A Bitter Journey (Discussion For Now)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What extra feature would you want the most in the game?

A. Minigames
24%
B. Boss Rush Mode
9%
C. A Special Area for Completionists
13%
D. Hidden Bosses (Think of Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts)
27%
F. Specialized Music
4%
G. Dank Memes
19%
H. Jumpscares
5%

Total votes : 147

Re: A Bitter Journey (Discussion For Now)

Postby Slate » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Benevorlent wrote:This looks like an interesting game, I'm not normally one for RPG Maker games but the premise in this makes me want to try it out. Any chance of the demo being released soon?

Thanks for your interest in this game. Yeah, you could see this game out soon, depending on whether or not I am satasfied with what I have done so far. Unfortunatly, I recently lost a lot of progress due to problems with my computer, and that did sort of dishearten me. Don't worry too much though; I learned from other experiences like that, and back up the game whenever I can. Setting a deadline usually jinxes things with me, but lets say a couple of weeks, maybe a month or two? I don't know for sure, but it will be soon.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Benevorlent » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:03 pm

Slate wrote:
Benevorlent wrote:This looks like an interesting game, I'm not normally one for RPG Maker games but the premise in this makes me want to try it out. Any chance of the demo being released soon?

Thanks for your interest in this game. Yeah, you could see this game out soon, depending on whether or not I am satasfied with what I have done so far. Unfortunatly, I recently lost a lot of progress due to problems with my computer, and that did sort of dishearten me. Don't worry too much though; I learned from other experiences like that, and back up the game whenever I can. Setting a deadline usually jinxes things with me, but lets say a couple of weeks, maybe a month or two? I don't know for sure, but it will be soon.

Shame about the computer problems, seems to happen to quite a few people on here. Nice to know you're still working on it, best of luck and I'll make sure to keep up with this!
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:29 pm

'Ello everybody. I have a small update for you all today. I looked at the poll, and because of it's results so far, I have leveraged some extra time into the top two categories. While I can't tell you about hidden bosses I have planned, I can tell you some of the minigames I have planned.

Progress.png

Meet Death. She will offer a service in which playing minigames will net you some unique stuff exclusive to her, or cost you an eternity by her side should you lose at them. At release of the first demo, you will be able to play 3 types of minigames with her.

1. Trivia:
Just some plain old trivia. She will ask you questions about the game, from enemies and story stuff to the more obscure elements present in the game. More questions will be added in following updates to the game itself.

2. Cat N' Mouse:
In this one, there will be an obstacle course with varying degrees of hazards that you must get through without using magic. All while you are doing this, you will be chased by death. Certain maps will transform you and death into different creatures, such as a literal cat and mouse.

3. Warrior, Wizard, Rogue
Basically just rock, paper, scissors. It has a fantasy theme. Best two out of three wins. Yes, it is simple; coming up with minigames is harder than it seems alright?

I want to add in two more types by final release, one being added for each segment. Anyway, that is what I was working on. As always, I am happy to answer any questions, concerns, and/or comments. See ya in the next update! :-D
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Monopolus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:06 am

Can't wait to try this out! :D

I feel so spoiled with the thought of precious mini-games!
Monopolus
???

Postby Slate » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Hello again everybody.

I have been working on the game, and I can safely say that the way I have gone about making battles is coming together very well. It takes a considerable amount of time making the individual battles, but it is hopefully much more engaging. I am going through what I have done so far and adding some stuff that will change if your first companion is present with you. The story is a bit less concise than I initially wanted, but I have decided to roll with it and make the game very open by having more than just one way to progress the main story.

That is the update for now. As always, I will answer any questions you may have.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Monopolus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:14 pm

If we will stumble upon a vore type that we don't like, is there a way for you to give a warning icon beforehand? I'd assume you can have some conditional items in the introduction to allow us to disable certain scenes, like some games do with scat-related stuff. It wouldn't disable the scene, but saying 'I don't like M/M' for example, would give some * symbol on a dialogue choice to notify that such a scene will happen down this route.
Monopolus
???

Postby Slate » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 pm

Monopolus wrote:If we will stumble upon a vore type that we don't like, is there a way for you to give a warning icon beforehand? I'd assume you can have some conditional items in the introduction to allow us to disable certain scenes, like some games do with scat-related stuff. It wouldn't disable the scene, but saying 'I don't like M/M' for example, would give some * symbol on a dialogue choice to notify that such a scene will happen down this route.

I could do that, but it might mess with the dialogue boxes. I do give ample warning beforehand though, and a person would have to be amazingly dense to not see the vore coming. I usually also give the option to skip the vore as well. Don't worry, you won't be getting into anything you don't want (As long as you don't just spam the 'Enter' or 'Z' key to skip dialogue, in which case, that is on you).
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:35 pm

What's up everyone? I have been working on the game, but it has mostly just been editing dialogue from when I first started everything. To those of you who write dialogue, whether it is for a story, or you have games of your own, have you ever felt the same about something you wrote a fairly long while ago? Some of the stuff I edited was edgy as hell, some of it didn't make much sense, and some of it just sort of lost the charm I thought it had when I first wrote it.

How long will it be to a release? For the first section to be completed in full, I don't know for sure. For something, anything to be released? Anytime, but I am not satisfied with where the game is right now, so I refuse.

As always, ask any questions, comments, concerns, etc..., and I will answer them to the best of my ability. Bye.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby June » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Last edited by June on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
June
New to the forum

Postby Slate » Wed May 03, 2017 7:02 am

Hello everyone. It hurts me to say, but I am going to bring development of the game to a halt for now. My computer seems to have finally bit the dust, and I am not sure I can repair it this time.

I know what you may be thinking, and the answer is a giant no; this is not a cancellation. I am still as driven as ever too​ make a quality game, and no hardware is going to stop me. Now that being said, no computer means no development whatsoever, and if worse comes round, it will be some time before I can actually afford to replace it.

I apologise for such disappointments. They frustrate me as much, if not more than you, and take away from an experience I hope will be worthy of reverence.

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Dev
Slate
1493812198934-2023119055.jpg
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby nuggholio » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:58 am

Rip 2k17. hopefully it wasn the hard drive that died so you can get the files back, though im pretty sure you still can get the data off a broken hard drive by going to some tech store.
nuggholio
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game