A High Stakes Game v1.993 **Updated 12-10-2021**

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.993 **Updated 12-10-2021**

Postby ilikevoree » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:46 pm

just finished the new 1.993 update gotta say im glad to finally see a little more content glad u finished the story good job man
ilikevoree
New to the forum

Postby Usernamewasntallowed » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:27 pm

Anyway to transfer save over to new version. I'm clueless on how to use cheat engine to get back to where I was
Usernamewasntallowed
New to the forum

Postby elions » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:15 pm

how do I get to the endings if Alex is not digested? I think I've tried all the ways, but I haven't found anything.
elions
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:54 pm

Oh wow, sorry guys, somehow I missed the last bit of activity on here.

Guide to get the true ending to the current last scene in spoilers below. The solution has been in Discord for a bit, but it's past time to have it here, too.

Spoiler: show
In the last scene use maneuver about 10 times, then rest for the rest of the time.

If you don't get "successful" maneuvers (High rolls) too many times in those 10, you'll survive at the end.

If you cheated your maneuver strength really high, you may need to adjust it back down. (About +20 would probably be within reason still, if a little high)

Saves are forward compatible from all previous versions. Can just copy the save files from the old version's directory into the new one and it will work perfectly.

And since I'm here, a minor status update. Drafts for the endings are underway. As with the dating scenes oh so long ago, the non-vore writing takes me a fair bit more time to pump out, so it will still be a while yet until I am able to get everything written and into a format for the game.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.911 **Updated 1-18-19**

Postby tojake2 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:45 pm

You cant force your escape from her, you need to survive a set amount of turns in her while keeping her entertained enough to let you out[/quote]

Ah... seriously? She made it sound like there was an option to get out the cool way, and not just be completely helpless to her, well then thanks anyways.
tojake2
New to the forum

Postby Tunknownusert » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:20 am

The proposal escape match with Eva... I think from a game-play point was very poorly designed. The whole game, the players are taught the basics more or less of the game, but then for this final battle, without warning the entire rule set was swapped around essentially leading to a very unenjoyably and frustrating "final battle".

Even after reading the "how to win" I still was losing. To anyone else having this issue...

Simply get to the final part where you can choose desperate attempt, panic or give up. Save here and edit the file and make sure to load the system.rvdata2 file from the data folder as well so you can more easily see what variable you are changing. Once opened, simply set Proposal Success Count = 0 and Proposal Maneuver Count = 10. This lets you then perform a desperate maneuver giving you the true ending.

While I did really enjoy the game overall... This final escape portion left a bad taste in my mouth.
Tunknownusert
Somewhat familiar

Postby tfwforgotpassword » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:24 pm

Question on the endings for the game, I think I may have missed something important. When I get to the scene where you
play the final game with Eva, I can get two outcomes: I struggle a reasonable amount, fail to escape, but get spat out and Eva chooses marriage, or I struggle enough to get her to finish digesting instead, which seems like a game over. Are there any other possible endings or am I being obtuse?
\__ ඞ ඞ Don't mind us down here, we're just venting. Move along, now.
tfwforgotpassword
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:45 pm

There are several potential conclusions to that last game. You've got the two primary ones, the other two are more failure states.

All endings to this scene:
-Attempt a number of maneuvers, but don't get more "successful" maneuvers than you have Empathy +2 -- At end of time without escaping Eva Accepts your proposal.
-Attempt a number of maneuvers, with a number of "Successes" -- Eva's predatory nature kicks in as she gets more excited by your efforts to escape and she decides that you being part of her is an even closer bond than marriage.
-Do not try very many maneuvers, and wait out the time with high affection -- Eva is disappointed in you for not trying to win, she lets you out so you can try again some other time, lose half of your affection.
-Do not try very many maneuvers, and wait out the time with low affection -- Eva is disappointed in you for not trying to win, feeling betrayed, chooses to digest you.

As others have said, I took a pretty sharp left turn on this one, intending to be a bit devious and make a bit of a puzzle for the last game, but definitely missed the mark. I fully intend to make further adjustments to this scene to make it clearer, as well as make your existing maneuver bonuses such a dangerous investment (Probably either making them have a hard cap for this scene, or have no effect at all. I've yet to decide on which route I'll take) As well as adding some more blatant clues beyond the dialogue hints that already exist as to what is happening and how to proceed accordingly. Thinking of some more shadowed background middle of screen explanation text, as I have in a few other places in the game.

I feel the latter goes against my intended design for the scene, while not implementing the stat adjustments at release was definitely a failure on my part. Making a twist of a final scene that reverses expectations is all well and good, but I feel like I was overly metagaming things a bit when designing the encounter, making it completely unwinnable in some circumstances, and thhat is totally unfair to everyone who has played and enjoyed my game and the story over the years.

In progress news, not a whole lot of momentum, there are not going to be any further game style sequences, and I just need to write up the
wedding
and the 3 or 4 (or 5, damn I still have too many ideas) planned endings, but as you might imagine given my pacing over time and the density of story left to write, finding the time to sit down and bang away at the keyboard is a challenge.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tfwforgotpassword » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:51 pm

Got it, was wondering if there was a way to get through after struggling too much. Thanks for the reply, and good luck on the rest of the game- I know how hard it can be to focus on a big project like this, let alone with a tight schedule, and you’ve done pretty well with the effort so far.
\__ ඞ ඞ Don't mind us down here, we're just venting. Move along, now.
tfwforgotpassword
New to the forum

Postby QAQAQ » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:58 am

Man this game is goooood, wish there can be an ending to it in the coming years. Do we never get to use Gwen’s gift ring tho? I was also not able to unlock the UB thing in the latest version after all the tutorials in the comment, had to load someone else’s posted file to make it work, I might be missing steps there, but otherwise a very satisfying game in the genre, thank you for the hard works
QAQAQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby WhatTheNani » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:21 pm

Initially came here just to figure out how the hell you get through the latest progress game, glad to see that's already been addressed and there are plans to make changes to it since its pretty counterintuitive compared to everything before it. Even seeing the solution, might wait until the game is finished and changes made to actually play through it, though. Even before looking for a solution I had tried a method of making a few escape attempts, and just waiting it out if it seemed like I was getting to a dangerous number of successes, but I guess the cutoff was early than I thought cause it was still a fail.

Regardless of that though, the setup made it seem like it might be a final game with no failstate, and though this is admittedly a matter of taste, I would have preferred it like that. It would have been sweet, and made a nice contrast to the beginning of the game that its clearly contrasting itself to, for no matter what happens you live and get married. Would extra emphasize how much your relationship has grown and how much eva has come to care about you. Normally I like having possible vorish conclusions, since really that's what I think a lot of us are here for, but in just this case it feels a little gross getting the digestion endings. Again, personal taste though.

For another matter of personal taste, and philosophy honestly, something that always bothered me about this game was the tension between the romantic and vorish elements. I don't want this to be taken as a criticism necessarily (its almost more of a reflection), but the more the game explored the elements of romance and empathy the more I ended up getting turned off from the vorish elements. It felt like the more the game focused on the morality of predators and their place in the world, the more my attention was drawn to the inherently murderous nature of the fetish, which I generally by necessity try to avoid. More than anything, that ended up really putting me off from eva, who was being set up as a very sweet and caring character on one hand, but was also a somewhat unrepentant mass murderer on the other, and the empathy training kinda just made it worse. I don't think there is anything that can really be done about it, since in trying to explore and justify a world where some people are forced to eat large numbers of others to survive you get into really muddy moral waters that the presence of magic kinda just make more confusing, but for me the way it clashed with my own personal philosophy and morality really put me off from the predator characters and the story and themes it seemed like the game was trying to explore.

Well, except for Zoey that is. I started playing this game before she was even added (when I picked it up I think the progress game where Eva tries to digest you was the last available content) and she is still by far my favorite thing in it. The hotness of her more aggressively predatorial nature aside, she's so naturally amoral that I don't end up bringing any morality of philosophy in and can just enjoy the vorish content with no strings attached. That's why, despite getting generally turned off by infidelity, I kinda want the infidelity scene teased with her. Kinda. Would probably still end up feeling gross about it the instant anyone got hurt or felt bad from it, which of course is guaranteed to happen.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby RandomExplosive » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:56 pm

Ok I just cant beat eva's mom I need a little guidance.
RandomExplosive
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:40 pm

The trick to Sandy is to make sure you don't let her stomach warm up. You'll want to get 2 or three decent maneuvers in per hour. There is a different message each time you rest based on if her acids are getting stronger or not. If you can keep ahead of her, she won't hurt you much at all, and you can out last her.

Alternatively, you can sink all of your points into acid resistance and save scum until you get a run where you pass all the rolls for taking acid damage at all.

Though, if you try that, you may find yourself taking upwards of 100 damage all at once on a failed roll.

Lastly, she doesn't like to be bored. If you maneuver poorly, don't massage much, or rest too much, she'll take things into her own hands. If she does, you won't be able to escape until she's finished, so you may as well help her get there to speed things along. Her belly ramps up quite a bit faster and harder each block that she spends attending to herself.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby StarSpectre » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:38 am

I keep trying to download the game, and it goes through- But then I try and launch and it's giving me an error about a VL Gothic font. Any clue?
StarSpectre
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:10 am

That sounds like you may be missing the rtp.

If you google "rpgmaker vx Ace rtp" you should be able to find what you need.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chaos3 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:27 am

Oh! Discord link is invalid. Might need an update. Or it's my computer. Just checking on the newest updates.
Chaos3
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:03 pm

Out of an excess of caution, I've updated the DIscord link. I think it was still working, but a new perpetual link has been added to the OP.

There hasn't been much by way of activity in Dev, my cycles are pretty well occupied with work, and life, and feeling old. But we always welcome people to join the Discord. Chat about the game, catch up on the sometimes pretty in-depth lore/worldbuilding discussions, pester me to put pen to paper from time to time in hopes of seeing the finale, y'know, typical Discord stuff.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chaos3 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:49 am

Working now ty.
I'm not much for pestering. Just checking on progress every so many months/years. I'd rather wait another few years for a proper update then have a rushed release. Still my favorite game. Keep up the good work.
Chaos3
Been posting for a bit

Postby Toxicemp447 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:06 pm

Someone should make charecter ai chat bots for this game would be super cool.
Toxicemp447
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:07 pm

I believe there is one out there for Eva. Unsure of the current state however, it was put together a little ways back.

It should be linked in the announcements channel of the Discord.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore game