Pilum's MUGEN Showcase

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Pilum's MUGEN Showcase

Postby Pilum » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:37 pm

zoidburg05 wrote:An OC for mugen? like a character you made from scratch and add moves on to said character? That sounds like quite the task.

It would give me something I care about to work towards. I'd probably edit them from an existing character, at least to make the sprite part of it easier. I would love programming such a character from scratch, only issue is the patience I have for creating every frame of animation and still having it look nice.

Don't count on it happening any time soon. I have so many things to figure out, first.

Cheers.
Pilum
Participator

Postby Omnomnommed » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Oh, awesome! Thanks for the help with those variables. They make a huge difference.

Glad to hear that the ideas for Mai are still floating around. She's a personal favorite. Were I bit more confident in my ability (and time) to learn some coding and spriting and coding, I'd probably get started on an edit of Morrigan or Chun-Li. Morrigan in particular has a lot of command grabs, so it seems like she'd be an easier one to adapt in many ways.

Any idea who you might use for a basis for a possible OC? It seems like the one of the hardest parts would be figuring out where to get started.
Omnomnommed
New to the forum

Postby Unfortunate » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Pilum wrote:I'm also wanting to experiment and see what I can do towards starting an OC for Mugen.

You've really caught my interest here.
One of my only major beefs with the vore edits so far has been that vore was simply not what they were originally intended for, they're all characters that other people have created. Hearing that there's a chance for a character to arrive in the future that is designed for this very purpose gets me enthusiastic already. When you look at Kazecat's characters, they're all original and specifically designed with the fat fetish in mind, as Kaze thinks that content isn't represented. It would be great to have a character like that for vore that is unique and not another edit/recolor. I'll confess that OCs are one of my favorite things in vore.

I think you should design the character very cleverly mind you... You don't have to overcomplicate things, the art style and design should both look appealing and be easy for you to work with. Give your character features and/or a wardrobe that will compliment the vore aspect and not get in the way, hindering the animation process. I'd personally go for short hair and something form fitting; so you don't have to animate any hair/fabric movement, with an exposed midriff for the belly to bulge out from.

I read that you'd said you'd like to take existing sprites and modify them to suit your purposes: I think you should go all the way, make a character that's truly yours. Why not ask some of the folks on the Portal to pitch in and help you draft some ideas? We've got plenty of great artists here; tell them about what you're working on and ask for some suggestions/critique, make sure they know the purpose and how the design needs to function.
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby ladre » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:42 pm

i think the first thing to figure out is

will it be human char or monster char?
ladre
Participator

Postby Pilum » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:55 pm

I've had a plan of what I'd make for a character for a long while, but I've never gone through with it as making a character from scratch is a lot of work for little payoff. I always figured I'd start one and never finish it. I'm not planning on describing much yet, I know a lot of users on the games forum are used to seeing a big promise that goes uncompleted. I'm not trying to call anyone out with that statement, trust a fellow dev that I know how hard it is to finish a project you're doing as a hobby. I just don't plan on listing everything for something I'm not sure I'll finish, and end up disappointing someone.

I will say that she's a humanoid character, who would play like a slow zoning/grappler character. Not much of a combo game, but good reversals, counters, projectiles, and grabs, based mostly around stopping her opponent from doing what they want to.

Expect me to not reveal much more info unless she'd ever be nearly complete. In the meantime, I'll fix up existing edits and make a few new ones.

Cheers.
Pilum
Participator

Postby Manchura » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 am

her BV is not working for me and I have no clue why other then something in that code is being blocked by something on my PC, as I have reinstalled it 4 times and it is still not functioning
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orbstuffed » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:46 am

Manchura wrote:her BV is not working for me and I have no clue why other then something in that code is being blocked by something on my PC, as I have reinstalled it 4 times and it is still not functioning

Is it the .cmd file?
Just an orb tum lover. You can call me Orbi if you'd like.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Manchura » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:01 am

no clue, I just cant get it to work at all, when she does KO with it she throws them away, I am literate enough it coding to patch if it I had it, but IDK what the code is or where it is placed since I feel it is not even in there
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby HisashiHinata » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:02 am

Will there be a winning animation for Yuuka where she digests the opponent? Or hold 2 prey? Sorry for being nosy. Just wanted to know.
HisashiHinata
Participator

Postby Pilum » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Shame on me, I missed a troubleshooting post. College has been busy.
Manchura wrote:her BV is not working for me and I have no clue why other then something in that code is being blocked by something on my PC, as I have reinstalled it 4 times and it is still not functioning

BV isn't reimplemented yet in the new Mama update. I'll be trying to fit that back in really soon. Wasn't sure where to fit it with the new grabs, perhaps make it a command grab?
HisashiHinata wrote:Will there be a winning animation for Yuuka where she digests the opponent? Or hold 2 prey? Sorry for being nosy. Just wanted to know.

Likely a digestion animation soon, as part of more elaborate functionality with the struggle system. 2 prey update is significantly less likely for Yuuka, unless someone's going to volunteer to go over all of her sprites and add in bellies. It takes me forever to make sprites of even average quality, and doing that for Mama's super simple sprites wore me out to the point of releasing her early and in her buggy state just to give myself a milestone and a break. If you have potential ideas on a single grab that would grab both opponents, I'm open. Don't worry about being nosy, I appreciate the questions. It shows that people have interest in my work.

College is awfully busy, guys. I have worked on fixing Mama's bugs, right now she makes people disappear into hammerspace much less often. I will try to work out a bugfix update for her before the weekend is over. Likely no update for Yuuka right now. I'd like to rewrite her from scratch like with Mama, so I would have documentation on her states that I can read.

Cheers.
Pilum
Participator

Postby Manchura » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 pm

a command grab for it would be interesting, and add a bit of challenge for keyboard players :P
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anesthetic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:07 am

Pilum wrote:Shame on me, I missed a troubleshooting post. College has been busy.

BV isn't reimplemented yet in the new Mama update. I'll be trying to fit that back in really soon. Wasn't sure where to fit it with the new grabs, perhaps make it a command grab?
HisashiHinata wrote:Will there be a winning animation for Yuuka where she digests the opponent? Or hold 2 prey? Sorry for being nosy. Just wanted to know.

Likely a digestion animation soon, as part of more elaborate functionality with the struggle system. 2 prey update is significantly less likely for Yuuka, unless someone's going to volunteer to go over all of her sprites and add in bellies. It takes me forever to make sprites of even average quality, and doing that for Mama's super simple sprites wore me out to the point of releasing her early and in her buggy state just to give myself a milestone and a break. If you have potential ideas on a single grab that would grab both opponents, I'm open. Don't worry about being nosy, I appreciate the questions. It shows that people have interest in my work.

College is awfully busy, guys. I have worked on fixing Mama's bugs, right now she makes people disappear into hammerspace much less often. I will try to work out a bugfix update for her before the weekend is over. Likely no update for Yuuka right now. I'd like to rewrite her from scratch like with Mama, so I would have documentation on her states that I can read.

Cheers.

Take your time. Don't wory about it. College is Important.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pilum » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:08 am

Happy 2018, everyone. I'll try to be more productive this year than last year. I'm working on the bugfix for NT and an overhaul update for Yuuka as I type this. Partying's over, so I can get back to working on these characters. I do have something to ask those of you who are interested:

I'm adding vore abilities to these characters, of course, but I'm also curious as to how they should play. I'm wanting to have a standard set of rules for my future edits, so all of my characters share most of their mechanics. I'm going to try to stick to 6-button characters in the future, but I'd like to ask you all:

Should I edit the characters to play similarly to the popular POTS style characters? They play similarly to Capcom vs SNK games, with their own twist. If I copy their templates, it brings my characters in line with most other ones.

Or should I put an entirely personal spin on them? They'd still be 6 button characters, but they'd have quite a few differing mechanics from most other characters. It depends on whether you guys want something that fits in with a lot of other characters, or something different for those less concerned with standards in a character roster. I'm also willing to take new character suggestions to start working on.

Cheers.
Pilum
Participator

Postby Anesthetic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:19 am

Why don't you do one of each?

Cause I have no Idea how to tell you what to do. That'd be like a Star Fox player, telling a fighter pilot how to fly.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ominom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 am

I don't think you should care about the characters necessarily fitting in if it limits the fun factor and creativity, but that's just my two cents.

Also, as far as character suggestions, I'd recommend Midna from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Ominom
Been posting for a bit

Postby Someone92 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:06 am

For the people who have no idea what POTS is:
http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/PotS
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orbstuffed » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:48 am

oh god, pots vore edits
I like Vore, and I'm okay with PotS, but I wonder if we should keep them mutually exclusive...?
Just an orb tum lover. You can call me Orbi if you'd like.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AmarthTheRiolu » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Ominom wrote:Also, as far as character suggestions, I'd recommend Midna from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I wished for that too, but Midna currently is not a MUGEN character.
Got my Discord username after all, so false alarm!
AmarthTheRiolu
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheZeldaVoreLiker » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:47 pm

For character suggestion, I think it would be pretty nice if you managed to do a vore edit of EugeneQ's Princess Peach.
TheZeldaVoreLiker
Been posting for a bit

Postby Omnomnommed » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Glad to see you back, Pilum!

As a fighting game nerd, I'll say I certainly enjoy the POTS style edits because it makes them very playable. At the same time though, from what I've seen of your work I have faith that you could make something with cool fighting mechanics that isn't that style either. I honestly think whichever you'd prefer to work on is the better option, since you're the one who'll be tinkering with them for long periods of time more than anyone else.

As for suggestions, I'll admit I mostly based mine on characters whom I know have good grab animations and potentially good "swallowing pose" animations because I figure that they would make for easier vore edits in terms of the spriting.

Morrigan (Darkstalkers) - Morrigan has several command grabs and several of her sprites seem ideal for a swallowing pose. It seems like the hardest part would be figuring out a good edit for her belly sprite? Alternatively, she's got some ...wing vore (?) potentially using her Cryptic Needle throw (the one where she stabs them with the giant point made from her wings) http://spritedatabase.net/files/arcade/ ... iganVS.png

Juri Han (Mugen edit from Street Fighter IV) - There seems to be a pretty solid Juri edit out there, and Juri's personality seems like a great one for a vore edit. She's even got a line in the game where she threatens to eat up M. Bison "bones and all". The hardest part would be spiriting it, but I guess her ultra pose with them bent over her foot might work? In her defense, she does have a bare midriff, which I think makes the belly sprite easier.

Rainbow Mika (Street Fighter Alpha 3) - Mika's already a grab heavy character, so that part shouldn't be an issue I think. She's also ripe for AV if someone's into that, I think. http://spritedatabase.net/files/arcade/ ... a_SFA3.png

Less serious suggestions:
Chun-Li (she seems to be popular and well-recognized -- for various good reasons! -- but she's got very few throws so it seems like getting her to work as a vore edit would be wonky.
Vice & Mature (King of Fighters) -- Both of them are servants of Orochi with a sort of snake-y theme and several grabs. I personally think they'd be great, but uh...they're not super well-known outside of fighting game fans. ^^;

Anyway, that's my two cents (or ten). I'm sure other people have better suggestions, but I figured I'd provide a few based on personal preference and relative ease of sprite editing.
Omnomnommed
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game