Kingdom of the Hunters (RMMV) Rebooted (Demo B.6)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Kingdom of the Hunters (VX Ace Lite)

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Well, after 10 days with RMMV, I have 4 maps all related to the center of the game world, and the game intro sequence. Unfortunately, I have to actually buy the Game Character Hub: Porfolio Edition to be able to export custom characters in PDF format.

One step forward, one step back.

Note:the intro takes place on the same map, and required over 20 events to prep it all. While I do have a few custom characters waiting in the Demo version of GCH:PE, I can not create the PDFs to bring them into the current version of the game. I can how ever create place holders in the older GCH.

Skills are now limited by equipment, but you get to choose how each character is equipped. Your starting Party is a choice of 2 from 6 options.

Since equipment controls skills, only one class is needed, and variants are controlled through Actors and Game Progression.
This simplifies things and makes equipment choices important.

Also trying to get some plugins working to alter the combat menu options. First time using plugins, so little but of learning to Do to get it going the first time.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Kingdom of the Hunters (RMMV) Rebooted

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:27 am

Basic hear and skills created.

The 3 x 3 layout is in place, though not completely travelable since the transfer controller event is not set up in all areas.

Went and bought Game Character Hub: Portfolio Edition to make the custom character so they are fully compatible with MCD Side veiw battle system.

The full intro sequence shows that everything happening in the kingdom is not directly linked.

Have not found a Naga/Lamia base model that is compatible with the MV side view battle system, so cannot recreate Dusk yet.

Since I am building the maps before the story, the kingdom is more explorable right from the start.

The basic Attack and Defend commands are gone, making the focus game ability focused.

Have implemented a recovery common event so that the party regains HP and MP over time.

So far, this is looking good, and may result in a new demo soon.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 am

Of the nine outside maps, eight are travelable, 4 are finished, and 2 are underway. only the center outside map has interior maps, event though other maps have buildings waiting to have insides made. This is do to not wanting to have more interior maps than necessary, and to keep the game as small as possible.

After finding several assets for furry characters, I have rebuilt almost all the characters to make them look closer to their species.

I have also started redoing several of the skills to include the Math.max(2, [damage formula]) format so that every hit always does at least 2 damage.

Started to play with a plugin that lets enemies use SV battler sprite sheets, though there are a couple of bugs to work out.

Found lamia base models, but only the TD map travel set.

Trying to figure out how to give some of the random troop battles the "Can Lose" property.

So far have 31 custom characters to use in the game, so the game world is becoming more divers.

Want to have a good start to all nine outside maps, and have more inside maps in place so that the world is more explorer-able before I create a demo.

Bought RPG Maker MV so no time limits on the build to worry about any more. This means I can just build the maps, then build side quests, before focusing on the story arcs.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby nuggholio » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:02 am

am excited.
nuggholio
Participator

Postby Thagrahn » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Currently uploading Demos. Mac and Windows versions.
Link to Google Drive Folder is on first post.

Have done my best to squash the obvious bugs, and create access to all nine of the outside maps.
Demo does not come with story, but does contain random battles in East Forest, West Forest, and Central Mountain maps.
Central, East Forest, East Shore, and Central Mountain maps are the only ones with complete layouts, and only Central and East forest maps let you enter the buildings.

You do need to pick two characters to actually leave the room where you choose your party of two. (Had considered letting you leave with one, but figured it was best to always have it start with the party of two.

So, Demos Are UP.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Kingdom of the Hunters (RMMV) Rebooted (Demo A.1)

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Any questions about the weapon skills, battle menu, or other game play parts are welcome.
Also big reports of you find any.

Since the focus is on the layout and combat setup first, Things have been moving at a decent pace. Plus, parts of the story no longer have to be linear as side quests can be built to be played at any time.

This new aproach, system, and the time to think over details while it was shelved have helped a lot.

The demo hasn't been updated since last post since I want to finish all 9 outside maps before moving on.

Would like to know if both halves of the death map work, too.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby eleventh » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:43 pm

There seem to be a lot of missing assets, walked into the forest and had to create FWolfSV and FairySV sv_actors, then actually got into a fight with what looked like a sprite sheet, which then required me to create the StateDown animation.
Edit: Oddness with the fight graphics was due to me duplicating an incompatible image. Also, 5 or 6 more files created to get it running.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby Thagrahn » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:47 pm

... Great, must have been left out of the compile since the SV sprites are only used by Actors by default. Will have to da a redeployment of the Demos including all "unused" files to get all the enemy SV actor sprites included.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Kingdom of the Hunters (RMMV) Rebooted (Demo A.2)

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Alright new Demo files are up, and made sure it included all current resources.

More of the outside is finished, all buildings can be entered, caves can not due to plans to use them to expand the game world later, and all nine outside maps can be explored.

No quest or tips from NPCs yet, but I'll give you one tip now;
Try using Capture on Confused targets, especially fairies brought below half healt without being killed.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ShadowedFigure » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:11 am

I'll give it a play-through once it finishes downloading. It might be easier for people to get if you zip it and upload to mega.nz instead of hosting through google drive.
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShadowedFigure » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:29 am

Bugs:
- Can't descend the stairs after going into upper floor at restaurant (2 of them so far)
- Can't exit tents after entering

Do the purple cards that float above enemies have something to do with the capture mechanic?
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Found the issues.
1 Tavern lacked the region needed, 4 maps needed their transfer handling set to Parallel, and 1 outside map didn't have regions for any of the buildings.
Map stitching means 1 event handles all transfers for that map, and is based on regions being properly set, and the event given proper instructions on handling it.

Capture is now received at level 5, and you receive Consume at level 10.

Yes the card indicate when a special version of the capture can be performed, and the only way to receive a special item. The card only appear above Fairies when the remaining enemy party is below half their total health.

Added to the enemy and troop lists to make the three regions more varied, and set up music and sounds for the outside maps.

Hopefully this is the end of the bugs for the demo.
Newest demos are also in the form of Zip files.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ShadowedFigure » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Cool.

I like the variety of character art in the game so far, and how big the world already feels.
I look forward to story and quest content -- it'll make the big world feel lived-in.
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Working on filling in the population of the maps, and adding in some side quests. Have most building interiors decorated so I know the right number of NPCs to add in total.

Also beginning work on the mines (the caves found on the west and central mountain maps.) So there will be things to do down there as part of one of the side quests. I'm planning out side quests for most of the maps, but East Forest and Central maps are going to contain only Main Story elements.

So basically, next update is actually going to give you things to do, but I am also considering making things more challenging by lowering the starting funds. Also considering sealing the Consume skill for the bunnies, and making the items more effective for the bunnies, too.

Hopefully everyone has had a chance to try out a few different equipment layouts to find out a combination they like.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Made some adjustments to make the game more of a challenge, and got killed by the bunnies and mice random encounter.

They managed to keep bothe party members confused while chipping away 1hp at a time. Needless to say, the death sequence map has a few bugs to fix, but loosing to random encounters is not a game over. Just have to fix the encounters on the death sequence so that they no longer cause a glitch that traps the party in an inescapable void.

So, for to need the mice and bunny group, and fix one map as far as fixes go, but still have 3 outside maps to fill in so that there not large navigational problems.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Doing another rebuild, this time just to clean out the extra assets I'm not actually using. I'm also shifting to somewhat of a Stone Age theme for the setting thanks to some new art assets that have been created.

Weapons now appear to be made of bone, each staff now can have a unique appearance (Though keep them simple due to the limited knowledge of magic that exists in the world.), and found better resources for the mountain cliffs to be made from. With the change in style for the rest of the game, I now need to redesign the clothing for the characters, but I can up the choices to build your starting pair from 6 to 12. Fox, Lizard, and Bunny stay, and Mouse, Goat, and Cat get added.

Also, due to wanting to expand beyond the 3 x 3 outside maps of the kingdom, I've reduced the map size from 75x75 to 45x45 tiles. This should make it quicker to fill in the maps.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:47 am

Though I would share the new look I'm working with.

Map002.png

As you can see, it's a significant change, yet still familiar.
The game world is really coming together through background story and concept documentation.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:12 pm

New demo for windows is being uploaded, so aside from a few strange glitches in the last few test that didn't repeat, everything for the main area is doing well.

Some more adaptations to my world settings have made there way in, and there are three new rooms that where not part of the prior build.
Hope you all enjoy, and please leave comments both on what you like, and problems you are having.

The new resources have been a lot of fun to create with, but having to convert and restrict the airship to be the raft is a little odd.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bahamut24 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:18 am

not sure if this normal but as soon as i reached lv3 and learned capture
i tried capture one monster during combat, i success captured one. "card" icon pop up overhead,combat continue despite all non-captured enemies fainted. "captured" has what might be infinite hp, cannot find any way to capture it or end combat other than escape. if try capture spider (touch spider monster on field), no way to escape except to close the game
am i missing something abt capture?
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:18 am

bahamut24 wrote:not sure if this normal but as soon as i reached lv3 and learned capture
i tried capture one monster during combat, i success captured one. "card" icon pop up overhead,combat continue despite all non-captured enemies fainted. "captured" has what might be infinite hp, cannot find any way to capture it or end combat other than escape. if try capture spider (touch spider monster on field), no way to escape except to close the game
am i missing something abt capture?

I'll have to double check, but capture should Do 10 hp damage initially, then 20 hp damage in the background.
Will also double check the hp of the creatures to make sure it's enough damage to kill them.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game