Predator's Coliseum (v 0.15.2, 2017-08-27)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v 0.13, 2017-04-27)

Postby vorelectric » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 pm

I just downloaded the game and I got to say.

I'm liking it so far! I'm only a few hours in TBH though so I can't give any solid opinions about it, but it's pretty well done regardless

One little nit-pic that's more of a personal issue though (I know that the game is still an early early build, but hear me out here. Also keep in mind that I literally only just started so I don't know anything about the story other than the early beginning)

I feel like there should be a tutorial fight after you meet everyone in town. Like after I spoke with the receptionist gal the game just completely opened up to me and I felt... I don't know... confused? Intimidated? With no true "Goal" in mind other than "Now you gotta fight everyone to get to know them" I felt a bit lost. Perhaps there should be a small "Practice fight" that triggers after you meet everyone that explains what is expected of you instead of a short Descriptor of your apparent goal of "Make money and don't stay dead". Just before the fight you'd get a brief showing of the townsfolk finding out that the arena is open again and excitedly buying tickets for it. You know like make a big deal out of it and really immerse the player into the moment? After that you fight, probably the naga (Forgot her name already) and probably lose. Only AFTER the fight (And getting eaten of course) Should the game begin to open up. Alternatively, you could also include a short scene that explains to the player what their goal is other than the obvious, but that'll probably be better suited for a later build.

In any case, I do sincerely like the game and I DO hope that the resulting story, whatever it may be, comes to fruition somehow. I know this is a fetish game in the end, but regardless I'm still interested in finding out more about this game's world if that ever becomes an option.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU DEVELOPER!
vorelectric
Participator

Postby MasterGryph » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:29 pm

vorelectric wrote:I just downloaded the game and I got to say.

I'm liking it so far! I'm only a few hours in TBH though so I can't give any solid opinions about it, but it's pretty well done regardless

One little nit-pic that's more of a personal issue though (I know that the game is still an early early build, but hear me out here. Also keep in mind that I literally only just started so I don't know anything about the story other than the early beginning)

I feel like there should be a tutorial fight after you meet everyone in town. Like after I spoke with the receptionist gal the game just completely opened up to me and I felt... I don't know... confused? Intimidated? With no true "Goal" in mind other than "Now you gotta fight everyone to get to know them" I felt a bit lost. Perhaps there should be a small "Practice fight" that triggers after you meet everyone that explains what is expected of you instead of a short Descriptor of your apparent goal of "Make money and don't stay dead". Just before the fight you'd get a brief showing of the townsfolk finding out that the arena is open again and excitedly buying tickets for it. You know like make a big deal out of it and really immerse the player into the moment? After that you fight, probably the naga (Forgot her name already) and probably lose. Only AFTER the fight (And getting eaten of course) Should the game begin to open up. Alternatively, you could also include a short scene that explains to the player what their goal is other than the obvious, but that'll probably be better suited for a later build.

In any case, I do sincerely like the game and I DO hope that the resulting story, whatever it may be, comes to fruition somehow. I know this is a fetish game in the end, but regardless I'm still interested in finding out more about this game's world if that ever becomes an option.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU DEVELOPER!

A casualty of the design change.

Originally, the Naga was the only predator around at the start of the game, before you paid to hire the others. Her (non-combat) arena scene is still written as if it's your first time. Actual combat didn't open up until much later.

So the game went:
1. An introducion to the predator, after which you could go get eaten in the arena, trying out different dialogue options for different variations.
2. Once that got boring, you could pay to hire another predator. (Kind of frustrating, but it's not like there was anything else to do with your salary.)
3. Repeat 1 and 2 until everyone was hired, and you'd gotten to know everyone. This was the goal you had to work towards.
4. Actual combat opens up in the story's Act 2, and was effectively the postgame in the early builds.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby vorelectric » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:36 pm

MasterGryph,

Ah... Well that's what I get for not reading through the thread first.

My bad then! I jumped to conclusions!
vorelectric
Participator

Postby MasterGryph » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:37 pm

vorelectric wrote:MasterGryph,

Ah... Well that's what I get for not reading through the thread first.

My bad then! I jumped to conclusions!

Your complaints were valid and understandable. Both approaches have their pro's and cons. The main pro of the current build is that you have more variety at the start, and more supporting characters.

Just remember that this isn't a game about winning, it's about getting to know a set of characters inside and out.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:06 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Viola. Smaller and yet smaller, for those Averse to chest sizes as they are described.

Beauty. I like that first one, myself. Her breasts are as big as her head without being bigger than her haunches.
OSaV wrote:Wait, does that mean that it's not coming back for now? Since you mentioned (about a month ago) that the scenes removed will be restored in the next update "as a placeholder".

Oh, they'll be coming back. With a vengeance.
OSaV wrote:Well, it's from some general vore channel. Not sure if I'm supposed to link it. It's easy enough to find, so I guess I might as well.
I had assumed that she only had one digestion scene. Either way it was beautiful, and the soundtrack, as well as the dripping sounds were incredibly effective.

I'm just surprised it had found its way onto youtube. News to me.
vorelectric wrote:Suggestions for a more immersive start.

Check, added to to-do list. This is my first time doing anything like this, so I'm still looking for that happy balance.
MasterGryph wrote:A recap of the earlier builds.

As you said, there isn't much of anything to work towards yet. The first chunk of the game is going to be putzing around the village, formerly castle, and getting to know the predators. The only real plot event has been the succubus attack. More plot to come.
"I have no idea what I'm doing."
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby DarkPinkie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:43 am

Good to hear from you Lurker. I almost felt like you had vanished.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby abeabe1350 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi guys as some of you might know I am currently writing a bit for this project and I have been talking to Lurker about giving you a bit of a preview of what I have written. So I am going to give you the link for a dropbox file. This is the dialogue tree for Bessie, it is not final (I still think there might be some grammatical errors here, but it should be fine at the finished release), but it should give you a good idea what you can do with her. Of course by reading this you will be spoiling your self a little, though I would define this one as a very minor spoiler. Anyways hope you guys have a great day/evening/morning
abeabe1350
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8a80jdl8s3g5 ... e.odt?dl=0
P.s. Sorry it is still in note form. It will make a bit more sense in the game
Writer for Predator coliseum. Now with a tip jar https://digitaltipjar.com/lurkerstudios?_external=true
abeabe1350
Somewhat familiar

Postby Stega » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:12 pm

How do I prove myself to Tina in the arena? I've beaten her 3 times, Samantha 2 times, Iris once and myca once. Everyone but mara and sereleth I have beaten but she still wants me to "prove" i'm strong do i have to beat everyone? And if so how do I beat mara and sereleth?
Stega
Been posting for a bit

Postby Oceansire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Stega wrote:How do I prove myself to Tina in the arena? I've beaten her 3 times, Samantha 2 times, Iris once and myca once. Everyone but mara and sereleth I have beaten but she still wants me to "prove" i'm strong do i have to beat everyone? And if so how do I beat mara and sereleth?

If I recall correctly, you have to beat Tina 5 times
Oceansire
Been posting for a bit

Postby lich1993 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:30 am

Stega wrote:How do I prove myself to Tina in the arena? I've beaten her 3 times, Samantha 2 times, Iris once and myca once. Everyone but mara and sereleth I have beaten but she still wants me to "prove" i'm strong do i have to beat everyone? And if so how do I beat mara and sereleth?

you have to beat her 5 times before she takes you with her to get her pets
lich1993
Participator

Postby danmatt » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Nice game, looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Some issues I found:
Adrian tells you Iris wants to meet you at night,but visiting her at night doesn't seem to have any indication you need more affection to activate the scene.

Training with Mara on Sunday morning when she's already at the training ground still costs affection. Sunday afternoon has Iris on the training field, but the cow-cook is on the sidelines shouting encouragement to Mara instead.

Speaking of, the affection cost for training seems a little heavy. Is asking Mara to take 20 steps out of her house to the training field really that much of a hassle, equivalent 15 rabbits up the ass?

Mind of the warrior feels mostly useless. Why waste a turn on an ability that's immediately lost by taking damage the majority of the time? I did find the option to train it, but there's no indication of what the training is. Training several times didn't seem to address the primary issue of losing it on hit almost every time, so it's hard to justify investing in it.

Revisiting the Toothpick scene and agreeing to "something hotter" leaves you unable to move with the dragon mawshot on screen.
danmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby abeabe1350 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:40 am

Would you look at that it is the game's one year anniversary.
Writer for Predator coliseum. Now with a tip jar https://digitaltipjar.com/lurkerstudios?_external=true
abeabe1350
Somewhat familiar

Postby ImperialTrom » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:18 pm

were the demo end ? i beat tina pet and do all what the gost say to do ?
ImperialTrom
Been posting for a bit

Postby abeabe1350 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:32 am

trom, If the mermaid is all healed up and you have talked to her then, yes that is the end of this build. There is a preview scene for the next patch if you want to read that.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8a80jdl8s3g5 ... e.odt?dl=0
abeabe1350
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:25 am

I can't wait for the next version. damn half tempted to leak an image of one of the new areas.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:34 pm

I haven't been able to do as much work as I would have liked, only about an hour a day, but things are moving. All the scenes are in the game and I just need to run through them all and fix the obvious mistakes. That shouldn't take more than a week or two, then the game'll be sent off for playtesting.

And oh hey, one year anniversary!
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Don't rush, that said can't wait.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby lich1993 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:42 am

you don't need to rush we can wait for it until it's done .
lich1993
Participator

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Considering the original hoped release date was a little less than a month ago, I can safely say rushing is something I am not doing.

Hey, let's take a look at some of the things the coming update has, shall we?
Attachments
Pic A.bmp
A new and improved town, thanks to the efforts of warbrand4.
Pic B.bmp
More interactions between the various Predators. Hey, it's something.
Pic C.bmp
Post-Arena digestion scenes are back! You may now celebrate.
Pic D.bmp
Bonus scenes written by abeabe1350.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:57 pm

... damn I forgot to do alignment checks on maps. uh might send you a new version of the pub so the drink bottles are not hovering in front of the table. and a few other maps where I made similar mistakes.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game