A High Stakes Game v1.993 **Updated 12-10-2021**

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.0 (Updated 11-29-15)

Postby SnakeFan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:11 am

Great game so far.
Made it to 5 affection and then to the progress game.
But i needed to save after every step to get to the point where i loose, because sometimes when i was in Eva´s belly the game jumps back to the main menu after i rest or tryed a Manuever. So i had to start the progress again.But i love that game so far :D
SnakeFan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:14 am

Hmm, I'm about to bug test that scene. I'll be extra thorough and try to find that issue so I can get it in the next hot fix. I really like that scene and I want you guys to be able to enjoy it w/o too many bugs.

Okay wow I found the bug, and while it was simple, it makes it impossible for saves to function while in Eva's belly in the Progress Game. Oops. I'll do a little more bug testing and upload again soon.
Last edited by Erecant on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:21 am

When I load a save I always end up back in main screen. Maybe that's intentional?
progress game bugs:
1. sometimes I get no text from a maneuver
2. the first event where she encourages is supposed to be +1. instead it changes sp to 1
3. resting is always worthless. 100% of the time worthless. 12 hours is kind of pointless if you can never rest. conversations are nice though.
4. after failing a couple times I played one more practice to finish off the next sp level and went back in. had only 10 sp and 4 rounds. no glitch like I stated in 2 though so I actually was able to beat it by saving till the end.

Fun game with some great potential!
Zomulgustar
Participator

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.05 (Updated 11-29-15)

Postby Erecant » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:26 am

@Zomulgustar

0. **Bug Found and Squashed** Yeah this is a bug, I'm not such a sadist I would make you deal with all the RNG bs I made in this scene w/o being able to save.
1. **Bug Found and Squashed** Hmm, I'll look for that one, if I can replicate it I may be able to see why it's not working.
2. **Bug Found and Squashed** I may have flagged the wrong variable, I can check that real quick.
3. **Bug Found and Squashed** Hmm, I was worried it might be underpowered. I think I may increase the amount of SP recovered when you Rest w/o performing any Maneuvers **Wow holy crap did I misunderstand that. Resting in Progress currently 100% of the time is interrupted. Ouch. I'll still probably rebalance. That or add a purchasable trait to improve resting.**
4. Did it reset your SP back to 10, instead of using your Max SP? hmm.

I'm glad you liked it, sorry about the bugs. I was more concerned with the story for this scenario than getting everything 100% perfect.

**Additional Bug Reports**

-- **Bug Found and Squashed** Bug following first timed chat in progress game, broken chat sequence

Okay, I made it through the Progress Game bug test. Wow that was harder than I expected! I didn't even get to see all the dialogue while save scumming. This has convinced my to add a couple features, both of which should actually be really quick for me to implement. Look for more information in the next changelog, they should be in with the next hotfix.

****Update Edit****
v1.05 Hotfix
https://mega.nz/#!BQZj1JLb!9etJ8-1b6dDGefKfD0tQwjl0c1sjQVwt_ate8vRyTP0

v1.05 11-29-15 :
-Various Big Fixes
-Changed Format of Intermission Interface
-Implemented Practice Difficulty reset. Look for it in the new Relax With Eva menu in intermission.
-Implemented 2 new growth mechanisms. Can spend Exp to power up your Maneuvers, and to enhance your Rest.
-Rest is likely to be overpowered, but I couldn't get the scripts to work. Enjoy it while it lasts, I'll figure it out eventually.
-Did not nerf Progress Game. It's supposed to be hard. But with the new possibility for character power-ups, it should be doable w/o too much fuss.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Koseki » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:22 am

Even though i am a post vore scat lover, I really LOVE this game even without it. Great job and I really like the direction the game is taking. BTW i don't really feel that Rest is so overpowered, right now i would say game is somehow balanced, not easy but not impossibble
http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Koseki <-----check my stories, maybe you like them, maybe you hate them!
Koseki
Participator

Postby Monopolus » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:20 pm

When looking over the options to spend Exp on, it only says the SP increase, making it impossible to know how much you need for the other two upgrades.
Monopolus
???

Postby dat1guy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Oooo there could be an unbirth section of the progress
dat1guy
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoreNut » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:04 pm

dat1guy wrote:Oooo there could be an unbirth section of the progress

Yeah, she could challenge you to escape or get her off depending on the type of session you choose.
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:12 am

@ Monopolus
I am aware of that bug, and have got it fixed. Was planning on waiting a day or so to see if any others would crop up. For now the pricing is 3 for Maneuver strength, and 5 for Deep Breathing (Rest Strength) with each increasing by their base value with each purchase.

I . . . may have also forgotten to actually charge exp for the rest buff, it's been fixed, but . . . oops?

@dat1guy and VoreNut
I intend for there to be a UB scene down the line in the progress games, but Eva is still pretty shy. It's a big leap to go from a first date to stuffing a man in her womb. She'll have to warm up to Alex a little bit first.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dat1guy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:05 am

Erecant wrote:@ Monopolus
I am aware of that bug, and have got it fixed. Was planning on waiting a day or so to see if any others would crop up. For now the pricing is 3 for Maneuver strength, and 5 for Deep Breathing (Rest Strength) with each increasing by their base value with each purchase.

I . . . may have also forgotten to actually charge exp for the rest buff, it's been fixed, but . . . oops?

@dat1guy and VoreNut
I intend for there to be a UB scene down the line in the progress games, but Eva is still pretty shy. It's a big leap to go from a first date to stuffing a man in her womb. She'll have to warm up to Alex a little bit first.

Hmm what about a scene where after a few dates they head out to dance and a floozy eats you and after you escape from hwr stomach Eva eats her
dat1guy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:24 am

dat1guy wrote:Hmm what about a scene where after a few dates they head out to dance and a floozy eats you and after you escape from hwr stomach Eva eats her

I actually had a plan for something similar to this as well. The beauty of the system I've built, now that everything is in place and working well enough, I can probably get a new scene in every week or two, opening up lots of possibilities like this.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoreNut » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:30 am

Heck, saving the pc from the floozy could be what makes Eva realize that she's seeing you as more than a friend, and could be the major step towards eventually being sent to her womb.
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Biergesetz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:58 am

I really tried to like this. But I couldn't. I'm sorry. But the dialogue just annoys me so much. The whole "I love you, but I'm murdering you anyway" parts really gets under my skin.
Biergesetz
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:54 am

Not for everybody, I understand. Thanks for giving it a try! It means a lot to me that you played through it even if you weren't terribly comfortable with the subject matter and how I presented it.

A lot of the stuff around here is lighter on dialogue, or doesn't develop characters all that deeply, so it can be hard to explore interactions between Pred and Prey outside of the normal 'food gets eaten' trope. Preds are often one dimensional, with more development being invested in the Prey. I just wanted to see if I could make them both seem like people.

This is all kind of an experiment for me, both in game design and writing in general, and as with anything, not everybody will like what comes of it, and that's okay.

Thanks again for playing!

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:58 am

First off I like it. It is simple and doesn't get too complicated with setting. It's a good hit and run vertical slice of an eventual larger whole. I've got some criticisms though.

This is basically a visual novel and could really benefit from the features of one. renpy and other engines are completely free and handle text wrapping and saving at any point in the game for free out of the box, no coding required. I also missed the feature of being able to scroll backwards with text to see what was said and the feature to skip text that has already been read. Once again all these features are already pre-coded in renpy and similar engines.

That said I don't know if you feel "too deep" in this to switch at this point.

The "game" is great. All the mechanics are pretty good and it doesn't seem like it will get too deep but that is possibly a good thing. I can't see how much xp things cost and I think the deep breathing thing which I assume restores sp faster should be acquirable earlier. Also the progress game where she prevents you from restoring sp triggers almost every turn.

The story has some potential. It would be great to encounter some random woman who might try and eat you, perhaps while looking for a gift for eva. Also perhaps being tested by her predator family to confirm you are fit to join the family might be a good direction. Like being tested by her sister, mom, aunt, cousins or even neice. Perhaps even a jealous former lesbian companion.

I'll be watching this one and perhaps stealing some concepts.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Erecant » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:42 am

@ryanshowseason3

First off, thanks for playing. I've followed a few of your things for a while myself, so it means a lot having your feedback.
-Yeah, this is basically a VN. I'd considered renpy, but I wasn't comfortable enough in it's use (read as: I had no idea where to even start) when I was swept up in a rare fit of motivation to make something, so I went with RPG Maker. Probably a fair bit more difficult to have done as I did rather than just learning renpy. If you could only see the jerry-rigged event structures I had to fit together with duct tape and wishes.

I'll likely run with this engine for a while, though losing out on the text log may swing me. I'll have to look into the capability of renpy and such to handle random numbers and variable storage. One of my sticking points is keeping an element on randomness to things like this, taking control out of the players' hands makes scenes more exciting in my mind.

I'm glad I went the route I did for setting. I've always had a problem trying to feed readers too much at the start, I hope to slowly introduce more of my characters' world to everyone bit by bit this time around. Let everyone explore a little bit as the story unfolds.

"Deep Breathing" was a relatively late addition, and I had it priced high for fears that it would become entirely overpowered. I have made changes to show the costs of everything more clearly, I was hoping to have a more substantial update to go along with them, but the week is starting. I'll likely upload a hotfix tonight after work.

Eva's distraction is a flat 50% chance on both resting and your maneuvers. It can be terribly frustrating, I know, but I felt that added to the tension, else giving you a full 12 hours would have been complete overkill.

As to your hopes for future content, please look forward to the next real update. I've intended all along for Alex to encounter another Pred sometime, and he and Eva's reactions to the situation are something I look forward to exploring.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NapBonaparte » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Hello there!

I like the idea that you've got going for this game. I just had two suggestions.

1. I think adding an option to give up at any point would be good for those who just want to see the scene at the end (will especially be better as you add more and more scenes to the game). If you do end up adding something like this, if you want to even have it's own dialogue sequence that would work, too (where if you give up you seem willing or something). You could even do this at the timed encounters you had set up in your first one (for example at 18 hours left, you have it set up so that you have a conversation, you could add something in these conversations where you give consent or something or hint about it all the way till the end).

2. Asking for a favor: I know you will add more things as the game goes along but you could add legit vore with no escape to the list (I would make it its own subcategory). For example:

Category: Would you please make me part of you? (Could require so much affection if you wanted).
She acts surprised and you have a sequence of some kind where she asks how you want to do it.

Oral, anal, unbirth, etc etc whatever you want to add to it (maybe oral takes so much affection, anal even more, etc etc)

It could just start as just oral since you have the scenes programmed in.

Just some ideas. Otherwise, keep at it. I think you have good potential here.
NapBonaparte
New to the forum

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Erecant wrote:@ryanshowseason3

First off, thanks for playing. I've followed a few of your things for a while myself, so it means a lot having your feedback.
-Yeah, this is basically a VN. I'd considered renpy, but I wasn't comfortable enough in it's use (read as: I had no idea where to even start) when I was swept up in a rare fit of motivation to make something, so I went with RPG Maker. Probably a fair bit more difficult to have done as I did rather than just learning renpy. If you could only see the jerry-rigged event structures I had to fit together with duct tape and wishes.

I'll likely run with this engine for a while, though losing out on the text log may swing me. I'll have to look into the capability of renpy and such to handle random numbers and variable storage. One of my sticking points is keeping an element on randomness to things like this, taking control out of the players' hands makes scenes more exciting in my mind.

I'm glad I went the route I did for setting. I've always had a problem trying to feed readers too much at the start, I hope to slowly introduce more of my characters' world to everyone bit by bit this time around. Let everyone explore a little bit as the story unfolds.

"Deep Breathing" was a relatively late addition, and I had it priced high for fears that it would become entirely overpowered. I have made changes to show the costs of everything more clearly, I was hoping to have a more substantial update to go along with them, but the week is starting. I'll likely upload a hotfix tonight after work.

Eva's distraction is a flat 50% chance on both resting and your maneuvers. It can be terribly frustrating, I know, but I felt that added to the tension, else giving you a full 12 hours would have been complete overkill.

As to your hopes for future content, please look forward to the next real update. I've intended all along for Alex to encounter another Pred sometime, and he and Eva's reactions to the situation are something I look forward to exploring.

--Erecant

I figured it might be something like that. I really can't say enough good things about renpy though. I find it relatively simple as well. Random numbers and variables are child's play.

For instance the progress game in the last update in renpy it'd go something like this:

Code: Select all
define alex = Character('Alex', color="#4f1400", what_color="#4f1400")
define eva = Character('Eva', color="#4f1400", what_color="#4f1400")

show evaClothed
alex "banter"
eva "banter back"

eva "Ok I'm getting kind of excited now. Are you ready?"

menu:
   "yes":
      "Great I wonder how well you'll do."
   "no":
       goto mainMenu

show evaBra

eva "banter"
alex "banter back"

show evaMouth
"Narration"
show evaFull

label progressGameLoop:

menu:
   "Menu Text"

"manuever":
      $ randInt = renpy.random.randint(1, 100) + alexManeuverBonus
      #Other maneuver stuff

"rest":
      # Rest code

"Affection":
      # affection menu

# Save unnecessary because you can save anytime

if time > 0:
   goto progressGameLoop

# Last chance menu and such
ryanshowseason3
???

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.1 (Updated 11-30-15)

Postby Erecant » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:31 pm

New update. I had hoped to have either some more framework or a scene for you guys, but it felt like it was time to take care of some housekeeping.

v1.1 https://mega.nz/#!BRoSmLKB!XdfYGB22aI1bGD_E11uYsmQN56mholi8IYNz7hwKapA

Changelog:
v1.1 11-30-15
-Minor aesthetic changes
-Fixed display of upgrade costs
-Increased save slots to 99

@NapBonaparte

Thanks for playing! And these are definitely solid suggestions. I need to start keeping notes.

I do like the idea of an option to give up at any point. In fact you can already give up one the last round of any game. Additionally in the most recent progress game there is an interaction following one of your maneuvers (it requires hitting a certain value range for your maneuver, so you may not see it a lot) that will also bring up the option to give up. I will likely add give up to the affection menu in the next patch, probably with a different dialogue response than the existing give up, making it a bit more consensual.

I'm also tempted to write up a scene for an intermission willing vore scene, that is a pretty solid idea, and honestly I'm a little surprised I never realized it. I'm a big fan of willing, I mean this whole game is like a twisted-quasi-almost-willing thing to begin with, not a big stretch to have Alex decide he'd rather be part of Eva after all. Not a fan of AV myself however, not really comfortable writing for it, I would probably be terrible at it. Sorry.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.1 (Updated 11-30-15)

Postby Monopolus » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:17 am

Just a comment assuming I didn't make one earlier.

I really like this game idea, and I'm glad you made it. I'll eagerly await more updates, but take your time with things and don't rush. I'd rather have a well-polished final product than a rushed version due to how many people suddenly like the game.

There have been a handful of great vore games over the years, and I hope in time I can add this one to the list. Keep up the good work, man.
Monopolus
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game