Farlied: The Burgstadt Chronicle

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Which system would you prefer?

Traditional(Mysta's Myst)
92%
Timed(Pikman)
8%

Total votes : 307

Re: Farlied: The Burgstadt Chronicle

Postby Sightseerdraws » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:11 am

Since you guys are asking, I might as well update on the situation.

Good news and bad news. Bad news is that one week was a TERRIBLE underestimation of the time it would take to complete the initial version. Good news is that the hard bits have been ironed out, and it should be smooth sailing from here. I'm not going to give an ETA on the first release, because I'm awful with deadlines, but expect it soon(Trademark).
Sightseerdraws
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:52 am

Sightseerdraws wrote:Since you guys are asking, I might as well update on the situation.

Good news and bad news. Bad news is that one week was a TERRIBLE underestimation of the time it would take to complete the initial version. Good news is that the hard bits have been ironed out, and it should be smooth sailing from here. I'm not going to give an ETA on the first release, because I'm awful with deadlines, but expect it soon(Trademark).

That's fine man, sucks to hear though
Can't wait to see it when you put it out! ^^
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:21 am

A possible spiritual successor to Vore Night?!?(at least in features) AND, an aliment system, with Story Based CONSEQUENCES!?! FUCKING SOLD!!!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
Turbotowns
???

Postby mysta » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:35 am

Sounds promising, hope the motivation persists!

Mysta
Support me on Patreon for early access, polls and other bonus content! https://www.patreon.com/Mysta
mysta
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darknessblades » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:55 am

hope we get a demo soon,
darknessblades
Participator

Postby forumlurker » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:44 pm

This sounds very promising, but apparantly you've hit a snag. I was wondering if I could contribute in a way. For example, I don't mind providing you with maps if that would remove some of the workload.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tsubasa17 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Will there be any macro/micro, giantess, shrinking, and/or the like?
Tsubasa17
Somewhat familiar

Location: Somewhere to the west and somewhere to the east. Not north, I'm a Southerner.

Postby KiaTheHarpy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:58 pm

it has been a month can you give an amount of time till a demo comes out?
KiaTheHarpy
Been posting for a bit

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:39 am

KiaTheHarpy wrote:it has been a month can you give an amount of time till a demo comes out?

Calm down bro.

A demo ETA is demanding alot.

If you want to know how far along the game is just ask what progress has been like.

Questions like yours are the kind of things that pile on a creators shoulders, and make them give up.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RC8015 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:12 am

They do these games because they want to, they dont get any payment for their work (maybe just some donations). So let Sightseerdraws take all the time he needs. Things done in a hurry or under rush are never really good. So lets just stay calm and wait, and i bet that once Sightseerdraws has enough time, he publishes a demo version. Programing games can be a real drag, believe me....
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Monopolus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:38 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
KiaTheHarpy wrote:it has been a month can you give an amount of time till a demo comes out?

Calm down bro.

If you want to know how far along the game is just ask what progress has been like.

Questions like yours are the kind of things that pile on a creators shoulders, and make them give up.

An ETA is just 'when do YOU think this is going to be ready?' it's not 'WAAH I WANT A DEMO'.

I don't frankly care if a game maker takes 2 weeks or 2 years to make a great, quality product; I'd just want to know out of curiosity what said timeline is. There's a difference between asking and demanding.
Monopolus
???

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:47 am

Monopolus wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:

Calm down bro.

An ETA is just 'when do YOU think this is going to be ready?' it's not 'WAAH I WANT A DEMO'.

I don't frankly care if a game maker takes 2 weeks or 2 years to make a great, quality product; I'd just want to know out of curiosity what said timeline is. There's a difference between asking and demanding.

An ETA is not some inacuious little thing. Alot of beginners have no idea what they are doing, and have no metric to base when something will be completed. At minimum you are asking them to take full stock of everything they have done, how much progress they have made, and the based on that essentially set a goal for them selves, which may be daunting.

Also the way you phrased it "It's been a month do you have an ETA", doesn't come off as a simple question it comes off as "I've been waiting, where is my damn demo."
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:46 pm

So, how are things progressing?
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Jaxed » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:43 am

It might be way too late to offer any suggestions, but I was wondering about something.

Since you are including a morality system in the game, perhaps there can be a rare option to not digest your prey? Of course, this would come with its own problems, like running around swallowing people even if you don't digest them would likely be highly frowned upon, you'd be leaving a lot of witnesses, and worst of all, you would be spending a lot of time not getting food and starving.

However, if you play your cards just right, right place, right time, right person, heck maybe even having the right stats (As in all of this would be more of a secret to the game rather than a mechanic) you'd end up with a prey who was willing, and if you spare that person new options would open up. Perhaps they'd help you take down a prey you normally wouldn't be able to because they are surrounded by guards, or perhaps they'd leave you a place to lay low if you got into too much trouble.

Just spitballin' ideas here.
Last edited by Jaxed on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Hivelord » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:27 pm

That would be interesting, it would also be interesting if you could try to "convert" npcs into becoming prey. If you do it wrong they call the gaurds, if you do it right you get a npc always willing to go down youre gullet even if it might be the last time. But I also support the whole idea of releasing prey, I don't know why but when I find a npc that is willing to get eaten without any magic, threatening etc I always feel a bit sad that you get to eat them only once, I always wished that you had some way of bringing them back and doing it as many times as you like.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby SerenaBlaze » Thu May 12, 2016 9:42 am

Cant wait for official release :)
My AI Arts Gallery (Eka Forum): viewtopic.php?f=38&t=63971&p=2926809#p2926809

I also have commisions/drawn on my main gallery.
SerenaBlaze
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Thu May 12, 2016 10:10 am

Sightseerdraws wrote:Since you guys are asking, I might as well update on the situation.

They say the first half of a program takes 90% of the time, and the second half of the program takes the other 90% of the time. :wink:
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nuggholio » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:04 am

dead?
nuggholio
Participator

Postby 7twenty » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:25 am

Definitely dead.
7twenty
New to the forum