Predator's Coliseum (v 0.15.2, 2017-08-27)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v.0.034, 2016-08-21)

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Nah, not yet. You'll need to progress in the story a bit before the opportunity to ask the girls to train you will open up. Actually progressing in the Arena is one of the main goals of the game, and most of the quests are related to making yourself stronger in order to face the girls as they get stronger.

By the time you're ready to beat the Arena all the way to the end, it'll be just about the time when the game is finished.

But don't bother progressing too far just yet. Update 0.04's just around the corner, and it's going to break everything. But after that point, the foundation of the game should finally be complete and further updates should be save compatible. Hopefully.

I've been figuring things out as I go, and there's been lots of hanging threads and poor formatting because of it. I'll need to restructure it all before it builds up and becomes an unplayable mess. ^^; Thankfully, I've learned a lot in the past couple weeks and I'm almost ready to put them all into practice.
Last edited by ThatLurkerGuy on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have no idea what I'm doing."
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Xorus777 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:06 am

Amazing scenario and texts, amazing game! But, there's one more thing i should tell you... Why the hell rooms are sooo huuge??? It takes so much time to run through(
Xorus777
New to the forum

Postby Tavore » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Amazing game so far, all the scenarios are nicely detailed and well written. I accidentally stayed up way too late trying to get every little bit of content out of this release.

If I were to make any sort of suggestion it would be to add more variety of sound effects in the vore scenes, it just got a little tiresome listening to the same swallow, splash, stomach growling, burp, and fart for every scene. I dunno, maybe i'm just crazy.

Seriously though, besides that I really cannot sing enough praises for your game here. I look forward to any update you have for the future
Tavore
Been posting for a bit

Postby geoshark12 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:35 pm

the game is fun but my i suggest adding in a picture of the pred eating you to go along with the dialog after you lose a fight
geoshark12
New to the forum

Postby CrystalKiller88 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:16 am

To find pictures for my game, I usually go to the Monster Girl Encyclopedia. There's a wide variety of girls on there. Then I edit in a bloated stomach in Photoshop. I'd be happy to provide a link if you'd like.
CrystalKiller88
Participator

Postby RediQ » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Maybe this is a bug, maybe not, but it seems that winning against one of the girls in the Training battles can actually lower their affection significantly. Currently, winning sets their affection to a random number between 3 and 5, rather than adding that number.

Maybe you intended beating them up to basically reset their affection to a fairly low amount? But the explanation of battles from Athys made it sound like they should be increasing it.

Besides that, awesome work so far! I'd love a way to keep playing the menu-based prey scenes after unlocking battles without needing to reload an older save, since those earlier scenes were all so good. This game has a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
RediQ
Participator

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:22 pm

Xorus777 wrote:Amazing scenario and texts, amazing game! But, there's one more thing i should tell you... Why the hell rooms are sooo huuge??? It takes so much time to run through(

I may have overdone the room size. In my defense, there's a reason for that, which you will see in v0.04. Instead, I've boosted running speed, which feels like an acceptable compromise.

Though now it feels a bit too fast. I might slow down movement speed a bit later.
Tavore wrote:If I were to make any sort of suggestion it would be to add more variety of sound effects in the vore scenes, it just got a little tiresome listening to the same swallow, splash, stomach growling, burp, and fart for every scene. I dunno, maybe i'm just crazy.

Fair thought. I usually play the game in silent mode with music playing on youtube in the background, so I don't even notice. I'll try to add more variety.

RedmanQ wrote:Maybe this is a bug, maybe not, but it seems that winning against one of the girls in the Training battles can actually lower their affection significantly. Currently, winning sets their affection to a random number between 3 and 5, rather than adding that number.

Derpaherp. That's supposed to add affection by 3-5, not set it to that number. I really can't be trusted with buxfixing.

RedmanQ wrote:Besides that, awesome work so far! I'd love a way to keep playing the menu-based prey scenes after unlocking battles without needing to reload an older save, since those earlier scenes were all so good. This game has a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Thanks for the compliments! They keep me going!

As for replaying the scene, I've thought about ways to do that myself. My first thought was to just talk to Athys to replay them as normal but since the scenes serve as introductions to the characters, it doesn't work as well id you're constantly being re-introduced to them. Even more so once other menu-battle scenes come into play and further develop their abilities.

I mean, I guess I could add a sort of gallery from which you could replay all seen or bypassed-because-they-end-in-game-over vore/sex scenes, but...

...Actually, I can't think of a reason not to do that. That'll be in 0.05.

CrystalKiller88 wrote:To find pictures for my game, I usually go to the Monster Girl Encyclopedia. There's a wide variety of girls on there. Then I edit in a bloated stomach in Photoshop. I'd be happy to provide a link if you'd like.

I've tried that, but I have no experience with photo manipulation and all I've managed to produce has been abominations of science.

I'm thinking of putting a request for people to make up some pictures for me in exchange for me writing out a scene for them, but I want to get a little more progress done on the game first so I can have something to show off.

Now, before I sign out, let me give everyone a little glimpse into things to come.
Attachments
teaser.png
Everyone enjoying supper together.
teaser2.png
A dragon's midnight snack.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:45 pm

I have to admit that the castle's dimensions are really disproportionate. Always nice to hear about work going on.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:24 pm

*blows raspberry* It's big so there's room for more characters. With six major characters and at least a dozen minor characters, the castle's going to fill up quick.

Unless you mean the place has a real Eldritch Location vibe going on with nothing lining up, in which case; it's not that bad.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v.0.04, 2016-09-06)

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Once again, I announce an update with a double post! Will none dare to challenge me?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! :lol:

Check the changelog for the changes; this one was a big'un.

Thanks go to forumlurker for bugtesting for me. It was only thanks to his hard effort that we were able to turn this update from a completely broken and unplayable mess into only an only mostly broken mess (it's only mostly dead). There were still couple issues I couldn't figure out how to replicate, so they're still drifting around in the aether somewhere until I can track them down.

If Athys (the receptionist) starts acting up, kindly let me know.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jaybeezy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:28 pm

I downloaded the game and like it a lot. It's quite well done!

However, I have some questions.
- At what affection level do new scenes get added with predators? I am still somewhat fresh and have just Samantha and Myca, at twenty-something and in the teens respectively. It's always the same with them, though after the first "fight" against Myca I gain the option to kiss her before she eats me.
-How do I get new items? I went to the book thing at the front desk and it only ever has gifts.
-What's with the holes in the ground outside? Looks like my dogs' handiwork... Are those able to be filled in later as part of making the Coliseum great again or are they just part of the landscape?
- It seems that if I have digestion turned on, scat is also always on even if I set it to off. Am I missing a step here beyond Digestion: On --> Scat: Off?
- How do I get past level one? I haven't ever gained any experience and the only things I can do are hire preds, face (read: get eaten by) preds in the arena, buy gifts for them, sleep in my bed, and explore. Is there something else available to do that gets me xp? Do I have to hire X amount of predators first or get a pred's affection level to X?
- Are there any shortcuts to get from the entrance to the library? It's kind of annoying to have to go all the way across the courtyard and double back past the spectator seats.
- Is there an option to turn the music down or off?
- I have hired my second pred (Myca) and faced her a few times, what is the next step to advance the story?
If anyone can answer these, I'd really appreciate it!

Details: Current level is one. Current preds are Samantha and Myca. I have like ~20k gold. I have tried both starting options with Samantha and Myca (dodge/run and long-range/close-range respectively). I have given each a few gifts. My reason for not yet hiring any other preds is that I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the ones I've already got.

Again, awesome game, I'm looking forward to the next update!
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby RediQ » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:45 pm

Jaybeezy wrote:However, I have some questions.

Almost all your questions will be answered by looking around Samantha's room. Unless it was removed in the latest update, there's a little imp-looking fortune teller there who explicitly says exactly what milestone you need to hit to progress to the next phase of the game.

Or, to save you the trouble of going there: Hire everybody and get their affections to 3.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Jaybeezy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:06 pm

RedmanQ wrote:Unless it was removed in the latest update, there's a little imp-looking fortune teller there who explicitly says exactly what milestone you need to hit to progress to the next phase of the game.

Oooh, so that's what that's there for... I assumed they were going to become a temporary important character to the plot for a time later on. Thanks very much, I'll go check that out when I next get the chance! :)
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Jaybeezy wrote:Words

As RedmanQ pointed out, in order to progress the game, you'll need to talk to the imp in Samantha's room to progress. But instead of getting everyone's affection to three, now all you need to do is hire everyone and face them in the arena once.

The reason for this is so that when I'm writing scenes involving multiple characters, I won't need to be constantly putting in conditional branches checking if the player has hired a certain character yet. That's just asking for trouble. Instead, it's simply a case of "Has the player passed this point yet?" The first order of business is hiring all the main Predators. The second is fixing and populating the castle which, yes, includes the holes in the back.

I'm not sure why digestion/scat would be acting up like that. It works fine for me. Maybe try reusing the Digestion item?

At the moment, there's no way to level up the player character. This is an intentional choice.

There's no shortcuts from the lobby to the library, but I could add a ladder from the patio outside if it's an issue.

To turn music on/off, hold down the fn key on your keyboard and hit F1. This will open up the rpgmaker menu and you can fiddle with your options here. I usually keep the music off myself and play other stuff on youtube.

Other than that, keep playing and I'm glad you enjoy the game! :D
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Postby anthony050 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:05 am

I'm sorry as I don't know how to write a proper bug report but I found that the game placed me in some no clip or something after getting tooth pick from Sereleth I found out that it had to do something whit "set move route player through on and off. I tried by replicating it whit an event to turn it on and of and it started to work afterwards I do sadly not know where it's supposed to be turned off during the event.

Also great game ThatLurkerGuy. I really enjoy the interactions whit Clarie and the other characters :D .
anthony050
Participator

Postby Conflictions » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:27 am

Before I say anything, want it to be known, I love the game so far LurkerGuy. Found it thanks to roaming in the odd part of youtube. Now. For my issue.

Bug Report: After encountering the Succubus for the first time and going through all the text to now engage in combat with the girls. When I challenged any of them and (lost) > (Being digested and whatnot) > (Waking up in bed) I noticed I lost the ability to run, leaving me going the nasty turtle walking speed. No matter how many times I try the result is the same..

Bug report 2: When you head to Tina's room for the UB, if you stand in front of her during the interaction, during the animation of Claire following her to the bedroom, she'll get stuck against the wall and be unable to move.

Bug report 3: Being Eaten by Iris crashes the game. Unless you reinstall.
Side note: I think it could be super cute if Wistla ate you. Judging by her reaction if you refuse to drink the potion.
As well as implanting an auto-lost function in the combat menu as to cut down time losing and getting money.
Conflictions
New to the forum

Postby RediQ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:18 am

A couple more bug reports:

- There's a path at the bottom of the 3rd floor that leaves the player stuck inside of a wall on the "Lounge" map. I found it after progressing the plot for the first time and unlocking combat, but it may have existed before that as well. I'm assuming that's related somehow to reconstructing the castle, but it's totally game-breaking before that point.

- In at least one of the post-combat scat scenes (Mara), trying to use the toilet in her room from the side results in getting perma-stuck there and needing to restart the game. I think either her movement command is wrong or noclip might not be turned on for that movement to allow her to step onto the toilet tile. Also in that same Mara scene, you can see a duplicate Mara sitting at the table in her room.

A couple more compliments:
I really love the new variety of digestion scenes after a battle loss, and there are still a ton that I haven't seen yet. The new movement speed is also great but you might be right that it's just *slightly* too fast. Makes it a little touchy getting through single-width doors, but it's still way better than the old runspeed.

Also seconding the desire to be eaten by Wistla.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Jaybeezy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:43 pm

ThatLurkerGuy wrote: Useful words in response to my words.

Thanks, that helps a lot! Keep up the great work! Finally getting somewhere.

For some strange reason, I have taken a liking to Tina. Or as she might call herself, "[Expletives] Awesome-ass, [more expletives], magic-using harpy." IDK why, but there's something inexplicably charming about her way of talking.

Oh, and now that I've hired her, I see what people mean when they call Mara "that bitchy centaur." I hope, for the sake of everyone else at the castle, that she develops a slightly less "entitled bitch" personality as the game progresses. I mean, how does she even stand herself? :roll:
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v.0.041, 2016-09-07)

Postby ThatLurkerGuy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:15 pm

Most of the reported bugs should be fixed. I'm not sure why Iris would crash the game, but maybe there was a problem with the initial installation? Let me know if it happens again, and on which scene.

The other problem I can't fix is the running one. I mean, the switch to re-activate running is in the event where you recover in the bed. It's RIGHT THERE! WHY WON'T IT WORK?

*cough* So instead, there's now a treasure chest above the bed where you recover where you can find a pair of running shoes. Use it to reactive running until I can figure out a smoother solution.

The lounge one was entirely my fault. After I sent the game off to be bugtested, I looked over the map and thought "You know, the lounge doesn't need to be this huge. Let's fix it a bit." And then I changed the location of the entrance without updating the location where the player appeared. Good job, me. ^^;

Oh, I have plans to be eaten by Wistla. You'll have to work for them, though.
Spoiler: show
In the future, you'll be able to upgrade her room/lab. She'll start to develop new and exciting potions, which can be used outside of combat and will unlock new scenes for every character. But first, she'll have to test them, with your help. :D

Planned potions are: Undigestable (full tour), Aphrodisiac ( :-D ), and Gender-swap (turns the player into a boy). Also, upgrading her lab is how the player will unlock the one-use Predator Potion, which will let Claire part-time as a Predator.

Personally, I think Tina is also my fav character, followed by Sereleth. Mara sits waaaaaay at the bottom. I know she'll get a healthy dose of character development, but I still don't like her right now.

Conflictions wrote:Before I say anything, want it to be known, I love the game so far LurkerGuy. Found it thanks to roaming in the odd part of youtube.

I...was not aware I was on youtube. I'm youtube famous! Eeeeeeeeeee!
Last edited by ThatLurkerGuy on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThatLurkerGuy
Somewhat familiar

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v.0.041, 2016-09-07)

Postby RediQ » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:33 pm

ThatLurkerGuy wrote:The other problem I can't fix is the running one. I mean, the switch to re-activate running is in the event where you recover in the bed. It's RIGHT THERE! WHY WON'T IT WORK?

Checking the project file, it looks like there's two tabs in the wakeup event. DashOFF isn't being changed in the second tab (which also appears to be the one that activates everybody's "walk around the castle" events, so I'm assuming it's the one being used for most of the game).

Edit: Just tested out the change myself and that's what it is. Copy-pasting the DashOFF bit into the second tab totally fixes it.
RediQ
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game