Kingdom of the Hunters (RMMV) Rebooted (Demo B.6)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: RPG Maker VX Ace game in progress

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:52 pm

Well, things are picking up a little with knowing who the characters are.

Got elemental modifiers set for some of the party actors, and added some Arcane spells to help out the mix.

Several events now set up for encounter battles, and a few are optional.

Third settlement in the works, but already have a reason to send the party there.

Building the maps mostly on an "as needed" structure, but trying to make sure everything still fits together right.

Intro sequence arc is complete, and 15~ish minutes long. Some cleaning up in the way things are worded, and I should be able to use it as a demo.

Next story arc will likely focus on the lives of the predators, and how the different groups of predators feel about hunting, the variations of hunting, and the predator to prey balance.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Working on the two maps that are supposed to connect the key prey village of the intro arc to other prey villages.

With all the current maps, this puts me at 20 maps to keep track of the sizes of for consistent size and distances. (Being off by a tile could result in some transitions not lining up.)

Each map I add after this will also be a test of the limits (if there is any) for maps with the lite version of VX Ace.

Going to have net access this weekend, so will likely be attaching the demo Saturday.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:58 pm

So apparently the free version of VX Ace Lite has a limit of 20 maps, this means I need to figure out how to build some better maps.

Good news is that there are work around for some of the map transitions to use zones instead of events.

Going to have to rebuild most of the maps, which means restructuring the intro story arc.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:38 am

Tried uploading demo, but resulting Zip file size is 85.1 MB.

Have to rebuild most of the maps anyway, so will see what can be done about reducing the file size.

Edit:

Redesign of the castle and starting town has reduced it from using 11 maps to only 5, and on of the maps can be used for other purpose.

Also using a new technique first controlling map transitions and event triggers. This technique was originally set up for stitching together maps, but works for layouts such as towns where your interior and exterior trasition points line up.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:26 pm

Stitching technique is a go!

Flawlessly moving between maps with only 2 events per map running all the code for all map transfers.

Game Character Hub has allowed me to create a few sprite sheets for key characters including the princess, queen, and MC.

Abusing the graphics was fun, but attempts at the bug type, Dryad, and lizard like characters failed to be convincing.

Faces are also coming out the wrong size for VX Ace. Will be looking for work around on those later since the sprites can be the base model for additional artwork.

Sixth map is under way, and already getting into the hang of reusing maps as much as possible for interiors. (Conservation of events and maps is an interesting way to work.)

I am preserving as much of the existing story as possible, and am amazed at what all this stitching technique is letting me do. Events that were spot triggers are now covering wide areas where needed, and things are more focused as things go.

The two exterior maps are unfinished, but will be containing more story assets than the first set of maps. (Already trying to decide if the second pred settlement will be on the central or north Easter map. Central map contains the castle and first pred settlement, but still has lots of room for more.)
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Kingdom of the Hunters (VX Ace Lite)

Postby Thagrahn » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Things are going well, and 19 maps have become 6. The Stitching Technique is allowing me to focus most of the Events to story relevant interactions, while events that are based on map position are handled but just 2 events per map.

Lots of conditional switches to keep in order, but otherwise an effective way to create complexe maps.

I finally worked out a Title for the game. It is rather basic, but also focused on what the game is about.

The game world feels a little smaller, but the settlements are more believable.

There are a few event driven transfers left, but are part of an under used map, these events May be corrected later.

Due to reusing maps, only external maps have names that appeare when transferring to them.

One map left to alter, but things are looking up.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jyoster » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Nice title, and it fits the game. :-D
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:07 am

Got a couple questions for ya. What vore types are there gonna be? Like F/F, M/M, M/F, F/M, Unbirth, Soft Vore, Hard Vore (I hope not for this at least), Cock Vore, Breast Vore? I don't remember seeing any mention of any of these in your original post so I thought I'd ask. Also is the MC gonna be a prey only pred only or a mix of the two? Aside from those questions this looks interesting and has likely some good potential. I just hope you don't wind up burning yourself out making this since a lot of games get ditched for that reason (and RL gets in the way but most of the time the creators get a little too ambitious and wind up losing motivation to continue working on their game).
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:42 am

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Got a couple questions for ya. What vore types are there gonna be? Like F/F, M/M, M/F, F/M, Unbirth, Soft Vore, Hard Vore (I hope not for this at least), Cock Vore, Breast Vore? I don't remember seeing any mention of any of these in your original post so I thought I'd ask. Also is the MC gonna be a prey only pred only or a mix of the two? Aside from those questions this looks interesting and has likely some good potential. I just hope you don't wind up burning yourself out making this since a lot of games get ditched for that reason (and RL gets in the way but most of the time the creators get a little too ambitious and wind up losing motivation to continue working on their game).

I'm going for a mix of F/f, F/m, M/f, and M/m. Right now, the vore is all implied Oral. The MC is a White Fox, which by the setting, puts him near but not at the top of the food web. That means primarily Pred, but he can also be prey. Your party is a mix of males and females from different levels of the food web, so later bosses could target specific party members as favored prey.

Currently only the intro arc is complete, and there are a lot of placeholder graphics in use. Development of characters is a slow thing since a lot of the NPCs don't really have a lot to themselves. Party members are developing slowly with the story arcs, too.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Hmm, ok. I figured as much but since nothing was really mentioned on the first post, it probably brought up a couple question marks or some of our heads (or at least it did for me) so I figured I'd ask but it was really more out of curiosity than anything else. Thanks for verifying. :)
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:29 am

Things are looking up for the rebuild, and most of the bugs are worked out.

Been playing with Game Character Hub some more, and was able to get a couple new characters created. Each of these two new characters required drawing part of them using the built-in tools.

Going to let you play spot the character when I have time to put the computer online, and not just be using my phone for net access.

Couple more points to debug, and the intro arc will be back up and functional. Hardest part was rebuilding some of the location based events that also required an event to represent an enemy encounter.

Thankful, from here out, the story arcs will explain more about the nature of the kingdom, and develop the personalities of the party characters.

I managed to get the maps down to only 7, and two can still be used for additional interiors. Only one has the events already in place for adding those transitions.

Event though the maps are larger, the game runs much more smoothly. Event pages seem to aid in keeping things focused on what is important in the current section of the story, but there are likely limits on event pages per event. Have to make sure to spread out the load on future story arcs.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Couldn't find any additional bugs in the play through, but doesn't mean I found them all.

Northern Forest map now under construction, but full access to both northern Pred towns has been established. Building access to the two Northern prey villages.

So tired since it's the end of the work week, and was pushing to get the intro arc rebuilt.

Since it's a smaller world, things happen quicker. This means play time has been shortened a little.

Once Northern Forest is completely played out, three maps that represent the Southeast, Northeast, and Northwest need to be designed, though only the Northeast and Northwest maps will be needed for the story at present.

Will have net access for the computer tomorrow, so will be able to setup the two demos to show how much the game has already changed. (Also it should help to look for bugs and lost content in the redesigned layout.)
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Mega account created and uploading the two game demos.

Got to say this is going to be a big project, and may require me to buy the full version of VX Ace to complete. As it stands now, I'm just going to see how far I can get with just the Lite version. The limits present a challenge for me to consider the best ways to get the results without using a lot of resources.

Attached directly to this post is the sprite sheet for the Main Character. Just wanted to share it and let everyone have an idea of who they will be following through the game.

Once uploads are complete, a link to the Mega will be provided in the Original post.
Attachments
$WhiteFox0-0_2-0_5-0.png
Meet the MC
$WhiteFox0-0_2-0_5-0.png (8.86 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hexcorsist » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:11 pm

can't seem to download from your link
hexcorsist
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:58 pm

hexcorsist wrote:can't seem to download from your link

Okay, I seem to be doing something wrong.
First time using Mega.

Account confirmed, files fully uploaded, links created and copied...

Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hexcorsist » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:16 pm

make sure you copied the full links also i suggest copying the links into a different browser to make sure they work
hexcorsist
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Alright, try two with a link and key to the main folder.

both versions have .exe and .zip forms already.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Krono » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:31 pm

That worked.

So far I noticed one little bug. The skill "Meditate" says it recovers HP, but it actually recovers MP

Neat game so far
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Krono wrote:That worked.

So far I noticed one little bug. The skill "Meditate" says it recovers HP, but it actually recovers MP

Neat game so far

I forgot to edit the description when i switched it, have to do a little more work with it.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maexam2 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Nice! Look forward to more.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game