VOREG (Update 2.5) {July 5 2016}

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: VOREG (Update 2.3)

Postby AMCJavelin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Great game but I just can't beat the Dod-damn Mario level, its the insta-kill lasers and the Bee girl's absurd hitbox
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby VirtuosoViking » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:33 pm

Just got to playing the game, and I think it's pretty good so far. Seems to be headed in the right direction. It reminds me of the Warioware games, with the last Kaiser Mario levels being the boss stages. With that said, it was pretty tedious, those last two. It was already mentioned, but that bee girl has a hit box that would rival the ones in the first Dark Souls game. I think it'd be less tedious if the reset button was set to a keyboard key instead of having to click it, but that's just me. Or maybe some checkpoints. Also just me, but I'm not too much of a scat man, but it's not that bad for me, so I don't mind if it's in there.
Oh, just wondering here, but are you planning on keeping this strictly F/M? Like, did you have a character select in mind for the future with a playable female character? If not, that's cool, I was just asking. Anyway, so far, so good with the game.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FBnorman » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:34 pm

the bee woman could look way better' because a girl with short or no hair looks really gross'
make the bee woman look just like the one in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFidj4yEXaI
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby flames55 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:22 pm

okay whats with the sticky falling platforms in mario world 1/2 i feel like im playing sonic o6 again
flames55
Been posting for a bit

Postby DarkRain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:52 am

VirtuosoViking wrote:Just got to playing the game, and I think it's pretty good so far. Seems to be headed in the right direction. It reminds me of the Warioware games, with the last Kaiser Mario levels being the boss stages. With that said, it was pretty tedious, those last two. It was already mentioned, but that bee girl has a hit box that would rival the ones in the first Dark Souls game. I think it'd be less tedious if the reset button was set to a keyboard key instead of having to click it, but that's just me. Or maybe some checkpoints. Also just me, but I'm not too much of a scat man, but it's not that bad for me, so I don't mind if it's in there.
Oh, just wondering here, but are you planning on keeping this strictly F/M? Like, did you have a character select in mind for the future with a playable female character? If not, that's cool, I was just asking. Anyway, so far, so good with the game.

Hi. Yeah, maybe.
I like the f/m, but I have nothing against the f/f
In the future I plan to add the character selection screen. and Male\female character.
A new, more easy version:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_wsI ... 1RzMnFTR3M
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Re: VOREG (Update 2.4)

Postby FBnorman » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:47 am

you liar' its just as hard as ever' i still cant pass the bee woman.
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby dagar » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Okay, I'm confused as to why no one has said it yet.... but aren't you basically taking assets made by many other vore games? I see the bee girl is from an old animator who's been gone, sure.... but some of them are from RAAD Runner, and even a couple mugen sprites from people here on the portal too. The problem with this game's difficulty seems to come more from sloppy programming.

For example: Enemies rush forward when you are within their line of sight, which means to get over the gap where you can fall and die in the first Mario Level, you have to jump on the second block, and propel yourself forward with a jump to just stay out of that path. Climbing to the top and jumping only makes her rush you quicker than you can fall, and ending your attempt. To double up on this issue, the "platforming" in the Mario levels is well.... having a character who's momentum feels slippery enough, plus platforms that sometimes just shove you down if you brush them, means you will be very hard set to get past any of these levels in good time. This game really needs work before I'll consider it more than a small game thrown together with other people's work....
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Talon13 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:26 pm

FBnorman wrote:the bee woman could look way better' because a girl with short or no hair looks really gross'
make the bee woman look just like the one in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFidj4yEXaI

Bee girls with short hair looks gross huh?
http://i.imgur.com/Z5TzkqG.png
>3>
Talon13
Participator

Postby DarkRain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 pm

dagar wrote:Okay, I'm confused as to why no one has said it yet.... but aren't you basically taking assets made by many other vore games? I see the bee girl is from an old animator who's been gone, sure.... but some of them are from RAAD Runner, and even a couple mugen sprites from people here on the portal too. The problem with this game's difficulty seems to come more from sloppy programming.

For example: Enemies rush forward when you are within their line of sight, which means to get over the gap where you can fall and die in the first Mario Level, you have to jump on the second block, and propel yourself forward with a jump to just stay out of that path. Climbing to the top and jumping only makes her rush you quicker than you can fall, and ending your attempt. To double up on this issue, the "platforming" in the Mario levels is well.... having a character who's momentum feels slippery enough, plus platforms that sometimes just shove you down if you brush them, means you will be very hard set to get past any of these levels in good time. This game really needs work before I'll consider it more than a small game thrown together with other people's work....

FBnorman wrote:you liar' its just as hard as ever' i still cant pass the bee woman.

https://youtu.be/okz2_LWHtOM?t=91
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gibet » Sun May 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Nicely done :) the "climbing" mechanic really makes it, I think
"The predator's job isn't done when the hunt is over." -Topaz the fairy
Gibet
Participator

Postby jaebomber » Wed May 04, 2016 12:30 pm

i could honestly do without the scat and fart noises its kinda gross and lame tbh make digestion longer
jaebomber
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Wed May 04, 2016 2:42 pm

I think that you have a solid start, there's a decent variety of levels and mechanics for an earlyish build, and for the most part the controls and physics feel alright. There are a few things I should mention though that could/should be improved:

The Biggest things:

-The Mario level's physics are really bizarre for that type of gear, it's like everything is made of ice, it's really difficult to stop moving when needed.

-The AI in the Mario level needs some work. Right now everything just starts moving left (towards the character) as soon as the stage loads, which leads to weird, and in some cases (like the beegirl/Pinkie combo near the first gap) near unbeatable behavior. A decent fix for this would simply be to give different enemies "Aggro ranges", in other words, a detection box, usually the size of the visible portion of the screen, maybe larger for some enemies (Like the beegirl, who I assume is supposed to be a Lakitu-like enemy), when the player enters this box, the enemies then begin to move their programmed routes.

-As mentioned above, and by you, pretty much all of the art assets are ripped from other games, most of which are on this forum. This can definitely lead to hard feelings within the community, but also, it causes some ugly issues in-game that ruin the atmosphere of it. For example, none of the monsters actually have an animation for disposal/scat, so it just kind of appears behind them, as well as vastly different art styles all over the place (really obvious in the Mario level. Beegirl looks wildly out of place.) If art isn't your strong suit, I would recommend fixing up the coding a bit, and use what you have as a "proof of concept", and try to team up with an artist, it would go miles towards improving the look and feel of the game. As well as preventing any kind of drama for taking others' work.

Smaller issues:

-While I do like disposal, it's good to note that not everyone does, so it's probably a good idea to add a toggle for those people.

-I do agree that the digestion animation should perhaps be controllable by the player, already having an action key makes it pretty easy to just loop the struggling/full belly animation until the action key is hit, in which case it moves to digestion/disposal animations.

-Hotkeys are your friend! Would be nice to be able to say, press "R" to restart, or "M" for menu, rather than having to click.
komaru
???

Postby DarkRain » Wed May 04, 2016 11:17 pm

komaru wrote:I think that you have a solid start, there's a decent variety of levels and mechanics for an earlyish build, and for the most part the controls and physics feel alright. There are a few things I should mention though that could/should be improved:

The Biggest things:

-The Mario level's physics are really bizarre for that type of gear, it's like everything is made of ice, it's really difficult to stop moving when needed.

-The AI in the Mario level needs some work. Right now everything just starts moving left (towards the character) as soon as the stage loads, which leads to weird, and in some cases (like the beegirl/Pinkie combo near the first gap) near unbeatable behavior. A decent fix for this would simply be to give different enemies "Aggro ranges", in other words, a detection box, usually the size of the visible portion of the screen, maybe larger for some enemies (Like the beegirl, who I assume is supposed to be a Lakitu-like enemy), when the player enters this box, the enemies then begin to move their programmed routes.

-As mentioned above, and by you, pretty much all of the art assets are ripped from other games, most of which are on this forum. This can definitely lead to hard feelings within the community, but also, it causes some ugly issues in-game that ruin the atmosphere of it. For example, none of the monsters actually have an animation for disposal/scat, so it just kind of appears behind them, as well as vastly different art styles all over the place (really obvious in the Mario level. Beegirl looks wildly out of place.) If art isn't your strong suit, I would recommend fixing up the coding a bit, and use what you have as a "proof of concept", and try to team up with an artist, it would go miles towards improving the look and feel of the game. As well as preventing any kind of drama for taking others' work.

Smaller issues:

-While I do like disposal, it's good to note that not everyone does, so it's probably a good idea to add a toggle for those people.

-I do agree that the digestion animation should perhaps be controllable by the player, already having an action key makes it pretty easy to just loop the struggling/full belly animation until the action key is hit, in which case it moves to digestion/disposal animations.

-Hotkeys are your friend! Would be nice to be able to say, press "R" to restart, or "M" for menu, rather than having to click.

Hi, thanks for the comment.
Physics as close as possible to the original Mario (there also everything is made of ice)
Yes, sprites from other games are taken for the reason that I can not draw.
This is not a serious project, the game originally I did for myself.
Perhaps in the next update I will try to fix problem, thank you.
The main problem for me is the lack of available sprites. And art I do not know.
I'm using a translator
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Postby mrcake413 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:34 pm

LOVE this! Just wish you could slow down digestion a tiny bit before the prey becomes poo :D seriously though awesome job, love how it has full digestion :-D
mrcake413
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Thu May 19, 2016 5:26 am

I wish that 2ed girl(shown in the second screenshot, got more of a belly when she ate us, kinda like the catgirl right after her.
Turbotowns
???

Postby DarkRain » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:53 pm

mrcake413 wrote:LOVE this! Just wish you could slow down digestion a tiny bit before the prey becomes poo :D seriously though awesome job, love how it has full digestion :-D

fixed
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Re: VOREG (Update 2.5) {July 5 2016}

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:39 am

Awesome, Updates! Though now my first comment is REALLY dated since you changed the screenshots. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Firon » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:00 am

Turbotowns wrote:Awesome, Updates! Though now my first comment is REALLY dated since you changed the screenshots. XD

are you completely blind?....do you even realise the last update was nearly 2 YEARS AGO?!
Firon
---

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:06 pm

Eh heh heh... And I haven't checked on this, since a PRIOR version. ^^;
Turbotowns
???

Previous

Return to Vore game