A High Stakes Game v1.993 **Updated 12-10-2021**

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.1 (Updated 11-30-15)

Postby Erecant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:40 am

@Monopolus

Thanks! That really means a lot to me. I can only hope that someday this game might be spoken of in the same terms as some of the greats around here.

In order for that to happen I'll most certainly need to take your advice to heart. Now that there is a working, respectable base version, I need to switch over to a more methodical pace, crafting the game with care. The headlong rush to make it this was was fun, but if I kept that sort of push over a longer time frame, I'm afraid the game would suffer for my haste.

I'll see how things go in the coming weeks between work and school. I may settle into a nice rhythm and be able to provide weekly status updates, if not new content.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Koseki » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:45 am

You said in a recent post there is an interactuon that sometimes show up and you have the option to give up... I have to say it does nothing when you slect that option. It doesnt trigger any scene.
http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Koseki <-----check my stories, maybe you like them, maybe you hate them!
Koseki
Participator

Postby Erecant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:01 am

Oh? Wow thanks for letting me know, that one slipped through the cracks. I probably mislabeled a trigger somewhere.

I'm probably a day or two out from another version update, I'll be sure to include the fix for this.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Sorry for double post, but it's update time!

v1.2 https://mega.nz/#!BEA2Xbya!KE_YgQb9DF5baPCH3SXxw9HJiVdhmtw27aPqNJL37G0

-Minor Aesthetic adjustments.
-Implemented framework for next round of content.
-Fixed bug with Give up Option in progress game 1.
-Implemented new mechanics, applicable in all games.
-Massage: Rub the stomach walls to calm their motion, increasing the effectiveness of your next Maneuver.
-Vorarephilia(VP): Get addicted to being in a belly!
-VP Increases Massage
-Chance to be distracted proportional to your VP
-More VP = bigger penalties to maneuvers and more likely, but bigger Massages.
-New interactions unlocked in belly at different tiers of VP.
-Reduce VP with EXP, 1 to 1 cost.

-Should be the last of the framework updates, I have all of the mechanics in the game that I want now, aside from maybe variable art, but we'll see about that.
-Means most updates will be content updates from now on. Gotta stop adding features before the bloat gets in the way of development.
-A couple teasers were left in for the next Practice game and a VP related scene in Intermission.

Had to do some pretty hefty mechanical changes to get the new features in, but I think I have it all cleaned up. Let me know how you feel about the balance w/ the new mechanics, and if you catch any bugs I missed.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.2 (Updated 12.1-15)

Postby Monopolus » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Erecant, do you know how to transfer save files between versions? I'm hoping that I don't have to keep deleting my save data for updates and having to play through the entire game.

Not to say I don't like it, but it's going to be tedious. Is there a workaround?
Monopolus
???

Postby Erecant » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:40 pm

This update . . . should work with old saves. I think I have enough redundancy in triggers to take care of that.

You may want to do a game and get to the time limit to trigger the VP introduction. That's about all I can think of.

As this is the last of the engine upgrades/new mechanics for the foreseeable future, any future versions will be compatible with saves made from v1.2 onward
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Koseki » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:54 am

I give up, in this version im not able to even go past the very first scene. I have tried like 20 times and it is impossible
http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Koseki <-----check my stories, maybe you like them, maybe you hate them!
Koseki
Participator

Postby forumlurker » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:29 am

I needed 3 attempts. just save regulary and have a strategy when it comes to manouvering. What I do is use up all SP right away, then rest until the timer's on 1, rest and then do the last attempt which then requires 1 SP again.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Hmm, its pretty hard to find a good balance between too hard and too easy. Remember the engine is heavily based on random chance, so save often if you are looking for a specific outcome.

The first scene is probably one of the most difficult, as you haven't had the chance to improve your stats yet.

If the general consensus is that some of the scenes come off as to hard, I can try to rebalance a bit.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dst3313 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:57 pm

is test supposed to raise your VP by 7? x3

loving this game so far tho.
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Haha, I guess I forgot to remove that. I had put that in to test the new VP feature. It adds 7 VP, not to be confused with Exp.

I suppose you can experiment with different levels of vpto see the different dialogues without grinding for the points. Enjoy xD
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:08 am

Sorry, double again, but I come bearing gifts. I'm rather proud of the new stuff, the new game works pretty well, decently balanced, was fun to write and even more fun to bug test. The new fluff scene(s? I don't remember) is/are cute, and I feel they develop Eva as a character, as well as shows a deepening of her relationship with the player. And the new non-game scene . . . I really like that one.

New Version: v1.3

https://mega.nz/#!gVZGyQ4a!JUlFjRd4g7W1Q1qR552vZMJNz7EhQvzx_t7MzT3z5Ns

Changelog:
-Added new practice game: Concentration Practice.
-Added Willing Scene, it's a one way trip.
-New Dialogue on various places.
-Numerous UI tweaks and adjustments.
-Several minor bug fixes that weren't mentioned previously, hopefully I was the first to find them.
-Fleshed out some background mechanics, they are foreground now!

Notes:
The new practice game will only unlock after you have completed the first progress game.
It uses the same distraction mechanic as the progress game, however, just like Speed and Endurance get harder the more you complete them, so too does Concentration.
-Except! Concentration makes the distraction checks harder to pass with each clear. Eva can get pretty persistent after a few runs.
Remember there is an option to reset your practice difficulties in the intermission menu. You'll need it if you want to be able to unlock all of the scenes that depend on VP.
Having high VP can make things pretty difficult, be sure to keep improving your stats.
There are variants to both of the new scenes, depending on whether or not you've awakened Eva to the pleasures to be had from someone in her belly.
You'll understand if you've seen the scene snippet, it's about as subtle as a brick to the brain.
2 Variants, keep Eva innocent for one, and have a little bit of fun to see the other.

I hope you guys enjoy! And as always, please let me know if you find any bugs, don't like the direction the story is going, or just wanna talk about and react to the way things are playing out. Do you have a story of a time you got absolutely destroyed by RNG? Maybe you didn't have a single success but managed to escape at the very last moment with a miracle panic? I'd love to know!

--Erecant and Eva
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.3 (Updated 12-3-15)

Postby Koseki » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:59 am

I love the two new scenes that i got (the ask a favor one with high vp and the one from the new game). But you sais there were more... I have another save in which i finished the progress game with 0 vp but then i dont have the willing scene in ask eva a favor and the scene of the new game is the same. Any hints?

Btw i love eva. She is probably my favourite char in any vore game
Koseki
Participator

Postby gabristar2 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:43 am

do a micro version :D
gabristar2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:54 am

@koseki

There are two full scenes added, the extra bits are what I'm calling fluff scenes. No vore, just some chat. There were a couple quick one offs scattered about, mostly new banter during games under certain circumstances. There is a pretty big scene though, the first time you go to intermission after having made Eva climax.

There are differences in the new game and the willing scene if you have never not seen the big fluff scene.

And to even see the willing scene as an option you need at least 20 vp.

Think that about covers that.

I'm really glad you like the new stuff, and I'm sure Eva is tickled that you like her so much!

@gabristar
For now there aren't plans to make any micro, but maybe someday. Who can say. I don't dislike micro, so I can write for it, I just would need to figure out how to tie it into the story.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nornim » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:35 pm

While a fine game, the RNG factor can be frustrating at times, but that's the thrill of the struggle in this case.

The only real problem I have with the game is how reducing VP is done; while I don't mind spending exp to lower VP, more often then not I gain two VP a practice game, largely due to the nature of the speed round and most of my escapes their being one final maneuver that nets me a VP, as well as the message move; with reducing it in the exp options only removing one VP, it became problematic. I would suggest either giving more VP removal for an experience point, using Affection to reset it completely like one would Practice difficulty (perhaps Eva talks some sense into Alex), creating a degradation system where you can spend exp to earn an ability that reduces VP passively after every game, or allow an exp/affection upgrade (Yes, spending affection to receive abilities; I can understand why that would be against the design, turning it into another form of exp) that makes the reduce VP option more powerful. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem, but I ran into a moment where my VP was so high, Alex had no other option but to give himself up; I didn't know this would occur or else I wouldn't have been effectively farming VP to reach the gated stuff and make the massage function more powerful. I suppose it is for balance reasons, so the massage function doesn't become too powerful (! was reaching +200 maneuver bonus in a short amount of time), but I'd like more options to keep VP at a balanced level.
Nornim
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Ooooh Kisekae! Lovely~
Turbotowns
???

Postby Monopolus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:56 pm

...okay for some reason, my screen goes completely blank after the scene where she falls to the ground in a nervous mess.

I can still click the options, but I can't see Eva anymore? Help?
Monopolus
???

Postby Erecant » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Hmmm, I may have had a fade out trigger orphaned from its fade in. Surprised I didnt catch that in testing. I'll give it a look when I get home today.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Koseki » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Monopolus wrote:...okay for some reason, my screen goes completely blank after the scene where she falls to the ground in a nervous mess.

I can still click the options, but I can't see Eva anymore? Help?

ask on a date and it will fix afterwards
Koseki
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game