How to Ride Dragons (Prologue only, New Link)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

How to Ride Dragons (Prologue only, New Link)

Postby DrakeZephyr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:18 am

So, I've been wanting to make a vore game ever since I played my first one. I'll admit, largely because of the classic "I bet I can do THAT better!". Of course, it's only
once you give it a try that you know how foolish you were. But moving on...
To not waste the time of those with no interest, yes, "Oh no, not another one!". It's an RPGmaker game, using the newest version, MV. I've been working, on and off between other commitments, of course, for several months, and after figuring out what all the buttons did, I started work on my first vore game. An ambitious attempt, in hilarious fourth wall hammering glory to represent every aspect of vore and just about every fetish ever linked to it with a host of funny, uniquely built characters and a world map in three huge chunks... this is not that game. That game isn't finished for obvious reasons of trying to do too much. If I ever finish it, which I'm still working on (frequent visitors to this forum might be happy to hear I'm not a quitter) then I'll be sure to share it, but, in the meantime...
Partially on whim, and partially because it's frankly better than my current main project, I thought I'd spend a week whipping together a little prologue of a different game idea I'd had. Inspired by the truly awful nature of filling out the endless battle database and balancing those stats I'm proud and delighted to present a game where the gameplay isn't going to be the standard rpgmaker battles, but rather puzzle based maps. Just think zelda meets golden sun on that front.

But before I ramble endlessly and needlessly on anymore...
This little demo has roughly 15~20 minutes of gameplay by my count, but it might last longer for newer players, two vore scenes, both oral, one with implied digestion the other a little more explicit and two different playable characters with semi-unique dialogue. As the name suggests, it's all dragon based vore.
There are both male and female characters to play, so please do try them both, writing multiple sets of dialogue would be frustrating otherwise >_<

I will continue this game, eventually, but fair warning, that's not going to happen anytime soon, might happen faster if people want more of it. In the future, it will have more fiendish puzzles, more dragons, more nomming, but probably going to keep this one PG, just because. Anyone who knows me, reads my stories, will know that I put story and such before vore when I write, so, this game is going to be much the same. If you're hoping to get your fix within the first ten seconds of gameplay, sadly, you'll be dissapointed. There is at least one puzzle between you and each piece of vore, so if you do give this a try, do be aware it's a game to be played, the vore is sweetener, and I will always try to make the eventual scene long enough to enjoy once got to.
For time time being I'm a writer and relatively new to game making, so I don't quite have a pool of good sound resources yet, so for now the vore is silent, and since I can't draw to save my life, they're also behind a black screen, and since I don't have any magnificent sprites to literally animate the nommage, there won't be any of that yet either. If I get my hands on any of the above, I'll implement it with gusto.

*new* With luck this link will help some people
https://mega.nz/#!bgkxHYbD!Wesul9guOcJx ... hDMS3yB9f4

If this doesn't work for you, then sadly I don't currently have any other methods of sharing it. And since none of my play-testers had used rpgmaker before, I'm assuming whatever it needs to run is packaged in there, so if you have problems there, I'm afraid I don't know how to help either. But if you find any bugs or issues, feel free to bring them up, maybe somebody else will know the answer if I don't.
If you notice this post has been up a while, and to your horror the file no longer exists to be downloaded, chances are I've taken it down to re-purpose the space, but it might also mean I'm sending out play-tests of the next version, so it's not all bad news.

But I've rambled on enough, if you can successfully download it, actually manage to make it run, and don't get stopped by any game destroying bugs, please do let me know what you think. I'm still pretty new at this, and I'm eager to learn.
Last edited by DrakeZephyr on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
DrakeZephyr
Been posting for a bit

Re: How to Ride Dragons (Prologue only, for now)

Postby Skittles209 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:14 am

Might wanna try a hand at learning how to create looping music or how to program music to loop, and I mean this in how the beginning seems to cut off and leave empty space for the explorer inside the house before exiting that single solitary building.. The sound effects between exiting and entering a building sound like two taps from a wooden stave, don't know if you were going for footsteps but thought that would be worth a mention. No grammar or spelling error, my person issue, so that's a huzzah. Text upon entering the cave shrine displays twice, or perhaps its just me.The only single issue I found is upon leaving the wooden temple/building after speaking to the elder, reentry results in the elder blocking the path but that is fixed by waiting for some time. The animation for the small dragon in the cave, while cute, is rather obvious with how it circles around a point where the player is supposed to position the character and while it is great to see such animation. If the character is not positioned so the player might panic about either the game being broken or something. Personally, I just had to laugh at how it reminded me of a personal Chess failure. At last, the four eared (you I am guessing) is rather sudden and strange to look at with grey ears and golden hair. I don't know much about messing around with RPGmaker but perhaps there is a way to make the ears golden, or at least golden fur, so they don't stick out so obviously and take away the human ears.

The jokes are humorous, or strike my kind of humor. Quest overdose and such.

A very fun demo, or so I think, although I'd wish "cheating" or S.K.I.P. had some sort of actual fourth wall breaking penalty as I believe the Ebony/Dark Grey dragon implies. Sorry for the mess, also found out that cheating causes the father to do nothing but remain stuck. Minor bug that any Triple A title game would not bother with, most likely, so don't be too hard upon yourself or anyone for that matter.
Forgot to say good luck, Good luck! Oh, and try to have a good time.
Last edited by Skittles209 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skittles209
Participator

Postby RumiBelly » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:53 am

After playing though with both characters and interacting with everything on both.
The Good:
Spoiler: show
The writing, not just for the vore sequences but throughout, kept my interest. It was long enough to explain thing, but short enough to easily skip past even without the red gems,

The Bad:
Spoiler: show
This game has the same problem anyone making an interactive story will run into: if you do everything it takes a good amount of time, but if you just follow the main story, going directly to the trials, it is over very quickly. The I did not know how to find the strawberries, until I accidentally interacted with what I had originally thought to be flowers.

Overall, it's pretty good. A bit short for a prologue, but there is enough to show.
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby DrakeZephyr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:39 am

Skittles209: I have to admit I should have realized the little dragon could be approached from different angles, can hardly realize I missed that one... and I'll try to speed up the elder's movement rate. I also didn't realize I'd forgotten to test how the daddy dragon's movement was changed by the use of the skip orb... I'll be sure to look at that. So thanks for bringing these points to my attention. I always manage to miss something. The music does tend to loop, but for the beginning scene I had... issues. But since you mention it, I think I can change the sequence of events so it's not so silent when you're plonked down in their house... and yeah, the sound for entering and leaving buildings is a bit odd... I suppose it's meant to be footsteps. I generally use the game's own pre-scripted transfer events for those moments, because it's easy, and it makes that sound as a standard. Maybe I'll remove it. Also I'm glad you liked the quest overdose, that was one of my favourites.

radiogenicvore: I do know it's rather short, I guess I just wanted to throw something out for my first bits of feedback since I began, but I'm glad if the only problem is that there isn't quite enough of it yet, since I can always make more. And yes... there will always be the issue that playtime can be a little short without doing everything. I'm considering making the strawberry quest mandatory since it does explain a reasonably important feature, possibly the village cave as well. I'm still deciding how railroaded to make things. I intend to make some difficult puzzles in time, where missing skip orbs or helpful skills would make it, not impossible, but significently more difficult to advance without doing some of the side material. But I'd wonder what you think. I honestly don't know what's less annoying, over-railroaded games where it's easy to get stuck because the maker hasn't considered you don't want to poke everyone in a town three times to get on with the story, or "not mandatory" mandatory side paths which can be easily missed, leading to a ragequit-worthy difficulty curb...
I'm surprised about the strawberries, but I may make it more clear. I'm working with the tileset I have, so they really are meant to be used as flowers. I'd hoped the only red things on the ground would make it deductible, but I can see the confusion.
DrakeZephyr
Been posting for a bit

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:57 pm

went to try and download, and the link is down do to a traffic overload :(.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Hariken » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Same; can't download it from a traffic overload.
Hariken
Somewhat familiar

Postby RumiBelly » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:45 pm

DrakeZephyr, I think that it's good that those are not mandatory, as it's not necessary to use either of them to progress, and it may be fun for speedrunners to try to figure out if it's better to get the side quest rewards and if so which ones.
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby armageddondevil » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:29 am

Love the concept and support its creation, just need to download it ^^; traffic jams amirite?
armageddondevil
Been posting for a bit

Postby killermeow » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:07 am

If it's still traffic jamming by tomorrow, could we get a Mega version of the DL link? Dropbox is horrible when it comes to releases, and likely will be for a good part of the week.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DrakeZephyr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:02 am

I'm sorry to hear everyone is having these, traffic overloads... I didn't even know that was a thing, I'll admit ^^; I would be happy to supply another link, but, at the moment I don't have one. I don't have an account with this Mega, and don't really know what it entails. I'll try to look into it.
DrakeZephyr
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maexam2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:40 am

Hmmm... Sounds like an interesting game. But I won't know for sure until I play it when, and if, Dropbox decides to work properly again, or until a new link is provided. One not linked to Dropbox.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BlancaTsukiai » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:25 am

As an alternative - depending on how big the game is - try to make an account a Mediafire maybe - I think they are pretty good hosts. But there are many uploaders similar. Too bad Dropbox is restricting...>_<;
BlancaTsukiai
Somewhat familiar

Postby hyenaofleisure » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:57 am

Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

RIP. I do genuinely want to try this. A puzzle based RPG is something I could get into, with or without vore. And the Zelda meets Golden sun thing really sparked my interest.
hyenaofleisure
Been posting for a bit

Postby DrakeZephyr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:29 am

I'm currently setting up a mega link, if it'll ever accept the file... and I appreciate those who are having trouble letting me know. I beg you to stay with me, and I'll do my best to ensure you all get to try it... heh... I just hope you'll all think it's worth it.

hyenaofleisure; Since both are great games, I'll add the ammendment, I'm aiming to make the puzzles similar as best I can to something of a combination of the familiar puzzles we all know and love, but I'll make no claims on graphic quality or story quality... or even puzzle set up quality, before I start raising one's hopes too much...
DrakeZephyr
Been posting for a bit

Postby DrakeZephyr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

The new link is up in the original message, if problems acquiring the game persist, let me know
DrakeZephyr
Been posting for a bit

Re: How to Ride Dragons (Prologue only, New Link)

Postby BlancaTsukiai » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:03 pm

I was trying it out today and must say...

This game loks gorgeous! It's very beutiful made and the face-tiles for the dragons and characters are so amazing. Ia lso like how it looks...so...I hope you can work more on it. It's looking very very good~! Cheers!
BlancaTsukiai
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chaos199416 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:08 pm

This game is amazing i hope you keep up the great work and provide us with updates
Chaos199416
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:59 am

Ok this is really good for a prologue. Can not wait to see more of it.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby armageddondevil » Wed May 11, 2016 12:19 am

great demo, keep it up :-D
armageddondevil
Been posting for a bit

Postby jason7657 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:44 am

I love this, I can't wait to see more! I walked into the cave dragon scene and was like,'Wait, a Quiz that actually requires me to explore? Thats awesome!'.
I also loved the overprotective father dragon. I got through the maze on my first try, but almost didn't due to the EXTREME speedup he got. I was actually saying to myself that he was too slow for this to be hard, then nearly got nommed when he suddenly was right behind me. Awesome Game!!
jason7657
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game