[VX ACE] The Fates We Weave (FIRST CHAPTER)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

[VX ACE] The Fates We Weave (FIRST CHAPTER)

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:51 pm

RPG Maker Blog with games and pics

Demo Ver 0.1.0.1 - (RPG VX ACE RTP required.)

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
-Nerfed Mecha Fae's healing on Hard Mode
-Added/Corrected Text to some skills and items.

0.1.0.0 - Finally uploaded!
-Story is playable to the first boss!
-Nests: A test of endurance and skill as you fight monsters!
-A bit of vore as this is a vore game. You must activate Vore Mode first.
-Many playable elements!

---

Features: ?/F, F/?, Cocoon, Soft vore
Possible: Unbirth, Anal Vore, Soul Vore, Rubber, Shrinking, Bulgeless
Does not feature: Hard vore, Digestion, Scat

---

The Fates We Weave is a game full of spiders for RPG Maker VX Ace. Cocooning is a given, though I do plan to implement some vore elements as well.

Story: This is the tale of a girl who has never seen the war of the outside world. This is the tale of a woman making her last stand against a massive army. It was only by fate that these two would meet on the island of Oryia, a land cursed with hunger.

Aleya couldn't move, trapped in this white substance that came out of this creature's butt. This substance was almost like fabric, except smoother yet oddly restrictive. Even with her weapon, the creature had managed to subdue her quickly. As she laid there, she wondered how this creature planned to eat her...

*Bang Bang Bang* "Good riddance."

And then Aleya saw her. The woman in red pocketed her weapon and must have seen Aleya too. She pulled out a knife and approached Aleya. "Don't worry, I'll get you out."

Soon, Aleya had her mouth working again as the woman cut away the threads on her head. She cast her eyes on the eight-legged creature that had captured her before, dead and bleeding. "What was that thing?"

"A spider. Just a little part of the biggest problem our world suffers." The woman spat with disgust. "They snatch anything that moves, trussing them in cocoons and keeping them trapped for days, even months, before the spiders feast on them."

"Cool." Aleya liked the sound of that.

"They eat by injecting venom into their living prey, turning them into liquid slosh." The woman added.

"Not...cool?"

"Exactly. You... don't know what a spider is before, have you? I'd say this land is fortunate, but..." She turned towards the smoke, where the flying ship had crashed. "I must see if those circumstances have changed."

Aleya watched the woman head towards the ship, nursing what looks to be a broken arm. No wonder she was holding her weapon strangely. She quickly ripped herself out of the webbing. "Hold up, you're injured! Let me help! Oh, I'm Aleya, by the way."

"I...am Diamont."

Oryia is the Cursed Continent, previously the site of battle against an ancient god. With its last laugh, the ancient god had bestowed the curse of hunger onto this land, giving the creatures and plants a hunger that couldn't be satisfied. Some people look at this continent and swear they could see a giant shadow looming over this land even to this day. Superstition meant no willing visitors from the outside. Perhaps that is for the best...

---

Characters:

Aleya - A local of Oryia and the only practitioner of the Guardian's Shield spell. Like all Oryians, she likes eating and can keep a good figure. She has dreamed of flying boats and eyes since she was young. The art of the Guardian Shield also makes her an expert of tanking and protecting others, and she is willing to learn.

Tiger Lily - Aleya's pet Vermin, a bidepal animal with a big appetite and a penchant for trouble. Diamont has doubts the tiger-like Tiger Lily is actually tame but can commend the friendship these two hold. Tiger Lily is good with dealing damage and causing some chaos.

Mae - Mae is a fairy, the only occupant of Oryia who seems to know what a spider, and her desire to wrap people up had made her the local boogey monster. Somehow, Mae has ended up as frienemies with Aleya and Tiger Lily, though she wants to also add Diamont to that collect despite the latter's protests. As a fairy, Mae knows a few spells and invented some of her own.

Diamont - Hailing from the cold utopia of the Synthon Empire, Diamont holds herself to a high standard, always cold and calculating, willing to serve but not die for the cause. It is for her survival that she sticks with Aleya...despite a few incidents. Having risen in the ranks of the army, she is good at dealing damage and surviving.

---

Gameplay Mechanics:
Cocoons- The spiders brings a new element to Oryia: webs. Each layer of webbing can impede an enemy or character, but when it builds up enough, those webs can form a Cocoon that can hamper even the toughest of bosses. It is an "interactive paralysis", meaning that you can control your character's actions but in a limited fashion.

Being cocooned will also force your cocooned party leader to hop around and sometimes be at a disadvantage when talking to other people. And Cocooning isn't the only fancy status effect you have to worry about...

Vore- This will be a vore game, so spiders aren't the only foes you have to worry about. Each enemy would have a vore scene when they eat you, and there are some events on the map that could make you spend some time in a stomach. Other vore features pending.

So Many Features- I like scripting, so there will be some fun things here and there to keep the game interesting. Use a shield to protect your party! Play in Hard Mode to switch up enemy tactics! Consider enemy movements on the map to get past them unharmed. This isn't just a Vore RPG, it's a game!

---

Side Projects:
These are games I am considering from a battler standpoint, but will otherwise be a low priority to this game and possibly not as complex as TFWW.

Meka: This one is based a bit on Megaman's boss order, so with robots in mind, I'm thinking Mecha Vore.

Muncher Mansion: This one will have monsters designed for Halloween, so the battle system will be re-imagined as getting away from these monsters.

Spider: Based on the Alpha Demo, you play as a spider, so this is more focused on being the one who cocoons.

Mirror World - A game based on Parangstki's latex art. Unless living bodybags count, not much vore.

===============

Misc:
55 VX Ace Battlers - free

Donations: https://www.paypal.me/polyedit2000
Last edited by polyedit2000 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 31 times in total.
polyedit2000
Participator

Re: The Fates We Weave - Title Demo

Postby PedVerse » Thu May 26, 2016 11:15 pm

Not bad XD, let me know when you get some more progress down, You got me interested XD
PedVerse
New to the forum

Postby cartoon_oracle » Fri May 27, 2016 1:01 am

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!!!!
cartoon_oracle
Been posting for a bit

Postby polyedit2000 » Fri May 27, 2016 3:27 am

In my rush to post this topic, I had overlooked some flaws my cocooning code. Thankfully, I was able to correct it and it works as intended now. I also got notetags to work, so I can initialize my battler's cocoon stats.

Speaking of cocoons, these are my cocoons:

While that photo was taken awhile ago, all those cocoons come from one state just like now. Later, I'll add more random cocoons of the same size category and unique cocoons. That, or I'll look into a change graphic script.

Oh, and the enemies in the battle are animated in the breathing sense.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Talon13 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:54 am

By spiders, for spiders, of spiders.
Talon13
Participator

Postby polyedit2000 » Sun May 29, 2016 11:33 am

Well, it can't be a spider game without cocoons. Here's a test image of some cocoons I made.

To be fair, I took the texture from a pile of paper a maid was carrying. I will have to lighten the color and maybe change the poses. So why do I make cocoons on the map? One thing I want Boris to do is drag some cocoons home to hang in his web. Another thing is that when you play as Aleya, she doesn't have the ability to remove her own webs, so she'll be hopping around in one.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Maexam2 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:49 pm

Hmm... Interesting.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:07 pm

I don't really want to post just to show I'm alive, but at the moment, the circuit breaker controlling my brother's room and my room keep tripping. I realize with enough "testing" that it's only when both our PCs are on, but when I can, I'll see if it's from the router (both of us being wired). Don't worry, I'll be able to switch to wireless if my theory is correct.

Anyway, I apologize that in the times I do work on the game, it's mainly on the graphical parts, whether it's downloading resources or spriting them myself. Perhaps it's not the right priority, but messing around with them does give me future story ideas and more vorish scenarios.

I do hope to get a small demo out by my next post. not with any story but at least to demonstrate what will be in the game (And not to let all that scripting go to waste).

The first chapter boss (not including any bosses before) will be a pyro-soldier. Although you can cocoon him, he will show no cocoons are alike and can burn the state off, so you will need to douse or find flame-retardant webs if you want to properly cocoon him. I also have an idea for a "predictive model", so if you see a warning in this boss fight, defend accordingly to reduce damage!
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Midir » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:16 am

I really love your ideas. Totally looking forward to this!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: [RPG VX ACE]The Fates We Weave - Demo Soon

Postby polyedit2000 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Alpha Demo is out now! (VX ACE RTP required)
here

My original plan was to have you choose between Aleya and Boris, but I couldn't come up with any other material for Aleya other than being cocooned, so it's just Boris. So, do you think I should continue on making a game of spiders?
polyedit2000
Participator

Re: [RPG VX ACE]The Fates We Weave - Alpha Demo

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:40 pm

I was wondering why there weren't any replies, but then I saw the urls didn't format right. That is now fixed.

---

Anyway, Cocooning is the main thing in this game, with enemy-based game-overs a close second. Because of fairies, however, I'm hoping to add a third: Shrinking/GTS. Just like the enemies hopping around in battle, Mini (and later Giant) will make the enemy change size. This will also cause the enemy's stats to change as well.

Furthermore, one or two characters may have Vore skills; Vore scales with size, so you should be able to instantly eat a fairy but will need to damage a larger creature. With Mini and Giant, though, most enemies should be treated like a creature of respective size, so a Giant Fairy can't be eaten instantly. The size of the vorer also affects success rate, so they too can be Mini'd and Giant'd.

Because of shrinking and growth, I might have to modify Gameover scenes to reflect this. The script is currently set to work with Mini, so I need some time to add in Giant.

Edit: Got Mini and Giant to work smoothly with each other. Next, I should test the Devour script.
Last edited by polyedit2000 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby jyoster » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:I was wondering why there weren't any replies, but then I saw the urls didn't format right. That is now fixed.

---

Anyway, Cocooning is the main thing in this game, with enemy-based game-overs a close second. Because of fairies, however, I'm hoping to add a third: Shrinking/GTS. Just like the enemies hopping around in battle, Mini (and later Giant) will make the enemy change size. This will also cause the enemy's stats to change as well.

Furthermore, one or two characters may have Vore skills; Vore scales with size, so you should be able to instantly eat a fairy but will need to damage a larger creature. With Mini and Giant, though, most enemies should be treated like a creature of respective size, so a Giant Fairy can't be eaten instantly. The size of the vorer also affects success rate, so they too can be Mini'd and Giant'd.

Because of shrinking and growth, I might have to modify Gameover scenes to reflect this. The script is currently set to work with Mini, so I need some time to add in Giant.

Sound interesting. 8)
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShadowedFigure » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:14 am

Took me several attempts to do the last part without "brute force". Didn't realize the cocooned status is stackable.

I like the combat, because it is fairly explicit in the balancing of status effects vs damage. It's simpler than a lot of RPGs, but pretty satisfying to gradually paralyze an enemy. I look forward to seeing what's next.
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby polyedit2000 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:17 pm

I should make a note to clarify the stacks/refresh of certain skills, considering that most RPG Maker games don't do stacked states.

Anyway, the demo was good for 1v1 in terms of cocooning, but what if more enemies are involved? Does one plan to add more wrappers to the team, or does one increase the power of their webs? And when it comes to experience, does one restrict the gains to cocooned enemies or find a different algorithm?

But anyway, my progress in this game is mainly on graphics and scripting, so do not expect any other demos soon. I could at least post some testing beds if I need an opinion of which route to go. For example, the battle system was based on one Web skill per turn and assuming only one character is the webber, but I would have to see if it's better to make all webbing skills Instant (can cast as many in one turn), powerful (increase amount and range) or aided (add more webbers to the team).
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Bleeb » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Awesome game here, I can't wait to see more, especially perils for Kaleya and game overs. I've always wanted and wondered why there weren't any real cocoon-fetish focused games like this, so I'm eager to see where this goes. looks very promising!
Bleeb
Been posting for a bit

Postby polyedit2000 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Sorry, I had been on my sub of WoW. That had extended to two months because at the end of the first month's sub and the beginning of the new expansion, I did Heroic Archimonde but the quest item for the moose mount had not dropped. I sent a ticket and did get the moose mount, thus the second month's sub. Also, when I am subbed to WoW, I dedicate all my free time to WoW. Nasty pattern of mine.

So...I haven't done any progress on the spider game, unfortunately. However, today's my last day of the sub, and I'll most likely wait until Xavius LFR or Karazhan before getting back into WoW. Though at the end of the week, I'm getting Paper Mario though it's not going to be a 100% time sink so I should be able to focus some on RPG Maker.

Anyway, I think I have not thought about abandoning the spider game, though it may take some time to put out any meaningful content.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Bleeb » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:31 pm

ahh. well I'm interested in seeing this progress with Kaleya still.
Bleeb
Been posting for a bit

Re: [RPG VX ACE]The Fates We Weave (In Progress)

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Alright, I don't know if people update their game topics without sending a small demo, but I figured that I could at least update weekly so people don't think it'll be dead. I may reply to some questions and suggestions over the week, especially if I do have anything to show.

===

Progress this week: After getting off Warfcraft, I found it easy to go back to working on this RPG by drawing monsters. I figured that when I craft them, I can build a scenario around them, and so far, that seems to help with my motivation. As of this week, I drew three bosses, a fairy and three dryads, plus some plant cocoons. Here are the bosses:

Beezel- The Queen of Bees does not fancy a fight with peasants, but once you have proven yourself against her greatest warriors, she will take up her blades and fight you herself. Truth be told, I had thought of a queen bee boss ages ago, so it's no surprise that I would make one for this game. One attack that would make her fearsome is her Buzzwind, which can damage the whole party and also cut some cocoons on her side!

Drysil- Once a druid of the forest, its sudden destruction has rended her mind. She will rebuild the forest, even on the remains of the innocent! She has three dryads she made to watch over the rebuilding, and by defeating or reviving these druids, it'll also affect how her battle goes.

Yr'gnuh- An ancient being summoned, its true horror cannot be comprehended. This is probably the largest boss in the game, a rare random encounter that even then requires certain items if you wish to fight it at all.

Also, I am beginning to create a vorish tileset after reading a topic here. I had started on some floors recolored and layered from lava floors, but I'm just realizing now that the colors don't seam across each other smoothly. I might have a need for such tiles, especially with Yr'gnuh.

===

Question: Should I sell my monsters in packs or should I release them for free?
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby DarkPinkie » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:13 am

As much as I would love saying "free" as I am a poor bloke I have to stick to my stance of "it's the creator's choice". I wouldn't be able to afford it though so I would greatly appreciate free...

Unless you're talking in game cash then go for whatever you think is the more interesting option.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Bleeb » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Sounds interesting from what you said you have planned there, I look forward to seeing what you do here.

As for selling the packs.. tbh, I wouldn't be able to afford buying stuff with real money for this either, and I'm not sure how many people you have playing this right now, if its as small a fanbase (atm) as I think, cutting stuff out to sell might snuff out the pocket of interest that their is. Though up to you what you want to do with that, it just might have that kind of consequence. I think it would be a shame for that to happen too, since there are no other games like this around at all, which is part of why I'm very interested in seeing more damsels cocooned here. But if you're talking about buying the bosses in game or something, whatever you think is most interesting there can work.

I really hope to see more gameplay with Kaleya though, I do love the 'webbed game over' type scenes, and peril in general. what did you mean about the vorish tilesets though? like inside stomachs? or monster lairs?
Bleeb
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game