The Chosen One: A New Era (Hiatus: 12-7-19)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

The Chosen One: A New Era (Hiatus: 12-7-19)

Postby AngelicChaos » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:15 am

So I wanted to keep this separate from the discussion I made about RPG Maker. So I've made some headway on the game I've been working on, and am now comfortable to actually go into details. So many of you have probably played at least one of TheFetishBeast's games. If not, shame on you! He is awesome and you're missing out!

Mine, which I did discuss with him, and despite having his own ideas for a spin from his story, The Chosen One, gave me a thumbs up to give it a try myself. However, you won't be playing in the eyes of Sebastian from the world when the game ended... But rather from Selacia, his half-neko daughter continuing her father's legacy.

Spoilers here if anyone doesn't want to learn some details before you discover the story yourself

In one possible ending, Sebastian gives his own life to ensure his own daughter grows up to be as good as he was. It is this branch from the main story I wish to continue. Now, keep in mind that would mean a good hour of the main game's story was never completed in this branch. As much as I would love to retouch that as a part of this story, I want to open that up to ideas.

Speaking of ideas... I will be introducing a lot of characters you may already know from the original game, as well as many new ones. But I would also love to hear ideas. I have some basic plot points already on my mind, but any small details to help build this game to being great would be awesome!

Lastly, something I think that I want to add, but currently have no plans for is artwork... I'm no artist, but if anyone here is and is interested in cooperating for some designs, I would be more than welcome to talking more.

So... What do you guys all think?

Edit: September 19, 2019

Its finally happened! I've made a new friend that's been helping me with updating. More info will be coming soon!

v3:
Spoiler: show
https://mega.nz/#!FV5kgbCR!IG8uNdWNgVGoouTMFtf2_6T1zchVVq5FTAiUpmYoRI8
Last edited by AngelicChaos on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Re: Project Discussion

Postby TheFetishBeast » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:19 pm

Just to confirm: Yes, AngelicChaos does indeed have my approval.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby AngelicChaos » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:29 pm

Hmm... Honestly was expecting a little feedback...
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShadowedFigure » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:49 pm

I'm quite keen on the story idea. It sounds like it will be more pred-oriented, which would be great. A world without Sebastian would probably have quite a bit of additional strife between humans and predators, so it would be easy enough to create believable conflicts.
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby AngelicChaos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:17 am

ShadowedFigure wrote:I'm quite keen on the story idea. It sounds like it will be more pred-oriented, which would be great. A world without Sebastian would probably have quite a bit of additional strife between humans and predators, so it would be easy enough to create believable conflicts.

Actually, I was thinking that with Selacia being the character she is, it would be easier to create a coexistence between human and predator... Something that despite Sebastian wanted to do at the end of the story, seemingly was unable to do, since all he really did was be with the spirits.

But being a natural-born predator turned heroin, she will certainly have some interesting views... And I can already tell you not every enemy she encounters will be a predator. ;)

As of this moment, I have about 6 minutes of content. Lol... But I do have the main map built, and I will say this... Once you get out of the beginning of the game, things will start looking familiar. I took a good amount of time screenshotting Beast's original game to recreate the region down to every desert palm tree. Naturally, with some new additions. This will be about 20 years later, after all.
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:19 am

Above all I think you would want to expand the world a bit. While the game was enjoyable and the world was large enough as well, you probably want show new maps and continents as well. Apart from that, "more of the same" seems pretty awesome to me. Somehow I have a feeling it might feel close to play "Nyan Adventures", but that's not a bad thing either.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AngelicChaos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:14 am

forumlurker wrote:Above all I think you would want to expand the world a bit. While the game was enjoyable and the world was large enough as well, you probably want show new maps and continents as well. Apart from that, "more of the same" seems pretty awesome to me. Somehow I have a feeling it might feel close to play "Nyan Adventures", but that's not a bad thing either.

Hahaha... You don't seem to know that it's gonna be quite the task to just fill the world I've already got. Soon as I can take a pic I will show some of the changes I've made in expanding the continent a little.
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Well it's the first time I've heard that part so I couldn't help but name it. I'm looking forward to it. Apart from the vore thing, I love exploring enticing new game worlds; it's why I've been looking forward to Cursed Crown as well.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AngelicChaos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:26 pm

forumlurker wrote:Well it's the first time I've heard that part so I couldn't help but name it. I'm looking forward to it. Apart from the vore thing, I love exploring enticing new game worlds; it's why I've been looking forward to Cursed Crown as well.

Speaking of names... I still don't even have one for the game... It's literally just called 'project' in my files. Any ideas?
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:46 pm

I'd say we have to know more about the game/your world before we could give a fitting name. How about you pick the best name after we've played the first demo?
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AngelicChaos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:57 pm

forumlurker wrote:I'd say we have to know more about the game/your world before we could give a fitting name. How about you pick the best name after we've played the first demo?

Sure. Might go ahead and put out what little I have here in a day or two.
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby AngelicChaos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:05 pm

So to show off a little of what I've put together:

The old regional map compared to the one I've constructed so far. As you can see, there will be a lot of familiar places, as well as some new.
TCOold+new.png

My first cumstom character, in game her name is Syx, and you'll love her, Im sure!
Syx.png
Syx.png (11.78 KiB) Viewed 24550 times

Will upload a preview of the game once I get the first quest finished. Will only be a quick 10-15 minutes of gameplay, though.
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:30 pm

I hate her!

Seriously, though, the only issue with Syx is the hair coloration. Looks like you wanted black as the dominant color but it looks inverted to me. At the very least, the transition of color should go the same way (edges black to inside very dark grey)

Anyway, I haven't played the original but I'm guessing the world used to a floating island, and at some point, this place drops to the sea. Somehow, a town was built while the new MC is growing up, I understand, but what of the forest to the right? Did there use to be a landmass over there? Did the floating island collide with the former landmass, or did some sort of magic grow a forest-bridge there? And why connect that landmass to a castle? Political power?

---

Anyway, you said this was a spinoff or rather a sequel to one of the endings of a game called...The Chosen One? It's probably easy for players to relate to the original by calling it The Chosen One: Subtitle or The Chosen Second.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby AngelicChaos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:38 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:I hate her!

Seriously, though, the only issue with Syx is the hair coloration. Looks like you wanted black as the dominant color but it looks inverted to me. At the very least, the transition of color should go the same way (edges black to inside very dark grey)

Anyway, I haven't played the original but I'm guessing the world used to a floating island, and at some point, this place drops to the sea. Somehow, a town was built while the new MC is growing up, I understand, but what of the forest to the right? Did there use to be a landmass over there? Did the floating island collide with the former landmass, or did some sort of magic grow a forest-bridge there? And why connect that landmass to a castle? Political power?

---

Anyway, you said this was a spinoff or rather a sequel to one of the endings of a game called...The Chosen One? It's probably easy for players to relate to the original by calling it The Chosen One: Subtitle or The Chosen Second.

Firstly, black was supposed to be the primary, but as I finished the first image, I decided I liked having the grey tips, so I rolled with it.

Secondly, the majority of the map is EXACTLY the same as the original game's... but I always felt it could have had a little more. So I added an extra stretch of land on a side of the map that had no purpose originally... The game is 20 years after the original, and cities are ever-growing, so it makes sense to have some expanded territory for the old locations.

Thirdly, I figured I would name it that way, but the : Subtitle is the part I need to think on... probably won't have it til I decide how i want the story to go.
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:01 am

Looking forward to see it.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AngelicChaos » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:42 am

forumlurker wrote:Looking forward to see it.

Lol. Let me make up a couple game over scenarios and I'll upload a quick peek.
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby AngelicChaos » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:16 pm

Hey all. Sorry, haven't really had time to work these past few days. Tomorrow I will do my best to put something out just to get some feedback.

But also, I would like to get some people's thoughts on content. I have quite a few scenes that I have planned out. But if there's anything from The Chosen One that you wanted to see but didn't, this is the time to put those thoughts out here. I want to not only add new locations, but also fill the old ones with tons of content to keep the game exciting.
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zond » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:58 am

I'll wait for your game)
I understand the game will be for character predator?)
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AngelicChaos » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:46 am

Zond wrote:I'll wait for your game)
I understand the game will be for character predator?)

Yes. :)

So working under the theory that I'm not really getting anyone looking in is that no one knows what the threads about, I've come up with a quick name to work with for now... Will probably change by the time the first real version release comes out.
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

Re: The Chosen One: A New Era

Postby darknessblades » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:52 pm

how about letting all characters encountered return in this games

the ones that have died, a relative of the same species will come in place

the character could also be prey for stronger enemy's, devouring the weaker.
darknessblades
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game