Harem Manager With Vore (a RAGs game)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Harem Manager With Vore (a RAGs game)

Postby ndk » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:30 pm

*minor update 16/02/16* file : http://www.filedropper.com/hmwv11
details near top of second page

This is an early but fully working version of what I’m calling a harem management game. The basic concept is that a powerful and voracious Mistress has put you in charge of looking after her harem of women, you must make sure you recruit and retain the right women meet her sexual and voracious desires, balance the household budget, fend off attacks and above all not run out of other people for the Misstress to eat!
It is a RAGs game but unlike most it is not a adventure style game, its a bit of a mix up but if anything is probably more in the ‘worker placement’ category of game.

Seting up:
Go to: http://www.ragsgame.com/?page_id=6 and download the RAGs suit (this is free), while you are there lean the basics of RAGs interface. This was made on the older 2.4.0.0 version so I'm not sure what will happen on others.
Download my game file: http://www.filedropper.com/hmwv
Open up the RAGs progem, go to the menu - start new game - then select my game file wherever you put it
If you get a message saying something about ‘invalid characters’ ignore this the RAGs system underestimates the flexibility of its own coding.

Some disclaimers
1: This game is not at all balanced, there are options included which are fairly pointless unless your women literally have nothing else to do, options you would be an idiot not to use if able, as well as ones in between and situational ones. It’s the players job to work out which is which.
2: yes I know my spelling sucks, you don’t have to point that out.
3: Some options can be hard to find in the interface eg. To check a woman out you do not currently click on said woman you click on yourself and then chose the woman from a sub menu, this is because it’s a work in progress and it’s easyer to update one sub menu than an action every woman in the game has.
4: Some in some ways it’s still very crude, I have plans on how to improve every aspect of the game as well as add more aspects.

So there you have it. Let me know if you find any in-game bugs (if you have difficulty setting up RAGs or loading my game into it I won’t know much about that), have ideas for ‘wouldn't it be cool if **** could happen’ (all though I am generating my own ideas much faster than I can implement them), also what sorts of scores you are managing to achieve on the different difficulties how you eventually lose and what strategies are working for you.
Attachments
dineing room chose meal.PNG
bedroom wants.PNG
Reasha assineing to rooms.PNG
Last edited by ndk on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Re: Harem Manager With Vore (a RAGs game)

Postby bledthorn » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:10 pm

so is this a complete game or a game still in progress?
bledthorn
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:29 pm

It's a work in progress as he said. So far I'm having trouble with the interface as you predicted and I don't quite get the economy yet. I've assigned all women I could find to different rooms, but can't really interact with them or make them useful except for having them interact with the mistress. Result is that I run out of magic or resources/money quite soon.

Also, fighting doesn't do much yet it seems. I've hired a girl with the name "the sword" and put her up against something that could be fought. Yet, fighting doesn't do anything it seems, even if I buff them with spells.

Love the potential for the game though. Eventually I'm hoping for more interactions with the other women and mistress.

My user interface doesn't look like anything in the screenshots though. Maybe I downloaded the wrong version?
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Teruyo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:36 pm

Your spelling sucks? So why not run it through a spell check, or get a proofreader? For such a text-heavy thing, having multiple spelling errors is extremely off-putting, and makes it look like you don't care about the quality of your product.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ndk » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:46 pm

Teruyo wrote:Your spelling sucks? So why not run it through a spell check, or get a proofreader? For such a text-heavy thing, having multiple spelling errors is extremely off-putting, and makes it look like you don't care about the quality of your product.

I warned you and told you I don't need it pointing out, if you can't cope with the 'product' quality of work someone voluntarily shares for no gain please do be put off.
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby ndk » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:48 pm

forumlurker wrote:My user interface doesn't look like anything in the screenshots though. Maybe I downloaded the wrong version?

I could try to explain how to do most of those other things, but it looks as if I should check I have the latest player first.
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby ndk » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:59 pm

ndk wrote:
forumlurker wrote:My user interface doesn't look like anything in the screenshots though. Maybe I downloaded the wrong version?

I could try to explain how to do most of those other things, but it looks as if I should check I have the latest player first.

yer, so there is a new RAGs player which looks completely different than the latest developer/tester I was using. I'll look into ajusting it for the new one, in the meenwhile everthing should be at least a bit clearer if you can get player 2.4.0.0
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby SeruOmen » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:21 pm

ndk wrote:
Teruyo wrote:Your spelling sucks? So why not run it through a spell check, or get a proofreader? For such a text-heavy thing, having multiple spelling errors is extremely off-putting, and makes it look like you don't care about the quality of your product.

I warned you and told you I don't need it pointing out, if you can't cope with the 'product' quality of work someone voluntarily shares for no gain please do be put off.

Yeah, but that's like saying "the primary focus of Zelda is dungeon crawling but all the dungeons are really poorly designed please don't bring that up".

It really IS as simple as putting things through a spell check.
Dry Erase Kitty- where else can you find feline zombie computer viruses and inbred demon kittens?
http://dryerasekitty.thecomicseries.com/comics/
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby ndk » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:37 pm

It may be simple for good spellers to run things though a spell checker but as stated I suck at it and that is not something I will be doing in my free time.
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby bledthorn » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:01 pm

everytime i try to play it keeps saying sorry this rags game file is unreadable i have the 2.4 one i've even tried redownloading and having the same issue
bledthorn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tomo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Nice to see someone actually making a text vore game!
However, I haven't played anything yet mainly because of the user interface looking very weird, nothing at all like your screenshots.
Check out this spoiler to see how it looks.
Spoiler: show
This is running on Rags 3.0.60.0 BETA. I tried running it on the older 2.0.0 legacy as well as the 2.0.4 version but it couldn't open the game.

Anyways, despite the interface I'd say your biggest problem is the spelling, yes you don't want us to mention it.
But if you're making a text adventure game then spelling is the number one priority, as some grammatical errors are understandable what you have is rather severe.
I applaud you for the effort you've put into the game and would love to see it grow, but for that to happen you'll have to fix the spelling.
Thankfully it's not harder then running it through a proof reading tool such as Microsoft Word or even an online tool such as Grammarly.

I apologize if this comes of as me being negative, I don't mean it as such.
But if you want your game to get the praise it deserves you're in for a bit of tinkering.

Edit: So It appears that Windows 10 is the issue causing the interface to look jumbled up, as running other known rags games shows up exactly the same.
So there's one less problem for you to worry about.
Last edited by Tomo on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomo
Been posting for a bit

Postby bledthorn » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:24 pm

well no matter what i seem to try it keeps saying its unreadable so guess i wont be trying this one
bledthorn
Somewhat familiar

Postby BeGad » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:17 pm

I assume this is windows only?
BeGad
---

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:23 pm

ndk wrote:I warned you and told you I don't need it pointing out, if you can't cope with the 'product' quality of work someone voluntarily shares for no gain please do be put off.

It's understandable if you'd rather spend time developing rather than proofreading. Proofreading takes a while and users will always be better proofreaders than you are. I've learned this from my own games.

Are you additionally saying that you *don't* want anyone to tell you where these errors are so you can correct them?

Basically are you even willing to correct the mistakes as they are identified?

That said I've found ways to not make spellchecking a pain in the ass. There are spell checking text editors that don't annihilate your formatting like word does. Notepad++ and editra come to mind. They at least catch mispells easily and I just copy and paste everything and go through all the red squiggles.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:26 am

I followed instructions, attempted to run the game with both V2.4.0.0 and 2.4.1.6 under windows 7. In both cases I received the error when attempting to start the game, but nothing stated up. My rags interface was left blank.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rendezvore » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:31 am

This is a very interesting and unique idea for a game, that's for sure. I love management games and this harem vore management sounds intriguing.

But I agree with the others.. it is a text game, so the text in the game needs to be legible or people will not take it seriously. As has been mentioned, text editors will catch all spelling errors and underline them in red for you. You should be able to right-click a word and a menu with some similar word choices will pop up.

Some editors will have a "Replace" function to replace each instance of a word or phrase into the word or phrase you need. It doesn't even have to be a misspelling in that case. It can just be a word you think sounds better. Copy the incorrect word into the form and then tell it what word to replace with and any and all instances of that word in the same text file will be replaced instantly. Notepad++ can actually do this over multiple open text files.

In fact, I did it to a character's name once. In all the texts that featured her name, it only took a few clicks to replace every single mention of her name into the new name. It was glorious. :-D
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThisGuy127 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:26 am

ndk wrote:I warned you and told you I don't need it pointing out, if you can't cope with the 'product' quality of work someone voluntarily shares for no gain please do be put off.

To offer a suggestion, you could work with someone else for proofreading needs, it really is a very minor process for the whole deal, and as far as spell checking goes, any text editor like word processor will literally do it for you sometimes.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:57 pm

ThisGuy127 wrote:

To offer a suggestion, you could work with someone else for proofreading needs, it really is a very minor process for the whole deal, and as far as spell checking goes, any text editor like word processor will literally do it for you sometimes.

Word is a pain in the ass since it will destroy code formatting or otherwise make code near unreadable, and it costs money.

Coding text editors have spell checking though and are free. (editra, notepad++)
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Njux » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:06 am

If you have any problems try these solutions.

First make sure you saved the game on the computer when downloading. Rags has a tendency to report the file corrupt when you go "open with" instead of "save".

Second is this game works well with rags 2.4. At least that's what I'm running it with.

A suggestion to the artist:

Is it possible to add a fatness level to each girl to know how fat a girl is?
Njux
Somewhat familiar

Postby LightningLord2 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:25 pm

I take it you don't want the main mistakes pointed out because you're already aware of them? That still makes me think you could have withheld releasing this game until it's in a presentable state.

Remember that releasing a game does not mean you're entitled to praise.
LightningLord2
???

Next

Return to Vore game