Kingdom of the Hunters (RMMV) Rebooted (Demo B.6)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Kingdom of the Hunters (VX Ace Lite)

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Well, time to start planning out and creating the assets for the next part of the storyline. Got to keep testing, but already fixed that one bug in the build, but no longer have net access for the computer.

Going to be creating a whole new set of character graphics, and I event figured out how to abuse Game Character Hub to get children. (The secret is in resizing.) Reptile and avian characters present a new challenge, as they have no built in assets.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FBnorman » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:31 am

i Guess the game was not finished :(
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby kiriaflurry » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Does the demo end at the north town? Seems once you go into the town, you cant exit.
kiriaflurry
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:04 pm

kiriaflurry wrote:Does the demo end at the north town? Seems once you go into the town, you cant exit.

Yep, the north town is where the next story arc is focused around. So you kinda get boxed in.

More to come, but work is slow since I'm on my own.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:51 pm

Northern and Northeastern forests are taking shape, but have to decide how I'm going to configure the layout of the northeastern village.

Great Hunt is going to be a bit of a challenge to setup since I won't actually be disabling your Skills (basically going for a little honesty, but also not sure when would be appropriate to disable and enable the Skills yet.

Characters for the Great Hunt are not really suggesting themselves, but it does look like this would be a good arc for you to meet Zyrran. She could be very revealing about the views of some of the norther preds. Other than that, I figure a few bunnies would make an appearance in this arc. Prey to the MC Pred to the Dryad.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:38 pm

Things are going slow in building assets for the next story arc, but getting enough veriation on the creatures is an important step since the Great Hunt kicks off with 16 battles. Thankfully these are ones you can continue after losing.

With the Great Hunt featuring Prey and Preds, it's important to see a good mix. So I am focused on creating character sprites for added variety.

Work on the Norther and Northeast Forest continues as well. Things are shaping up for your first hints at the Underground, too.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Sweet tapdancing jesus, how long does this thing take to decrypt

EDIT: Oh there it goes.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:32 pm

No additional progress this week.

RL has been to busy.

Hope to at least get the Great Hunt sequence a couple play tests this weekend to look for obvious bugs and glitches.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:36 pm

AHH! BUGS EVERYWHERE!

Unfortunately, this means having to rebuild from the start, and with a fresh build. This is going to mean complete rebuild, and not just a remapping.

This is likely going to take a month just to get right back to the spot I'm at.

Hopefully things will be looking up soon, but back to square one for now.

Until I can get a stable build again, I'm also going to attempt an interactive RPG through my blogs.

This isn't over, but a huge delay.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Tue May 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Good news, the graphics are saved!

Bad news, I have to recreate the maps, events, and everything else all over again...
Looks like it will be a month before I'm back to recreating the new arc I was trying to debug.

Side notes:
I'm getting home internet installed tomorrow. It's been four years since I had to cut it from my budget.
I'm also starting to look at free vector drawing software to see what I can find for that style of drawing.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat May 07, 2016 1:14 am

They say "Third times the Charm", but I'm worried that the bugs were evidence of problem in my computer, and not just glitches in the game files.

The central map, and the two inside maps are complete. Everything seems to be working smoothly, but the region based events are few. The classes, actors, armor, and weapons need rebuilt again.

All in all, everything will take a lot of time to due.

While I'm still doing this, I'm also testing some ideas in an interactive RPG through WordPress. (In the setup phase there.)
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sun May 15, 2016 11:41 pm

Things are moving slow with the complete rebuild as I have to do the classes, skills, armor, and weapons again.

The first 4 maps are complete, but only cover the central region of the kingdom. The map size is also smaller, which means that I'm having to reconsider how things got layer out last time.

Overall, the game is still very early in creation, but still alive, too.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sun May 29, 2016 12:57 am

Things are not going well on the rebuild due to myself questioning why I used certain things to achieve certain results.

Either I'm realizing better methods, or my first builds where just that bad. I'm really looking over everything, and realizing that a lot of what I tried doing, I took to many steps in achieving.

Using multiple switches, events, and player action to complete scenes that really should have been ONE event sequence controlling the entire scene. I'm also reusing regions that aren't part or the map transfer system since they are event triggers specific to each map.

Basically climbing another section of the learning curve as I rebuild the assets and story.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Rebuilding is annoying.

Classes, equipment, and skills are having to be reconsidered, and reconfigured. Eventing the storytelling is requiring a lot of thought about how to make each map the most effective. Event the look of everything is getting questioned at this point.

Nothing about this rebuild feels or looks right to me despite the interest in the situation and story.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Tsubasa17 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Haven't played your demo just yet, deciding to wait a bit until the week is over to download and try it (a pile of tests for online classes being the reason), but keep up the work! Looks good from what I've read of it
Tsubasa17
Somewhat familiar

Location: Somewhere to the west and somewhere to the east. Not north, I'm a Southerner.

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:33 pm

I'm taking a look at some similar programs like RPG Boss, bit also have the trial of MV.

The setup seems to be part of the issue, so I may have to build on more of an "Open World" to get things working first.

This will open up for side quests and branching story, but may require more planning, too. The event driven battles only work so well, so limiting them should help. This means areas with Random Battles will be seeded in.

Focusing on a pure rebuild wasn't working anyway.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:33 am

Rebuild #4 :(

It's back to VX Ace, and another redesign.

The open world, and choices reguarding the MC race, gender, and class have taken root. This means skippable side quest, hidden creature battles, and hide-and-seek hunts for rare characters.

It also means I will need to actually but the full version, too.

Yay for more delays. :?
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:27 am

Going to go ahead and call this one shelved for now.

Lots of things I need to learn to set up properly, and I need to rethink the intro so that the MC is the focus of the story from the start.

The more open world concept means a lot of potential side quests could be available from the start.

Need to figure out what the MC knows about the world, vore, and their own place in the predator and prey dynamic.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby nuggholio » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:36 am

how shelved is this atm?? also is there a new thread or will u continue using this one?
nuggholio
Participator

Postby Thagrahn » Tue May 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Still, keeping most of the basics, but with how I want to do things, I need to actually buy MV to be able to create and do the things I want to for this game.

This means that the game world can expand beyond the kingdom where you start the story.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game