Devourment Update Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Devourment Update Thread

Postby DevourmentDev » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:49 pm

This thread will be dedicated to the continuing development of the Devourment Mod for Skyrim.

This is where new releases, patches and 'official' mods will be published for the foreseeable future.

This is NOT a request thread, it is NOT a whine thread, and attacks against any present, or past developers will not be tolerated.

There may at times be requests for bug-hunters, alpha and beta testers, and of course if someone has a legitimate issue with their installation, help and advice is welcome.

Devourment 0.7x
Spoiler: show
Coming soon: More bugfixes. Once we have stabilized Devourment 0.7x.x we will move on to animations and new powers.

---------------
ATTENTION!
---------------

Devourment 0.70.2

The next stage of Devourment's development. ALPHA Release, Bugs are expected. If you have ever asked how to install any part of devourment or it's mods, this is probably not for you.

I MEAN this. There is a VERY high chance this will break your game. This release is for people willing and ABLE to test and fix faults on their own and post workaround and fixes.

Merged: devourment 0.65c, BellyFromWeightSliderModTest, UnifiedDevourmentPatch

Included: GenderSpecificSounds, HDT Physics addon, My own bodyslide setup.

Delete: All devourment related files. Uninstall ALL previous Devourment mods and files. Make sure your game files, and other mods are all up to date before you install this mod. It would be advantageous to already have a working physics install, and a preferred bodyslide preset to use. Failing that, the stuff bundled in with this mod ought to work.

Ideally start with a clean install, copy the contents of the folder into your Data folder, activate Devourment.esm, GenderSpecificSounds.esp and HDT Havok Object.esp, run LooT, start skyrim from the SKSE shortcut. Your existing save SHOULD work. But it would still be better to start a fresh game.

If you find the bodyslide and physics I have provided do not work for you, it is safe to overwrite them, as long as you use a PSB type body. I am still testing armors and clothing packs, and looking at permissions for sharing prebuilt sets of these so armors and clothing might not work for you out of the box.

It may or may not function, this is quite a complex build. There is a lack of cleaning carried out, this is very much a WIP. ENSURE YOU HAVE A FRESH BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING. I cannot assist you in rolling back to any version prior to 0.70 - A sanitized release of 0.65 may be presented in future, but it will NOT be actively developed or receive any further updates beyond the fix to bring it in line with this forum's rules.

Added: Redblue's EBBB powers now appear on any character, and technically should be available to NPC's as well, although there is no way for them to know to use them. However,

watch out for bugs relating to NPCs using weird spells, and report them back to me.

Removed: A bug involving child NPC's. Any vore interaction with child-NPC's is a BUG and UNINTENDED. Please report any instances of this to me by PM ASAP.

Known issues: Some weirdness involving Ryanshows Stranger mod. I would advise caution when using it for the time being. Redblue's mod has been merged, but the scripts need to be cleaned up and checked. So there might be old bugs from his mod that cause issues, especially relating to Belly scaling and NPCs.

FEEDBACK: I need to know what's broken, what causes crashes, bugs, errors, everything. Please drop me a PM with a bug report as soon as it happens, and DO try to repeat the bug a few times to confirm it's not just a one-off glitch.

Latest Update 0.70.1 Alpha - infinite loop and belch sound fixes hopefully applied - My computer is suffering a hardware casualty right now so I am reduced to compiling what I hope are fixes and requesting people playtest them.

Update 0.70.2 - Problem with the RAR file not containing all the files fixed. Gender specific sounds reverted for not to check a bug fix has been correctly applied before further audio edits. Ensure EBBB has been disabled or removed prior to installing this, and set Prey to Absorbed in the SKSE Menu. One bug report indicates disabling NPC preds helps, this needs further testing.

Remember, make regular backups when testing mods!

Big thanks to everyone who's given me feedback, bug reports, and things they have found that fixes problems! It's much appreciated.

-----------BUGGY ALPHA RELEASE Devourment 0.70.2-----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/za9fpbgsxq36h ... d.rar?dl=0

Devourment 0.65d

Okay, this is an updated version of Devourment 0.65

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uqhnmtpu0g7j ... d.rar?dl=0

What it does: Fixes the bug old devourment had with Children. I have been able to communicate with Vegan regarding this, he has confirmed it was unintended, and would NOT have released devourment with such a 'feature'.

It is otherwise STRICTLY a vanilla release of Devourment 0.65

It does not include any of the fixes, addons or meshes that have been released, it is JUST Devourment. However for people wishing to build mods based on 0.65c, this is the best version to start with.

If you as a modder really REALLY want to have Children active for Vore acts, you are free to create your own mod to do so. But you will have to post it on the Underage forum and I will have nothing to do with supporting it.

Having taken on feedback from the community, I am shelving the 0.7 versions for now (Still available under the spoiler tags above). RedBlue's edit will still work with 0.65d, so you can manually 'upgrade' if you wish. I will be saving further development of NiNode based bellies for if/when a Devourment-style mod for Fallout is undertaken.
Last edited by DevourmentDev on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

Re: Devourment Update Thread

Postby DevourmentDev » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:49 pm

------------
Reserved
-----------
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

Postby DevourmentDev » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:50 pm

------------
Reserved
-----------
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

Postby John » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Cannot wait to see what will be planned for the mod.
John
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:35 pm

posting just to watch the topic. Love this mod, though had to remove it do to bugs still a great way to overpower a play through.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby thedragon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Yeah I can't wait either!
thedragon
???

Postby thedragon » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:10 am

is it going to be f/f and f/m or is there going to be more
thedragon
???

Postby ian66613 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:00 am

Hopefully we'll see POV Support as well as going with your predator while prey into new cells and indoors.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby thedragon » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:06 am

How about the swallowing animation?
thedragon
???

Postby NekoYuki » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:53 pm

thedragon wrote:is it going to be f/f and f/m or is there going to be more

There's already feral preds in the other devourment topic. but there will be no M/preds if that's what your asking. that has been made very clear repeatedly involving this mod.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby cakemanisreal » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Yeah...There was already mention that they will never consider on adding male preds to the Devourment mod at all...
I will be planning on making a new modpack exclusively for ATLauncher; GajinCraft! I'll need help on which mods to add to this modpack,through...
cakemanisreal
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CookiesTheBear » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Also posting just so I can keep in touch~

Love it.
CookiesTheBear
New to the forum

Postby ekadragon » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:26 pm

I'm curious about how this mod will extend but what most have said about point of view, unbirth and the such has already been mentioned in other topics for this. Still, I will be watching to see what progress there is for the mod and what fun can be had as things develop. Good luck, I'll be rooting for you!
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby DigiThing » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:28 am

Better pump out the good stuff ASAP.
Cuz you know when Fallout 4 comes out, a vore mod will follow.
Then this mod will be put on the back-burners (if not the fridge) for almost everyone
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sideromelane » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:27 am

DigiThing wrote:Better pump out the good stuff ASAP.
Then this mod will be put on the back-burners (if not the fridge) for almost everyone

I'd reserve judgement on that. Bethesda is still VERY keen on paid-for modding, and there is no guarantee that it will even be possible. No-one else so far has managed to replicate Devourment after all, despite a lot of people loudly demanding someone ought to...

Knowing how these things go, it might be possible to 'port to Fallout 4, but it also depends on the availability of mod tools - no creation kit or G.E.C.K., no mods beyond very basic texture and mesh edits. And it took something like 6 months for the CK to be released for Skyrim.

Believe me it's something I would very much LIKE to do. Skyrim is decent, but it's ageing, and the graphics are showing it. I just hope Bethesda don't put barriers in the way of free modding.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoraciousArtistry » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:44 am

Sideromelane wrote:
DigiThing wrote:Better pump out the good stuff ASAP.

I'd reserve judgement on that. Bethesda is still VERY keen on paid-for modding, and there is no guarantee that it will even be possible. No-one else so far has managed to replicate Devourment after all, despite a lot of people loudly demanding someone ought to...

Knowing how these things go, it might be possible to 'port to Fallout 4, but it also depends on the availability of mod tools - no creation kit or G.E.C.K., no mods beyond very basic texture and mesh edits. And it took something like 6 months for the CK to be released for Skyrim.

Believe me it's something I would very much LIKE to do. Skyrim is decent, but it's ageing, and the graphics are showing it. I just hope Bethesda don't put barriers in the way of free modding.

It also depends on what will be happening with any changes to steam's policy on modding, they are still considering paid mods in upcoming titles,, though they have not stated which title these actually are, I'd also point out that I still think that with enough processing power Skyrim can still compete with some of the more modern games, especially with the newest shader mods being released on the nexus.
VoraciousArtistry
Participator

Postby DarkPinkie » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:00 am

Sideromelane wrote:I'd reserve judgement on that. Bethesda is still VERY keen on paid-for modding, and there is no guarantee that it will even be possible. No-one else so far has managed to replicate Devourment after all, despite a lot of people loudly demanding someone ought to...

Bethesda has claimed that all the mods for Fallout 4 will be free forever (or maybe that was if you got a season pass. I have to look into that). Also the mod tools will come out early 2016 for fallout 4 (estimated February). They also claim it will contain all the same tools as the developers themselves used to make the game (not counting any 3rd party software they used).

Also, just because Fallout 4 will receive more attention than previous titles does not mean that modding in older titles will stop fully. Heck there is still The Elders Scrolls: Morrowind mods being released on a fairly regular basis still. That game is 13 years old. Just because something shinier have come around does not mean its the only thing modders look at. Maybe a Devourment mod will show up for fallout 4 (I sure hope so), but that does not mean the Skyrim one dies entirely.

Hmm. Maybe I should start learning code and get into modding... Or even be so pretentious that I might start develop my own game. . . Nah that sounds like to much work and I am way to lazy of a person.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby ian66613 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:51 am

Fallout 4 doesn't use an engine Bethesda has used in the past anyway, so they'd have to make a brand new GECK for people to use. Also, first-person may be easier to do in fallout 4 because they have a toggle for it when talking to NPCs.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Sideromelane » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:02 pm

For clarification, Bethesda have always given players the same tools they themselves developed - its why the creation kit is so powerful, it's not a post release thing, its a slightly cut down version of the developers own software.

Fallout 4 will be interesting, but lets wait and see.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:53 pm

doubt fallout 4 will take this mods thunder... vore doesn't really fit the vibe of fallout that and hard vore is already in fallout games and is quite prominent if you think about it.

So fallout has hard vore in game, and skyrim has soft vore in mod, think I like skyrim better lol. anyway skyrim has a better fantasy vibe which vore fits into more and can be placed into with less lore break hell vore exists in the elder scrolls lore, though it exists there as a trait of one really messed up vampire cult.

Though if you ever want to make a story jumping point in lore that can be used, make it a power of a subtype of vampires... though that would either break werewolf vore players or require really good writing to explain why a werewolf could be a werewolf and a vorepire... (bad pun).
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game