stat / skill bonus OR convert them into milk. This milk can be saved as an item to use in special recipes or consumed to put the prey back into the player's body.
- At much higher levels, the player can release NPCs and have them serve as enslaved followers, possibly with their own vore powers.

There is a suggestions thread, please discuss these ideas there.
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:14 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:You know what confuses me. There are people who do expressly underage art here, other games like Larapha a Witches Tale, Mysta's Vore Adventure, and Nyan Adventures, all have Vore Sceens involving children, some of them shocking and disturbing even my deadened sensibilities, yet for some reason it a hot button topic here.

I make a big deal about it in Nyan Adventures, everyone tells me to shut up, yet here its the opposite? What gives?

The difference is that in this case it was the mod creator that had a personal problem with underage vore and wanted it removed from their own mod. There was a poll not long ago where roughly 75% of people said they did not want it removed, but the mod creator decided it didn't sit well with them regardless.

If it's any consolation, the child vore bug was pretty, y'know... buggy. Children would not get bellies at all like adults, for instance. You'd just kinda disappear when eaten.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Terrafox » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:12 pm

so is there any idea when the next version will be?
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LEOEATER » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:11 am

Does anyone know the console command to revert your belly to normal? Digest isn't working
LEOEATER
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game