A Bitter Journey (Discussion For Now)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What extra feature would you want the most in the game?

A. Minigames
24%
B. Boss Rush Mode
9%
C. A Special Area for Completionists
13%
D. Hidden Bosses (Think of Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts)
27%
F. Specialized Music
4%
G. Dank Memes
19%
H. Jumpscares
5%

Total votes : 147

Re: A Bitter Journey (Discussion For Now)

Postby jyoster » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:50 pm

Slate wrote:
jyoster wrote:This is just in... I got another question! :roll: And yes, it's about the demo ( and possibly the full game) that I want to know. So here it is:

What kind of creatures can we expect to see? And will we be able to ally with some of them?

That's all for now, have a nice day. :-D

*Straightens Up Papers* For the demo, you won't be seeing very many abnormal creatures, but that is due to the starting position in the world. There are going to be three main areas in the world, two of which will have substantial monster population.

Currently, I have plans to include slimes, centaurs, skeletons, lamias (or nagas; whatever name you prefer), zombies, evil plants, dragons, a single neko, harpies, and faeries. I probably forgot a lot because I do that sometimes, but yeah, pretty diverse crowd so far. And of course some of the creatures can be ally-able. It is always good to have friends, so why limit it to people? Working on making the first ally that falls under one of those creature categories by the way, so keep an eye out for her in the demo. Hope this answered your question!
Thank you for answering, but now this brings up another question. 8O Will there be some custom creatures? Like for example, lets say, a Raptor ( Who's going to do THAT? :?: ). If so, are you open for sprite made by some members? Not including myself ( I have no Idea how to do so ^^; ).

Just something to consider, and with that, have a nice day. :-D
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:04 pm

jyoster wrote:
Slate wrote:
jyoster wrote:This is just in... I got another question! :roll: And yes, it's about the demo ( and possibly the full game) that I want to know. So here it is:

What kind of creatures can we expect to see? And will we be able to ally with some of them?

That's all for now, have a nice day. :-D

*Straightens Up Papers* For the demo, you won't be seeing very many abnormal creatures, but that is due to the starting position in the world. There are going to be three main areas in the world, two of which will have substantial monster population.

Currently, I have plans to include slimes, centaurs, skeletons, lamias (or nagas; whatever name you prefer), zombies, evil plants, dragons, a single neko, harpies, and faeries. I probably forgot a lot because I do that sometimes, but yeah, pretty diverse crowd so far. And of course some of the creatures can be ally-able. It is always good to have friends, so why limit it to people? Working on making the first ally that falls under one of those creature categories by the way, so keep an eye out for her in the demo. Hope this answered your question!
Thank you for answering, but now this brings up another question. 8O Will there be some custom creatures? Like for example, lets say, a Raptor ( Who's going to do THAT? :?: ). If so, are you open for sprite made by some members? Not including myself ( I have no Idea how to do so ^^; ).

Just something to consider, and with that, have a nice day. :-D

Well, I don't really have any experience making anything like sprites, so I am just trying to find and adapt as many I can. I would do custom creatures, but again, not experienced with sprites, so anything I could make would probably just drag the quality of the game down with it. I am open to sprites made by other members, but only if I could find a way to make them fit. Making something fit would really depend on what the said sprites were, but I usually am able to add and subtract without changing the game too much. Thanks for the question!
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby jyoster » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:23 am

Okay, you welcome. I wish I can make a game.
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:44 am

This sounds interesting so far.
Looking forward to what else might come.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Slate » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Working on adding the evil side to what I have done so far. It is going to be a bit tougher making it not as obvious as "I am now the devil incarnate; fear me", but I think it will really add to the game. I have also finished two predator revenge branches for one of the enemy types. All is going according to plan. Would any of you like to see some more screenshots of what I have so far?
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Fixing up the quest that will lead to the end of the demo, making some enemy interactions, filling out the world with bits and pieces. Might just save the guild for the next demo, but I will see if I can fit it in.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:17 pm

I hate to admit it, but I haven't really got that much done since last update. I have been netflixing and chilling for the majority of the time, so I don't really have anything to show. To make up for this however, I will say I am about 75-80% done with the demo, and will give some more screenshots of what the game is so far.

Screenshot (1).jpg
Many of the objects in the world will be interactable

Screenshot (2).jpg
You will come across a wide variety of characters in your travels
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Just got a great idea while I was editing the text boxes for dialogue. How about a dynamic deal system for item merchants? With each update, I will change the deals that will be available and make it more realistic.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby jyoster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Slate wrote:Just got a great idea while I was editing the text boxes for dialogue. How about a dynamic deal system for item merchants? With each update, I will change the deals that will be available and make it more realistic.

Um, What? :?
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:46 pm

jyoster wrote:
Slate wrote:Just got a great idea while I was editing the text boxes for dialogue. How about a dynamic deal system for item merchants? With each update, I will change the deals that will be available and make it more realistic.

Basically, every time I release a demo, the people who sell you stuff will have different items and deals then the last version.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby jyoster » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:30 pm

Slate wrote:
jyoster wrote:

Basically, every time I release a demo, the people who sell you stuff will have different items and deals then the last version.

Oh! :o Now I get it, thanks. ^^;
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:59 pm

What has gotten worked on this week?

- Editing dialogue and flavor text
- Forming the optional quest and follower
- Added a way to take cookies from a kid
- Making the monster racist fights
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:32 pm

Classes are starting up again, so I will have much less time to work on this. I will probably only be able to work on weekends, but this is going to get done.
Aside from that, I have thought of making a weekend stream for the game, provided my potato of a computer can handle it. What do you all think?
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:27 am

Hello again everybody. I know the updates stopped coming as often as they were, but I have some good news. As of right now, I am almost done with every part of the first build/release/version/etc of the game. I have decided to give this game the full works, making it much more game like. Looking at it right now, the final release will allow you to have 4 (Possibly more) companions, each will be with unique combat, dialogue, vore, items, skills, quests, and whatnot. And like the Easter Bunny, I am leaving a whole lot of Easter Eggs and other surprises in many places, with some very well hidden. Some of them will even need for you to look back in previous builds to access them! Anyway, yada, yada, boasting about game, yada, ambitious idea, yada. Is there anything I can clue you all in on? Release date is very foggy, but I would be happy to talk about anything while my computer maintains a non-burning temperature.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby nuggholio » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:41 pm

How soon do you think you'll have the demo out? Most of the games i've bookmarked are in a semi dead state so it's exciting when one actually updates :P
nuggholio
Participator

Postby Monopolus » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Slate wrote:Hello again everybody. I know the updates stopped coming as often as they were, but I have some good news. As of right now, I am almost done with every part of the first build/release/version/etc of the game. I have decided to give this game the full works, making it much more game like. Looking at it right now, the final release will allow you to have 4 (Possibly more) companions, each will be with unique combat, dialogue, vore, items, skills, quests, and whatnot. And like the Easter Bunny, I am leaving a whole lot of Easter Eggs and other surprises in many places, with some very well hidden. Some of them will even need for you to look back in previous builds to access them! Anyway, yada, yada, boasting about game, yada, ambitious idea, yada. Is there anything I can clue you all in on? Release date is very foggy, but I would be happy to talk about anything while my computer maintains a non-burning temperature.

Glad to hear about an update. I'd only ask that you don't overwhelm yourself with adding in so much, but if you've been working on this for some time, I'd assume that you've fleshed everything out.

I've noticed some game devs here get way too ambitious and then lose traction.
Monopolus
???

Postby Slate » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:56 am

nuggholio wrote:How soon do you think you'll have the demo out? Most of the games i've bookmarked are in a semi dead state so it's exciting when one actually updates :P

I am hoping to get this demo out before Christmas of this year.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:05 am

Monopolus wrote:Glad to hear about an update. I'd only ask that you don't overwhelm yourself with adding in so much, but if you've been working on this for some time, I'd assume that you've fleshed everything out.

I've noticed some game devs here get way too ambitious and then lose traction.

Of course. I have learned a lot along the way, and I now have a more stable view of what is able to be done, and what isn't. From an outsider's perspective, it would seem that this could be an overwhelming venture. But, that is what is going to be exactly what sets this apart.

And I agree with that statement. Lots of games with great content, great ideas, great anything really, have just up and died, and that does sadden me.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:02 am

Even though this option won't be seeing much until way later in the development cycle, I just wanted to show that It IS going to be a thing now.

Dank.png
Dank.png (10.42 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Benevorlent » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:12 pm

This looks like an interesting game, I'm not normally one for RPG Maker games but the premise in this makes me want to try it out. Any chance of the demo being released soon?
Benevorlent
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game