Predator's Coliseum (v 0.15.2, 2017-08-27)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v.0.032, 2016-08-20)

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:28 pm

Er... Just- just ignore those chests. I've gotten rid of them now. By mine efforts to fix problems, I make new problems. :roll:

I've fixed the map. Honestly, that wasn't even my biggest mess-up with it. Somehow, I had actually labelled the Arena on the first floor page as 'Areana'. At least I caught that one.

As for most of the rest of the bugs, they all stem from the same source. After the scene with Samantha in your room, the game quietly teleports you to a second castle, where pretty much every room has undergone some sort of change. There's only a few small changes, such as items being placed in front of the girl's rooms, flowers in the forest, there's a pier on the lake, the library bookshelves are full, etc, etc... Mostly, this was just a practice run for me for later, when I'll be implementing the ability to purchase complete room upgrades. An example would be getting a merchant to run that empty area behind Athys (receptionist) who can sell you equipment, or a bar on the 2nd floor east wing where you can go drinking with the Predators.

The problems stem from the fact that I missed updating some of the doors, and they ended up sending you back to the first castle. Once you're there, the only way back is to try running through the scene in your bedroom again.

And I still can't figure out why the witch's introduction keeps friggin' repeating! It works perfectly fine for me, and I'm actually trying to break it now!
Edit: Found it. It was connected to the problem of being sent back to the first castle, because of course it was.
Last edited by ThatLurkerGuy on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I have no idea what I'm doing."
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cribbey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Most of the bugs I mentioned previously seemed to have been fixed in v0.032, so don't worry about fixing those :)

Only thing wrong in v0.032 so far is the map problems I have already mentioned

EDIT: Also quick question, does saying no to drinking the potion from the witch affect anything? or is it just extra dialogue?
Cribbey
Participator

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Just extra dialogue. A small little event added for fun and to reconfirm that being eaten and digested by preds outside of the castle grounds will result in death.

That means nothing yet, but there will be plot events that will send you out of the castle grounds...
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cribbey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:02 pm

ohhh ok cool, love the dialogue in this game so far.
Cribbey
Participator

Postby forumlurker » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Yeah, compliments on the new dialogue and characters! This project is getting better and better.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cribbey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:34 pm

One other thing that I have noticed while playing v0.032 is that after the Witch/Receptionist introduction scene, if you go to Samantha's room it will play her intro scene again. None of the others do.

Also the centaur is not in her room and all the others are.

EDIT: Intro scene replaying for Samantha as mentioned above is dialogue only and occurs only once.

EDIT: Digestion and scat scene does not play for Samantha after battle.
Losing to Mara causes game to freeze up after regaining consciousness.
Digestion and scat scene does not play for Myca after battle.
Digestion and scat scene does not play for Tina after battle.
Digestion and scat scene does not play for Iris after battle.
Digestion and scat scene does not play for Sereleth after battle.
Cribbey
Participator

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v.0.033, 2016-08-20)

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:19 pm

...these bug updates are having a serious turnover time.

Fixed up. That's said, there's no digestion or scat scenes for any of the girls after battle. I know, I know. It's hard to tell with me what's a bug and what's intentional.

The reason for that is because the girls are hard, and the player is intended to lose to them several times before winning. And since losing is the only real way to get money for now, and the combat system is going to revolve around potions, which have to be bought, the player is going to be seeing the loss scenes a lot.

With that in mind, it would have to be a short scene so the player doesn't get completely fed up with it. Maybe three of four text boxes. But if it's that short, than it doesn't really add anything. I'd rather have longer scenes instead, and just skip over the short stuff.

If people want some short scene add-ons after battles, I can certainly add some, but as it stands, I don't plan to.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cribbey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:47 pm

I did think it was intentional at the the time of testing that there was no scenes after battles.

But dammmnnn you update fast :-D
Last edited by Cribbey on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cribbey
Participator

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:43 am

Nice game an all, but the setup seems a bit complex for everywhere x.x
took a while to figure out which room is which >~<
And how to get to said room x.x
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby player1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:02 am

ThatLurkerGuy wrote:...these bug updates are having a serious turnover time.

Fixed up. That's said, there's no digestion or scat scenes for any of the girls after battle. I know, I know. It's hard to tell with me what's a bug and what's intentional.

The reason for that is because the girls are hard, and the player is intended to lose to them several times before winning. And since losing is the only real way to get money for now, and the combat system is going to revolve around potions, which have to be bought, the player is going to be seeing the loss scenes a lot.

With that in mind, it would have to be a short scene so the player doesn't get completely fed up with it. Maybe three of four text boxes. But if it's that short, than it doesn't really add anything. I'd rather have longer scenes instead, and just skip over the short stuff.

If people want some short scene add-ons after battles, I can certainly add some, but as it stands, I don't plan to.

Eeeh, i find it disappointing that you removed the digestion/disposal scene. Not only because i like them but because i feel it isn't the best way to avoid boredom. Ill take Nyan adventures as an exemple, during the survival minigames the author simply added an option to choose to look at the digestion scene. Even if you find yours short, you could do the same because im sure im not the only one who'd be disappointed if there's no gurgles anymore.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:22 am

TheAllSeeingEye wrote:Nice game an all, but the setup seems a bit complex for everywhere x.x
took a while to figure out which room is which >~<
And how to get to said room x.x

Yeah, I admit it's a bit much. That said, it's pretty much the entire world map being thrown at you at once, so... Yeah.

It needed to be as big as it is to make room for future events. Hopefully the map will help alleviate some of the confusion.

player1 wrote:Eeeh, i find it disappointing that you removed the digestion/disposal scene. Not only because i like them but because i feel it isn't the best way to avoid boredom. Ill take Nyan adventures as an exemple, during the survival minigames the author simply added an option to choose to look at the digestion scene. Even if you find yours short, you could do the same because im sure im not the only one who'd be disappointed if there's no gurgles anymore.

Oh goodness, I did not mean to imply that digestion is out. Quite the opposite, really. All scenes where the player gets digested (or someone else of note does) will get their own unique digestion and disposal scenes. For example, I spent some time today working on a willing scene where Sereleth (dragon) eats the player in the bath. Afterwards, she stays in the bath, enjoying a slight conversation with her tummy's occupant before taking a short nap and finally leaving the bath when she needs to go to the toilet.

What I meant was the scenes that take place after combat don't have digestion in them. To my mind, there are two types of matches in the arena: Event Matches, which are text-based and are full scenes, and the only player control is done by menus; and Combat Matches, where the player participates in turn-based combat. All I meant was that the Combat Matches wouldn't be getting gurgle scenes, or if they are, they'll be short and to the point. Later on, I'll add the ability to go back and revisit past Event Matches, so there's no point in copy/pasting the gurgle scenes over.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cribbey » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Don't know what you did in v0.033 but I can't load my save from v0.032 without an error (see spoiler) and when starting a new game it skips the receptionist intro scene and goes straight to the first fight (as if you had been and met Samantha and came back)

Spoiler: show
Untitled.jpg
Cribbey
Participator

Postby player1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:57 pm

ThatLurkerGuy wrote:Oh goodness, I did not mean to imply that digestion is out. Quite the opposite, really. All scenes where the player gets digested (or someone else of note does) will get their own unique digestion and disposal scenes. For example, I spent some time today working on a willing scene where Sereleth (dragon) eats the player in the bath. Afterwards, she stays in the bath, enjoying a slight conversation with her tummy's occupant before taking a short nap and finally leaving the bath when she needs to go to the toilet.

What I meant was the scenes that take place after combat don't have digestion in them. To my mind, there are two types of matches in the arena: Event Matches, which are text-based and are full scenes, and the only player control is done by menus; and Combat Matches, where the player participates in turn-based combat. All I meant was that the Combat Matches wouldn't be getting gurgle scenes, or if they are, they'll be short and to the point. Later on, I'll add the ability to go back and revisit past Event Matches, so there's no point in copy/pasting the gurgle scenes over.

Aah, your last message didn't give this impression is why, either or im really bad at interpretating things. It's reassuring! Either way, ill wait to get the opportunity ot test those combat scenes before giving an opinion (if needed be of course.) I just noticed that when you're teleported to the castle Athy's dialogue is skipped toward the point where the MC already met with samantha and where she's about to do her first fight. (is it also wrong to expect Athys to pred on the MC? <w < > w>).
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v.0.034, 2016-08-21)

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:46 pm

*Sigh* I break everything I touch.

I had started making preparations and looking up scripts for 0.04, but then the bugs started showing up. I jumped on fixing the bugs, but doofily forgot about the things I had already changed. ^^;

As an apology, 0.034 now includes something that I probably should have added a while back: a skip text button.

Just hold down the A button and watch as all the dialogue whizzes by, allowing you to quickly get to the good stuff.

player1 wrote:(is it also wrong to expect Athys to pred on the MC? <w < > w>).

>.>
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:42 am

I somehow thought Athys to be in league with the succubus. I hope you're not distracted too much from making 0.04! I'm looking forward to it. IF you want, I can do some testing for you.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:50 am

I would greatly appreciate that and obviously need it. :silly:

I'm aiming to have it done by next friday (the 2nd). Most of the groundwork and planning is done, and all there is to do is the scene writing and various bits and bobs.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:56 am

Sure. Send me a PM and I'll have it checked and ready within 24 hours.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby player1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:03 am

Mmm, i need to ask because i feel like i didn't understand everything

After the MC complete the first part and unlock/get enough affection. If you want to unlock fully fledged scenes in and out of the arena, you need to battle and win over the affection of your preds?

Also, when you defeat them, they gain experience but apparently you don't. Is that a bug or it's on purpose?
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:58 am

Affection will be one of the ways to unlock scenes. There will also be others gained by defeating the girls enough times and by progressing through the game. You can also gain affection outside of the arena as well. Next mini-update will have a fishing minigame that you can play to increase Myca's affection.

It's deliberate. To beat them as they get stronger, you'll have to go through side events to access better items, weapons, and skills. Get affection high enough and you'll even be able to ask them to train you in certain stats (for example, Mara will increase your defence by kicking the crap out of you).
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:48 pm

ThatLurkerGuy wrote:Affection will be one of the ways to unlock scenes. There will also be others gained by defeating the girls enough times and by progressing through the game. You can also gain affection outside of the arena as well. Next mini-update will have a fishing minigame that you can play to increase Myca's affection.

It's deliberate. To beat them as they get stronger, you'll have to go through side events to access better items, weapons, and skills. Get affection high enough and you'll even be able to ask them to train you in certain stats (for example, Mara will increase your defence by kicking the crap out of you).

Ah i see, is there any side event in 0.034? just to know before i start packing on potions and all
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game