A High Stakes Game v1.993 **Updated 12-10-2021**

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.712 (Updated 8-29-16)

Postby Allenstarflight » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:36 pm

So it's just Eva, Gwen and Zoey right now, right?
Allenstarflight
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:22 pm

So I've a few minutes to touch in on this tonight, and can address a couple things.

Yes, this game is still alive, however I've not nearly the time I'd like to work on it. I have the endgame planned out and an outline written, as well as the next scene built. There will be additional updates coming, but everything is delayed by the fact that I'm unsurprisingly, quite lazy.

Moving on, there are indeed only Eva, Gwen and Zoey in the game. There will eventually be one additional character added in, but that won't be for a little while yet.

Anyway, the end of this year means this game is already more than a year old. Many thanks to those who have played. I swear I will finish this . . . eventually. I give no timelines, as we all know a deadline is a sure way to kill a game around here. Just know, I love this project dearly, and want to get the story told. I'll continue as time permits, and develop this to meet my ideals as I can.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:43 pm

Erecant wrote:So I've a few minutes to touch in on this tonight, and can address a couple things.

Yes, this game is still alive, however I've not nearly the time I'd like to work on it. I have the endgame planned out and an outline written, as well as the next scene built. There will be additional updates coming, but everything is delayed by the fact that I'm unsurprisingly, quite lazy.

Moving on, there are indeed only Eva, Gwen and Zoey in the game. There will eventually be one additional character added in, but that won't be for a little while yet.

Anyway, the end of this year means this game is already more than a year old. Many thanks to those who have played. I swear I will finish this . . . eventually. I give no timelines, as we all know a deadline is a sure way to kill a game around here. Just know, I love this project dearly, and want to get the story told. I'll continue as time permits, and develop this to meet my ideals as I can.

--Erecant

I've been there, am there and will be there too.

Hopefully we'll both get there eventually. And learn to create things with lesser scope next time.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Erecant » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:28 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
I've been there, am there and will be there too.

Hopefully we'll both get there eventually. And learn to create things with lesser scope next time.

Oh man, the scope creep is real. I had originally intended this to bea small project, like, the first scene and the practice games. One thing led to another and . . . I'm glad I've written an outline for the rest of the game/story, so I can tell myself "NO" this extra bit may sound awesome, but it would be a nightmare to write/code!

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:50 am

That's great! I can't imagine what trying to code an almost solely text-based game is like in RPG Maker!
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby dat1guy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:58 pm

How is everybody doing on this fine blog
dat1guy
Been posting for a bit

Postby 2quick4u » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Doing alright. Have a question if anyone can answer :

Does Acid Resistance suffer from Dimishing Returns? Or can it potentially grant near infinite resistance?
2quick4u
Participator

Postby Gendor » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:49 pm

booo~
Gendor
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Well, you got my attention, and my curiosity as to how I'd coded acid resistance in the first place.

After perusing the package file, Acid resistance is applied as a direct subtraction effect versus the acid damage chance roll when deciding if you take acid damage. While acid activity is applied as a direct additive bonus to the same roll result.

So nope, no diminishing returns as of yet, and if you can push your resistance high enough, it might take quite a lot of acid activity to make you even feel the tingle. That does present a decent idea for balancing, though I don't think that would be realistic to add and change for this game. Perhaps the next project . . .

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 2quick4u » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:01 am

Erecant wrote: Perhaps the next project . . .

--Erecant

Dangerous words to one's own sanity!

If I may ask, what value did you "balance " VP at? I still can't find I good sweet spot between massage bonuses, maneuver penalties, and autosurrender triggers.
2quick4u
Participator

Postby Bluenacho » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Is there a way to make this game easier? (cheats, changing stats?) The amount of BS RNG in the games annoys the crap out of me even if have been farming experience for a while. I just want to progress faster because i dont really care for sitting too long in the game just to farm. I want to fap. not farm xp.
Bluenacho
New to the forum

Postby SnakeFan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:37 pm

If you dont get out often, ask Eva do go easier on you. You loose 5 affection but manage to get out easier to put points in skills. After a few times you manage to beat the next progress :-D
SnakeFan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:55 pm

If you keep up the routine of practice +5 times and/or dates (if you can go on them) you gain enough affection to offset the -5 affection for asking that practice is reset.
For now also work on increasing the maximum SP, manoeuvre strength and rest bonus. Don't waste SP on reducing VP as you can do this more effectively if you get to 10sp and Talk to her to reduce is with 2 affection points.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby minivenom » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:32 pm

I love this game so far, every single transition is beautiful. just wondering if there is a was of actually winning or is it when you digest is the winning part of the game?
minivenom
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:25 am

@Minivenom,

So far, there is no 'Winning" though you could interpret the current endings as winning in their own way. When I finish things up there will be a clearcut ending with a few options, I'm thinking along the lines of a Bad End, Good End, and True(Best) End. Still a little ways to go from that however, it's all planned, but I need to stop being a bum and write up the remainder.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:28 am

In would love a new practice mode that is a copy or very similar to the ‘Predator Mode’ Progress Game where she actively tries to digest you.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby TheBlueOne » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:52 am

neat though it may be, I have a feeling that'll never happen, Psycho_wolvesbane. The purpose of that game was for Eva to overpower and move past that side of her.
Closest thing to a practice game for it is training with Zoey.
TheBlueOne
Been posting for a bit

Postby 2quick4u » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:05 pm

But Zoey warms up to you more and more. I've actually driven Zoey's stomach strength far down past Eva's. I've played Zoey so much I'd like to think if she has an affection wcore, it'd just be as high as Eva's.

It's why I keep hoping we'll get a Zoey expansion or event lol

Not sure about Gwen though.
2quick4u
Participator

Postby backgroundnoise » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:24 pm

For some reason I can't seem to beat the 'date' progress game, I've stacked the bonus to well over three hundred and she just shrugs it off, I'm barely out of the start of the game! I don't know if it's just RNG or something, but it's happened at least a dozen times by now, and I doubt that's coincidence. At first I thought that maybe I was just trying to get free too early, I remember that earlier on in the game I kept failing because I kept trying to get out on the first round, and that just isn't possible, but not even waiting until the event was half over worked!

Honestly, I don't really know what else I can do. My maneuver bonus is at 10, my SP is at 20, and I just can't seem to do a damn thing no matter how much I grind. I hear about all this awesome stuff with other girls and I WANT to see it, but I just can't make it past the hurdle for some reason. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
backgroundnoise
New to the forum

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Firstly I would recommend boosting you HP as well as Acid Resist as these allow you to last more turns, same goes for SP but you have enough for Zoey I would say.

Rest Bonus is useful to get more SP back each time you rest up, this doesn't always work in certain Progress games every time so the more SP you have may sometimes be the only SP you get for the whole game.

You should do a few massages to get a maneuver strength boost chain going, then manuever, manuever again as this is also a stacked bonus for each subsequent one in a row. Vore Points are also a key factor in manuever strength bonus, but be warned going over 10 can get dangerous.

Rest obviously to regain SP as Zoey does let you get some more if I remember correctly, this is why higher HP and Acid Resist is required so you have more turns to regain SP since she'll be hurting you during this time.

Normally you can't escape on the first move as you have to get through certain fixed progress dialog before you're allowed to get out, so you have to survive long enough to do so.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game