CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.6.0) 6/15

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.3.2) 7/12

Postby RakeVuri » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:38 am

Let's see, I think I have a copy of the latest version laying around somewhere. Here: https://mega.nz/#!XJcg1bZT!n9mgjUI5tcSQ ... sZkMdoaUxA
RakeVuri
Participator

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.4.0) 10/1

Postby blackrock215 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:25 am

New update, 0.4.0. I wanted to add more polish and fix more issues before pushing this out but realized it's been almost 3 months with no updates, so I thought I'd at least put something out here to prove (perhaps to myself) that I'm not dead yet. As usual, the changes made in this version can be found in the changelog portion of the main post.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 am

blackrock215 wrote:New update, 0.4.0. I wanted to add more polish and fix more issues before pushing this out but realized it's been almost 3 months with no updates, so I thought I'd at least put something out here to prove (perhaps to myself) that I'm not dead yet. As usual, the changes made in this version can be found in the changelog portion of the main post.

Wooooooooooooooooo, an update. I've missed this game.
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mikeyou » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm

*Checks Changelog*
-"Added a new mob!..."
Say what now? you mean you finally figured out from the spaghetti code (to me at least) how to add a monster? I salute you there
(On a side note, does that means other users can post their own monsters here? If so what are your preferred templates?.....just curious)

"Tired of having too many prey and not enough stomach to hold them all?"
Yes :(

"Afraid of the finality of death and unwilling to give up your prey?"
Ummm...I..

"Never fear, idiot.INC has the solution for you!"
Idiot what now? Is thi-

"By selecting the "stomach" option from the actions menu, the player can now choose to "absorb" any currently ingested prey for later use. Prey absorbed in this way will be added as souls to the pred's inventory, ready to be reformed."
Wha....This...wow...*Immediately orders my Pet to eat me, then possess him and absorb me, then reform......and it works!*
O...key......, just when I thought the player couldn't be any safer in the belly of his pet....or a daemon in my case, the player decides it's a neat idea to mind control the daemon and have him absorb him and stored as soul, then eat and absorb the rest of his pets, reforming them whenever he needed (I think this can count as a weaker version of polymorph....), also....another feature I noticed is that the pet CAN also absorb the soul in his inventory but I not sure what it does...perhaps even ANOTHER level of safer haven inside the pet?

Also I was joking when I said that it's safer to have the adventurer as a soul, IF you let the pet die or tried to release control to your mind BEFORE reforming the adventurer.....YOUR CHARACTER WILL DIE.....and if you accidentally absorbed the adventurer's soul....uhhhh.....try not to do the above two.....permanently.....
Also, I noticed that the soul CAN be drop when your pet die and anyone else can pick it up, even the adventurer....tho never tried to check if it works (and will definitely never ganna use it as an adventurer)

(In all seriousness, how did you manage to pull this one off?.......This really shows how familiar are you with this POWDER programming.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to figure out how to customize map generation by the next update)

Also, I was wondering if you could....you know.....create a new action for the player called "Chat/Interact" that will.....just display a funny/status/etc message with the monster....kinda a pointless feature....but it's your choice in the end.

Anyway, I haven't tried to break the game so I can't say much about this build's stability.
Mikeyou
New to the forum

Postby bluescreen » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Hey guys, just as a question, Is there a reliable way to be able to eat things with your character? As far as I can tell your base adventurer can't eat people, and it's a real fucking pain in the ass to try and polymorph into something that can eat stuff.
bluescreen
New to the forum

Postby Mikeyou » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:39 pm

bluescreen wrote:Hey guys, just as a question, Is there a reliable way to be able to eat things with your character? As far as I can tell your base adventurer can't eat people, and it's a real fucking pain in the ass to try and polymorph into something that can eat stuff.
I can understand that, the game was originally built as a single life run that last 20+ Hours and the original developer wanted you spent hours to find what you need, even then you still need polymorph control ability to choose what to polymorph into.

You could always....you know....wish for some item to polymorph (I think WISHING DIRECTLY into a monster will still have no effect, try using items to polymorph).
Or just have a pet, learn possess spell, then take control of the pet and have him eat you and absorb you...just be careful when to release from possess
Mikeyou
New to the forum

Postby bluescreen » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 pm

I tried the possess spell. It takes 20 magic to use, and unless I'm forgetting something, that's still kinda a pain in the ass to come across :/
bluescreen
New to the forum

Postby Mikeyou » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:51 pm

bluescreen wrote:I tried the possess spell. It takes 20 magic to use, and unless I'm forgetting something, that's still kinda a pain in the ass to come across :/
Oh my, it sounds like you're REALLY new to this game (even tho I remember seeing posts from you in the earlier builds).

Ok ok, where do I start?
1- After a character has been created, a random spell book and a random skill book will be given to the character, and chance are that the spell book could be tome of necromancy (it has possess, but you'll need to learn diagnosis first)

2- Kill enough enemies to gain a level...BUT, you can choose which deity would you like to worship (they require you to follow rules and such, some grant more HP, and some grant more MP) to earn HP and MP bonuses....., oh and leveling up will occasionally grant skill point and spell point.

3- press "shift" + v (I think) to open a list of action and select "wish", it'll open another menu asking what do you want to wish for (experiment with the menu so that it may answer all your questions).

I am sorry for treating you like someone who has never played a game before, but your last post shocked me and left me wondering what are the things you do know about the game.
Mikeyou
New to the forum

Postby blackrock215 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:07 am

Mikeyou wrote:Say what now? you mean you finally figured out from the spaghetti code (to me at least) how to add a monster? I salute you there
(On a side note, does that means other users can post their own monsters here? If so what are your preferred templates?.....just curious)

I did! And let me tell you, you don't want to post your own monsters here. The amount of work to just get 1 mob formatted and ready is insanity. There are... 69 (heh) unique lines to each and every single mob, and that's just for oral vore [more types of vore will come... believe me. <: ] and THEN there are about 6 or 7 different graphical configurations the mob needs representation in (currently the wolfar has representation in... 3? tiles and that's something I really should get working on.) And honestly I also need to get the current mobs finished for vore lines before I consider adding any more than I already have. The wolfar was more of a test than an actual mob.

Mikeyou wrote:Also, I noticed that the soul CAN be drop when your pet die and anyone else can pick it up, even the adventurer....tho never tried to check if it works (and will definitely never ganna use it as an adventurer)

Uhh... No, that's not intended behavior. and yes, that WILL crash your game. I've fixed that, though, hopefully, so they won't drop anymore.

Mikeyou wrote:(In all seriousness, how did you manage to pull this one off?.......This really shows how familiar are you with this POWDER programming.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to figure out how to customize map generation by the next update)

It's the code, you see. It speaks to me. It shouts at me as I type, it whispers to me from the shadowed eaves as I sleep, visions of the possibilities, what it could be, the things it could do, if only I would just let it... And I listen, and I write, as I hear that siren song, for what kind of audience would I be if I did not listen?
In all seriousness, this was probably one of the easier things to implement. Corpses and the resurrect spell operate in an incredibly similar manner so I was able to just appropriate that already existing code to make this work.

Mikeyou wrote:Also, I was wondering if you could....you know.....create a new action for the player called "Chat/Interact" that will.....just display a funny/status/etc message with the monster....kinda a pointless feature....but it's your choice in the end.

I'll think about it, but it'll be low priority for now. I kind of like the fact that none of the creatures can talk to you. Actions speak louder than words, right?

Anyway, new week, new update. This update, 0.5.1, as I'm calling it, contains a number of bug-fixes, code simplifications, and an overhaul to the AI and familiars. I was tired of how brainless and unaware it was, so I made it less brainless and unaware. Full update details are in the changelog portion of the main post, as usual.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.5.1) 10/7

Postby bahamut24 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:27 am

how to tame a creatures?
only know: raise undead and hyponotize
recently found willing approach
wondering if there is other way without offer self?
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby blackrock215 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:21 pm

bahamut24 wrote:how to tame a creatures?

There are several ways to do it.
Hypnotism is one, you can cast resurrect on the corpse of a mob, provided you have 100 free exp to spend on the resurrection, or you can equip the wedding ring or acid resist ring (the wedding ring currently gives anyone who wears in invincibility, and is something of a dev testing tool right now) and offer yourself to any mob capable of eating you. Just keep using the offer command and eventually the mob will become friendly. Another way to create friendly creatures is with a holy wand of create monster, which has a chance of summoning friendly creatures, or by using summon imp/daemon and permanence, though that will only get you daemons and imps.

Additionally, quick bugfix update to fix the unpoly bug and a few other unintended behaviors, and add a little bit more smartness for spellcasting prey.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.5.2) 10/8

Postby Nibor » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:43 pm

This game is REALLY fun! Just the little blurbs that trigger when you're starving make it infinitely better! In one run, I was rushing through, trying to find some tridudes to feed myself to (don't judge! I think they're delightfully weird!) and I found a chameleon. Needless to say, my run ended there...

However, I've run into a big problem: No down ladders and/or ways to get to them thanks to the map generator pulling a "fail". That's something that'll need to be fixed.

Edit: Didn't think of the in-game "search" function. Nevermind.
Last edited by Nibor on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby bahamut24 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:10 pm

blackrock215 wrote:
bahamut24 wrote:how to tame a creatures?

There are several ways to do it.
Hypnotism is one, you can cast resurrect on the corpse of a mob, provided you have 100 free exp to spend on the resurrection, or you can equip the wedding ring or acid resist ring (the wedding ring currently gives anyone who wears in invincibility, and is something of a dev testing tool right now) and offer yourself to any mob capable of eating you. Just keep using the offer command and eventually the mob will become friendly. Another way to create friendly creatures is with a holy wand of create monster, which has a chance of summoning friendly creatures, or by using summon imp/daemon and permanence, though that will only get you daemons and imps.

Additionally, quick bugfix update to fix the unpoly bug and a few other unintended behaviors, and add a little bit more smartness for spellcasting prey.

thx for reply :D
other question: how to increase stomach capacity, if it exist in game?
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:05 pm

I really like this project and I'm happy to see it's being updated.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Nibor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:22 am

Ok, I had terrible luck in my last run. I started off with Belweir, the wizard god, despising me. part way through, he turned me into a Grid Bug and I got stuck, unable to open doors. I would've died if I hadn't found a wedding ring, though I now wish I had just let myself get eaten... I had to quit.

Perhaps make unintended polymorphs temporary, if you can?
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby blackrock215 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:31 pm

New week, new update (if you ignore the fact that I didn't release anything last week.)

This one brings a lot of stability and fixes, as I refactored the vore-related code for the game. Should crash less. Also added a readme, explains some of the more esoteric features of the game. Change notes can be found in the changelog of the main post, as always.

Nibor wrote:This game is REALLY fun! Just the little blurbs that trigger when you're starving make it infinitely better! In one run, I was rushing through, trying to find some tridudes to feed myself to (don't judge! I think they're delightfully weird!) and I found a chameleon. Needless to say, my run ended there...

Oh, those starving lines were not my doing. They were already in the base game and tied to your hunger level.

bahamut24 wrote:thx for reply :D
other question: how to increase stomach capacity, if it exist in game?

Didn't exist in the game and wasn't supported. Now exists in the game (albeit being tested right now and not available through normal gameplay) and is supported through save and load. More on that when I get it finished.

Nibor wrote:Ok, I had terrible luck in my last run. I started off with Belweir, the wizard god, despising me. part way through, he turned me into a Grid Bug and I got stuck, unable to open doors. I would've died if I hadn't found a wedding ring, though I now wish I had just let myself get eaten... I had to quit.

Perhaps make unintended polymorphs temporary, if you can?

I'll look into it. In the mean time, if you manage in some way to drop your health to 0 your character will revert back to their original form and lose a little bit of max health. To alleviate some of the punish problems for now the punish actions of the various gods are more expensive now, and should happen less.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.5.3) 10/21

Postby Nibor » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:26 am

blackrock215 wrote:In the mean time, if you manage in some way to drop your health to 0 your character will revert back to their original form and lose a little bit of max health.
Yeah, I figured that out after a few more rounds. On that topic, I've always had the game crash if digestion kills my polymorph. Just letting ya know.
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby blackrock215 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:52 am

Nibor wrote:
blackrock215 wrote:In the mean time, if you manage in some way to drop your health to 0 your character will revert back to their original form and lose a little bit of max health.
Yeah, I figured that out after a few more rounds. On that topic, I've always had the game crash if digestion kills my polymorph. Just letting ya know.

Latest version should have fixed polymorph & vore related crashes. Let me know if it crashes while you're running 0.5.3.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Postby Nibor » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 pm

blackrock215 wrote:Latest version should have fixed polymorph & vore related crashes. Let me know if it crashes while you're running 0.5.3.

Well, it did crash (freeze) on my last run, when my polymorph ran out in a belly.
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Horatius Horatio » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:17 am

Same. Ate a Chameleon and crashed when it reverted in my stomach.
Horatius Horatio
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game