Devourment Update Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Update Thread

Postby Aces » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:39 pm

Balgias wrote:The joy of having anti-american, PC authoritarian forum moderators are the reason that we don't have people that create content for everyone to enjoy and things often derail into a crying-contest for moderator action, lol.

I can't even begin to adequately express what nonsense this comment is. Just; really? The reason we don't have people that create content for everyone is entitled pricks who think that everyone else has to create content for them. If you want something, make it yourself. Don't blame moderators, because moderators aren't a relevant factor here. Otherwise, don't complain.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Balgias wrote:The joy of having anti-american, PC authoritarian forum moderators are the reason that we don't have people that create content for everyone to enjoy and things often derail into a crying-contest for moderator action, lol.

I really do not know why some ppl keep being salty. You should be thankfull that there is f/m, f/f, f/multiple, vore mod. If you want to have all kind of vore in skyrim just make it yourself or hire someone to do that for you.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AMCJavelin » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Don't get me wrong: I have a special hatred for PC authoritarian. But the reason we don't have much content for the enjoyment of everyone is because people are going to make content based on their own likes. It just happens that most of the people making content seem to only like female predators, on top of that they are most popular. I will say that the situation with this mod was poorly handled but its over with now. I would love it if someone made a vore mod successor for Skyrim, ideally a framework mod so the people of the community could make their own add-on mods that featured whatever they wanted, which is what Devourment should have been in the first place. I would make my own mod but I don't have the programming knowledge to do it.
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby Balgias » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:09 am

AMCJavelin wrote:

Don't get me wrong: I have a special hatred for PC authoritarian. But the reason we don't have much content for the enjoyment of everyone is because people are going to make content based on their own likes. It just happens that most of the people making content seem to only like female predators, on top of that they are most popular. I will say that the situation with this mod was poorly handled but its over with now. I would love it if someone made a vore mod successor for Skyrim, ideally a framework mod so the people of the community could make their own add-on mods that featured whatever they wanted, which is what Devourment should have been in the first place. I would make my own mod but I don't have the programming knowledge to do it.

Vegan left the product unfinished and quite incomplete and doesn't want to work on it, but is happy to pop and report an update to the mod that violates her preferences.
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:57 am

The fact that creators sometimes allow their personal preferences to take priority over the actual quality of their game/mod sucks.
The fact that people feel they don't need to accept creators' decisions also sucks.
The whole "Lol just go make your own game." rhetoric sucks a lot too.

Unfortunately, we have no control over those first two things. The first is just kind of a result of the borderline zero competition environment and the second is caused by the first. What we can do is stop being dicks to each other, which happens to eliminate that third suckage.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Urielzael2 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Artemis wrote:The fact that creators sometimes allow their personal preferences to take priority over the actual quality of their game/mod sucks.
The fact that people feel they don't need to accept creators' decisions also sucks.
The whole "Lol just go make your own game." rhetoric sucks a lot too.

Unfortunately, we have no control over those first two things. The first is just kind of a result of the borderline zero competition environment and the second is caused by the first. What we can do is stop being dicks to each other, which happens to eliminate that third suckage.

Well, look at bright sight. Vegan had made really good piece of code, together with other user involed in devourment as it's devourment itself and submods for devourment like: 'stranger mod', 'natures bounty', 'multiprey' are compatible with SSE even with lack of SKSE (ofc not 100% but better have something than not having something bigger am I right :D).

I understand you though, I wish I would have programing skills to add herms (like succubus talented in granting fantasies of males and females than devour them). We have to respect creator decissions though as he/she put his/her time and effort into this (I am talking about creators overall, not just Vegan now).
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:30 pm

Well I like it anyway, it does everything I could personally ask of it. I can definitely see some really bad design choices that are deservingly criticized by those they impact, though. Pointlessly breaking compatibility with popular mods, going out of their way to suppress versions with male vore...

But while I may not be able to "respect" those design choices, I can accept them because the complaints and criticism have been made already and the creator(s) simply did not and will not care. Nothing to be done or gained from continuing to argue. Y'know?
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Balgias wrote:
AMCJavelin wrote:

Vegan left the product unfinished and quite incomplete and doesn't want to work on it, but is happy to pop and report an update to the mod that violates her preferences.

I do not think that is true. I made a point about this once before that those reports are bogus, and unless I misunderstood something, the consensus was that a mod with no licensing attached to it is not protected by any such copyright nonsense. The word of Eka was, if I recall correctly, that "copyright laws would be enforced" and this was in direct response to an earlier comment I once made about how Bethesda owns the rights, and not the mod creator, and the mod creator's desires are completely null and moot except if you respect them as an individual. Legally, there's no red tape.

I insist that the reason there's no male version is, one, no one wants to make a male version, and two, CBBE has no male models.

In short, if you want to make a male version, fuck the original creator's underhanded wants and needs. If I made one, I'd upload it to Dropbox or something and say to hell with their opinions. If I got in trouble for it here on Aryion, I'd argue that being punished for it is bogus, because that would be like if I drew (or had commissioned) my Fallout character Zuzen, who is a Deathclaw hybrid, then someone else made a different Deathclaw hybrid who was a herm. I don't like herms. Do I get to demand copyright take down for stealing my work because I don't like herms? Fuck no, because Deathclaws aren't owned by me.

Obviously check with Eka or something before doing this because I'm not a moderator still. This is how I understand the rules, even if explained a bit brashly. If I'm incorrect about something I'm sure I'll hear about it.

Artemis wrote:Well I like it anyway, it does everything I could personally ask of it. I can definitely see some really bad design choices that are deservingly criticized by those they impact, though. Pointlessly breaking compatibility with popular mods, going out of their way to suppress versions with male vore...

But while I may not be able to "respect" those design choices, I can accept them because the complaints and criticism have been made already and the creator(s) simply did not and will not care. Nothing to be done or gained from continuing to argue. Y'know?

I don't know where there's any proof in this statement.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:49 pm

...You mean other than the male vore version of Devourment that used to exist (I think it was 0.5X or something?), the creator specifically asking people not to modify devourment for male vore and the mods that used to be compatible with it and now aren't? (RS Children, for example) These things aren't exactly a secret, and that mod incompatibility is important to remember if you plan on installing the mod these days to avoid breaking your game. (To clarify, you should be cautious when installing any mod that modifies children alongside Devourment if you're using 0.65d or above)
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hernextmeal » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Artemis wrote:...You mean other than the male vore version of Devourment that used to exist (I think it was 0.5X or something?), the creator specifically asking people not to modify devourment for male vore and the mods that used to be compatible with it and now aren't? (RS Children, for example) These things aren't exactly a secret, and that mod incompatibility is important to remember if you plan on installing the mod these days to avoid breaking your game. (To clarify, you should be cautious when installing any mod that modifies children alongside Devourment if you're using 0.65d or above)

Don't get me wrong, it's silly, but the former was because Vegan was (supposedly, at least) commissioned with instruction to never support male preds. The latter is a matter of bad implementation - Vegan didn't want to have the mod by default support children (and Eka said if it's going to it needs to be in the Underage forum for legal reasons) but the only way they found to blacklist them was to change the code for every child NPC in the game which fucks up other mods (but would be fairly easy to get around if anyone actually wants to do so.)

Honestly, the only way any advancement is going to happen is with a full rewrite and since 0.7 didn't pan out it's probably best that people focus on doing it from scratch when SKSE for SSE comes out.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:09 pm

The mod really should be redone. It's notoriously buggy. I'd like the development to be open source though. The Fallout vore mod was supposed to be like that but I don't think it panned out that way unless I misunderstood something.

Also, yes, the whole underaged vore thing is a valid reason not to have it here. That's a mistake of programming rather than choice by design, hence the 'd' patch.
Last edited by Aces on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby paperairplaneclip » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Aces wrote:The mod really should be redone. It's notoriously buggy. I'd like the development to be open source though. The Fallout vore mod was supposed to be like that but I don't think it panned out that way unless I misunderstood something.

The fallout vore mod IS open source. All of the source files and scripts are included in the mod.
Also, the source code for Skyrim devourment can easily be obtained by decompiling the compiled files included in the mod.
paperairplaneclip
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Urielzael2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:40 am

Little fact, child (girls) in skyrim can also use devourment (vanilla one if you change their agression through console). In skyrim SSE if you help girl you still can be devoured (w/o being digested as Fuz Ro Do'h require SKSE) by her (w/o crush) and with playable childs you also can use devourment as young girl.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:59 am

hernextmeal wrote:Don't get me wrong, it's silly, but the former was because Vegan was (supposedly, at least) commissioned with instruction to never support male preds. The latter is a matter of bad implementation - Vegan didn't want to have the mod by default support children (and Eka said if it's going to it needs to be in the Underage forum for legal reasons) but the only way they found to blacklist them was to change the code for every child NPC in the game which fucks up other mods (but would be fairly easy to get around if anyone actually wants to do so.)

There are some important details being left out and I could go on several rants explaining why "silly" is far too nice a word to describe those explanations, but it wouldn't really accomplish anything other than maybe provoking an argument.

I still have 0.65c, which is the same as 0.65d only without the mod compatibility problems, which is all I really care about, so I'm all set. While I'm on this topic, I'm allowed to give you that version of the mod if you request it in private. It just can't be posted here on the public/non-underage area of the forum because regardless of legal concerns being unfounded, Eka is the law of this land.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Balgias » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:23 am

Yeah I'm not at all for under-age little kiddos being part of a vore mod but I realllly don't think that the mod is responsible for allowing that to happen or not just as it should be responsible for restricting animals for being pred and prey as well just because house cats and sabretooth exist in the same game.

If you're going to be inclusive and make the most amount of people love your product you make it upon the values of not being discriminatory, racist, spiciest, and in this mod in particularly, sexist.

" You can eat kids with this mod, omg. " Yeah you can also eat pretty much anything with a pulse, what you do with the mod doesn't matter that much, fiiiiiction guys, caaaaalm.
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby kongpow » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:00 am

Balgias wrote:Yeah I'm not at all for under-age little kiddos being part of a vore mod but I realllly don't think that the mod is responsible for allowing that to happen or not just as it should be responsible for restricting animals for being pred and prey as well just because house cats and sabretooth exist in the same game.

If you're going to be inclusive and make the most amount of people love your product you make it upon the values of not being discriminatory, racist, spiciest, and in this mod in particularly, sexist.

" You can eat kids with this mod, omg. " Yeah you can also eat pretty much anything with a pulse, what you do with the mod doesn't matter that much, fiiiiiction guys, caaaaalm.

It's a free non profit mod which serves no other purpose but a fetish. There is zero production value in this " free mod", and your over here going on about consumer equality and social justice...

This pointless debate is almost 5 years old now. Vegan is long gone, do whatever you want with the mod now.

This thread should probably be locked like the others if it's just going to spiral into the same unconstructive bicker and protesting that got the last ones locked.
Devourment v.65d Legacy Pack

http://tinyurl.com/z3faw96

^^^LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD/GUIDE^^^

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zarachrest1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:31 am

Can everyone stop arguing, this is literally the most childish thing I have ever seen. It was over a year ago that VoreLover and her team made the male version of Devourment and people are still getting salty that Vegan came back and had it removed. So what if they gave up production of it, it was still their mod that was used as the skeleton of the new mod, they have every right to come in and be like "You know what, just stop" and that's because it was their mod that was used to create it. If you have a problem with that then by all means make your own mod and then see how you feel when people change it into something it wasn't meant to be, but until you have done that stop complaining and just enjoy the mod.
zarachrest1
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:40 pm

zarachrest1 wrote:Can everyone stop arguing, this is literally the most childish thing I have ever seen. It was over a year ago that VoreLover and her team made the male version of Devourment and people are still getting salty that Vegan came back and had it removed. So what if they gave up production of it, it was still their mod that was used as the skeleton of the new mod, they have every right to come in and be like "You know what, just stop" and that's because it was their mod that was used to create it. If you have a problem with that then by all means make your own mod and then see how you feel when people change it into something it wasn't meant to be, but until you have done that stop complaining and just enjoy the mod.

But that's just incorrect. We've been over this. If someone has that mod, post it. The problem is I think nobody has it.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ForgetfulHatter » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:40 pm

not 100% sure if this is safe or even legit......but

I found this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX1nrUPr_mE

1:36 it has a lesser power actived old style menu like before skyui/mcm was made and integrated

A comment on that video links to
http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoin ... 2.exe?dl=0
the link is disabled from too much traffic and even in the link it says "RTYGdemo2.exe"
so im unsure what exactly it is...

but that video.......look how fast the swallow is done!

I really really hope theres a version of this lying around somewhere....it looks so much faster and with alot less script lag....
but chances are.....there might not be dialogue or skills or something worse..
ForgetfulHatter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Urielzael2 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:23 am

ForgetfulHatter wrote:
1:36 it has a lesser power actived old style menu like before skyui/mcm was made and integrated

In every devourment there is spell (lesser power) "View devourment options". I've just added it via console. Just type 'help devourment', then find the spell number and finally type 'player.addspell X (where X is number of spell you've found)'. Menu activated by view devourment options is also working with SSE which is nice.
BTW EBBB and EnchancedEBBB wasn't working with SSE (pherhapse they really need SKSE to be working), yet other devourment submods I've listed before seems to working fine.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game