So how are vore games made?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

So how are vore games made?

Postby knifesmile » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm intrigued by the idea of a vore game and thinking of taking a shot at one but I've never done such a thing before. Is it all done using RPGMaker or are there other ways of going about it? What's typical to include or not include?
knifesmile
Somewhat familiar

Re: So how are vore games made?

Postby OmnicidalZero » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Really, any game engine that can make other games, can make vore games too. RPGMaker and GameMaker are two great things to start out using if you're new to making games.
OmnicidalZero
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:41 pm

knifesmile wrote:I'm intrigued by the idea of a vore game and thinking of taking a shot at one but I've never done such a thing before. Is it all done using RPGMaker or are there other ways of going about it? What's typical to include or not include?

yes absolutely, the only way to make a vore game is using rpgmaker and the only things to include are either exclusively F/F oralvore or exclusively F/M oralvore there is no other way of making a vore game.

Joking of course. I use LWJGL and Java to make nomad and I am including a wide variety of vore scenarios within the boundaries of no M anything (cause its my game, so my prefs are the most important). This is not the beginner level option by any definition of those words though. I suggest using game maker for the sheer novelty of it as RPGMaker vore games are something we've had rather a glut of. If you make a game using rpgmaker you will find things very difficult as far as standing out of the crowd. Vore games can be genres other than RPG and can certainly be other sorts of RPG than a SNES style JRPG. So I suggest using game maker, and picking a different genre...try something new, it'll attract more attention.
darkevilme
---

Postby knifesmile » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Hmmm, OK. Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm going to make it largely oral hard vore and soul vore, probably, because - well, like you said, it's my game and therefore my interests are going to naturally predominate. XD But I'll make a point of including other stuff, too. And I do think it's worthwhile to focus on my own kinks because I suspect they're underrepresented in current vore games from what looking around I've done.

EDIT: I'm downloading the free version of GameMaker right now. What would you guys like to see in terms of type of game, d'you think? Clearly RPGs are out due to overwhelming commonness, but what would appeal to you guys more?
Last edited by knifesmile on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knifesmile
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Game Maker has only one important question: Top-Down or Side-Scrolled layout.

An important thing to set up, is a variable to tell if the MC is in a state in which the Player will not have control. This is the toggle variable which should be set by default to let the Player have control, but get switched when the Player should loose control.

Other than that, just pick a theme to stick with.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby knifesmile » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Hmmm, OK. Noted, thanks.
knifesmile
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game