Unofficial SSVM, Server Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Unofficial SSVM, Server Thread

Postby Sheights » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:59 am

This thread is dedicated to the status and configuration of the server you all play on. Feel free to also post points of interest in the universe for people to visit.
If your game randomly crashes or kicks you to your ship it's probably because you don't have the right mods.
To join the server send a PM to me and the IP will be given out there.

Server Status: UP
Mods list:

and of course

Screwclamp has been kind enough to make a steam group for the server. You may meet with people here and coordinate your game efforts
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SSVMC

Latest Update April 25th:

I now have a dedicated server I have rented. The other one is apparently still up so you may use that one if you prefer it. The rented one is not hosting Frackin Universe at this time, your planets are not uploaded because of this. but they are archived for use at a later date. I'm sorry, but Frackin was a headache.
If you want to join, you need to join the discord here: https://discord.gg/0yLp9mM55hkFPKpY
Discord is a relatively new, free, Skype alternative. I find a discord will be the easiest way for people to communicate with eachother, manage permissions, and keep you up to date with server updates
When you join I need to OK you, so I can keep track of everyone who has. When you are OKd you'll see a new channel off to the left, there you can find the server information.

Odd having two servers, you can easily play on both and if you play carefully they can be used on both servers.
Last edited by Sheights on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 63 times in total.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Unofficial SSVM, Server Thread

Postby SpotTea » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm not too sure if everyone starts on the same planet. If so, made a little settlement at spawn for those starting a new character etc. A nice little safe area.... aside the preds.

Do whatever you want with it ^_^
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby Fevix » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:06 pm

SpotTea wrote:I'm not too sure if everyone starts on the same planet. If so, made a little settlement at spawn for those starting a new character etc. A nice little safe area.... aside the preds.

Do whatever you want with it ^_^

Coords would be nice, in case.
Fevix
Somewhat familiar

Postby SpotTea » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Fevix wrote:Coords would be nice, in case.

Found out starting planets are different for all.

So moved to the centre of the universe:
-9, 0: Electronica Legion I (What a name!)

Will be slowly making a settlement there over time~
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby ArgobargSoup » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Someone did make a server config thingy that ya can find over on the Starbound mod thingy. It'll let ya set a server so everyone starts on the same planet, although I'm not sure if ya can pick which one...

On the other hand if someone's outright startin' a new character, an untouched garden world/planetary system still fulla resources is kinda useful.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sheights » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:18 pm

"We feel it's in the best interests if players start out on a unique planet and work their way towards getting their FTL drive up and traveling to the HUB themselves. Otherwise the game would get kinda boring having everything handed to you so easily." - all mighty server provider.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dezzykitsune » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:30 pm

For some reason I can't get back on the server, the game keeps crashing on me.
dezzykitsune
Artist

Postby Sheights » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:38 pm

dezzykitsune wrote:For some reason I can't get back on the server, the game keeps crashing on me.

errm. I need your character name and your starbound.log file. What were you doing when this happened?
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dezzykitsune » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:11 am

Sheights wrote:
dezzykitsune wrote:For some reason I can't get back on the server, the game keeps crashing on me.

errm. I need your character name and your starbound.log file. What were you doing when this happened?

The problem was fixed. I didn't update one of the mods
dezzykitsune
Artist

Postby Sheights » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:49 am

dezzykitsune wrote:
Sheights wrote:

The problem was fixed. I didn't update one of the mods

I know, I'm Kuli in game :)
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Horatius Horatio » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:27 am

I know that it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but would the server provider be willing to add "http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/the-pony-modpack.1775/" to the list of mods?
Horatius Horatio
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sheights » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:02 am

Horatius Horatio wrote:I know that it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but would the server provider be willing to add "http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/the-pony-modpack.1775/" to the list of mods?

If you are saying you would like to join the server if we added it then yes, but I don't have you on the list of people who asked for the IP... so like. I'm probably not going to add a mod that no one is going to use...
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wierdo2000 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:52 am

added lots of Vore AI's at the Electronica Legion I base, hope you guys dont mind, I was bored and alone :b
wierdo2000
Somewhat familiar

Postby ekadragon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:10 am

Hmm, after a while of playing on the server, I kept getting 'client ship error' while on my starting planet on the server which kicked me from the server. I tried to get back on but after a short while on my planet? Client ship error. Is there any reason why this should be happening? I can identify where exactly this occurs, there's a arcade on my starting planet and it crashes near that.

Also... wierd it calls a 'ship error' when there's nothing on my avali ship that's out of place.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sheights » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:16 am

ekadragon wrote:Hmm, after a while of playing on the server, I kept getting 'client ship error' while on my starting planet on the server which kicked me from the server. I tried to get back on but after a short while on my planet? Client ship error. Is there any reason why this should be happening? I can identify where exactly this occurs, there's a arcade on my starting planet and it crashes near that.

Also... wierd it calls a 'ship error' when there's nothing on my avali ship that's out of place.

Are you sure? Any item the server doesn't recognize will result in an error. Try making a stash on a planet of all your furniture in single player and then try joining with an empty ship.

On the subject of the hub, you guys seem to be afraid of flooding due to rain. I placed 10 of this object in a chest that should ease your fears without having to have holes in the floor.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SpotTea » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Sheights wrote:On the subject of the hub, you guys seem to be afraid of flooding due to rain. I placed 10 of this object in a chest that should ease your fears without having to have holes in the floor.

Hehe, I hadn't quite gotton around to it, but there's a sewer section of the town that'll emerge for both some water features later, as well as the slimer side of life sized snacking~ ;D
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sheights » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:14 pm

I am aware of the error caused by joining the hub. I'm trying to fix it. I will not let it fall!
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SpotTea » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Sheights wrote:I am aware of the error caused by joining the hub. I'm trying to fix it. I will not let it fall!

Uh oh, do let us know when it's safe to join! ^_^

Edit*
Oh, yes, and I may have run out of plain panels ^__^;;;
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sheights » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:40 pm

wierdo2000, I need to talk to you, I sent you a PM. Get back to me ASAP.

Okay so the hub world is dead. I estimate it was caused by an offending piece of mod content. When I talk to wierdo hopefully I can figure out what it was, but until then the hub world is dead

We made a back up of the hub world if we get it fixed. There is no working Starbound world editor. So we can't remove the offending object without being on the world. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry....

You may request supplies to start anew, anything you want in any quantity.

Again I'm really really sorry.

(Please be careful about what you join the server with.)
Last edited by Sheights on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ekadragon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Sheights wrote:
ekadragon wrote:Hmm, after a while of playing on the server, I kept getting 'client ship error' while on my starting planet on the server which kicked me from the server. I tried to get back on but after a short while on my planet? Client ship error. Is there any reason why this should be happening? I can identify where exactly this occurs, there's a arcade on my starting planet and it crashes near that.

Are you sure? Any item the server doesn't recognize will result in an error. Try making a stash on a planet of all your furniture in single player and then try joining with an empty ship.

On the subject of the hub, you guys seem to be afraid of flooding due to rain. I placed 10 of this object in a chest that should ease your fears without having to have holes in the floor.

My avali ship has only a wooden crafting table and a yarn spinner on it. No other item.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game