Vore game development contest

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore game development contest

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:02 am

mZmm wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:
mZmm wrote:game jams are an established form of contest, not sure what this guy is talking about. I don't think it would spark new games to be created, but it would be a fun exercise and competition for devs to home their skills and maybe get some ideas they had been stowing away.

problem is, fetish games tend to be really content heavy, and making a Content heavy game in a game Jam is way harder than just making some cool new mechanic and making a short game that shows that mechanic off, which is what usually happens at game jams. I would be interested in participating, but it would have to be a bit of a Time period For it to work properly

also any kind of judging system would be hard because I guarantee people would vote for the type of content that appeals to them, and not necessarily the actually better or more well-written game. Same thing with judges.

Aaaaaand? So what if they are Established?

No mater what someone has to be incharge of the money.

Even if you make a thrid party site the money holder, SOMEONE has to tell the thrid party site who to give the money to.

That is a VERY easily abused position.

All of my concerns are still valid.

fam if you're this paranoid about someone stealing your money I'm never going to convince you

nobody that's been in this community for more than 10 minutes would destroy their entire reputation to run away with a couple hundred bucks they could probably make back in a few weeks

yes, don't give your money to some complete rando, but I thought that was pretty well known knowledge????

1 Really? An internet monacer isn't worth a couple hundred bucks to you? Someone offered me a hundred bucks for my ID and I would serriously have to think about it.

2 Reputation? Really. Almost no one would even know outside of this particualr forrum. Fewer would care.

and 3 it would be easy for them to just abuse their position in other ways.

Off the top of My head. Make a game them selves using a different account that they award the money to, award the prize to a friend's game, pay out only a small quantity of the prize, and tell the victor that the prize was getting divied up between several "worthy" games.

They don't just have to cut and run with the money.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby mZmm » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:20 am

say mircea, someone who is very heavily invested in this community and trustworthy, who you say you still wouldn't trust, tried to pull that shit. as soon as anyone found out they would get publicly blacklisted, banned from the site, and people who thought it was a shitty thing would probably also either boycott their patreon or just unpledge from it entirely, losing them a massive amount of Revenue (sorry I had to put you on blast mircea but you're the first person I thought of LMAO). yeah they could just go to another site and do it all over again but if they're only marketable skill is making born games and it's going to be pretty hard to find another niche Community to do it in

what you're paranoid of is a legitimate concern if you're letting someone completely random do it, but there are Community leaders and people that are most certainly trustworthy enough to do this

we're just trying to have a fun little contest, dude. If you're that paranoid about having your 20 bucks or whatever stolen then just don't participate. running a legit contest for fun is way more practical and easy to do then establishing this crazy scam ring in order to steal a couple hundred bucks from people on a vore website

this is going to be my last comment on this subject, because I want to actually talk about the concept of a game jam
mZmm
Participator

Postby Skittles209 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:20 am

Talking about something like the Global Game Jam? 3 Days to create a game, based around a central idea like 'waves' or 'What do we do now' sort of stuff, and all for the sake of developing skills and networking? That stuff is awesome. Nothing better than either working for 3 days straight without sleep thanks to caffeine or sleeping six hours and putting hard sweat and brain muscle to work while chowing down on a quick bowl of something.

The official GGJ stuff focuses heavily on freshly made or public accessible assets through. It's against the rules to have 3D models already on hand unless they were publicly distributed on like Turbo Squid or something.

Their website, http://globalgamejam.org/, for the lazy or those that wish to read more.
Skittles209
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:24 am

mZmm wrote:say mircea, someone who is very heavily invested in this community and trustworthy, who you say you still wouldn't trust, tried to pull that shit. as soon as anyone found out they would get publicly blacklisted, banned from the site, and people who thought it was a shitty thing would probably also either boycott their patreon or just unpledge from it entirely, losing them a massive amount of Revenue (sorry I had to put you on blast mircea but you're the first person I thought of LMAO). yeah they could just go to another site and do it all over again but if they're only marketable skill is making born games and it's going to be pretty hard to find another niche Community to do it in

what you're paranoid of is a legitimate concern if you're letting someone completely random do it, but there are Community leaders and people that are most certainly trustworthy enough to do this

we're just trying to have a fun little contest, dude. If you're that paranoid about having your 20 bucks or whatever stolen then just don't participate. running a legit contest for fun is way more practical and easy to do then establishing this crazy scam ring in order to steal a couple hundred bucks from people on a vore website

this is going to be my last comment on this subject, because I want to actually talk about the concept of a game jam

Like I said, they don't have to take the money cut and run. There are much subtler ways of defrauding people.

And believe me, I WOULD LOVE, to see a game or two come out of this, BUT all things FAIL without fail at any point they can fail.

The pitfalls MUST be established, and paved over for this to have any hope of working out.

Saying you don't want to discuss the potential problems this may have, dooms this endevor.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ImaginaryZ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:24 pm

I'd love to have a date for "make a short simple vore game before UTC Date" some weekend. It'd be nice to see who shows up to fight it out, but so far as themes you could go with how film festivals handle it; make a vore related game that involves this prop (mandolin) and uses a lot of this theme (purple). Note the game doesn't even have to work, we could just have people submit their resulting ideas as entries, even hand drawn pencil paper submissions should be OK. It's a chance to compete and learn, not to earn.

And obviously random lists of things and themes are simple enough, and it would not deter peoples differing preferences.

@MirceaKitsune it's a good idea. If I can help with the list or anything let me know.

-Z
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby StuporStar » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Hey, if this did happen, do you think it would be a good idea to allow teams? Or more specifically, should we be pairing up artists and programmers together? I can't program at all, but it would fun for me to participate as an artist some how.
StuporStar
New to the forum

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

StuporStar wrote:Hey, if this did happen, do you think it would be a good idea to allow teams? Or more specifically, should we be pairing up artists and programmers together? I can't program at all, but it would fun for me to participate as an artist some how.

Word of Caution. You'd want one Team Mate. Any more is a logistical nightmare at this point.

And you'd both need to be dedicated.

Now you may think thats the easy part but believe me it isn't. I made a couple games back in college with teams. One with three members one with six.

With three, two of us were dedicated, but the third guy didn't turn in anything untill the final day before the semester ended, and what he turned in was CRAP.

And on the six man team, I turned in everything I was supposed to do within the first two weeks, then I had to badger everyone incessiently for the next several months to get stuff done. It was to the point where I was lending my laptop to people who owned laptops, so I could force them to do work infront of me because I'm sure they were "Forgetting" theirs intentionally.

A team may be your only option, but it can be a mountain of stress.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TastyTales » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:56 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
StuporStar wrote:Hey, if this did happen, do you think it would be a good idea to allow teams? Or more specifically, should we be pairing up artists and programmers together? I can't program at all, but it would fun for me to participate as an artist some how.

Word of Caution. You'd want one Team Mate. Any more is a logistical nightmare at this point.

And you'd both need to be dedicated.

Now you may think thats the easy part but believe me it isn't. I made a couple games back in college with teams. One with three members one with six.

With three, two of us were dedicated, but the third guy didn't turn in anything untill the final day before the semester ended, and what he turned in was CRAP.

And on the six man team, I turned in everything I was supposed to do within the first two weeks, then I had to badger everyone incessiently for the next several months to get stuff done. It was to the point where I was lending my laptop to people who owned laptops, so I could force them to do work infront of me because I'm sure they were "Forgetting" theirs intentionally.

A team may be your only option, but it can be a mountain of stress.

This entirely. I jumped into a team that claimed they wanted to work on a Visual novel project (I joined to get some writing expetience before I started my own). First day in the Discord was a mountain of activity, everyone was talking about the game and the characters and plot, it was awesome.

Day 2: no one talks or plans anything. Our leader is MIA (turns out she had to go for a month or so). In any case I've now got so much practice on the visual novel builder we were using (Tyranobuilder) that I'd be better off being a programmer then a writer on that project.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're in a team you need to keep the ball constantly rolling, deliverables and deadlines are key.
Last edited by TastyTales on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TastyTales
Somewhat familiar

Postby mZmm » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 am

probably should have separate categories for teams and solo projects
mZmm
Participator

Postby TastyTales » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:52 am

mZmm wrote:probably should have separate categories for teams and solo projects

Could do that too, yeah. I don't think we should prevent teams from entering, I just don't think they should be mandatory. (Honestly, my game would look so much better with an artist who had skill instead of... well, me.)
TastyTales
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:39 am

I think this contest thingy would be a good idea to have more peoples try and be more adventurous.

Id like to ask if anyone though of a date to hold the contest. Make it so that there isn't too many stuck with RL work/activities/tests.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:13 am

Making a game alone can be very hard, so I'd support that. I know there are 48 hour game jams where people come up with some rather impressive games, but most are extremely short and either pixelated 2D or very simplistic 3D. As far as vore games go, we have enough simple games with little replayability or content which people easily grow bored of... I brought up this idea in part with fixing that in mind.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby fieldmousse » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:27 pm

I'd love to participate in a vore game jam. It'd have to be short though like a couple days. in my experience longer ones don't work as well.
I wouldn't care about a prize, but it could help to motivate people to actually participate.

I can't do art, but I can program
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby VVVx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:43 am

Anyone willing to organize such a Jam? I'd be willing to participate, if this thing is gonna happen.
VVVx
Participator

Postby smiley » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Might be fun to make a small game for this.
smiley
Participator

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:28 pm

Well, since it's been agreed that the first couple should be without prizes.
How about a 10 day jam starting on vore day?
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fieldmousse » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:06 pm

Should we pick a theme and such first?
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby Thagrahn » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:23 pm

... How about the theme:
@Work

(Honestly wasn't sure anyone was up for this)
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:08 pm

*sigh*

So much distrust, so much over thinking.

Honestly we already have theme. Vore.

Adding another on top of that is substantially limiting, unless you add something incredibly broad like "Future" Or the work suggestion.

Honestly for prize money I'd just let a few patrons volunteer to provide 1st 2nd and 3rd place prizes if they're needed. If the one guy wanted to provide $100 for the competition I'd be willing to sponsor 2nd place at $50 and if anyone was willing they could sponsor 3rd at $25. That way no money needs to pass hands to some party that could run away scott free and it's just sponsored by willing community members who want to see more games.

As for judging we could do a mix of voting and judges, each contributing to half of the result. The judges should only be evaluating based on the competence of the creation, not the content itself. "How well is it programmed?" "How well is it written? Grammatically? Themes? Flow?" "Are visual elements significantly impressive?" That sort of thing. For the voting if you really want to make sure it is fair we could do a vote by post concept and only accept votes from accounts 2 months old and older so that people registering for more accounts would be discounted.

Contestants should provide the source code or material for what they made so it can be properly judged.

We have lives, at least I do. A 24-48 hour jam is for people dedicating all their time to it. A full week or two would make sense. And the focus should be on short creations, not full blown adventures. No game jam produces a full length triple A work after all.

That's my two cents at least. I could be convinced to haphazardly organize such a thing especially if a third prize patron came forth. And if people wanted me to, I don't consider myself an authority here I'm just another asshat into vore. I'd love an excuse to make something new and throw my hat in though.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby TastyTales » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Thagrahn wrote:Well, since it's been agreed that the first couple should be without prizes.
How about a 10 day jam starting on vore day?

Eep! Wish we had made a new thread for this. I don't have anything prepared right now x3;
TastyTales
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game