For Adventure! Ver. 0.73

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: For Adventure! Ver. 0.73

Postby FBnorman » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Should our saved game work? or do we need to start over again?
because i still cant go down the hole.
http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/Angry ... 9.png.html
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby tgcidolfus » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:14 pm

same problem as FBnorman, I can go no further than that, run around the area for about 30 minutes with the no encounter item on and found no solution to advance.
Seems like the key items didn't transfer or are not keyed to work then, or I am just missing something painfully obvious.
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby Abuelo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:35 pm

killermeow wrote:
Abuelo wrote:
killermeow wrote:Can't go down the hole in the tool shop in order to fight that optional boss anymore- map abilities are broken. Even with Niki in the lead I'm not getting any prompt or any way to go down.

The entrance for the chest boss has moved. Go back to where you first met Niki in the magic shop and you'll see a big crack in the floor next to where she was. That's your ticket down to the treasure chest boss.

If that's the case, why is that hole even still there? Why still have the scene/dialogue if you can never go down it? Players will immediately think 'Oh hey, I can go down this now that I have a character that has a rope' when that doesn't actually work. Kinda seems counterproductive to me, since players are going to go for that hole, see they can't go down it, then think it's a bug/glitch, rather then go all the way to the end and see that boss got moved altogether. Why not keep a small room there with a hint that theres something players couldn't access before past the Black Widow, or why move it in the first place?

Moved it at the request of several people who have also been playing the game. First of all, it would require the players to do a little more exploration and the hole making some sense. Second of all, Delilah explicitly said "needing a rope and something to tie it to." There is nothing to tie the rope to in the new hole. A little exploration never hurt anyone anyway.

As for your question FBNorman, the last time you guys have played For Adventure was all the way back in September or something. I've been working on a lot of things in the game to make it work. And what I did in the other forum I didn't do here, so my bad for not saying that you would need a clean slate in order to play the game. However, I can assure you...

that the map ability does work.
Abuelo
Somewhat familiar

Postby killermeow » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:29 am

Moved it at the request of several people who have also been playing the game. First of all, it would require the players to do a little more exploration and the hole making some sense. Second of all, Delilah explicitly said "needing a rope and something to tie it to." There is nothing to tie the rope to in the new hole. A little exploration never hurt anyone anyway.

May want to remove that one tile jut that makes it look like you could tie a rope to the ground at first glance, then. I didn't notice the small brick layer of it showing it was a support going down where you couldn't see it, and was ABOUT to make a post on why you should be able to tie a rope to the jut before I went back and looked. Also, like I said, players are still going to take that conversation as a sign they'll be able to go down it after you get the rope- after all, the screenshots you just posted have a rope tied to the top of a hole with what looks like no other item needed, yet same scenario there. THERE IS NOTHING TO TIE IT TO THAT I CAN SEE. Not unless you have a pickaxe and made a bore in the floor at that point, but then why couldn't you do the same with this hole if that were the case? And, if this hole was originally here to lead to a optional boss but that was removed, why still have it if it does nothing? The conversation will just be a red herring to players now, since they'll keep it in the back of their minds and keep trying to go down it. I realize part of it is thematic, but coupled with how the conversation is, it's not good design if it's just going to trick players like this.

I just don't see the point to having the hole the way it is- there are many ways it could change for the better (Removal of the conversation- you get climbing at the end of the dungeon anyways, you don't need it teasered 5 minutes beforehand, say there may be another way down instead) (Additional conversation on 'Ground is unstable, hole is too deep, etc. to show it's impossible to go down AFTER you get climbing) (Removal of the jut/put in a barrier that lets the party see the hole and talk about it without being able to reach it, say maybe theres another place in here that leads to the hole to tell players to go back afterwards) (Revert hole to how it used to be, or maybe add in a separate part of the dungeon). Four solutions that could solve this issue right there.

EDIT: Getting further in, Delilah's Ruinous Scepter doesn't reduce TP use like it says it does. Likewise, Laurine's Holy Rod doesn't increase mana (Yet a Widow Fang does) nor does it grant mana regen.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FBnorman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:47 am

yep' i had to start all over again on the updated game :(
so saved games are no good...
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Doomlycupcake » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:30 pm

Hmmh where could the hidden village be which the dust elf talked about can i get the hint again please?
Doomlycupcake
Participator

Postby Abuelo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:37 pm

The stump behind the tool shop.
Abuelo
Somewhat familiar

Postby FBnorman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Looks like the stump doesnt do anything?
so where should i go next after i speak to the mayor?
because im stuck in another dead end :(
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Abuelo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:18 pm

Oh, go back up the vine. You can't access the stump yet.
Abuelo
Somewhat familiar

Postby FBnorman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Abuelo wrote:Oh, go back up the vine. You can't access the stump yet.

What is after the vine? because i been everywhere else?
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... ysmks5.png
i had to fight a bunch of thugs from where this picture is at.
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Abuelo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Okay I misunderstood your questions. Kokona tells you to go to 'the place where there's giant monuments and where the humans cry. look for a white flower.'

Now where in the world could giant monuments be? It's a dust elf mystery~
Abuelo
Somewhat familiar

Postby sommion » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:51 am

god.....that Guardian of power fight its too much...too much time....the fight´s song its a remix of FFXIV boss fight?
sommion
Participator

Postby Abuelo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:10 am

sommion wrote:god.....that Guardian of power fight its too much...too much time....the fight´s song its a remix of FFXIV boss fight?

Yes it is. The song I mean. I'll nerf the Guardian of Power if it becomes too much of a chore. Though, I'd recommend coming back to it when you have certain characters that make the fight easier.
Abuelo
Somewhat familiar

Postby killermeow » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:42 am

Abuelo wrote:
sommion wrote:god.....that Guardian of power fight its too much...too much time....the fight´s song its a remix of FFXIV boss fight?

Yes it is. The song I mean. I'll nerf the Guardian of Power if it becomes too much of a chore. Though, I'd recommend coming back to it when you have certain characters that make the fight easier.

Fight isn't even that hard, I got there with a level 24 party and easily beat it down. Provoke, cleric with mana regen and heals? It's pretty hard to lose if you just keep your things up, but it takes bloody forever.
And then I got an axe nobody can use. Sigh- the sign you beat up a boss too early even though it was easy enough to do so. Might want to lock that behind the map ability of whomever uses the axe- both because it's tedious to do early and to show you need someone new in order to even use the reward for it.
One more bug report- unless you fixed it between .72 and .73, you start with a Reskoil Crystal in your armor inventory. If you caught that, disregard this.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby falseface » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:19 am

just a quick bug for the control jump mechanic in the final stage you almost always jump twice and it can often lead to ending up out of bounds.
Spoiler: show
which color do you find evil?
red
black
green
orange
blue
well which ever you chose ten people hate you now
falseface
Been posting for a bit

Postby Abuelo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:56 pm

falseface wrote:just a quick bug for the control jump mechanic in the final stage you almost always jump twice and it can often lead to ending up out of bounds.

Not sure how to fix that. I did check to see what you were talking about and the events aren't the issue. It's the engine I'm using. At first I thought it was the RTP and how it was originally set up, but Yanfly Engine added in the ctrl to stay in one place function. I... don't know how I can fix that without changing the map's layout. I've never seen this issue until now. I'll see if I can fix it though.
Abuelo
Somewhat familiar

Postby FBnorman » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:08 am

Great game' i just wish there was a normal ending' too bad this was just a demo :(
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:26 pm

Hrm, I went through the prologue and i must admit ive got a slight feeling of disappointment, this game is well made in many aspect but the fact you call it a 'vore' game makes the final result frustrating.

First of all, when you start following the story, the overall grind is tough but fair but there isn't any 'reward' appart from the story going on and new objectives unfolding. Not even once there are after-battle scenes. If victorious there is no vore related content whatsoever that would, like any other vgame, push us to either explore a bit further. Alma which had great predatory abilities doesn't even use her powers once, same goes for delilah upon winning which frustrate even more a player upon loosing multiple time to such bosses. I understand you don't want your game to be vore centric but this is going from an extreme to another.

Moreover, speaking of scenes, You could replace the stomach dungeons with anything else it would be the same end. It is (for me) on the same level of the t-rex inside level in star fox adventures. Sure you got devoured and all but this doesn't feel like what you'd see in vgames. The thin relation between those levels and what id personally expect from vorish stuff doesn't appeal to what many here went and played this game for. (Were on a vgame section of a vore fetish website after all)So, despite the well used RPG maker mechanics and and nicely shaped story there isn't much appeal from this as a Vore game.

To conclude, this game is in a vore POV frustrating by it's lack of content both in the story and in the battle themselves. I am sure that by adding at least adding a bit more content in the most obvious spots it'll give this (in my opinion) well made game a better appeal. Otherwise, the rest of the games looks pretty nice, keep on the good work!
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nattarit » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:11 am

nattarit
Been posting for a bit

Postby Abuelo » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Nattarin, while I do commend you for sharing the game to the rest of Eka's, I'd like to ask that you refrain yourself in the future please. I didn't want to post anymore updates here on the board because of the lack of vore content, since that's what you guys want. I want there to be a significant amount of stuff for both you and the GTS community to enjoy and not just the story since it feels like the story is only the second most important thing you'll guys get out of it. That being said, the update puts in a lot of fixes, two cgs, adds in a new area in the prologue, and teases the next chapter in the game, which is currently being made as we speak.

At this point, and what I wanted to do anyway, For Adventure is an RPG with GTS AND vore content in it, but as I have stated in my very first post, they are meant to be secondary content to appeal to both the gts and the vore community, albeit poorly with vore considering the reactions I've been getting here, which is why I have been postponing further updates until I can offer you guys a good amount of content for you to chew on. As a developer, I recognize that this is dick move since one forum has a better version than the one here, and I apologize for it. I shouldn't have done that. But please understand that I didn't want to give you guys empty content since there wasn't that much vore in the new updates/patches and I felt that nobody here was not looking forward to just regular story content. You can check out what's new with Ver. 76.5, but really, there's not that much in it for you all to sink your teeth in.
Abuelo
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game