A High Stakes Game v1.993 **Updated 12-10-2021**

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.712 (Updated 8-29-16)

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:00 am

Orosaki wrote:How about a win condition where you end up lasting so long the pred gives up trying to digest you? This win condition infers that you end up outlasting the endurance of your predator by simply doing nothing. Of course in some cases being able to do so would require as much work as trying to escape normally, but it would add a bit more to the game. There's also a stack overflow problem that causes the game to crash if played for too many rounds in one sitting. It doesn't stop me from progressing unless i forget to save often. It is still annoying though.

How many rounds does it take to get that crash then?
I've certainly attempted something similar with Zoey where her different scripted conversation ends after 12 rounds and just repeats after that.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Dracon_Kitsune » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Would be interesting if after round 12, Zoe 's conversations become sleeping sounds only, and something special happens at round 24.
Dracon_Kitsune
Participator

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Dracon_Kitsune wrote:Would be interesting if after round 12, Zoe 's conversations become sleeping sounds only, and something special happens at round 24.

I ran it again earlier and with my current max HP of 23 managed to get to round 50 before digesting, so a full 4 and a bit days in reality. Still no crash at that point though.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Erecant » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:07 pm

Wow, I am all sorts of glad to see things picking up around here. Either new people finding the game, or people coming out from lurking to comment, I love it.

@Orosaki, The stack overflow is unfortunately a product of the engine I think. I've not been able to replicate it, as my playthroughs more often than not end up requiring a reload more often than would allow for the error to arise. That said, RPG Maker really isn't built to handle the sorts of event processing and floating variable tracking tasks I've forced it into. I may be able to reduce some of the overflow errors by trimming out the fast forward script, but man . . . I really like text fast forward.

That is an interesting idea for an alternate win con. I might actually use that for one of the upcoming scenes. I had something planned out, but it was shaping up to be a monstrously complicated encounter, and I'm not sure I could keep it straight without actually approaching it with flowcharts and shit. That also does raise the possibility of enormously strong preds that Alex simply can't escape from, and *needs* to outlast in order to survive. Hmm, hmm. Damn and here I was thinking I was done with feature creep.

Well actually, that wouldn't really be much by way of new features. The real challenge to that would be in the writing. I like to have events that add some flavor every x rounds or so, beyond the standard reactionary text after rolls. For a crazy long encounter . . . that means either a LOT of writing, or quite large gaps between events. Hmmm indeed.

@ce1142, Thanks for playings, and thanks so very much for posting! I am thrilled to have lured you out of lurking for a moment. It means so much to me that people enjoy this, and can recognize the care and work that have gone into it's making.

And Zoey does really grow on you, doesn't she? Eva is great, but sometimes Zoey's playful, but at the same time heartless attitude can be refreshing.

@Dracon_Kitsune, Originally, 12 rounds with Zoey's second scene was quite hard to manage, assuming you hadn't done a lot of exp grinding. Of course, the introduction of her second scene brought on a rather massive spike in Alex's abilities, as she even after some tweaking is absurdly efficient training.

All that said, while originally it wasn't really on my mind, I bet I could whip up something to add extra round dialogue to the effect of "Zzz, Oof, settle down in there . . . Zzz" and have a simple check for round number for her reactions to Alex. Gah, but I already have so much to do already without revisiting old scenes! I'll add it to the list for later on though, it does sound like a lot of fun.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby UBFanDrake » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Dracon_Kitsune wrote:Would be interesting if after round 12, Zoe 's conversations become sleeping sounds only, and something special happens at round 24.

I too find this to be something interesting, can't believe no one else thought of it before now
UBFanDrake
Participator

Postby 2quick4u » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:43 am

I'd reckon a 24 hour session in Gwen during "play time" would be odd, hilarious, and very weird
2quick4u
Participator

Postby cybereel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:16 pm

I don't even want to try to think about how much work would go into Erecant extending Gwen's game to 24 hours. I especially don't want to think about the grinding I would have to do to survive that long.

Then again, think of the outfit she would owe you for that...
cybereel
Been posting for a bit

Postby 2quick4u » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:48 pm

cybereel wrote:I don't even want to try to think about how much work would go into Erecant extending Gwen's game to 24 hours.

Firstly, I totally think th spell on Eva would wear off before the end of the 24 hours, which would throw the biggest wrench into the whole thing.

2ndly, good.change Gwen would drink a potion after she gets her fill of orgasms to accelerate the digestion processes.
2quick4u
Participator

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:51 am

Perhaps adding a maximum round limit of 24 hours would allow you to cap unrealistic survival in visitor games and make them automatically digest you regardless of remaining HP.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby 2quick4u » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:32 am

Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:Perhaps adding a maximum round limit of 24 hours would allow you to cap unrealistic survival in visitor games and make them automatically digest you regardless of remaining HP.

Would definitely work with Gwen, couldn't see her giving you up for any reason.

Noy sure about Zoey, however.
2quick4u
Participator

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Fri May 05, 2017 7:01 am

Actually now that I think about it you can't tell how many rounds you have used with Gwen since there is no round count unlike with Zoey and Gwen practice games.

So the maximum 24 hours cap could work with Zoey only, and there is not that easy to level up enough to survive that long when playing Eva's 2nd progress game in all out pred mode since it's too early in your characters normal progression .
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Erecant » Fri May 05, 2017 6:22 pm

I was playing through some scenes last night to work up the creative juices, and realized that I'd written in a reason that Gwen's scenes aren't timed out like Eva and Zoey's. Those scenes are explicitly set such that, the rounds aren't half an hour long. Rather, like the sex scenes, each round consists of only seconds, with each action constituting a round, whether it be resting (in this case taking a scan't moment to gather your wits), struggling to escape, or taking less productive actions.

So yeah, there's not really a long term development with Gwen, as ostensibly, the scene's entire would last minutes, perhaps an hour or two for the deviously persistent. I do really enjoy the thought of a very long duration Gwen scene, and it actually fits in with one of the remaining story development scenes I had in mind. Hmmm. And more Hmmmm.

Ah well, quick status update while I'm here.

I just moved to another apartment. No roommate this time around, so there will ostensibly be much more free time to devote to things better left to private, such as this. I've seen a few fun projects pop up around the portal in the past few weeks, which have given me an itch that only Eva and company can scratch, so I'd not be surprised to see myself spending some more time to get something together.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri May 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Oh, neat.

I was wondering what had happened to this.

Glad to see it's still going.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby 2quick4u » Sat May 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Yay more personal space!

I hope the new apartment is aqesome, and thank you for stopping by!
2quick4u
Participator

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sun May 07, 2017 5:19 pm

Its a lot less stressful when you don't have to sneak around all the time.

Erecant wrote:So yeah, there's not really a long term development with Gwen, as ostensibly, the scene's entire would last minutes, perhaps an hour or two for the deviously persistent. I do really enjoy the thought of a very long duration Gwen scene, and it actually fits in with one of the remaining story development scenes I had in mind. Hmmm. And more Hmmmm.
--Erecant

I am curious, did you ever add that affair scene with Zoey you teased about during the visit text once you've been there a few times?
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Erecant » Mon May 08, 2017 7:34 pm

That scene hasn't made it in just yet. On my playtest save the teaser still comes up and taunts me, so I've definitely not forgotten about that particular story hook.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Getinmybelly » Tue May 09, 2017 8:30 am

Oh my god this game is fantastic!!!!
Im looooving it so far

Though has anyone got any tips for beating gwen? Ive gotten to the part where she puts eva under a spell and eats you, but I just cant win against her no matter what. I always end up as titfat XD
Getinmybelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Tue May 09, 2017 10:56 am

Getinmybelly wrote:Oh my god this game is fantastic!!!!
Im looooving it so far

Though has anyone got any tips for beating gwen? Ive gotten to the part where she puts eva under a spell and eats you, but I just cant win against her no matter what. I always end up as titfat XD

There are lots of success condition markers to pass during Maneouvers so ensure you can last long enough for the pre-scripted scenes to occur, i.e. you can't escape without at least letting them have their "fun" first 8). This probably involves increasing not only your Max HP, Max SP but also your Acid Resistance stats from practice games. Unfortunately the Rest Bonus does not really help in this progress game.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Getinmybelly » Tue May 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:
Getinmybelly wrote:Oh my god this game is fantastic!!!!
Im looooving it so far

There are lots of success condition markers to pass during Maneouvers so ensure you can last long enough for the pre-scripted scenes to occur, i.e. you can't escape without at least letting them have their "fun" first 8). This probably involves increasing not only your Max HP, Max SP but also your Acid Resistance stats from practice games. Unfortunately the Rest Bonus does not really help in this progress game.

I just cant do it, I literally used cheat engine to keep me alive, made her cum 5 times in a row, massaged 10 times in a row before a maneuver, what am I supposed to do? :(
Getinmybelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby UBFanDrake » Tue May 09, 2017 4:18 pm

I just cant do it, I literally used cheat engine to keep me alive, made her cum 5 times in a row, massaged 10 times in a row before a maneuver, what am I supposed to do? :(

So iirc, she will gulp you back down a couple times during the successful chain, think it was 4-5 successes required to escape?

Mostly just make sure you got enough HP and SP to let you last a while of doing manuevers I usually stick to 3-4 before resting each time at most and don't really bother with messaging.
Last edited by UBFanDrake on Tue May 09, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBFanDrake
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game